Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (21211 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
I am currently working with a church that pays me 61k monthly.

I have a calling to start up my own ministry and I am there for learning.

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by RedChiefPriest: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
You want to leave being fisher of men and change to being carrier of men?
But if my eyes no pain me,the church is paying 61k and you want to leave it for a job that pays 50k?
Anyways do anything your spirit goes with because it does not matter the advice, you will still follow your head.

Dj! Bring me 4 big tilapia with 4 keg of palmwine make I use reason this matter further.
Barman! Play me "this life sef" by Buhari and Beyonce.

268 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by TNORWAY: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
No be God call you?

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
I actually want to be sure I read right.
Okay, being in ministry means you were called by God, and you are sure and convinced that He called you, with some precise signs. If that's the case, you're not strangers with the Holy Spirit, and you know He is the ultimate counselor for any Christian.

At this point in your blessed life, you need the Holy Spirit and you to be like 5 and 6. Please let Him direct your every step.

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.

Seek the face of God on this too....atleast he wont be wrong in directing u again!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by fikayormi(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
You can’t do the two ?

Seems you prefer the transportation more than the pastoral .

Challenges full transportation industry ranging from Agbero to police extortion, bad roads etc and the pay is even low compare to where u r now

Anyway Do what’s good for you .

11 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by boldx(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
Luke 14:16 - 19

16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by CrownOfClay724: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
You can be a transporter and still be a pastor.

Except that the conditions of the Church's work prevents you from doing anything else while with them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by JBriel: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

How about ask God first ?

10 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Spiff20(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
I don't get it. You want to raise money and you're opting for 50k instead 61k. You're not even a true pastor talk more of having a calling to start your own ministry. One day you could leave the ministry to go and do oil company job of 250k with this mindset. You even saw a church paying you 61k and you're still thinking like this. You called yourself into this not God. This is funny even.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Samfloxin(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
You are working for your master,you are considering leaving your master's job. Instead of you to ask your master (God) who you are working for, you start asking nairalanders

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by sageb: 2:38am On Jul 07, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
You want to leave being fisher of men and change to being carrier of men?
But if my eyes no pain me,the church is paying 61k and you want to leave it for a job that pays 50k?
Anyways do anything your spirit goes with because it does not matter the advice, you will still follow your head.

Dj! Bring me 4 big tilapia with 4 keg of palmwine make I use reason this matter further.

Guy, you are funny.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nastydroid(m): 5:19am On Jul 07, 2022
Hmmmn you claimed to be called but the holy spirit can’t direct you, abi na you call yourself due to sapa Anyway you can try out other business when you are done learning or better still mix the two. there are people who work in private organisations in the morning and do their pastoral ministries in the evening and weekends .

14 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by DAramis: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2022
Nastydroid:
Hmmmn you claimed to be called but the holy spirit can’t direct you, abi na you call yourself due to sapa
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by DAramis: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by lereinter(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2022
Ask God for evidence of your calling

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2022
OP whether God called you or you called God make sure to have multiple streams of churches financial Income means...

Deep Quote:
Religion na politics in Africa especially in Nigeria.

@Seniorwriter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by lereinter(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Spiff20:
I don't get it. You want to raise money and you're opting for 50k instead 61k. You're not even a true pastor talk more of having a calling to start your own ministry. One day you could leave the ministry to go and do oil company job of 250k with this mindset. You even saw a church paying you 61k and you're still thinking like this. You called yourself into this not God. This is funny even.

Oil dey your head

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by mazimee(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

If you are called indeed like you claim you should know who to seek advice from.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by DenreleDave(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
.. God didn't call you, you called God grin grin grin grin

I wunt be surprised if you are part of those people that paid to learn speaking in tongues.

Iranu grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Golden057(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2022
Me I am working in a church that's paying 5k monthly stipend according to them, I am looking for a better ministerial appointment. You are joking with yours of 61k?

Abeg, make you better sit back and watch God changing your life

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Whois(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
You want to leave enjoyment for sufferness? I think you need deliverance asap

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Harddiskng(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Lool at the bolded

Oga forget it, you were not called. Take up the transporter job to feed yourself and your family.

From your expressions, being in ministry is your personal desire. If God calls you to do “his work” “his ministry”, God will also provide the funds.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by sukkot: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
grin
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Channah1(f): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
Now, I want you to pose this question to yourself.

61k without stress and hassles, and transport biz with a lot of stress, hustle and bustle everyday with a pay not up to 55k, which is better. Give a straight forward answer and choose the one that is better.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Neimar: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
You get calling to startup your own ministry kor
Na the money dy call you
Anything small thing una go run go open church cause una wan dy hear Daddy GO

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
Your reward is in heaven....and you will still enjoy here on earth.

JESUS IS LORD.

We Rise

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by clockwisereport: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
How will you now answer the call. Abi u don get missed call like this?

Abi your call don enter voicemail

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Moh247: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Can't you run uber and bolt as side hustle
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by temitope27(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Is pastor now a job?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by SleekyP(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Seems you’re caged….explore your world cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by aktolly54(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
Op did you hear from God to start driving sienna?

It's that how other people in ministry raise money? By working with their hand to raise money? You better go pray for people and once their life change then at least one out of tenth people will come without forcing them to come to you. Do NOT let their money been motive for praying for people.

Just keep doing God work with pure heart and one day he will lift you and establish you

By the way, which gift did you have? Gift of healing? Vision? Prophecy? Teaching?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power Screening Requirement For Every Applicant. (picture ) / Unconventional Job Interviews You Have Experienced. / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.