Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " (8270 Views)

Throw Back Pix Of Gej's House, When He Had No Shoes / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / Reuben Abati On Tenure Elongation (before Before) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is to send a Constitution amendment Bill to the National Assembly that will provide a single tenure for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Governors of the 36 states of the Federation. In the envisaged Bill, the tenure of members of the National and State Assemblies will also be a little more than four years, although lawmakers will still be eligible for re-election as their constituencies may determine.

President Jonathan’s commitment to a single term for the President and Governors is borne out of a patriotic zeal, after a painstaking study and belief that the constitutionally guaranteed two terms for Presidents and Governors is not helping the focus of Governance and institutionalization of democracy at this stage of our development. A longer term for lawmakers would also help to stabilize the polity.

President Jonathan is concerned about the acrimony which the issue of re-election, every four years, generates both at the Federal and State levels. The nation is still smarting from the unrest, the desperation for power and the overheating of the polity that has attended each general election, the fall-out of all this is the unending inter and intra-party squabbles which have affected the growth of party democracy in the country, and have further undermined the country’s developmental aspirations.

In addition, the cost of conducting party primaries and the general elections have become too high for the economy to accommodate every four years. The proposed amendment Bill is necessary to consolidate our democracy and allow elected Executives to concentrate on governance and service delivery for their full term, instead of running governments with re-election as their primary focus.

This clarification has become necessary in the light of certain reports in a section of the media that the proposed Bill is meant to elongate President Goodluck Jonathan’s tenure.

Nothing can be more untrue. The energy that has been devoted to speculations on the content of the likely bill is akin to an attempt to force the abortion of a non-existent pregnancy. The details of the Bill will be clear in terms of its provisions when it is forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration. The President makes it clear that his push for a single tenure for the office of the President and that of the Governors is not borne out of any personal interest. The proposed amendment will not have anything to do with him as a person; what he owes Nigerians is good governance, and he is singularly committed to this. Besides, it is trite law that the envisaged amendment cannot have a retroactive effect. This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015.

The President also states that the greater good of Nigeria is greater than the ambition of any one individual. The envisaged Bill is part of the Jonathan administration’s transformation agenda aimed at sanitizing the nation’s politics. The President believes that this single move, when actualized, will change the face of our politics and accelerate the overall development of our nation. If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary.

(Sgd)Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity)
State House,
Abuja

www.facebook.com/notes/goodluck-jonathan/president-jonathan-and-tenure-of-office/253387558022220RT
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by KnowAll(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
I would support this bill under one condition, the Governors & d Presidency would lose their immuned status. We don't want a chief executive abusing power arbitrary without d people able to do anything about it.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
Americans also practice presidential system,conduct election every four years but never think of considering a single tenure of 8 years system. Why are African leaders so greedy ?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by BIGERBOY1: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
seriosly, is it me, or does our president has misplaced priorities?

NLC strike, national insecurity, and all he can think worth his time is tenure elongation. Fresh air indeed.

yet u will see some boot lickers liking this post on FB like 3000 times, some time i feel the fools amongst us are the majority.

'Oh God do not destroy us for what the foolish amongst us do'
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
First bill he will send since getting elected.

Not Petroleum Industry Bill, not bill to aid the economy, not a bill to improve security and check mate Boko Haram etc,

Na wah,

I pray for my country, and our leaders.

May God develop the masses so that they may yet replace the rulers with leaders.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
I will not believe this until I hear it on NTA.

VoodooDoll:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is to send a Constitution amendment Bill to the National Assembly that will provide a single tenure for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Governors of the 36 states of the Federation.

You don't mean it. So Saharareporters was correct  shocked

In the envisaged Bill, the tenure of members of the National and State Assemblies will also be a little more than four years, although lawmakers will still be eligible for re-election as their constituencies may determine.

Abeg, please someone explain this contradiction to me, what is the point of tenure elongation for senators when they have no term limit?

President Jonathan’s commitment to a single term for the President and Governors is borne out of a patriotic zeal,

Kai, patriotism don suffer!

after a painstaking study and belief that the constitutionally guaranteed two terms for Presidents and Governors is not helping the focus of Governance and institutionalization of democracy at this stage of our development. A longer term for lawmakers would also help to stabilize the polity.

Who did the painstaking study?

President Jonathan is concerned about the acrimony which the issue of re-election, every four years, generates both at the Federal and State levels.

The nation is still smarting from the unrest, the desperation for power and the overheating of the polity that has attended each general election, the fall-out of all this is the unending inter and intra-party squabbles which have affected the growth of party democracy in the country, and have further undermined the country’s developmental aspirations.

If you are concerned about "acrimony" (which obviously means corruption and indiscipline) then send a proposal to limit campaign spending, be tough on corruption, make the INEC truly dependent, make the police independent of the executive.

GEJ's hotbloooded advisers will crash this nation on his head! They will.

In addition, the cost of conducting party primaries and the general elections have become too high for the economy to accommodate every four years. The proposed amendment Bill is necessary to consolidate our democracy and allow elected Executives to concentrate on governance and service delivery for their full term, instead of running governments with re-election as their primary focus.

HA! who are they fooling? Nigerians are they fooling you?

Limit or peg campaign spending, vigourously and ruthlessly stamp down on corruption. But they won't.

Allow the police to freely operate independent of the executive, make their funding independent and remove all executive and incumbent immunity, but hey, they won't

This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015.

This also means that Jonathan is set to benefit from it by serving two terms, with the second one (starting in 2015) longer than the first? LOL.

This clarification has become necessary in the light of certain reports in a section of the media that the proposed Bill is meant to elongate President Goodluck Jonathan’s tenure.

Nothing can be more untrue. The energy that has been devoted to speculations on the content of the likely bill is akin to an attempt to force the abortion of a non-existent pregnancy. The details of the Bill will be clear in terms of its provisions when it is forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration. The President makes it clear that his push for a single tenure for the office of the President and that of the Governors is not borne out of any personal interest. The proposed amendment will not have anything to do with him as a person; what he owes Nigerians is good governance, and he is singularly committed to this. Besides, it is trite law that the envisaged amendment cannot have a retroactive effect.
This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015.

The President also states that the greater good of Nigeria is greater than the ambition of any one individual. The envisaged Bill is part of the Jonathan administration’s transformation agenda aimed at sanitizing the nation’s politics. The President believes that this single move, when actualized, will change the face of our politics and accelerate the overall development of our nation. If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary.

(Sgd)Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity)
State House,
Abuja

www.facebook.com/notes/goodluck-jonathan/president-jonathan-and-tenure-of-office/253387558022220RT

Abati don craze!

GEJ, Vare come hia, you dey craze too? shocked

Dem swear for una?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by ndukwejoe(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
Rubbish arrant rubbish the only way to stop heating the polity is to make governance to appealling. I think there is somebody who is trying to make government his personal property. It was baba now goodluck . Let them leave at 4 years per tenure . Nigeria leaders will not copy good thing. Has america not being practicing 4 years per tenure. These executive armed robbers should not start again o
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
Odikwa serious, there is plenty of sense in this bill if done right would really really help this country I think.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Odikwa serious, there is plenty of sense in this bill if done right would really really help this country I think.

It will not be done right because the fundamental issues will be ignored, the bill is also based on flawed and illogical premises.

Stop playing into the hands of these manipulators!!

Ask yourself: why can't they fight corrupt campaign spending today, why can't they make INEC truly independent now?

Stop tolerating liars and fooools, explain the logic of this bill to your grandmother in your local language and listen to her questions. Then post the questions here.

My fellow okada riders, these people are just playing with your mind, read that logic again and tell me how this is the best way to fix the corrupt electoral system today.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by xterra2(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
KnowAll:

I would support this bill under one condition, the Governors & d Presidency would lose their immuned status. We don't want a chief executive abusing power arbitrary without d people able to do anything about it.
Are you a Rep member or a senator ? NO
What would your support do to it, absolutely nothing
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by xterra2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
Wait since he said it would be effective by 2015

[size=14pt]Does that mean after his 2011-2015 4 years he can be eligible to run for 6 years from 2015-2021 [/size]
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
xterra2:

Wait since he said it would be effective by 2015

[size=14pt]Does that mean after his 2011-2015 4 years he can be eligible to run for 6 years from 2015-2021 [/size]

That is exactly what it means.

He may be dumb, but he's still a politician.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
SO, here are GEJ's campaign promises below, I haven't found tenure elongation.  Unless I am blind:

A five-year plan to revolutionize agriculture and establish industries in the country (Oturkpo, Benue State February 17);
• A four-year development plan that would open up the South-South geo-political zone (Calabar, Cross River State, March 7); it includes a blueprint for coastal roads and railways;
• A five-year development plan to accelerate development in the country (Asaba, 25 February);
• Roads and other basic infrastructure to be developed in four years (Akure, March 2).
• Road construction to take new five-year structure, ending yearly budgetary allocations (Ibadan, February 9);
• Five-year strategic plan for road projects (Bida, February 22).
• A holistic review of the nation’s our education policy (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, March 12)
Dispensing the third category of promisory notes, Jonathan seemed determined to give unto each Nigerian in the next four years and sometimes right away, a remarkable slice of fulfillment, with promises that teased and tantalized. Here, in state by state order, are a few:
In Aba on February 12, he promised to stamp out kidnapping; provide facilities that would boost the enterprising spirit of the Igbo; upgrade the Enugu airport to international level; dredge the River Niger; build a dry port in Aba for Igbo businessmen; complete the Second Niger Bridge; rehabilitate all the main roads into Abia; tackle the erosion crisis; and make Aba the Ground Zero of eventual aircraft production in Nigeria.
In Uyo on March 7, he promised to build coastal roads and rail from Lagos to Calabar.
In Awka on Feb 26, he said he would construct all the major roads which link Anambra with its neighbors; complete the ongoing aero-dynamic survey of gas in the Anambra River basin, which [leading to] power supply, then Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry”; complete the second Niger Bridge; and complete the Onitsha Inland Port. Nigerians would not be talking about generators after his four years in office, he vowed.
In Bauchi on February 9, he promised to intensify oil and gas exploration in the North-East Zone; boost agriculture, power and water supply; provide dams and power projects; establish two universities in the region; construct schools with modern facilities for 9.5 million Almajiris; and combat rising terrorism in the area.
In Asaba on February 26, he announced that the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation would create jobs for over 5,000 youths in the region; promised to transform the Nigerian oil and gas industry and make it the destination of choice for investors in Africa; convene a stakeholders meeting across the country where communities will be able to determine their priority programmes.
In Dutse, on March 17: Jonathan promised to establish airports in all the states without airports, with Jigawa as his starting point.
In Abakaliki on Feb 25, he promised the South East geo-political zone priority attention, especially in fixing its dilapidated road network and in healthcare delivery; dualize the Enugu-Abakaliki Express Road within one year; convert the Federal Medical Centre in Abakaliki to a teaching hospital.
In Enugu on February 12, he promised to stamp out kidnapping, ensure facilities that would enhance the enterprising spirit of the Igbo; upgrade the Enugu airport to international level; dredge the River Niger; build a dry port in Aba for easy access to Igbo traders; and complete the Second Niger Bridge.
In Birni Kebbi on March 20, he promised to establish schools for Almajiris, boost agricultural produce, ensure the take-off of the Federal University in Kebbi next year.
In Lokoja on February 21, he promised to revive the Ajaokuta Steel Complex and the Itakpe Iron Ore Company; explore the agricultural potential of the state to boost food security; establish a new federal university; ensure the speedy completion of the Lokoja-Abuja road project, and dredge the lower and upper River Niger.
In Ilorin also on Feb 21, Jonathan promised to end discrimination along ethnic and religious lines; tackle poverty; agricultural transformation of Kwara State; rehabilitation of the nation’s railway system; rehabilitation of the Ilorin-Mokwa road. He would also revitalize ailing industries and grant loans to farmers (objectives for which, he said, funds had already been earmarked).
In Lafia on February 7 at the North Central Zone launching of his campaign, Jonathan promised to end chronic power shortages; improve health and education; ensure food self-sufficiency; manage oil revenues better; create a Sovereign Wealth Fund. He would also clampdown on kidnappers and criminals; pursue law breakers to the ends of the Earth, and ensure there would be no sacred cows. He guaranteed a university in every state; proper care for communities along the water ways; and construction of a refinery.

In Lagos on February 28, Jonathan promised to partner with Lagos State in the interest of its continuous growth and the nation’s economic buoyancy. “We have taken this period to study what we are going to do and by your mandate in May 29, we will hit the ground running,” he said.
In Jos on February 17, he promised “a straight fight” against poverty; to create wealth by improving power and water supply; to build more dams and complete ongoing ones in order to boost irrigation farming in Plateau; to complete the Vom-Manchok-Jos road to boost economic links between Plateau and Kaduna states; to encourage more agricultural research institutes; refocus on solid mineral development.
In Minna on Feb 15, he promised to establish three power projects in the state at a cost of $2.1bn (about N315bn).
In Port Harcourt on February 12, at the launching of his South-South Campaign, he promised to commence “transformational changes” in the South-South; said the NNPC had begun investing in the petrochemical industry in the region; that the people in the region would be given a voice in the oil and gas sector. He promised to make the Niger Delta region the hub of the petrochemical industry in Africa.
In Abeokuta, on March 12, he promised to revive the railway system; revive ailing refineries; build new refineries.
In Akure on March 2, Jonathan promised that the bitumen deposits in the state would be exploited for economic development and employment generation; to provide funds for small and medium scale enterprises, mechanised farming and agro-based industries; and to partner with relevant agencies to harness the agrarian nature of the State “to open up the flank of semi and mechanized farming in the State to engender a paradigm shift from subsistence farming to reliable modern agricultural practices.”
In Osogbo on March 2, he promised to complete the Lagos-Jebba rail project right away; complete the Ife-Ijesa dam; enhance agricultural irrigation; provide farmers with adequate information; invest in petrochemicals, mining, research and development.
In Ibadan on February 9, at the SouthWest launch of the campaign, he promised to: run a transparent government; treat all citizens equally; respect law and order; turn around the nation's bad road network.
In Gusau on March 15, he promised to establish a federal university of technology within one year.
Jonathan’s fourth and final confetti carton of promises seemed designed to overwhelm anyone who had not yet folded under the avalanche:
• N50 billion set aside in 2011 Budget to facilitate employments for the youths (Ondo, March 2);
• build car manufacturing or assembly plants (meeting with leaders of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Abuja, March 21);
• Revive ailing oil refineries and build new ones (Abeokuta, March 12)
• Collaborate with state governments to explore the solid minerals sector (Gusau, March 15);
• Spend N350 billion in building small dams across the North in the next four years to stimulate “massive irrigational farms” (Northern Economic Summit, Kaduna, March 19);
• Expand and develop the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry to provide about one million jobs (one-man presidential “debate,” March 31, Abuja);
• Make Nigeria an exporter of rice (Presidential Summit on Job Creation, Abuja, April 12);
• Crackdown on piracy in the entertainment industry (Presidential Summit on Job Creation, Abuja, April 12)

shocked shocked shocked
http://my.opera.com/dapxin/blog/2011/05/23/nigeria-president-goodluck-jonathans-campaign-promises

1 Like

Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by kulutempa: 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
Shoeless Joe has just turned into Clueless Joe. This guy needs to have his head examined. How else can pressure be put on a president or governor if not by the fear that if he doesn't perform he will be kicked out at the end of his first term. With a single term this fear is removed and the incumbent can do whatever he likes in full knowledge that he does not have to face the electorate again. I think the underlying reason for this move is the fear by PDP governors that more of them may be kicked out by ACN and the other parties candidates in 4 years time and that is just too close for comfort. It is all so simple that only someone like Clueless Joe could have come up with it.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by lukkie(m): 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Giving Boko Haram more reasons to unleash terror.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
I never paid much attention to this news because up to this moment I actually thought this was all manufactured by Nigeria's rumour mill!!!! WOW . .  Fresh air indeed. . .  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

kulutempa:

Shoeless Joe has just turned into Clueless Joe. This guy needs to have his head examined. How else can pressure be put on a president or governor if not by the fear that if he doesn't perform he will be kicked out at the end of his first term. With a single term this fear is removed and the incumbent can do whatever he likes in full knowledge that he does not have to face the electorate again. I think the underlying reason for this move is the fear by PDP governors that more of them may be kicked out by ACN and the other parties candidates in 4 years time and that is just too close for comfort. It is all so simple that only someone like Clueless Joe could have come up with it.

Who the heck told you he is the cluelesss one? Aren't we Nigerians the ones who voted him back in after a 12 year record of doing absolutely nothing, even after 1 year as president?? Who the heck told you he is the clueless one when we are the ones who manufactured excuses upon excuses for why such a man should be rewarded with our votes and the presidency?

Dem say "once bitten, twice shy!". Nigerians are the clueless ones here! Obasanjo tried this, we refused. Wait till the next president gives himself 20 years, and then try to deny him then. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by DisGuy: 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
Dead on Arrival!!!

I see the senate and Rep saving this in their dustbins!!!

I See mallams using this to sell suya

Akara woman go take am fry kpuff kpuff

You'd think this is coming from a NL'er!!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Breeze5000: 1:29am On Jul 27, 2011
Why on earth Nigeria's leaders always dey look for ways of making fool of themselves? You can make meaningful impact in 2-3yrs of you are serious! Given a single term, why on earth would you govern well when you have nothing to loose? Party, embezzle, sleep with lil girls and when your tenure is over you retire and start enjoying your stolen loot with no question asked. At least with these two terms, there is always a chance of nothing returning back via voters, but one term? This is pure suicide for Nigeria. I am just tired of this Jonathan, he just doesn't know when to stop! They keep changing everything as if that's where the problem lies, Fight Corruption and you have a solution to the Nigeria problem and not how long they stay in government.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Becomrich11: 1:42am On Jul 27, 2011
is this for real or fake story.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mekaboy(m): 2:22am On Jul 27, 2011

HABA MR. PRESIDENT, IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT NOW? WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS TO BE SOLVED YOUR MAJOR CONCERN IS HOW LONG YOU WILL STAY IN POWER? DOES IT MATTER WHETHER YOU STAY 2DAYS OR 20YEARS, ALL WE NEED IS FOR YOU TO DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED.

IF YOU DO WELL IN FOUR YEARS, DONT WORRY WE WILL RE-ELECT YOU, WHY WASTE THE TIME YOU SHOULD USE TO WORK TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATION ON AMENDMENT BILL ?

PROCRASTINATION IS THE BROTHER OF FAILURE, AT FIRST YOU SAID YOU WERE NOT ELECTED, LETS RE-ELECT YOU AND GIVE YOU MORE 4YEARS. NOW YOU ARE RE-ELECTED, YOU HAVE NOT EVEN FINISHED ONE YEAR YOUR ASKING FOR MORE YEARS.

IS THIS " OLIVER TWIST " DEMOCRAZY ? ITS JUST LIKE A STUDENT IN AN EXAMINATION HALL, IMMEDIATELY HE GETS HIS QUESTION PAPER HE ASKS THE INVIGILATOR TO GIVE HIM MORE TIME grin grin grin grin grin

GEJ START WORK FIRST, WHEN YOUR TENURE IS ABOUT TO FINISH AND WE FEEL YOU NEED MORE TIME, THEN PASS THE BILL WE WILL APPROVE.

Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mobiss(m): 2:32am On Jul 27, 2011
I'm not surprised by his un-serious style of governance,he surely knows he has failed his loyal electorates and probably not sure of second term. lol
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by dayokanu(m): 2:40am On Jul 27, 2011
Since NEPA don carry dem light,

Abeg bring bench come outside and lets enjoy our

[size=28pt]FRESH AIR[/size]
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by whobemumu(m): 2:49am On Jul 27, 2011
jonah jonah

clueless jona ( singing )

this is what you voted , nigeria go hear am
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by OAM4J: 3:10am On Jul 27, 2011
kulutempa:

Shoeless Joe has just turned into Clueless Joe.  This guy needs to have his head examined.   How else can pressure be put on a president or governor if not by the fear that if he doesn't perform he will be kicked out at the end of his first term.  With a single term this fear is removed and the incumbent can do whatever he likes in full knowledge that he does not have to face the electorate again.   I think the underlying reason for this move is the fear by PDP governors that more of them may be kicked out by ACN and the other parties candidates in 4 years time and that is just too close for comfort.   It is all so simple that only someone like Clueless Joe could have come up with it.

Exactly! @ the bold.

So if per chance we have a clueless, non performing Governor/President, we will be stuck with him/her for 6years.  undecided

Dis Guy:

Dead on Arrival!!!

I see the senate and Rep saving this in their dustbins!!!

I See mallams using this to sell suya

Akara woman go take am fry kpuff kpuff

You'd think this is coming from a NL'er!!

Dont be too sure, miracles still happen in national Assembly by the power of mammon.  cheesy
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by koruji(m): 3:42am On Jul 27, 2011
Exactly, you would think the most pressing problem Nigeria has at this time is politician's tenure.

Alai ni'kan se ni GEJ. He has being mouthing that 4 years is not enough thing even b/4 he was sworn in. Who is fooling who, his co-planners in the NA will extend it to him & to themselves, then our clever president can point us in their direction. Since they don't care it won't matter.

I say two terms of 2 & 4 years, so we can get a good idea of what someone would do, and be able to kick them out in good time if they are time-wasters like GEJ looks like he is going to be cool cool cool

mekaboy:

HABA MR. PRESIDENT, IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT NOW? WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS TO BE SOLVED YOUR MAJOR CONCERN IS HOW LONG YOU WILL STAY IN POWER? DOES IT MATTER WHETHER YOU STAY 2DAYS OR 20YEARS, ALL WE NEED IS FOR YOU TO DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED.

IF YOU DO WELL IN FOUR YEARS, DONT WORRY WE WILL RE-ELECT YOU, WHY WASTE THE TIME YOU SHOULD USE TO WORK TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATION ON AMENDMENT BILL ?

PROCRASTINATION IS THE BROTHER OF FAILURE, AT FIRST YOU SAID YOU WERE NOT ELECTED, LETS RE-ELECT YOU AND GIVE YOU MORE 4YEARS. NOW YOU ARE RE-ELECTED, YOU HAVE NOT EVEN FINISHED ONE YEAR YOUR ASKING FOR MORE YEARS.

IS THIS " OLIVER TWIST " DEMOCRAZY ? ITS JUST LIKE A STUDENT IN AN EXAMINATION HALL, IMMEDIATELY HE GETS HIS QUESTION PAPER HE ASKS THE INVIGILATOR TO GIVE HIM MORE TIME grin grin grin grin grin

GEJ START WORK FIRST, WHEN YOUR TENURE IS ABOUT TO FINISH AND WE FEEL YOU NEED MORE TIME, THEN PASS THE BILL WE WILL APPROVE.

Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by MShittu: 3:47am On Jul 27, 2011
Nigerians voted for this man in what was the 'freest and fairest' election in Nigeria since its return to democratic rule. Isn't this what we wanted?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Yinkay: 4:37am On Jul 27, 2011
Beginning of chop by turn,wait for your time democracy,GEJ should extend the bill to cover education sector, with the falling standard in education generally, undergraduate programmes should be extended to 8years, secondary school 10 years,nursery/primary school 12years,without option of repeating or reseating the class or programme.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nymphnode(m): 5:08am On Jul 27, 2011
Becomrich}:

is this for real or fake story.
A bloke from Computer Village hacked into his facebook account and changed his password.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 27, 2011
i support if we introduce 2 year vote of no confidence referendum
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by jason123: 5:56am On Jul 27, 2011
Welldone GEJ!!! We ALL love your fresh air!!!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by JaaizTech: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2011
After reading through all the comments, I just dey Laugh. I have to say "No comment at this stage"; because you guys have said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations / Breaking: Nationwide Protest 20/03/2023 / Most Charismatic African Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.