Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Catfish Feed Formulation. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Feed Formulation. (36329 Views)

Poultry Feed Formulation Techniques. 2 / Feed Formulation Formulas And Techniques In Poultry / Please Help Me On Broilers Feed Formulation Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Feed Formulation. by owumatosa(m): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2011
Does anyone have an idea on how I can production local feed for catfish?
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by miqos02(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
go to the lagos abatior.i bought some local feeds there last week
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by garbigarba: 3:04am On Oct 11, 2011
we are a company that deals in agro allied equipments and processors,
we presently have floating fish feed extruders of various capacities, we also have
hammer mills for crushing,
wet mixer for mixing feed ingredients either wet or dry,
pelletizer for making non-floating fish feed,
dryers both local and foriegn,
digital scales for measurement,
and finally fish feed extruders for making floating fish feed that doesn't sink.

feel free to call, email, or visit our demonstration center @ no 6 enilolobo street,arida b/stp, ikotun lagos.
07033318843, 01-8196630, garbigarba@yahoo.com.
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by zogo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2011
you can also give Heliculture (Snail Farming) a try this rainy season. You'll be amazed at what you will profit from it on part time bases. Go here: www.snailfarmingng..com
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by ayosat(m): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
For the best fingerlings / juveniles please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu@yahoo.com . The farm is located at abule egba, lagos abeokuta expressway

1 Like

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by fm7070: 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2012
miqos02:

go to the lagos abatior.i bought some local feeds there last week

@miqos02
Did you give them your own formular or you just bought the 'ready-made' local fish feed.

I need reliable local fish feed formular for my 2month old fish.
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by ps5(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2012
i can help you with the formula. just call me on 07062208254 or inbox me @ incorporatedap24@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by TOKUGAWA(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
For just N2,000 (two thousand naira ) you can get a complete manual on Catfish Feed formulation at your backyard and save up to 45% on running cost of your farm on payment for the manual.Bonus Topics covered include:
Fish culture system design construction and management,
Fish feed production
Fish fingerling production
Fish disease control/prevention
Use of Groundnut cake as an alternative protein source in Fish diet
Poor fish management
Catfish nutritional fact to the human body
How to make money from backyard Fish smoking
Introduction to Sribs(India) innovative aquaculture health products like grofastmhibindz,viamina and topro.
Pay to OSIN-ADEBISI SEUN in any of the following banks:
GTB - 0112484197
ZENITH BANK - 4113121197
Send payment details and e-mail address to 08035326378 0r 08181290616. you will receive the manual by e-mail and then arrange physically for those of you that doesnt have an e-mail.
For other delivery options please call me on 08035326378 0r 08181290616

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by jadoo2003: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2012
I don't know why some people find it difficult to help their fellow human being. This fellow just ask for a common feed formular you are telling him to pay into your account too bad.
Here is a local feed formilar

Fish meal 72% 25kg
Soya meal. 25kg
GNC. 25kg
Maize. 15kg
Indomie. 10kg
Fish premix. 500grams
Lysine. 200grams
Metholyne. 200grams
Vitamin c. 200grams
Salt. 3kg
Bone meal. 4kg

That is the formular am using and its working perfectly for me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by digi101(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin
jadoo2003: I don't know why some people find it difficult to help their fellow human being. This fellow just ask for a common feed formular you are telling him to pay into your account too bad.

Fish meal 72% 25kg
Soya meal. 25kg
GNC. 25kg
Maize. 15kg
Indomie. 10kg
Fish premix. 500grams
Lysine. 200grams
Metholyne. 200grams
Vitamin c. 200grams
Salt. 3kg
Bone meal. 4kg

Thanks for the sharing.

But indomie? am sure you dont mean the ones in cartons (my toddler go vex if he sees me handing out his meal to fish o !)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by jadoo2003: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2012
Not the one in packet is the waste indomine the crumpy ones
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by xanadu333: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
PLZ IS FISH FARM BIZ LUCRATIVE? I NEED TO VENTURE INTO A BIZ IN MY RETIRE AGE. I'M COMSIDERING FISH FARMING
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by coolbreeze09: 6:28am On Dec 12, 2012
jadoo2003: Not the one in packet is the waste indomine the crumpy ones
jadoo2003: I don't know why some people find it difficult to help their fellow human being. This fellow just ask for a common feed formular you are telling him to pay into your account too bad.

Fish meal 72% 25kg
Soya meal. 25kg
GNC. 25kg
Maize. 15kg
Indomie. 10kg
Fish premix. 500grams
Lysine. 200grams
Metholyne. 200grams
Vitamin c. 200grams
Salt. 3kg
Bone meal. 4kg

jadoo2003: Not the one in packet is the waste indomine the crumpy ones
Thanks for the tip, i appreciate people like you. I'd just like 2 ask, at what month and what lenght (talking abt fish's lenght in inches) do u use dis formular.

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by Rexyl(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
Applying this feeding regime, how long does it take 'in months, for the fish to reach a very good market price? and the average weight 'kg' of those ready for the market?
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by fm7070: 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2012

Fish meal 72% 25kg
Soya meal. 25kg
GNC. 25kg
Maize. 15kg
Indomie. 10kg
Fish premix. 500grams
Lysine. 200grams
Metholyne. 200grams
Vitamin c. 200grams
Salt. 3kg
Bone meal. 4kg

Are you sure you're using 3KG Salt or 0.3KG?
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by innocentchuks(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2012
Good news for fish farmers,
get your fingerlings, post-fingerlings, juvenile, table fish and broodstock @ divine concept farm.
fixtures: low mortality rate, good growth rate, good food conversion ratio, high resistance to diseases.

your benefits include:
1.Daily guide and assistance on the pros and cons in fish farming.
2.Supply of only improved and good seeds.
3.Delivery at a subsidized price.
4.An opportunity to be a Hatcher.
rush now will the offer last for more detail call 08038651783 or 08184959320
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by omowumex: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2012
pls house what is d size of local feed to b given to dis catfishes @ 1st time and do dey respond well in d 1st week and i noticed somtin d local feed change d colour of my wwater from green to slightly dark like smoke colour and d oda pond to brown and also 1 or 2 of my fish is having swollen belly which is makin 1 of d fish swin side ways. Pls i need a urgent reply.thanks and my number is 08023164729 in case u wwish to call 4 advice thanks.omowunmi
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by Abbilink(f): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2012

Fish meal 72% 25kg
Soya meal. 25kg
GNC. 25kg
Maize. 15kg
Indomie. 10kg
Fish premix. 500grams
Lysine. 200grams
Metholyne. 200grams
Vitamin c. 200grams
Salt. 3kg
Bone meal. 4kg

i really appreciate ur formular, but pls what is the difference btw fish meal and fish premix, 2.the soya meal,is it d same with soya bean,3. Can i easily get the lysine and metholyne at a phamarcitical shop?, then lastly what is fish bone?, i really need dis plz,
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by sp2002(m): 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
[quote author=Abbilink]
i really appreciate ur formular, but pls what is the difference btw fish meal and fish premix, 2.the soya meal,is it d same with soya bean,3. Can i easily get the lysine and metholyne at a phamarcitical shop?, then lastly what is fish bone?, i really need dis plz,[/qu
fishmeal 72% is a source of protein and it contains 72% protein. it is made up of fish and some additives while fish premix is a combination of micro-nutrients essentially needed by the fish. soya meal is made from soya beans. d soya beans is toasted b4 it becomes soya bean meal. for more info contact
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY

1 Like

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by miqos02(m): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
are you getting the desired results with yoyr local feeds?, how do you prevent feed wastage
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by Rexyl(m): 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by bishopkay: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
miqos02: are you getting the desired results with yoyr local feeds?, how do you prevent feed wastage

To minimize waste of feed,simply make it float. That is use floating feed. Its the best way.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by miqos02(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
Rexyl: .
whats this
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by ufumes(m): 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pls how much is 25kg of fish meal and soy meal sold. Thank you
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by miqos02(m): 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
TOKUGAWA:
For just N2,000 (two thousand naira ) you can get a complete manual on Catfish Feed formulation at your backyard and save up to 45% on running cost of your farm on payment for the manual.Bonus Topics covered include:
Fish feed production
Poor fish management
Introduction to Sribs(India) innovative aquaculture health products like grofastmhibindz,viamina and topro.
GTB - 0112484197
ZENITH BANK - 4113121197
Send payment details and e-mail address to 08035326378 0r 08181290616. you will receive the manual by e-mail and then arrange physically for those of you that doesnt have an e-mail.

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by folaski: 10:30pm On May 01, 2016
TOKUGAWA:
Fish feed production
Poor fish management
GTB - 0112484197
ZENITH BANK - 4113121197

where are you based?
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by folaski: 10:33pm On May 01, 2016
digi101:
grin grin

Thanks for the sharing.

But indomie? am sure you dont mean the ones in cartons (my toddler go vex if he sees me handing out his meal to fish o !)
indomie or biscuit waste or left overs from factories are used for fish feed
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by vickifeanyi47(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2016
folaski:

indomie or biscuit waste or left overs from factories are used for fish feed
Thanks do I need to have a pellitizer machine for mixing feed or is it given to them in powdered form

1 Like

Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by projectandpages: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2016
GET THE BOOK AT PROJECTANDPAGES.COM FOR FREE

HERE IS THE LINK: http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48 http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48

PAGES: 125

Introduction
Fish food consists of natural food and artificial (supplementary) feeds. When fish have balanced
diet to eat, they grow fast and stay healthy. In natural waters and well-fertilized ponds,
microscopic plants (phytoplankton), microscopic animals (zooplankton), insects,
crustaceans, copepods and molluscs are examples of natural foods. When natural foods are not
available in sufficient quantities to provide adequate nutrition for fish growth, feeds that are
manufactured or grown outside of the fishpond may be fed at regular intervals (daily, weekly,
etc.). These feeds supplement natural foods. They are not nutritionally complete, and will not
adequately support fish growth in the absence of natural foods. Natural food organisms in the water
will provide essential nutrients. In the absence of natural foods, nutritionally
complete manufactured feeds that contain all essential nutrients must be fed to fish.....

(CONTINUED)

http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48
Re: Catfish Feed Formulation. by projectandpages: 9:17am On Jun 19, 2016
GET THE BOOK AT PROJECTANDPAGES.COM FOR FREE HERE

HERE IS THE LINK: http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48 http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48

PAGES: 125

Introduction
Fish food consists of natural food and artificial (supplementary) feeds. When fish have balanced
diet to eat, they grow fast and stay healthy. In natural waters and well-fertilized ponds,
microscopic plants (phytoplankton), microscopic animals (zooplankton), insects,
crustaceans, copepods and molluscs are examples of natural foods. When natural foods are not
available in sufficient quantities to provide adequate nutrition for fish growth, feeds that are
manufactured or grown outside of the fishpond may be fed at regular intervals (daily, weekly,
etc.). These feeds supplement natural foods. They are not nutritionally complete, and will not
adequately support fish growth in the absence of natural foods. Natural food organisms in the water
will provide essential nutrients. In the absence of natural foods, nutritionally
complete manufactured feeds that contain all essential nutrients must be fed to fish.....

(CONTINUED)

http://projectandpages.com/book_detail.php?b=48

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How To Put Goat To Sleep - Unbelievable Nigerian Science! / We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / See How Palm Oil Is Produced Locally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.