Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39934 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by amaham(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
It's what it is! We know all the hiding behind Obi for the sake of Biafra and not for the love of your zoo.
We've left you behind oo, Obi is national!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
jibosqie:
I'm so sorry... Your mental capacity is not fit enough to be engaged. If you cannot differentiate an ASPIRANT from a CANDIDATE.

but yet you engage me. It's ok we know insults is the only way you IPOB members and supporters speak, civility is not in your DNA. We know Obi supporters are simply IPOB members and supporters in new Obi clothes for the duration of this doomed campaign. We have had 7 years experience in your ways and we will be here in Feb2023 when you remove the Obi clothes you are masquerading under and return to your red green and black garments you wear underneath as you reallign with your true leader in Kuje prison.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Acidosis(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
Perfectbeing:
This is own you guys always talk with emotions and not facts.

A salary of 70k for 100k police officers for a year is N84 billion. How much do they pay kidnappers in one year?

You're funny. What is N84 billion?? grin

A methodist church prelate paid N100 million. An MD of a company (Sun D) paid another N100 million 7 years ago. Many have been paying N100 million.

That's what some individuals (non-political figures) paid for their release.

The attached shots are just few of the published cases. When you visit the household levels, cases that never made the news, from N2 million to as much as N10 million per head on average earners, you will understand my point.

If kidnappers get hold of you, how much do you think will secure your release? N250k? cheesy Imagine a reasonable figure and multiply by 10,000 people. Compare the result with that 84 billion.

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
agabaI23:
It has failed baby.

Look for another narrative. This won't work.
Werey dey disguise like better people…una don cast with Biafra
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by prosnadis(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ur clownish
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
amaham:

We've left you behind oo, Obi is national!
Werey dey disguise like better people, Biafra don cast una since independence
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by seunmsg(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.

Is this not what Tinubu said that they’ve been dragging him for since last year?

Tinubu proposed that 50k youths should be recruited into security agencies annually. He even went further by suggesting that we provide locally grown foodstuff to support them. Obi is making the same suggestion and they are praising him. Who does not know that Nigeria is under-policed?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Hotice007: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
splashbaby:
Irolabi…and some Igbotic urchins will believe this one….hiding behind democracy to promote Biafla. Bunch of confused enthnocentric conscious buffoons.

They want Biafra and want to rule over the country they called Zoo at the same time..Na animals go vote for una laslas, crazy and laughable Zoogerian. They are consequences for stupidly promoting Biafra over Nigeria and now you want love and unity…oofo le mase.

Quote me and let thunder fire you and your generation.
You are just a miserable bastard full of hate. Go get a life
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tellwhat: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.
He will cut down size of governance. Also you do realize campaign hasn't commenced he's just brushing through and is yet to release his manifesto

Nigeria's money is been wasted on so many things without tangible account if not how do you explain cutting of grass for almost 500 million. The cost of governance is high. A road that should normally cost for example say 10 naira; the government will claim it cost 120 naira and that's the real corruption not just supposedly going about chasing criminals while your letting new criminals run havoc

How do you explain how someone will loot 80 billion

This country is rich. We just have leaders with poor mindset and malicious intent

Rather than always trying to tear Peter obi down all in the name of scrutiny which isn't entirely bad. How about you focus on South what he has to offer considering that not only is he the better option and will better represent our interest to investors, it's also more likely to easily remove him in 4 years if he doesn't perform according to expectations

If Atiku or tinubu wins no matter how they mess up just like Buhari did they will still complete 8 years

Whereas Peter obi will find it hard to win the next election (2027) unless he performs well that's if he even wins this one 2023
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by melviniyke2002(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
cut cost of governance....
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Teeroyzimma: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
KEVIND:
"I want to show people love, when they show me hatred" - Peter Obi.
guys all these talk will not work
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by splashbaby(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
;[center][/center]
Hotice007:

You are just a miserable bastard full of hate. Go get a life
The thing pain am enter bone…Werey result to insults when he has nothing meaningful to say.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Gohs: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
Obi will win next year's election and cut the cost of governance.

The money saved will be used to gradually pay Nigeria's N39trillion debt.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
jelel6:

Nice perspective and the simple reality for anyone who's in the hot seat.

I actually don't envy any would-be president of this country. Because in a country full of selfish, self-centred, and shortsighted groups of people, good luck trying to preach a common cause.
Yeah. I wouldn't advise anybody I'm close to to contest for Nigerian Presidency.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Perfectbeing(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Feggie3:
As expected I know this where your argument will. You people can never be realistic in this country. How many of your past leaders have ever been 100 percent ready? He has simply told you these are the places he plans investing it, and that he will need to assemble an innovative team for that. He is extremely hopeful it will work out, but if he faces hitches he will soft pedal. He has the ideas, but why are you behaving like you are so sure of the future!
I am 90% sure that things won't get better in the next few years of the next President. Basically all countries are facing hard times and inflation. Even the best economies are seeing shege let alone developing countries.

One thing you don't know is that I'm very patient for leadership position cos I've held a post before. I understand how impatient people are how would expect you to perform magic as a leader. I would be able yo understand why we won't feel the good impact of the next president (no matter who he is) throughout almost half of his first tenure. But how many Nigerians would be that patient?

And the problem with PO, is that he's making the solution look easy. That when you do this, this and this will just happen. That when he gets there, he will invite siemens to Nigeria and in 4 years, there will be power. He doesn't even know if that plan in Egypt started over 15 years ago, he's just talking about how many power siemens have provided in Egypt in 4-5 years ago.
Tinubu wooed and persuaded Chinese investors to invest in Lekki seaport since 2006. And it wasn't till 1st of July 2022 (16 years after) that the first vessel landed in Lagos. That's after Lagos had 3 Governors with the 3rd completing his first term. So why does PO thinks that when he invites siemens they'll come to Nigeria the next day and build power station? That might not be what's he saying but that's what he's making people to believe and if in one year, they don't see any improvement, they'll start insulting him.
Most of his fans are very unrealistic. They already feel all Nigerian problems can be solved in his first 4 years. And this too much hope is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by fombi: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
This man is the solution to Nigeria problem and the most qualified for the job. All the other candidates are thugs, empty heads and criminals.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by omohayek: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

So basically you now admit I was right he never answered the questions?

BTW tinubu has stated clearly he will introduce state police, he and Atiku have both stated they will restructure Nigeria. So stop this bullshit of no one can state clearly. the man who cannot state clealry is the man who has no plan!!!

The reason we are where we are today is that People did not ask the right questions and put Buhari and his antecedents up to scrutiny in 2015. I am old enough to have been around when he was head of state in 1984, he was a monumental failure then and i said it in 2015. But people were so despearte for change they didnt examine the man and his record properly. the same thing is happening now, ibos and naive youth are so desperate for change they are not seeing through the BS in peter Obi. The good thing as a Nigerian is that he has no hope in hell of winning.
You have put the crux of the matter beautifully in the emphasized passage above. I can understand young people feeling fed up with seeing the same old faces running again and again, but what's the point of bringing in a new face if it turns out to be even worse than the old one? This mindset of wanting change for change's sake - never mind the specifics - is what brought about disasters like Trump's presidency, Brexit, or the eloquent law professor in Tunisia who was swept into power as a "man of the people" and promptly revealed himself as a dictator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kais_Saied

Peter Obi's unwillingness to commit himself to any clearcut positions on issues hardly makes him out as a "breath of fresh air" who will tackle established interests, even leaving aside all the shady dealings in his political career that are currently being glossed over by his supporters. Obi is afraid - rightfully I believe - that as soon as he starts taking clear positions, his followers will no longer be able to treat him as a blank slate upon which they can project any of their own fantasies. But if he's so afraid of alienating supporters now, how will he find the courage to do so when in office, at which point real-world consequences will be at stake, not just mere daydreams?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by FunkyJustice(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
Enough of this Peter Obi interviews and drills, please journalists go and interview other aspirants
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ojonugba2014(m): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

Sure. It's those old fools without valid certificate that should rule us

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Larrysung(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:

Lol. Do you sincerely believe Nigeria doesn't have the capacity to fund the salaries of 1 million officers??

Kindly look beyond all forms of sentiments and be true with your answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by chingle5(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
This Peter obi is very wise... I like how he answers the subsidy question.... Subsidy in Nigeria is more of a necessary evil .. you need it but it is bad... He said yes and no coz there are some problems that is not just straight forward to answer.... He tries to weigh the advantage in both options.. if you remove it you have to give something better to replace it.. if you don't, you have to manage it better...

This will be my first time voting and if I don't vote Peter Obi make i bend...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by chingle5(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Larrysung:

Lol. Do you sincerely believe Nigeria doesn't have the capacity to fund the salaries of 1 million officers??

Kindly look beyond all forms of sentiments and be true with your answers.

I like this your answer...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
omohayek:

You have put the crux of the matter beautifully in the emphasized passage above. I can understand young people feeling fed up with seeing the same old faces running again and again, but what's the point of bringing in a new face if it turns out to be even worse than the old one? This mindset of wanting change for change's sake - never mind the specifics - is what brought about disasters like Trump's presidency, Brexit, or the eloquent law professor in Tunisia who was swept into power as a "man of the people" and promptly revealed himself as a dictator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kais_Saied

Peter Obi's unwillingness to commit himself to any clearcut positions on issues hardly makes him out as a "breath of fresh air" who will tackle established interests, even leaving aside all the shady dealings in his political career that are currently being glossed over by his supporters. Obi is afraid - rightfully I believe - that as soon as he starts taking clear positions, his followers will no longer be able to treat him as a blank slate upon which they can project any of their own fantasies. But if he's so afraid of alienating supporters now, how will he find the courage to do so when in office, at which point real-world consequences will be at stake, not just mere daydreams?

Sometimes I wonder if he really wants to be president or is just riding the wave of popularity to see where it takes him, hence his lack of strategic thinking and preparedness both in terms of a master plan or a plan to ascend to the presidency. His decision to dump PDP to me shows bad thinking, his decision to join labour again poor thinking, his decision not to be Kwakwanso's deputy...again poor strategic thinking. if he thinks he is going to be president in the current mood of the nation as the head of the ticket, he is deluded. His fans are in the south, the votes are in the North!!!

Peter Obi's supporters in PDP would IMHO have turned Tinubu into the underdog, especially with his muslim-muslim ticket dilema, yet he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and ported to labour, a party with no structures and no heavyweights, no governors, no parliamentarians, no Northern strangle hold. he turned down the offer of VP to Kwakwanso who would have given him 1) credibility amongst non Obi supprters (I heard Kwakwanso speak the other day, he is a sound mind) and support in the North.

How you want to run for presidency in 7 months and appear on national TV without a coherent plan or at the very least a clear position in principle on the burning issues is befuddling. Even I who is not running can reel out what I will do if I assumed power tomorrow because for years, I think all the time of Nigeria's problems and solutions, I can tell you how many Km of roads in what period and how many jobs will be created by associated industries as a result of huge road projects, quarry, agriculture timber etc which industries i want to revive how they interconnect, How I have a rail plan but All the steel used must come from the Nigerian steel industry, so we must revive steel plants as a matter of priority. How i intend to remove subsidy amongst other avenues to fund these projects, my plan to revive universities and make the top tier Universities fee paying to stop the forex we spend every year to send our children abroad and give schorlarships if and when required to qualifying students etc etc. A presidential candidate should be able to come on Tv and say things like these 7 months to an election!!!!! The days of "The Platform" are over,nobody is interested in wikipedia statistics, people want to know decisively what your plans are!

You are not on TV to sell yourself to your supporters, you are on TV to convince the skeptics, your supporters are already in the bag. You dont convince skeptics when you appear on national TV without a plan skeptics have no emotional connection to you so they see through BS unlike supporters. 2) He clearly hadnt anticipated the questions and prepared himself for the possible questions, which shows, not only are you unprepared but you dont have people around you who are prepared and can prep you for interviews. Again just like his decisions making vis PDP,NNPP, all he ends up doing is show a man who doesnt think things through but relies on blagging his way through.

I dont understand how a presidential candidate appears on TV without having ready made answers on burning issues in the land. If i were a presidential candidate from the Se i would have sat down with my advisers and focus groups before any television interview and have ready made answers for questionslike

1. State police,
2. Insurgency,
3 . restructuring
4. Subsidy
5. A guiding principle and outline (if not specifics) for how to grow the economy and a target growth rate
6. IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu (because I am fromthe SE)

etc

if I dont have answers (I shouldby now) I wont appear on TV else I destroy my campaign before it starts like Dan Qualyle. You mess up on Tv and sometimes you never recover from it in the eyes of the people you need to convince. gain I stress you are not appearing or campaigning to convince your supporters...they are already in the bag!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Upliftment101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvmYqStwF8w

Tune in to arise tv. Now and watch the interview

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
Upliftment101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvmYqStwF8w

Tune in to arise tv. Now and w.atch the interview

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by nauttyn(m): 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

The problem with democracy is that our collective fate and hence mine is in the hands of the ignorant, poorly educated, uninformed and unenlightened . It’s the same thing all over the world. It is no surprise that the countries making the most progress in the last 2 or 3 decades are not democracies!!!!!

The good thing is that there is absolutely no chance in hell that Peter Ibi can ever get the required 25% in 24 states. So we are safe from the damaging effects of the votes of the ignorant and uninformed.

So really there is no point is dragging this matter.
So in order words you my dear are one of the ignorant and uninformed citizen?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Omobada(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
Who is right?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by plaindealer: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Pandora liar, a world class lying machine... grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by 27Pushing30: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
Prinxzona10:

Bro,I don't care the TV station or the platform they intend to use buh the problem is that they're all afraid to show for an interview and it's very obvious.
Even if they rehearse the questions and answers or select the questions by themselves,they will still flop except you ain't seeing what every intelligent and sane people are seeing.
These people got absolutely nothing upstairs and whether politics or not,people that wants good for themselves,their future,their children and their country wouldn't have to stoop too low to be defending all these old sick selfish political thieves especially if you're been paid peanut to do so.
No matter the high level of my intelligent acumen,I wouldn't dare see any strong points/reasons to defend these political crooks and frauds especially Tinubu and Atiku..besides,my conscious wouldn't permit that.
Lastly,politics you said buh don't you think that people are also politicking with their lives and futures huh??
I rest my case....Gracias!!!!

Man by nature is a political Animal. Every action or inaction is political. from public to private life
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tombrown3(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Peter Obi on subsidy removal

1.Would you remove subsidy: Yes and no.

My comment

Honestly not really satisfied with this answer. Subsidy has to go and go completely. There is no yes and no, there is yes, or no.

He said he will give something in place of subsidy before removal.

An average Nigerian is scared of removal because everything we do depends on fuel, if you have 24/7 power supply and a good road, it will only be automobile that's consuming fuel. Factories will no longer use diesel to power plants, which in turn make goods cheaper. Transportation will be high at the initial time but as soon as people start building more refinaries, it will be a competition.

But bare in mind you might never have to buy fuel just to give yourself electricity which is what some of us in small business scales are scared of.

Naija is not hard, the elite are the ones making profits from the suffering of the masses, which is why anything good can't go to the poor masses, rather we are tax on everything!

Human factor is really affecting us.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by AgueroS: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:

People like you, your parents and siblings are the dogs and baboons because you display their uselessness and you’ve obviously led with the senseless comments you’ve been making here. A 3rd class graduate is better than an illiterate like you.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by chrixtoimoh: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
I pity Kwankwaso he just blew the opportunity he had to sell him self.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership / Court Dismisses Six Count Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Orders Re-Arraignment / Nigerians Reacts As Oby Arrives Kaduna On Train To Begin Campaign (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.