Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (59875 Views)

₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / A Dozen Tubers Of Yam I Bought For N7,000 In Ogun Today / The Tuber Of Yam Man Bought For ₦1200 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by KingsArome(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2022
techWriter3:
Here in Abuja that yam nah like ₦700-₦800

For Gwags na 400 or 500, potatoes full where, vegetable, fresh pepper and tomatoes. Gwagwalada get plenty villages, and most of those village na farm land.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DKM123: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Last week, I bumped into a group of youth in Nicon Luxury all dressed in suits, numbering about 50. When I noticed they were going for lunch and it was buffet, I enquired who they are. A staff told me they have been there for over a week and have been undergoing training. All for Tinubu. These are young guys who will very soon hijack the social media. There are also groups in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

You know what, when they are unleashed, you will understand. That's what they used against Goodluck. It will be worse for PO because the social media is his strongest point right now. Each of these boys will have up to 100 social media accounts and will be online 24/7. If you make any post, within an hour you will get a 100 attacks, neutralizing any positive thing you may have posted about PO. They will come in different identities, including Igbo, so people will be confused. It is war, but PO team doesn't seem to understand this yet. I was speaking with Val yesterday. I told him about it, hoping he would understand. This is not the type only him will be replying PO critiques, he will be overwhelmed.

The tactics is based on studies of countries where incumbent presidents were beaten in elections. APC did the study and deployed it well against Goodluck. They are at it again, but the youths will not allow them succeed this time. We are tired of being FUULED and manipulated by this evul old men. Our Mumu don do! Youths wake up and smell the rotten coffee!

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ejehkob: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Nigeria de highway o
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by morikee: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2022
Hassanmaye:

God save us in this country sir.. here in Kaduna it's 1500

Which Side of the kaduna cus for my side e no go pass 1000

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by OmoIjebuOde: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2022
And some wicked souls are still campaigning for Buhari pro max.
We will mix Buhari if Tinubu eventually becomes president.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Federalis: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2022
They even try for you.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by emmykk(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2022
Chisaedhor:
Pls mode post this to the right section (thanks).

grin Things are really get out of hands in Portharcourt.

This small yam below is 2,500 naira at Elelenwo Portharcourt. I just bought it from one aboki lol.

We cracked some jokes though and we became friends, he said he even removed small thing for me lol after mentioning 3.5k (3 pipe grin)

Its not a joke, how person wan take survive like this

What could this cost in your area?

You are just lying...Give your life to God
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2022
morikee:

Which Side of the kaduna cus for my side e no go pass 1000
U/ rimi
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ofiadiegwu: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chisaedhor:

This small yam below is 2,500 naira at Elelenwo Portharcourt. I just bought it from one aboki lol.

We cracked some jokes though and we became friends, he said he even removed small thing for me lol after mentioning 3.5k (3 pipe grin)

This yam, in Adamawa, it's at most #1,000
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by morikee: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hassanmaye:

U/ rimi

What do expect from G.R.A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Omihanifa:
Nawa oh. That same tuber fit go for that 2500 here in enugu. Things have really gotten to a terrible level.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Kutunban: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
Gunayo:
I don hammer be that Ooooh. Make December reach make l harvest my yam. Farming is good.

No, after selling your yam assuming you will; I guess you'll buy other commodities. Inflation is destroying you and the Farming you are doing.

I'm also a livestock farmer, check my Moniker on Google. I have a goat ranch in the north, Livestocks are very expensive now and I have quite a herd, should I be happy? No! Low standard of living and high cost of living is destroying us all.

I'm a proud northerner and hardly talk about politics online, but I don't want to be destroyed by bad policies. It's time we all get it right by voting good people who want us to be well educated. That's the only solution to Nigeria's problem. We are poorly educated in Nigeria that's the major problem. So sad!
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by KingsArome(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
ibechris:
That is 5 of that for #4,500 in ABUJA.

We farm here, and Abuja is close to so many villages where farming is their major occupation.

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by eyidamilola(f): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
Omihanifa:
really? Shey you no go dey help with yam bayi
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by OK2NVME: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Result of Jewish backed Fulani vampires whose only agenda is to accelerate a food crisis and famine in Nigeria.

Jews love using artificial famine to push their satanic communist take over.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Thomasankara(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
lie
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by insightful01(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
DOTian:
Nigerians are starving and some of the causes are based on wicked policies and not necessarily a general paucity of funds within the government. Take for instance, the low protein consumption amongst Nigerians. This is because of the federal government embargo on the importation of beef, which has been in place since the end of the war in the 70s. Most Nigerians don't know this, but you can't import beef into this country. This policy was ostensibly enacted to help local farmers, yet, most of the cows slaughtered in this country on daily basis are all coming in from Mali, Chad, Niger and Mauritania! Is that not importation!? The foreign herders come in, sell, change their earnings into dollars and disappear through the borders without paying any sort of taxes!

The federal government has turned the Fulani herdsmen into some sort of monopolies in this area. They set prices and since you can't buy elsewhere, you must buy from them! In the east as at today, a cow is chasing half a million naira! How many pieces will the guy in the restaurant cut this thing to make a profit?? Even when there are obvious shortages in terms of supplies nationally, the government will never allow for importation to augment what is on ground. This has led to a situation where Nigerianns eat their meals with little or no meat. And this shows in the physical appearances of most Nigerians. Folks need to force the government to lift this ban. If the Fulani herdsmen have chosen kidnappings and arson to herding, folks should be allowed to import beef from other areas like Australia, Argentina or even other African countries like Kenya and co. Visit other West African countries and you will notice that even though they are poorer than us, they feed a lot better than us...

To some extent, you are right. Look at the yam we breed on ourselves, it's this expensive.

Gov. Needs to slack it policies to make sure Nigerians are well fed. For instance in 90s, when we import rice into this country it was more cheaper compare to this time we grow our own. Is it suppose to be so? No. Because it's mostly grow from the north, yet bandit disturb their farmers here and there. This high the hunger rate on the poor Nigerians.

FG should charge every state on Agricultural breed and follow it with flexible loan program .
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Kutunban: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
ccollins:
grin grin can u pls expatiate on what you mean by the food Nigerians take shows on their appearances lol

Most Nigerians are thin and slim especially the men while the obese are mostly pot bellied with malnourished skin due to Alcohol or late night over feeding on poor diets due to high cost of living

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by clockwisereport: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tinatravee:
100% visa application guaranteed 7slots available hurry now and call 081::63::83::85::69 for more information. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on 081::63::83::85::69
you are typing this from your tent in Ontario
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by goshen26: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Must u eat yam?
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by awoo47: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Lucky you. The last time a small Tuber of Yam was sold for #800, here in the EAST was, 2019. Now the smallest tuber of Yam is above #4,500. Hunger wan finish People here.
ure crazy
its not possible
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by luckydion(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chisaedhor:

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by joe120120(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Chisaedhor:

Must u eat yam in this buhari government after killing farmers ?
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Munamoqel: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
DOTian:
Nigerians are starving and some of the causes are based on wicked policies and not necessarily a general paucity of funds within the government. Take for instance, the low protein consumption amongst Nigerians. This is because of the federal government embargo on the importation of beef, which has been in place since the end of the war in the 70s. Most Nigerians don't know this, but you can't import beef into this country. This policy was ostensibly enacted to help local farmers, yet, most of the cows slaughtered in this country on daily basis are all coming in from Mali, Chad, Niger and Mauritania! Is that not importation!? The foreign herders come in, sell, change their earnings into dollars and disappear through the borders without paying any sort of taxes!

The federal government has turned the Fulani herdsmen into some sort of monopolies in this area. They set prices and since you can't buy elsewhere, you must buy from them! In the east as at today, a cow is chasing half a million naira! How many pieces will the guy in the restaurant cut this thing to make a profit?? Even when there are obvious shortages in terms of supplies nationally, the government will never allow for importation to augment what is on ground. This has led to a situation where Nigerianns eat their meals with little or no meat. And this shows in the physical appearances of most Nigerians. Folks need to force the government to lift this ban. If the Fulani herdsmen have chosen kidnappings and arson to herding, folks should be allowed to import beef from other areas like Australia, Argentina or even other African countries like Kenya and co. Visit other West African countries and you will notice that even though they are poorer than us, they feed a lot better than us...
why can't you rear some goats ? You don't have hand
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by clockwisereport: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
That means people like udoji2021 are swimming in money right now
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by nkem1992: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:
The yam looks very

Obidient smiley

If you don't have your PVC

Eat the yam and

Use the strength to go get your PVC.
Haba on top yam again
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Mykelslim: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Aboki don scam you. I live in ph my side It’s 1200 with abeg because normally na 1k you suppose you pay.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Elidrisy20: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Na goat you buy,abi na yam?
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ObosiUkwalla: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Lucky you. The last time a small Tuber of Yam was sold for #800, here in the EAST was, 2019. Now the smallest tuber of Yam is above #4,500. Hunger wan finish People here.

clown always yapping trash for the likes, unfortunately, no one is giving him the attention he so craves for
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by desof: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
five derica of rice, and fit ball am for a whole month
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by abokikhalifa: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Very big for that amount

How is this big ? Una go just dey encourage nonsense.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by LogicBomb8: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheGiftedOne:
Point of correction OP. That is not a big Yam. That you paid big money for it doesn't make it big.

1. If I pay 1,300 for that yam, I no go fit sleep for night. Say wetyn?

2. Na oil city wey no dey grow yam you dey, so I understand why.

3. Even if you cook am in full, plus the gas, energy used, time spent cooking for me, I still no pay that amount. Kilode?

4. I'd rather use that money to take transport to Owerri, buy yam eat Belle full for inside the money, then transport go back to PH go relax. I cannot come and kill myself.

I remember posting the pear and mangoes i bought on two different occasions in Benin with the prices, and people went crazy. Some even said I was lying. Oya doubting Thomases food don set.
where in owerri can you get that yam at a better price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) / Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.