Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. (22918 Views)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Federal Poly Nekede, Owerri, Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by xynerise: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2011
My cousin just told me that serious rioting is happening in the school as property worth millions of Naira has be destroyed by student. Their reason is the increase of their school fees by 50%. Update will be given soon.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by iyatrustee(f): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2011
thank you amebo cheesy cheesy
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Kisame: 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
What kind of students are they training there these days,  In a modern society of today, they should have known by now that Trying to get a point out by way of violence is a cowards way of doing things as Dialogue has always Been the best approach and expensive too for the cowards to go by, Imagine the kind of damage that they have done to their institution Physically, Heard they burnt down their SUG office and destroyed lots of official cars, IT IS THEIRS AND THEY SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED IT NOT DAMAGE IT TO BE HEARD. sad
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by xynerise: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
I heard one person has been killed angry
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by arsenal1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
pics from d school

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by arsenal1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2011
more pics

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by otokx(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
Violence is never the answer; somebody is going to have to pay for the repair/replacement of these items.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DBestDoc(f): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
iyatrustee:

thank you amebo cheesy cheesy
lol grin grin
FOOLISHNESS in the highest order.Burning school buses and SUG offices is real stupidity shocked :onfact the school authority should make them pay for the damages.
U can prtest peaccefully or even decide to go on strike rather than massive destruction
mchewwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by sylvagiva(m): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2011
Please let me advice, b4 u respond to any post make sure you know what lead to whatsoever b4 you start opening writing things that are not called for. The students were gathering in front of the school gate not inside oh, for a peaceful protest to the govt house owerri, what the school man O'WAR did was to start shooting into the air beating the students up. The students that couldn't run fell into the gutter, so in retaliation this is what the school is getting. What is the shooting for when the students weren't destroying anything or even stopping people from entering the school. Now every body is blaming the students, the SUG office was burnt because the NEW RECTOR is using him as a tool so the students are saying that they don't want any SUG AGAIN IN THE SCHOOL IF THEY CANNOT PROTECT THE INTEREST THE STUDENTS, NO MORE MAN O'WAR IF THEY HAVE FORGOTTING THAT SCHOOL SECURITY IS MAIN TO PREVENT CULTS IN SCHOOL BUT IF YOU SEE THE WAY THIS BOYS HAND THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS YOU WILL GET ANNOYED AND FINALLY THE FEDERAL GOVT SHOULD SEND A NEW RECTOR FOR THE STUDENTS. WHEN SHE WAS APPOINT THE STUDENTS ACCEPTED HER AS A LADY BCUZ IT HAS NEVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL THAT A LADY WAS APPOINTED A RECTOR, SO AS A MOTHER SHE WAS WELCOMED. NOT KNOWING THE MEN WERE MORE MOTHERLY AND THINKS OF THE WELFARE OF THE STUDENTS THAN THIS LADY. SHE WANTS TO STOP ALL CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES IN THE CAMPUS, JUST IMAGIN. SO THE STUDENTS ARE NOT JUST SHOUTING OR DESTROYING THINGS FOR DESTROYING SAKE, THOUGH I CONDEMN THE ACT, BUT ALSO KNOW THAT THIS INFO OF INCREMENT HAS BEEN SINCE FEBRUARY THIS, THE STUDENTS HAS BEING DIALOGUING WITH HER UPTIL THIS DAY. IT GOT WOST WHEN THE STUDENTS PERCEIVE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT OR YOU LOSS YOUR ADMISSION WAS THIS FRIDAY.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Kisame: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2011
sylvagiva:

Please let me advice, b4 u respond to any post make sure you know what lead to whatsoever b4 you start opening writing things that are not called for. The students were gathering in front of the school gate not inside oh, for a peaceful protest to the govt house owerri, what the school man O'WAR did was to start shooting into the air beating the students up. The students that couldn't run fell into the gutter, so in retaliation this is what the school is getting. What is the shooting for when the students weren't destroying anything or even stopping people from entering the school. Now every body is blaming the students, the SUG office was burnt because the NEW RECTOR is using him as a tool so the students are saying that they don't want any SUG AGAIN IN THE SCHOOL IF THEY CANNOT PROTECT THE INTEREST THE STUDENTS, NO MORE MAN O'WAR IF THEY HAVE FORGOTTING THAT SCHOOL SECURITY IS MAIN TO PREVENT CULTS IN SCHOOL BUT IF YOU SEE THE WAY THIS BOYS HAND THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS YOU WILL GET ANNOYED AND FINALLY THE FEDERAL GOVT SHOULD SEND A NEW RECTOR FOR THE STUDENTS. WHEN SHE WAS APPOINT THE STUDENTS ACCEPTED HER AS A LADY BCUZ IT HAS NEVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL THAT A LADY WAS APPOINTED A RECTOR, SO AS A MOTHER SHE WAS WELCOMED. NOT KNOWING THE MEN WERE MORE MOTHERLY AND THINKS OF THE WELFARE OF THE STUDENTS THAN THIS LADY. SHE WANTS TO STOP ALL CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES IN THE CAMPUS, JUST IMAGIN. SO THE STUDENTS ARE NOT JUST SHOUTING OR DESTROYING THINGS FOR DESTROYING SAKE, THOUGH I CONDEMN THE ACT, BUT ALSO KNOW THAT THIS INFO OF INCREMENT HAS BEEN SINCE FEBRUARY THIS, THE STUDENTS HAS BEING DIALOGUING WITH HER UPTIL THIS DAY. IT GOT WOST WHEN THE STUDENTS PERCEIVE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT OR YOU LOSS YOUR ADMISSION WAS THIS FRIDAY.

Calm down Young Man. Violence is never the way forward any where as the damages will still have to be accounted for and R.I.P. for the irreplaceable humans involved sad, But wait, una for beat up the MAN O WAR guys naa, Never liked those guys, I never even understand their role in the society as The man-of-war (also man of war, man o'war or simply man) was a Royal Navy expression for a powerful warship from the 16th to the 19th century. The term often refers to a ship armed with cannon and propelled primarily by sails, as opposed to a galley which is propelled primarily by oars.

So wetin come be their own now

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by sammyeko: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2011
Yeah i wonder why dis riot shuld have gone to this extend, My senior sis jst called dis mornin dat d riot is very serious. Pls let dem be wise and stop dis riot,
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by xynerise: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2011
All students have be asked to evacuate the school premises both off campus before 12pm today or face the penalty.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by chichriso: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
In short, the School mgts are all liars by saying telling the press that the main problem is the s.u.g election , the main thing is the 50% increase in our school fees nothing concern S.U.G election or what ever.President Goodluck should art now to bring back the students to school because i can't imagine myself staying ideal at home without lecture and studies
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by sylvagiva(m): 1:15am On Jul 29, 2011
If the school gmt says it was because of the school SUG ELECTION, the the entire board of the school are liars. Last 2 weeks b4 the students week, their was SENATORIAL ELECTION, why didn't the losers burn or cause riot. Take note the SUG MAIN ELECTION WAS BILLED TO HOLD ON FRIDAY NOT WEDNESDAY, SO IF ANYBODY WANTS TO DISRUPT THE ELECTION IT WILL BE ON THE ELECTION DAY NOT 2 DAYS B4 THE ELECTION AND EVEN AT THAT NOT ALMOST ALL THE STUDENTS WILL BE INVOLVED. THE SAME THING THAT SENT THE RECTOR'S HUSBAND PARKING FROM FUTO WILL ALSO SEND HER PARKING FROM NEKEDE.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DPOPE4(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2011
sylvagiva:

If the school gmt says it was because of the school SUG ELECTION, the the entire board of the school are liars. Last 2 weeks b4 the students week, their was SENATORIAL ELECTION, why didn't the losers burn or cause riot. Take note the SUG MAIN ELECTION WAS BILLED TO HOLD ON FRIDAY NOT WEDNESDAY, SO IF ANYBODY WANTS TO DISRUPT THE ELECTION IT WILL BE ON THE ELECTION DAY NOT 2 DAYS B4 THE ELECTION AND EVEN AT THAT NOT ALMOST ALL THE STUDENTS WILL BE INVOLVED. THE SAME THING THAT SENT THE RECTOR'S HUSBAND PARKING FROM FUTO WILL ALSO SEND HER PARKING FROM NEKEDE.
u ar correct d demon dat call herself rector must go into d net of justice.since her stay in dis our sch. polyneked suffereth justice and only violence taketh it by fore!
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Airtimex(m): 8:33am On Jul 29, 2011
ok

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DPOPE4(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]
are the still students within the school since we were asked to go
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by xynerise: 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
Report just reach me that ASUP officials came to the school and certain decisions were made. They said the school might resume lectures next week Monday being 1st of August 2011. You student should be happy I guess.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by kosoro: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
That was a senseless act of violence!
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Akshow: 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
Dey wil pay 4 evry tin destroyed. Silly students
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Akshow: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Musiwa42: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
This is why I said ,  when we went to the university, there was no school fee. Even the military were not bold to ask us to pay school. The military were so scare of NANS then, NANS control Nigeria then.  

The fees are too high compare to what nigeria makes.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by vicoloni(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
This is a pointer that 9ja has reached the highest level of decadence. Tell me, if the school authorities decides to slash school fees to its original amount, who bears the brunt of the burnt and damaged properties i.e school buses, SUG Sec, etc?
We dont want fight in the village yet the village head sells marijuana and his wife sells ogogoro!

Wise Students!
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DPOPE4(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
Akshow:

u ar a mad idiot. Our N10,000 acceptance can cover that idiot
Akshow:

u ar a mad idiot. Our N10,000 acceptance can cover that idiot
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by avosoft: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
riot does not have tp be violent, and violence does not solve any problem, at the end they will still pay the school fees, this is just unnecessary violence
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by tampa1871: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
These students are foolish and ignorant, these facilities were meant for them and their good, now destroyed, who will suffer for it? These culture @ getting their points through should stop, nevertheless, they should be made to pay for them be4 they are accepted back.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by obailala(m): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=14pt]DEMENTED BASTARDS CALLING THEMSELVES STUDENTS[/size] angry angry angry
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by hackney(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
Poly nekede - AYE central.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by tunnytox(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
The first picture is not Federal polytechnic Ede but look like Oweri (not sure if Owerri have one though) I doubt the credibility of these pictures
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by tunnytox(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
For goodness sake what is wrong with Nairaland moderators? the front page says Federa Ploy Ede while the OP stated its Fed Poly Nekede
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by delpee(f): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
This is Nekede, Owerri not Ede! Cant understand why there should be so much violence to communicate their grievance on the increase of fees.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by swaggerboi2011: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
lol, i thought this only happens in my school, in fact i had a bad encounter almost leading to fight with one Man'O'war guy some days back, 2day, if you had seen the way they were brutalizing students, i got frustrated to 'must bribe policy' being today the last day of doing a new ID card, the queue was too much

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Participation Thread... / DOWNLOAD THE FULL PTDF SCHOLARSHIP PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS HERE / List Of Universities And Their UME Cut-off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.