Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi (1495 Views)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / 2023: List Of People Supporting Muslim-muslim Ticket / The Nine Kinds Of People Supporting Buhari For A Second Term, By ‘Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by OsunOriginal: 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Any keen follower of the build-up to the 2023 general elections should be familiar with the name Peter Obi, one of the contenders for the highest office in the land. Peter Obi is reputed for his large followership, especially on social media. If you conduct any poll on any of the social media platforms, Peter Obi will most likely win. On the ground, in many parts of the country (SW, NC, NE, NW, SS), he would most likely come last. His party, for example, scored only 195 votes in the recent Ekiti gubernatorial election.

The purpose of this short write-up is to dissect Obi's followership (combined - both on social media and on the ground) and show the categories of people making up his support base. Basically, I have seen 3 categories of people.

Category 1:
These are ethnic supporters of Peter Obi who would rather die than support any candidate from a tribe other than theirs. They see the election in their mind as a fight for ethnic supremacy of the Igbo race but would come out to say their support for Obi is because the man is a saint and has a magic wand to turn things around in Nigeria. These guys have never supported and won't support anything coming from their SW neighbors - this has been demonstrated since democracy commenced again in 1999. They supported OBJ against the candidate of the SW, Olu Falae. They supported Jonathan and then Atiku, all against the SW's choice of Buhari/Osinbajo. This group represents 90% of Obi supporters - they are on all social media platforms including Nairaland.

Category 2:
The second category is made up of religious bigots who see nothing good in any religion that is not Christianity. To them, they should not be governed by practitioners of any other religion - it is a threat to their religion and a threat to their existence. Therefore, they will not vote for a muslim presidential candidate talkless of a muslim/muslim ticket which the APC may likely field. They have members in pockets here and there across the country - SW, NC, NW, and part of NE. They make up about 5% of Obi's supporters. Note these are not the ethnic supporters even though the ethnic supporters are also majorly christians.

Category 3:
This group has its membership drawn from the supporters of the current VP who just lost at the APC convention to his political benefactor, Tinubu. They constitute about 5% of Obi's supporters and mostly from SW. When you see a south westerner supporting Obi, he/she belongs to either category 2 or 3.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Totilopussylick(m): 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
tongue
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Obidient1: 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Massive Support for PETER OBI is because of his.
HONESTY,
INTEGRITY,
GOOD TRACK RECORDS,
EXCELLENT LEADERSHIP SKILLS/MANAGEMENT,
HEALTHY MIND AND BODY,
A VISIONARY LEADER,
VERY VIBRANT AND WELL EDUCATED,
GOD FEARING MAN AND HAS A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PEOPLE.
LIKE FOR PETER OBI
SHARE FOR TINUBU.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Statistical imaginations from the dream of the OP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Obidient4life2: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
Urchin post always lacking substance

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Reasonable4me: 12:11am On Jul 04, 2022
Op try and sleep and stop having sleeplessness. If you can stay awake at 10:55pm to write something, it should be a breaking news and not because you think you have an opinion about Peter Obi. The man is sleeping at the moment, I think you should too unless you see him whenever you shut your eyes, then I can understand your sleeplessness.

Anything other than that is mental break down

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Goodday90(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2022
When delegates didn’t vote their fellow Igbo,eh ibo hate their fellow ibo,okorocha couldn’t get one single ibo vote

Now we want Peter obi,eh ibo people are too tribalistic,they are too clannish

When are we going to drink water drop cup for una,everything we do them must talk

No 2-is Olusegun obasanjo not Yoruba enough for you people
Tinubu urchins are really loosing it as the day goes

17 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by specialmati(m): 12:17am On Jul 04, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Any keen follower of the build-up to the 2023 general elections should be familiar with the name Peter Obi, one of the contenders for the highest office in the land. Peter Obi is reputed for his large followership, especially on social media. If you conduct any poll on any of the social media platforms, Peter Obi will most likely win. On the ground, in many parts of the country (SW, NC, NE, NW, SS), he would most likely come last. His party, for example, scored only 195 votes in the recent Ekiti gubernatorial election.

The purpose of this short write-up is to dissect Obi's followership (combined - both on social media and on the ground) and show the categories of people making up his support base. Basically, I have seen 3 categories of people.

Category 1:
These are ethnic supporters of Peter Obi who would rather die than support any candidate from a tribe other than theirs. They see the election in their mind as a fight for ethnic supremacy of the Igbo race but would come out to say their support for Obi is because the man is a saint and has a magic wand to turn things around in Nigeria. These guys have never supported and won't support anything coming from their SW neighbors - this has been demonstrated since democracy commenced again in 1999. They supported OBJ against the candidate of the SW, Olu Falae. They supported Jonathan and then Atiku, all against the SW's choice of Buhari/Osinbajo. This group represents 90% of Obi supporters - they are on all social media platforms including Nairaland.

Category 2:
The second category is made up of religious bigots who see nothing good in any religion that is not Christianity. To them, they should not be governed by practitioners of any other religion - it is a threat to their religion and a threat to their existence. Therefore, they will not vote for a muslim presidential candidate talkless of a muslim/muslim ticket which the APC may likely field. They have members in pockets here and there across the country - SW, NC, NW, and part of NE. They make up about 5% of Obi's supporters. Note these are not the ethnic supporters even though the ethnic supporters are also majorly christians.

Category 3:
This group has its membership drawn from the supporters of the current VP who just lost at the APC convention to his political benefactor, Tinubu. They constitute about 5% of Obi's supporters and mostly from SW. When you see a south westerner supporting Obi, he/she belongs to either category 2 or 3.

grin grin grin grin grin all these useless analysis because they choose to support younger Peter Obi over your old currupt money bag. Alias Lagos landlord. Oya come and analyse why they should support Lagos landlord

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by vhykeeytor(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2022
Three kind of people supporting Tinubu

1. Frustrated people who Nigeria have happened to, and they can't wait for others to experience what they have experienced.

2. The people buhari called "Lazy Youth" Buhari went further to say, that would sit in one corner waiting for you to hand money over to them (awon owo mi da). try use your car to beat traffic in Lagos state by entering any street, you will see them come out to block the road with tyre asking for money. These people are in same category with Civil servants who are resistant to change, they have never developed their mind or operations of working since they started working.

3. Tribal and religious bigot...the "awon awa lo'kan" peeps who can't not reason for themselves and don't have independent mind. most of them are mostly illitrates who vibe to the tune of "baba sope". They voted for a nepa Bill holder in 2015 and 2019, now They are drumming support for someone whose certificate was kidnapped by Unknown soldier. they are same category with the head slammers who voted buhari simply because he goes to mosque on Friday with them.

11 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by helinues: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2022
We are yet to see just 1 single Obi's supporters who can exchange 4 conversations without throwing tantrum or derailing from the topic

I have been asking Obi's supporters to just present 1 person, but none

5 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by wekeani: 6:49am On Jul 04, 2022
moST USEless post to ever grace NAIRALAND

Op need to get his brain checked ASAP

4 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by donleo92: 6:50am On Jul 04, 2022
@op.
Do you think obi would make a good leader? if yes no need of all this nonsense.
let the best man win.

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by vhykeeytor(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:
We are yet to see just 1 single Obi's supporters who can exchange 4 conversations without throwing tantrum.

I am here to exchange positive conversation but not a faceless forum like nairaland. Let meet on Skype or even create a zoom and deliberate meaningfully, so I can put a face to the moniker Helinues...for posterity sake.

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by helinues: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

I am here to exchange positive conversation but not a faceless forum like nairaland. Let meet on Skype or even create a zoom and deliberate meaningfully, so I can put a face to the moniker Helinues...for posterity sake.

Stylishly,you have already counted yourself out..

Oya present just 1 person wey fit

4 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by OsunOriginal: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:
We are yet to see just 1 single Obi's supporters who can exchange 4 conversations without throwing tantrum.

It requires an intellectual capacity to do so.

5 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by naija4life247: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2022
We will shame them all.

Tinubu's hobby is humiliating idiots. He did that in 2007 when Obasanjo planned a 3rd term coup. He did it again in 2015 and humiliated Goatluck. In 2019, he humiliated Atikulation and his gang. In 2023, Tinubu will humiliate the Obituary gang. A 3rd Class Philosophy graduate of unrated local UNN will never be on the same lever in a Chicago State University Accounting graduate and prize winner.

83 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by vhykeeytor(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:

count yourself in let's meet and discuss online. I want to see your face or are you scared of watching me talk, why I also watch you talk. Let me not assume someone is typing for you, or you are doing copy and paste. Other will join the zoom room to judge or contribute.
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by helinues: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:
count yourself in let's meet and discuss online. I want to see your face or are you scared of watching me talk, why I also watch you talk. Let me not assume someone is typing for you, or you are doing copy and paste. Other will join the zoom room to judge or contribute.

Next Obi's supporters to pick up the challenge..

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by naija4life247: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
vhykeeytor:

You think everyone is jobless like you? You better go and carry your Gala and La Casera to sell inside Lagos holdups

84 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by OsunOriginal: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2022
donleo92:
@op.
Do you think obi would make a good leader? if yes no need of all this nonsense.
let the best man win.

How?
Thank God he was governor of Anambra for good 8 years. Can you show us what Anambra looked like before he took over and the transformed Anambra he left after 8 years? How did the fortune of Anambra change with the 8 years reign of Obi?

3 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by techWriter3: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2022
Urchin register always sans narcotic

1 Like

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by ThatFairGuy1: 7:17am On Jul 04, 2022
Some are actually supporting Pitobi ignorantly because of the lies, social media hype and propaganda, himself and his people subjected him to.

This is why all his lies must be busted.

Obi Governance was a failed one when he was Governor.
He has NOTHING, I repeat nothing to his name as legacy.

Any so called OBIdient you meet, just ask them why are you SUPPORTING Pitobi and see how they become foolishhh.

Ask them here and see them ranting and become insulting

80 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by donleo92: 7:17am On Jul 04, 2022
OsunOriginal:

How?
Thank God he was governor of Anambra for good 8 years. Can you show us what Anambra looked like before he took over and the transformed Anambra he left after 8 years? How did the fortune of Anambra change with the 8 years reign of Obi?

Yeah, Obi would make a wonderful president. but with the hate for igbos it's gonna be hard
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by KingofAnambra: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2022
IPOB terrorists, UGM terrorists and social media bandits are the 3 groups supporting Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by iamDreem8(m): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Category 1:

Category 2:

Category 3:

You are not too correct.

Some of us are from the group that is tired of being ruled and govern by nepotic and clueless leaders. We are from the group that want change and change and change in the way we are have been governed. We are from the group that want someone who is young and vibrant.

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by beejaay: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:

Somebody presented himself and you are running... Accept the acceptance na if u get mind.. Sei na u dey find who go follow u converse and pesin don nominate himself.. Olodo feeling funky
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by lexxwiz(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:
We are yet to see just 1 single Obi's supporters who can exchange 4 conversations without throwing tantrum or derailing from the topic

We are not interest in the conversation with someone who has a tribal track record such as you.

Even before Obi came on board, you’ve always had issues with the south East. So helnues, no one will engage you. Be rest assured, the only mention you’ll be getting is more insults. Know this and know peace.

No one takes you serious at all, trust me.
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by helinues: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2022
lexxwiz:

We are not interest in the conversation with someone who has a tribal track record such as you.

Even before Obi came on board, you’ve always had issues with the south East. So helnues, no one will engage you. Be rest assured, the only mention you’ll be getting is more insults. Know this and know peace.

No one takes you serious at all, trust me.

Of course, any one not supporting the miscreants Igbos and their militia wing ESN/UGM are automatically enemies of SE
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by Bontafa: 7:42am On Jul 04, 2022
helinues:

Of course, any one not supporting the miscreants Igbos and their militia wing ESN/UGM are automatically enemies of SE

Hungry man Buhari no Dey pay u again?
Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by SaiOba: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2022
Am sorry mate, I know you are entitled to your opinion but you got it all wrong..
OsunOriginal:

Category 1:

Category 2:

Category 3:

Re: The 3 Categories Of People Supporting Peter Obi by helinues: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2022
Bontafa:

Hungry man Buhari no Dey pay u again?

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Oamj4
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 1 and 2

(1) (2) (Reply)

TINUBU Spat On The Grave Of OWO Church Victims. / 'Bauchi Is Violently Atikulated' - Ifeanyi (Pix) / APC Women Leader Turns Arise TV Interview To Comedy Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.