Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi (652 Views)

Every Market Women Most Close Shop To Support My Father, Tinubu Daughter / Thiefnubun Thugs Forcing Market Women To Close Shop And Rally For Drug Dealer / Become Our Consultant, PDP Mocks APC Over ‘close Shop’ Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by adefitim(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has said that his government if elected in 2023 will not probe past administrations, adding "those who only look at yesterday and today will miss tomorrow.´

The former governor of Anambra State, who stated this while fielding questions from journalists shortly after unveiling Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed as his running mate, said that instead of chasing thieves, his government would rather block leakages in the system and move forward.

According to him, “As for probing the past government, let me tell you; you see me argue that you can’t close your shop and be chasing thieves, those who only look at yesterday and today will miss tomorrow. God did not give us eyes at the back, mine is to look forward.

“If you come into the government today and decide to stop the leakage first, you will get more. I am not going to be part of any form of victimisation or witch-hunt, it won’t happen. Nigerians must live within law and order.

“But I can tell you right away. If you, the principal person, the local government chairman, the governor or the President are not stealing, your family is not, and those around you are not, you will reduce it by 70 per cent.”

Native Reporters

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by immaculatesense(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2022
Wat if the thief carted away all your goods and run...will u rather stay with an empty shop or pursue the thief?
It will be wiser for me to close an empty shop and pursue the thief...at least if I can get all...I will get some to sell...half bread is better than....
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by Jking20(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
Nice! But remember the failed government might have stolen and borrowed enough funds to run down the incoming government, whence your government will run out of fund. Think twice.
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by javaguru: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
four year will not even be enough, but we will have a way out.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by SlurUsername1: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
MUMU are there no other arms of governments and parastatals to help u with the trials? How can someone be so dumb?
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by javaguru: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
immaculatesense:
Wat if the thief carted away all your goods and run...will u rather stay with an empty shop or pursue the thief?
It will be wiser for me to close an empty shop and pursue the thief...at least if I can get all...I will get some to sell...half bread is better than....

what if you end up loosing more customers in the process of chasing the thief

1 Like

Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by Quest7777: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
MUMU are there no other arms of governments and parastatals to help u with the trials? How can someone be so dumb?

Obi supporters & insults
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by immaculatesense(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2022
javaguru:

what if you end up loosing more customers in the process of chasing the thief
Lol... customers in empty shop?

I am just catching fun ooo...notin concern me in politics section ooo...sorry for intruding ooo...I belong to the religious segment...

Apologies for the overlap ooo
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by OneCandleAway(f): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
immaculatesense:

I am just catching fun ooo...notin concern me in politics section ooo...sorry for intruding ooo...I belong to the religious segment...

Igbos will tell you to wait while they go get the product from someone else who has.

That's why they are better in business
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by fyneguy: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
Lol

If your shop is empty, you have no shop to open.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by javaguru: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
immaculatesense:

u no overlap, u made ur point

chasing a thief is a 50/50 chance

it is always better to forget the past and move on
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mr President talking

1 Like

Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by HenryWilliams(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
OneCandleAway:

*Igbos will tell you to wait while they go get the product from someone else who has*

That's why they are better in business

Yoruba will tell you that product isn't sold anywhere in that area cos they don't want others to gain cos they don't have it in stock.
True sturvs
Re: Corruption: I Can’t Close Shop And Be Chasing Thieves – Peter Obi by Ofodirinwa: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
He is right. Stop leakages and you fix the problem. If he focuses on chasing thieves he will not have time and ability to stop leakages. If he catches the thief of the last 10 admins, the next pres will be chasing the thief during his own.

(1) (Reply)

Bbc Africa Eye Has Reveal The Banditry In Nigeria Resulted From Tribalism / Oshiomole Will Be The Minister Of Adult Urinary, Pampers & Parkinsonism- Tinubu / Oshiomhole And Tinubu Getting Set To Rig Election Using PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.