Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC (10805 Views)

No Corps Member Is Mobilized For War -DG NYSC / Corps Members To Receive Their Allowance In A Couple Of Days – NYSC / Female Corper Almost Raped By An Okada Man In Ibadan Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by FullBlastLight: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC

The National Youth Service Corps has described as untrue reports that some 21 female corps members had been raped during an attack carried out on Wednesday “by thieves”.

The scheme confirmed that contrary to reports, “no bodily harm was meted on them, and no corps member was raped.”

The Akwa Ibom State Coordinator of NYSC, Chinyere Ekwe, made the clarification in a statement obtained by journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

She said, “In the said story making the rounds, it was alleged that Gunmen attacked, raped, robbed and dispossessed Corps Members of their valuables at Udo Ekong Ekwere Street, off Information Drive, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State where they reside.

“To put the unfortunate incident in proper perspective, the State Coordinator, NYSC Akwa Ibom State, Chinyere Ekwe in the company of the State Police Commissioner, Olatoye Durosinmi, visited the Corps Members for an on-the-spot assessment.

“While there, it was confirmed that 21 corps members occupy the said property. The interaction with the corps members further revealed that an attack on them was actually carried out by thieves at about 1 am this morning.

“In the process, the invaders took their valuables including phones, laptops and some cash. They confirmed that no bodily harm was meted on them, and no corps member was raped.

“While the actions and intentions of those criminal elements remained condemnable, we passionately appeal to the social media operators to exercise restraint and not trivialize such unfortunate incidents as the consequences on the psychology of parents and guardians of corps members in the state would be dangerously affected.

“However, it is worthy of note that the State Commissioner of Police has assured the Corps Members and members of the public that an investigation on the matter has been launched and that the culprits will soon be apprehended.

“Meanwhile, the Commissioner has equally detailed surveillance around the area with a promise to extend the same to other Corps lodges.

“Accordingly, the State Coordinator has reaffirmed that there was no incident of rape. She, therefore, urges the corps members in the State to go about their lawful duties and make use of the security phone lines already provided, while in distressed situations.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/no-corps-members-raped-in-akwa-ibom-attack-nysc/%3famp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by Nyascobar1414: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Not surprised... Daughters of Eve can lie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by habbyy03: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by Amuluonyenaego: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Those gender want to dey cash out from us in naija.... I blame R Kelly.

6 Likes

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
I don't believe this shit...
Y'all want to cover up

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wow!!! Even for akwaibom.?

Damn! The guy above me is fast on 10G...
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by ImoleNaija: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Thank God.

Scrap-NYSC-Crew won't be happy with this clarification.

1 Like

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by GboyegaD(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Glad none of them were raped and no life was lost. May all that was stolen from them be restored in double folds.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by ichommy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hope It's true.

1 Like

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Again,
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

jkpbestseries:
people wey dem raped said d were raped... Now una d talk say na lie
Na u rape dem abi?
Una go just come here dey type lies , rubbish and nonsense.
We pray your prayers and wishes for other girls will NEVER be meted on your female family members at home.
We solemnly pray for you.
Btw, All liars will go to hell fire, so says the Holy Book.

While there, it was confirmed that 21 corps members occupy the said property.
The interaction with the corps members further revealed that an attack on them was actually carried out by thieves at about 1 am this morning.

“In the process, the invaders took their valuables including phones, laptops and some cash.
They confirmed that no bodily harm was meted on them, and no corps member was raped.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by tiswell(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Akwa Ibom ado ok!
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by huptin(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
With the trauma attached to rape, it is very difficult to see a lady that will admit to it.

The state co-ordinator and commissioner of police should count their teeth with their tongue and ensure that the perpetrators are brought to book immediately. If not then the federal government have lost the right to deploy any corp member anywhere. If you can't guarantee their safety, stop deploying them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by 2Ways(m): 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
There should be a thorough investigation, and if they said corp member is found guilty of raising false alarm! She should face the penalty.

By the way NYSC how did you people come into this conclusion so fast?
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by SoftP(m): 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
No healthy news ever comes out of this country’
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by Samuelnze(m): 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
Another wonder of this modern world..
male robbers robbed females(not 1,not 2,not 3 but many) and didn't have a taste of bodily gifts. It must be a miracle,

1 Like

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by temitope27(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
Who come dey lie now?
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by jkpbestseries: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
h
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by YorubaSlur: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
The small minded mod that banned me should zuzuru come and do it again, ndiara

CC: Leodeking
Mannabbgqrills

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
And if they were raped dem go admit it in public and face enduring shame and ridicule, plus probably be seen as spoiled goods and never marry? undecided undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by jkpbestseries: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
people wey dem raped said d were raped... Now una d talk say na lie

3 Likes

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by heytgad: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Failed country
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by IbileIfe: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
Living in denial of the truth is an epidemic in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by Seniorwriter(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
Great relief!

@Seniorwriter
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hehn. Like they will tell you that an idiot raped them. Alakoba
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by Futuristics(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
me I no kukuma dey allow girls dey sleep overnight for my side again.. I no want trouble
meanwhile at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by havenz(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Our Nigerian girls and rape be like Ghana and dirty.
Re: No Corps Members Raped In Akwa Ibom Attack – NYSC by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
Wow!!! Even for akwaibom.?

Damn! The guy above me is fast on 10Gl...

MY broda... Why do they block someone that way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State B'15 Let Meet Here / How Do I Respond To A Query By My Principal To Nysc? / Ebonyi State Batch B'14 Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.