Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities (57952 Views)

Korogocho: Kenyan Slum Where Women Practice Taekwondo For Self Defense / South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) / Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Totilopussylick:

If your yet to bellefull from eating of casava and agbado.

Send me your account number let me top up for you tongue.

UBA
Ikechukwu IKenna.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by whytediamond(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Naija comes to mind.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Eriokanmi: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
I don't know why I always have a different feeling and opinion each time they say to me that all the northern African countries are part of Africa. They don't behave like Africans shaa, I may be wrong.

Go to Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia...you'd think you're in Europe. Libya isn't left out.

Sadly, Nigeria ought to be raising shoulders with the likes of BRICs today but leadership issues don spoil naija finish. Someone painted buhari and called him a reformed Democrat, not knowing he was nurturing his failed ambition. I wonder why he's yet to speak on the kuje attack despite being the party's flagbearer. They've all left the masses to their fate. Shey na like dis we go dey dey?

My uncle and former governor of Lagos had a vision much better than what this newspiece is saying of Egypt. He built the largest housing estate in Africa in his time and in less than 4 years. He gave those houses to poor lagosians at ridiculously low costs. Yoruba, Hausa , igbo, and other tribes bought Jakande Estates' flats without knowing anybody in govt. They didn't pay more than the cost published. Today, before a block is completed, Tinubu's cronies would take everything. It won't get to the masses. They'd now resell and make 2 tomes the cost as profit. All these nonsense will stop next year. Ėyin omo Eko, ęku iroju. Dię lo ku.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by NewNg1: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Denkpology:
This is what Igbo men are doing in the South West

How does this post concerns Igbos?
Why can't you guys leaves igbos out of unrelated discussions?

Or you are one of those who are paid to fuel fake hatred against igbos?
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by crazygod(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Abeg I wan ask something. Shey Egypt get crude oil ni? I saw a picture of Dubai in 1990 and now and I was extremely depressed. We have every thing in this country. Cash crops, Food crops, Mineral, Crude oil and we even have the best climate compared to some other countries. Abeg which ancestor did we offend that placed a curse on this country to still have some backward thinking human being that still want to unleash another plague called Tinubu/Atiku on innocent Nigerians? Abeg this suffering is too much. Even the Isrealites no suffer reach like this for Egypt. cry

9 Likes

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by almelo3: 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Egypt has been in existence since the bible times and yet in 2022, they still have slums. Nigeria started in 1960 (if you like, 1914) and we are progressing little by little.

Cut us some slack joor. We will surely get there
Malaysia Singapore etc has also been in existence since Bible days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Originalsly: 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hmmm.... such housing require a/c. We should build housing to suit our climate.... same as Europe build houses to trap heat due to the cold climate.... we should build houses to allow heat to escape.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by gomeks(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Binancian:

Source: Africa facts this is what we want in Nigeria one (twitter)
https://mobile.twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1544369168362967041

Egypt is speeding up development, can Nigeria learn something from them?
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by harmony75: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wow their government value their people no wonder Nigeria next president was in Egypt!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by jclassiq(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
I guess they will also give them jobs to maintain the new lifestyle.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by shortIGBOman: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Let's do same to Onitsha and Aba People. grin

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Morphinne: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Smithkafors:
Nice one..... Look at the structure put in place and compare that with what Lagos State has been has been commissioning up and down including other Nigerian governor's. They will destroy slums, markets and church without providing alternatives.

Also, regarding the recent demolition of the church owned by Odumeje, anambra state government should have provided alternative for him and his worshippers. Hopefully, he took out his property before that.
If you are here and still supporting our wicked politicians, u really need to check ur self seriously.

We celebrate wickedness, backwardness and ethnic superiority instead of quality. If the government manages to build this house, it will only be for political office holders. Make una try get sense small.
Bless you bros, you are a freethinker. These are the kinds of unbiased judgement and analysis I like. I like it when ppl judge and dish out blames uniformly and accordingly. I like the way you generalized the Nigerian politicians as one caucus of thieves and murderers and not blaming one and protecting the others. There’s no such thing as a good Nigerian politician in my own book. You don’t talk bad about the thieves in Lagos while protecting the ones in Anambra, Katsina or in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Johel(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Binancian:

Source: Africa facts zone (twitter)
https://mobile.twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1544369168362967041

Egypt is speeding up development, can Nigeria learn something from them?

Sane country...onlike a shithole.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Mycometp3(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wetin we do our leaders ..why can't we just love each other...why are they suffering us ..what is our offense... because you ask God for forgiveness dosen't mean you're forgiven..do the needful and love the leat privilege...let me tell you this ..non of our leaders will see heaven even if your last words is Forgive me oh Lord ...innocent soul are saying of starvation, lack of good health care..and you keep praying to God everyday ...God will judge everyone accordingly.....
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by LMS1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
pls I urgently need a verified btc wallet that can receive at least 1 bitcoin in a day.
I lost my investment wallet details and can't withdraw from the platform I invested, I can only send to others.
DM let's do business,
Note: you will register in the same platform and invest to get verified, then u send only your username to me which I'll use to transfer the coin in my wallet to your user account, no scamming..
but you'll need to send me cash to my bank account either by selling the coin or whatever..
If trust you, I send more coin @ 40/50% share..
DM
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Jack500: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
Smithkafors:
Illiterate

You claim to develop another person land but your own home is in ruin. Do you people have brain at all?

Don't worry, Nigerians will eventually divide and all destitute and fugitives will be flogged back to their landlocked region.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Smithkafors:
Nice one..... Look at the structure put in place and compare that with what Lagos State has been has been commissioning up and down including other Nigerian governor's. They will destroy slums, markets and church without providing alternatives.

Also, regarding the recent demolition of the church owned by Odumeje, anambra state government should have provided alternative for him and his worshippers. Hopefully, he took out his property before that.
If you are here and still supporting our wicked politicians, u really need to check ur self seriously.

We celebrate wickedness, backwardness and ethnic superiority instead of quality. If the government manages to build this house, it will only be for political office holders. Make una try get sense small.
The population in lagos is just too much and overwhelming abeg.... lagos should first ban all the foreigners migrating there for no good reason.... infact sanwo olu should just send all the non residents back to their former abode....I just dey feel for the guy abeg whenever he commissions a project it won't take long before the population and their lackadaisical attitude to maintenance culture completely erode the project, by the time he comes back to check on it people don already destroy am... market women, school children,agbero boys etc so he'll just keep going around in circles unless he implements a law that'll send non residents out of that state....if I were to be a governor that's the first thing I'll do... foreigners can't just overwhelm and make ruling so difficult for me.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Mycometp3(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Wetin we do our leaders ..why can't we just love each other...why are they suffering us ..what is our offense... because you ask God for forgiveness dosen't mean you're forgiven..do the needful and love the leat privilege...let me tell you this ..non of our leaders will see heaven even if your last words is Forgive me oh Lord ...innocent soul are dying of starvation, lack of good health care..and you keep praying to God everyday ...God will judge everyone accordingly.....
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by nedekid: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
I don't get it,ain't we in the same continent with this same set of brains.The only our naija politicians know best is how to milk dry our country perfectly.I swear we're far behind in this country.This administration really draw us back by 50years.We need to liberaliberate ourselves from this backwardness

Egypt raised electricity production to ove 20,000 in few years. We are still at less than 3000, despite billions and many years.
"Are we cursed or are we the cause"
That is what this aspirant I watched asked that got me thinking.
If you are chanced kindly watch this interview with an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1MBePKIfI0

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Obi visit to Egypt wasn't in vain afterall shocked

Let be wise

Do what is right

Vote for labour party

Vote peter obi.

France is developed for short rest for people living with disability tongue.

Nice one

Contact us for your Visa package,Canada,Ukand USA is available
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by blowjohn(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PgumHXWVo

Egypt is a corrupt country too
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by bolademi(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Smithkafors:

What has ur own governor commission?
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by kingyakos: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Egypt has been in existence since the bible times and yet in 2022, they still have slums. Nigeria started in 1960 (if you like, 1914) and we are progressing little by little.

Cut us some slack joor. We will surely get there

Will surely get there with APC government right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Crvrider: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Infrastructures doesn't drive an economy so he said.

Institutions do.
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Mycometp3(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Carry your scam comot for here ode
LMS1:
pls I urgently need a verified btc wallet that can receive at least 1 bitcoin in a day.
I lost my investment wallet details and can't withdraw from the platform I invested, I can only send to others.
DM let's do business,
Note: you will register in the same platform and invest to get verified, then u send only your username to me which I'll use to transfer the coin in my wallet to your user account, no scamming..
but you'll need to send me cash to my bank account either by selling the coin or whatever..
If trust you, I send more coin @ 40/50% share..
DM

1 Like

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Crvrider: 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Infrastructures doesn't drive an economy so he said.

Institutions do. Infrastructure rides on the back of good institutions. What is the point of building everywhere without good institutions to monitor and manage them.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Allisgud: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
See country dat works,they create alternative before removing them from their abode
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by Lite2018: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
L
Re: Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities by newoffer: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
This is what u call housing. Not flamboyant housing that only the rich can afford. Pls. Lagos state Govt the amount of uniform men riding Okada is alarming...
slimfit1:
Sanwo you see the quality and standards of the building. This is social housing not big people housing that you won't let the state rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton May Have Been Poisoned By Donald Trump & Putin – Doctor Warns / Netanyahu Warns Of ‘resounding Blow’ If Iran Attacks Israel / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.