Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ (558 Views)

2023 Elections Proudest Achievement Of My Govt – Buhari / How I Was Forced To Announce Okorocha Winner Of Senate Seat – INEC REC / Otunba Lekan Akinleye Contesting For Ekiti Assembly Seat, Was Arrested In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by ImDStar: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed is currently the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Director of Publicity.

DT: Do you have a particular moment during which you were proudest of him?

Baba-Ahmed: It was when he won the Senate seat. It was a very difficult task. It was one of those things people thought was impossible. He was taking on a former governor in a zone that was very difficult. He had laid the groundwork as a member of the House, conducted an excellent campaign and won his election to the Senate. I cannot tell you of a moment when I was prouder.

The other one, of course is, every time I go to Baze University and walk round, I feel a sense of pride that one individual had a dream and translated it into this edifice of excellence and service. These two, particularly, stand out and I am proud that he is my younger brother.

DT: Speaking of politics, do you share some political views?

Baba-Ahmed: A lot. For instance, we both believe that this country is worth serving, worth fighting for, and even dying for. We love this country. Our father brought us up to believe in Nigeria, to love it, work for it, and leave legacies that others can build with. That, we share. We are intolerant of abuse and mediocrity. We believe a country like Nigeria deserves the best, and that politics is about service and not for politicians to be served. We didn’t sit down for me to impart those values, but there was a context in which he grew up, values and standards he met. I think these political views are shared by virtually every member of our family.

Daily Trust: What kind of person would you say Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed is?

Malam Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: He is a very disciplined and motivated individual. He is very focused in whatever he does. I’m not sure where he gets his motivation from. He obviously comes from a family where, long before he was born and even when he was growing up, some very standards had been set. So, there is a context within which you can judge him. But still, he has a very strong character. He can be very stubborn when he sets a goal for himself, and be very aggressive in its pursuit. He is also very obedient, and yet so focused on an issue that it is difficult to persuade him that he is in the wrong direction. Fortunately for him, and for us in the family, he hasn’t been in too many of the wrong directions.

https://dailytrust.com/amp/day-datti-baba-ahmed-won-senate-seat-was-my-proudest

Re: NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by rayvelez(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Welcome our incoming VICE PRESIDENT by God grace.

2 Likes

Re: NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by Bluntguy: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
He is very OBIdient. Behold the next vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by SadiqBabaSani: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
ooooo, I forgot the Mauritanian Ahmed is Pub sec of NEF, no wonder his recent discordant tune
Re: NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by ursullalinda(f): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
So proud of this two combo.....God has given Nigeria a platform to bounce back......forget hatred vote wisely for your own good and that of your children
Re: NEF DG: Day Datti Baba-ahmed Won Senate Seat Was My Proudest’ by MrALIVE: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
ooooo, I forgot the Mauritania Ahmed is Pub sec of NEF, no wonder their recent discordant tune
stop hating and become obidient for your generation yet unborn.

(1) (Reply)

This Is D First Time People Sponsored Themselves To Attend Political Rally. / We've Killed And Buried The Culture Of Campaign By Tribe And Religion / LP Support Groups  Warn On Campaign Of Calumny Against Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.