Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? (43046 Views)

What Does This Mean??(see pics) / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Benjaniblinks:

Wetin happen

Nothing actually, i read his comment and it was obvious he was ‘cruising’ or whatever it is. Obviously didn’t follow what he said, I’m not stupid
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by omoadeleye(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:
What does this mean on an iPhone (real life experiences preferably) and how can it be removed

Thanks.

Why can't you click learn more about supervising?

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by GeneralPula: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2022
The iPhone needed jail breaking, I guess..

You can as well remove the managed and supervision from the phone settings..
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2022
UrPapa:
Go to about under settings and see which company is supervising it

I’ve checked. There’s no profile of the company on the phone neither does it say which company is managing it…
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by generalwo(m): 8:52am On Jul 05, 2022
It's called MDM.... Mobile device manager.... You can either remove the profile managing your iPhone or if removing it has been disabled, then you can take it to computer village for someone who has the software to remove it to help you do it.... Whatever is on that iPhone will be seen by the company that configured the remote assistance..... Even if you reset, it will still be managed by the company.......

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralPula:

Your phone is safe so long you’re using your own created Apple ID which you’ll link to your iCloud for storages and backups..

So I’m hoping the Apple ID on the phone is yours and yours only?

Yes, just my own apple ID that’s logged in.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 05, 2022
NobleSeed:
don't just troll tatrums he wants to render a help you seek for.
There is difference between to erease and to resent and iphone, he said reset not erease.
If you erease the iphone there is probability that it won't work again,if you reset chances the stuff will wipe off .

I didn’t reset or erase it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by cupid4ig(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2022
It is called MDM(mobile device management) probably the phone was issued to the previous user by a company or organization. So the mdm profile was installed by them. Only the company can remove the mdm by unlisting the imei from their database. Aside that u can only bypass it but once u reset the phone u will be locked out until u out the company/organization username and password that was giving to the owner.

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2022
generalwo:
It's called MDM.... Mobile device manager.... You can either remove the profile managing your iPhone or if removing it has been disabled, then you can take it to computer village for someone who has the software to remove it to help you do it.... Whatever is on that iPhone will be seen by the company that configured the remote assistance..... Even if you reset, it will still be managed by the company.......

I’ve checked. There’s no profile of the company on it.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by mamawa123: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2022
This information I pulled online might help you:

Supervision or supervised mode is a special mode for schools and companies to manage iOS devices they own. Supervision gives administrators better control over devices and makes it easier for them to monitor the device compliance with the organization's policies and regulations.

How to disable supervision on an iPhone or iPad?

In most cases, only the institution which owns the device can turn off the supervised mode.

Unenrolling or retiring devices from Miradore does not make them unsupervised.

The supervised mode can be removed by resetting/wiping the device to factory settings (Erase all content and settings) if the supervised mode was enabled using Apple Configurator.

If the device is still supervised after a factory reset, then it has been automatically enrolled and supervised using Apple Business Manager. In this case, you will need to do some configuration changes on Miradore and Apple Business/School Manager portal:

Go to Enrollment > Apple DEP page on Miradore.
Select the device(s) you want to unsupervise and use the Actions > Remove enrollment profile.

2 Likes

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2022
omoadeleye:

Why can't you click learn more about supervising?

I did but I also wanted to hear from people who knows what it is.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by bencr7: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Iraloren:

No Southerners or south west or ever middle belt should Vote any Northerners because of Boko Haram ,Fulani , Bandits , Fulani Iswap , Fulain militant and Fulain hansmen . Codely they force Tinubu to choose Muslim as running mate, also want to use kwankwaso want to force Obi to be VP so they can use obi to win Election and retain power in North, continue they agenda. God will fail them. We stand for OBI or TINUBU....

they are about iPhone,u are talking politics na wa, angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by franconian: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2022
cupid4ig:
It is called MDM(mobile device management) probably the phone was issued to the previous user by a company or organization. So the mdm profile was installed by them. Only the company can remove the mdm by unlisting the imei from their database. Aside that u can only bypass it but once u reset the phone u will be locked out until u out the company/organization username and password that was giving to the owner.

Note that not all MDM request for company username and password during setup. Some will just setup normally.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Machinegun91(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2022
That phone was bought on loan
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by wumi2017(f): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2022
Here for comments...pls guys patronize ur baby girl may God bless you
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Ishoola: 9:10am On Jul 05, 2022
I don't even know what make people to buy that phone call iPhone, me: I can't be restricted with my money Lai Lai, it will never happen.

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Ten06(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2022
MegaPlayBoy:
If the phone was bought used, it means it was previously used by an employee of a company (the company got it for the employee in question). It was used in the company intranet before being sold off

It's nothing bad and you can use it normally without fear

Don't you dare reset the phone. If you try am, it will ask for the company password. The phone go just useless

What about if it is the one that has been used by yahoo boys to do massive collection and it is being monitored by FBI, EFCC, DSS KGB and numerous spies?
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Zchi1052(m): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:
What does this mean on an iPhone (real life experiences preferably) and how can it be removed

Thanks.
This is MDM Lock
If it's giving you concern or some functions are restricted do to MDM Lock
Hit me up let me get rid of it totally and forever
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Zchi1052:

This is MDM Lock
If it's giving you concern or some functions are restricted do to MDM Lock
Hit me up let me get rid of it totally and forever

No function is restricted, no company profile on it either, but yea I don’t really like seeing it there.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by porthouse7(f): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:

Thanks.
just go buy google pixel 6pro and stop iphone nonsense

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by membranus: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2022
wumi2017:

What's 'baby gal' selling?
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by wumi2017(f): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2022
membranus:

What's 'baby gal' selling?

Corporate shoes, sneakers,palms slippers, jalabia, boxers both male and female
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Ezedon(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2022
Stop buying stolen phone

1 Like

Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by SamuelLoch: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2022
omoobaja:
Didn't experience such with the few months wey I take use iphone then..

Lenovo what?
I mean the model of the Laptop?
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Streett: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by Bmaster(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2022
wumi2017:
do you have a branch around onitsha or asaba ?
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by websta: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2022
[quote author=mrvocalprowess post=114416909]

Okay thanks. Does the company have access to the phone? Can they see my pictures? Bank apps etc from their end?![/quotes]

No, but I think there maybe some stuff that can't be run on the phone if such services were not removed or deactivated from the phone.
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by redcliff: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:

Thanks.

its mobile device managed. MDM
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by MartinsD12(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2022
mrvocalprowess:

Thanks.
Na new iphone abi brand new if it's new iphone am not expecting this but it's second hand I suggest you take it back to the seller you bought it , the phone is being monitored by a security pluggin
Re: Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? by redcliff: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2022
if you reset that phone, say goodbye to it, because you will not get access to it except you have access to the company managing the device which is impossibru

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. / I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore / My Boss At Work Gave Me Iphone X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.