Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. (1237 Views)

Endangered Languages Of Nigeria + Others / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad / Top 10 Most Spoken Languages In All Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by kumamoto: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
I say this because,sadly in many African countries, there is too much emphasis put on the study of former colonial languages such as English, French, and Portuguese. I'm not Nigerian but I love the great languages of Nigeria such as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Tiv, Efik, and Kanuri. It would be nice if all these languages could be made official. I find it so sad that many people speak Pidgin English instead of these real African languages.
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by kumamoto: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
Basically what I'm saying is that people should speak these real languages, and not that disgusting Pidgin English which is nothing but baby-talk.
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by Goldieluks: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
For me, i like the pidgin English,but i don't the way it interferes with other languages especially the queens English.
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by ezeagu(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
"Queens English" has no place in Nigeria.
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by aljharem(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2011
hausa is spoken in the northern states assembly

yoruba is spoken in lagos and other state's assembly

igbo is now composory in school (anambra) in the SE

we are getting there
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by Goldieluks: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2011
ezeagu:

"Queens English" has no place in Nigeria.

if it has no place,why do you speak it and write with it?
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by ezeagu(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
Goldieluks:

if it has no place,why do you speak it and write with it?

I do not write "Queens English".
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by kumamoto: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
To be honest, any English should have no place in Nigeria.
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by odumchi: 2:52am On Jul 31, 2011
It is so ironic that the President cannot speak is own language (Ijaw) in the House of Assembly
Re: I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. by kumamoto: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2011
Ideally all indigenous languages of Nigeria should be made official.

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Break The Record Build Tallest Christmas Tree In Nigeria;over 600m / Why You Should Always Pick Your Calls.. / Why I Am “age Queer” – OAP, Nelly Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.