Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank (10782 Views)

Approach Zimbabwe For Solution To Inflation, Obasanjo Tells FG / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response / Minimum Wage Above N22,500 Will Lead To Inflation, Says Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Kwanza: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
The World Bank has slammed the Nigerian government’s slow response to inflation currently pushing many Nigerians into poverty and food insecurity.

Although the World Bank said inflation in 2022 is projected to be 15.5 per cent, Nigeria’s inflation as of May this year has raced ahead at 17.71 per cent, which is higher than the World Bank’s projection.

The World Bank warned Nigeria might have one of the highest inflation rates globally in 2022, with increasing prices diminishing the welfare of Nigerian households.

In a World Bank report titled, ‘The Continuing Urgency of Business Unusual’, it said, “despite the urgency, the authorities’ response over the last two years has not been adequate, and inflation has increased and fueled poverty and food insecurity.”

The financial institution added that the inflation shock is projected to push about 15 million more Nigerians into poverty between 2020 and 2022.

The Washington-based bank added, in a different report, that the number of poor Nigerians is projected to hit 95.1 million in 2022, warning that many non-poor Nigerians were only one small shock away from falling into poverty.

According to the lender, such a shock can be induced by the issues of climate or conflict which could further threaten Nigeria’s poverty reduction efforts.

Recall that the World Bank had said the Federal Government of Nigeria did not take any concerted action towards curbing inflation in 2021 despite the inflation shock pushing an estimated eight million Nigerians below the poverty line.

Nigerian govt’s response to inflation inadequate – World Bank

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Vulturereloaded: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Their response to everything is slow. But the solution is here.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Totilopussylick(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Buhari was not known as

Baba go slow for no reason tongue.

42 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by NwaNimo1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2022

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by rickpat(m): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
slow is a wrong word to use in this context...slow means he is having a response but gradually....as we all know bubu is not taking any step, not to talk of slow steps

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Esama: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
The hypocrite called world bank. Tomorrow they will still say something different.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Naijanascam: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
Esama:
The hypocrite called world bank. Tomorrow they will still say something different.

Eggxatly......as if they are working for the populace

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by MXrep: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Obi is here to right the wrongs

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Smithkafors(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nigerians don't want to learn.....see them supporting the same set of people who crippled our economy.

Atiku
Tinubu
Buhari
Orji uzor kalu
Gandollar
Amechi
Ekweremadu
Lauretta anochie
Ikpeazu
Elrufai
Uzodimma
Shettima

One thing they have in common is that they are all attacking the same candidate. Why? because he will stop their impunity.
Youths wisen up.... They are now playing ethnic / religious cards while they travel up and down for medical treatment in foreign countries. How do you want them to develop the country when they travel in private jets..... They are not accessible to people. Peter obi is always accessible, because he uses the same public facilities. That man will change this country for good.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Penguin2: 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
His response is too slow because he has no response.

He has nothing upstairs.

“Nemo dat quod non habet”, “You cannot give what you do not have”.

Fools still want us to hand Nigeria over to Tinubu to finish us kpatakpata.

Ndi ala!

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Obidient4life2: 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
By 2023 IMF go see speed believe

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Coolsperm: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
If Buhari is slow then Tinubu will be slower, say NO to APC

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by vhykeeytor(m): 5:52am On Jul 04, 2022
I guess this is what Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu meant, when he said " Join me in rescuing Nigeria..." after receiving the APC flag as it's presidential candidate. I ask those who say I should vote PAC again, what are they coming to change this time around? because they have changed my life from top to bottom. Maybe they are going there in 2023 to change our soul and completely sell it to the DEVIL.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by PalazzoJi(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:
I guess this is what Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu meant, when he said " Join me in rescuing Nigeria..." after receiving the APC flag as it's presidential candidate. I ask those who say I should vote PAC again, what are they coming to change this time around? because they have changed my life from top to bottom. Maybe they are going there in 2023 to change our soul and completely sell it to the DEVIL.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Caleb17: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2022
Why won't it be inadequate while a Clueless President Is in power trying to Impose another Old entitled Tinubu for us to suffer till 2027. God forbid. I have gotten my PVC. Have you gotten yours. Let's change the change guys.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by SmartPolician: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2022
Thank God that the constitution doesn't permit Buhari to stay beyond a second tenure. If not, by 2027, Zimbabwe will be a child's play.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by havenz(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2022
World bank and Nigeria government have nothing to offer to the great Nigerian youths.

The same world bank that asked the Nigeria government to devalue the #aira. Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by aribisala0(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2022
What does the World Bank suggest we do?

114 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Judolisco(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2022
When u replace a graduate of Harvard university and MIT with person from ABU Zaria na wetin u go get bdis
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by MorataFC: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Definitely
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by drlaykay(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2022
I only pitt the next president.
No matter how good and hardworking, nothing will reflect.
But getting the right person there first is also seeming impossible.
So there's high chance that inflation rate will hit over 20perc in the next administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by Dpharisee: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2022
Does Buhari have any idea about the state of affairs in Nigeria, house interest is gallivanting like Kweku the traveller all over the world
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by money121(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by kenedy175(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2022
It will be inadequate.

We have an inadequate president. You can't give what you don't have

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by sotall(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2022
undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank by DWJOBScom(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2022
We know
They are never serious
And our President will soon desire to attend beaching viewing conference in Rome soon
While his ministers loot in peace

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obajana Cement Factory Ownership: Kogi Government Urge Citizens To Remain Calm / 2 Opposition Parties Deny Allegiance To Buhari / Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu Wants APC To Postpone Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.