Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate (19791 Views)

Funke Emerges Lagos PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate / Kaduna APC Picks Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe As Deputy Guber Candidate / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by oshozondii: 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Adekunle Akinlade, the governorship candidate of the Allied People’s Movement (APM) in the 2019 election in Ogun State, has emerged deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of next year’s election.

Akinlade, after his defection into the PDP on Friday, was announced as the running mate to Hon. Ladi Adebutu, who won the PDP primary election in Ogun State.

While accepting to run on the same ticket with Adebutu, Akinlade said his decision to join the PDP was for the good of Ogun State.

According to him, the decision was not an easy one to take, but the sacrifice must be made.

“It might not be the most popular decision to take, but I believe it is absolutely necessary. Where we have found ourselves today in Ogun State needs that every sensible indigene of this state must be ready to make sacrifice,” Akinlade said.

The former House of Representatives member recalled how Adebutu stood by him when he contested in 2019, saying “We will do everything we can to make sure that this party becomes victorious in 2023.”

Akinlade stressed that “we will work morning, afternoon and night; we will work round the clock. We have done it before under 90 days, now we have seven months to do this (campaign).”

The Ipokia-born politician rallied support for Adebutu when he declared that “I have sat down with everybody. I know my role as the deputy governor. I will stand with you, I will stand by you and I will stand behind you.”
https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/08/ogun-2023-akinlade-emerges-pdp-deputy-guber-candidate-pledges-support-for-adebutu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1657314528

3 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by fergie001: 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
Akinlade, stay one place nah.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by LibertyRep: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
Within 4 years, man has moved from APC to APM back to APC then off to PDP.
Haba!

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by helinues: 12:49am On Jul 09, 2022
Hahahaha

Where is Segun Sowunmi in all this?

Pdp may be disqualified from the election..

Disqualified or not, Pdp is dead in Ogun state

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by muykem: 6:34am On Jul 09, 2022
From governorship candidate to deputy governor candidate.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Formularcr7: 7:29am On Jul 09, 2022
What of segun sowunmi

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2022
These people self, like Funke Akindele in Lagos like Akinlade in Ogun.

We can only say; best of luck in advance to the winners.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by oluwaseyi0: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2022
Akinlade will have been current Ogun governor courtesy of Ibikunle if not Tinubu that insisted on Dapo Abiodun, though Dapo is the party candidate but amosun is ready to hijack it from him

9 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by davidupdate89: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Good for him
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Eleyi of ogun state will still retain power ds I HV seen

Ogun state have d worse road network in Nigeria after Kogi state thanks to Tinubu

I always come in peace

9 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by naija4life247: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Eleyi of Ogun State Dapo Abiodun is in hot soup.

Useless idiot. No single project for the masses or the public. Roads are death traps for his fellow Cultists to suck blood. Only elite projects for his looting friends and family.

Now, he is a goner. Amosun just need to tell Tinubu, uncle, I will give you the Presidency, you too give my boys the Governorship.

202 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Pigpoo(m): 7:51am On Jul 09, 2022
That means baba ijebu pikin go be Guber

3 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by graphics112: 7:52am On Jul 09, 2022
cool

Good for him. Wish him the best.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by emmabest2000(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by crossfm: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2022
Hehehe.

Let the game begin.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Dannycypher(m): 7:53am On Jul 09, 2022
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Ademola47(m): 7:54am On Jul 09, 2022
But PDP doesn't have the machinery to win guber election in Ogun state.

To even cap it, Yayi, a former senator and political heavyweight in Lagos has moved to Ogun and strongly behind Dapo Abiodun of APC. He alone can deliver 40% of needed vote.

Amosun that supported Akinlade in 2019 recently stepped down for Tinubu at the presidential level, meaning he's 100% loyal to APC (probably for Ministerial slot).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by shielaAhmed: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2022
wow
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by helinues: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
Akinlade will have been current Ogun governor courtesy of Ibikunle if not Tinubu that insisted on Dapo Abiodun, though Dapo is the party candidate but amosun is ready to hijack it from him

No, Amosun was forcing Akinlade on the people without proper consultation

3 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by sucrose157(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2022
This is the best combo to tackle APC, the only help they need is for SIA to support them then the would win.
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by naija4life247: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
Eleyi of ogun state will still retain power ds I HV seen

Ogun state have d worse road network in Nigeria after Kogi state thanks to Tinubu

I always come in peace

So, Tinubu is also stealing Ogun state money? I think you need psychiatric evaluation. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Now, after Tinubu helped the Eleyi of Ogun State to get a job, will Tinubu also help him to do the job again? How many people will Tinubu help to do their jobs nah? Will he help Buhari, Judas Osinbajo, Eleye Dapo Abiodun, Fayemi, Oyetola, Akeredolu and all the Senators and House of Reps that he assisted to get positions?

Now, since he couldn't help them to do the jobs he helped them to get, he has come out to do the job himself. So, give him the position, let us see what he can do.

210 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by sucrose157(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2022
helinues:

No, Amosun was forcing Akinlade on the people without proper consultation

Amosun was never forcing Akinlade of the masses, Akinlade was his candidate, sIA wanted Akinlade so that he can cover up his mess and continue to be the leader,Osinbanjo helped DAPO emerged

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Voiceofthestree: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2022
Akinlade I am still available if you need those old days support. Yewa people can neve be left behind coz nah PDP town let talk this time Uncle Akin
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by helinues: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2022
sucrose157:

Amosun was never forcing Akinlade of the masses, Akinlade was his candidate, sIA wanted Akinlade so that he can cover up his mess and continue to be the leader,Osinbanjo helped DAPO emerged

See contradiction..

grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by Bostin(m): 8:06am On Jul 09, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Tough battle ahead. I am betting on PDP to displace evil apc in ogun. The APC suffering is too much
You understand the game . Amosun is a wise, smart , and real politician .
Re: Ogun 2023: Akinlade Emerges PDP Deputy Guber Candidate by RichDad1(m): 8:06am On Jul 09, 2022
Akinlade is a featherweight politician.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". / Tinubu: 'Saraki, Tambuwal Left APC For Fear Of Buhari' / No Special Treatment For Abba Kyari, Others In Kuje Prison - Prison Authorities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.