Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous (14524 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous / Types Of Spirits That Delay Marriage Of Some Single Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by blaquebelle: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
A myslim doesn't engage in such evil.... xtianity promotes evil and immorality worldwide
Thank God you said xtianity and not CHRISTianity. I can only speak for Christianity which instructs us to Love God and love our neighbours.

And of course, in loving God you must obey his commands. No true Christian promotes immorality as you just suggested.

Please campaign for your candidate without insulting another religion. You're simply making matters worse. This is why people are worried about this MM ticket. He hasn't even won and his followers are already increasing the religious divide in this fragile country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Lighthouse50: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You with ya sh**ty story..a person had an accident you link it to repentance..is this how you folks win ya own soul..? undecided

You are trying to say..if one doesn't repent he's gonna die..who ain't gonna die?
Or those persons butchered in their place of worship didn't repent too?
If a just and omnipotent god really existed, wouldn't he make sure everyone read and understood exactly what the demands are? Especially given the impact of the proposed punishment?

How would you view a human government that wouldn't or couldn't clearly communicate it's laws yet makes people disappear and sentence them to death in secret trials?
Furthermore there is zero evidence any gods or hell even exist...

Hell is just a scare tactic to make people go to church and donate money..no one should fall for it... undecided

Silence man....! He didnt say he who repents wont taste death but they have chances of resurrection becos they had washed their robes and made it white.
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Tb222(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You with ya sh**ty story..a person had an accident you link it to repentance..is this how you folks win ya own soul..? undecided

You are trying to say..if one doesn't repent he's gonna die..who ain't gonna die?
If a just and omnipotent god really existed, wouldn't he make sure everyone read and understood exactly what the demands are? Especially given the impact of the proposed punishment?

How would you view a human government that wouldn't or couldn't clearly communicate it's laws yet makes people disappear and sentence them to death in secret trials?

Hell is just a scare tactic to make people go to church and donate money..no one should fall for it... undecided

well my friend may be you should go download nde podcasts (near death experiences) and listen to the horrific and terrible experiences of self avowed atheists who were somehow resusicated after being initially declared dead then you will see that hell is no joke.

1 Like

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Flamez01: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2022
Tb222:
well my friend may be you should go download nde podcasts (near death experiences) and listen to the horrific and terrible experiences of self avowed atheists who were somehow resusicated after being initially declared dead then you will see that hell is no joke.
Well my friend, I don't know much, but I know dis for sure. If I end up in the imaginary hell fire, you would be there also. So geddifuck!!!
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by emapeteum(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
BIG BROTHER NIGERIA SEASON 7 OF
IMMORALITY.
Housemates are Christians. It's normal
for the female ones to expose their
breast to the world and also to have sex
live on TV while family members
watches at home. Regrettably Christian
Association of Nigeria (CAN) is not
worried about this trend of immorality,
but they're worried about bishops that
attended Sen. Bola Tinubu's event.
Pointless!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2022
Just like me i keep delaying my IELTS exam

Thinking i will fail again

After first attempt

Am
Tired
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by BigMamaNaija: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2022
Yes oh, my children. Run into Jesus Christ genuinely now, while you can. Delay is dangerous. This includes all who attend church but are living habitual sinful lives. Christ did not save us to continue in sin.

For those who still doubt the reality of heaven or hell, repent now and don't be like the young fish in the story below.

TWO FISHES were swimming when they saw a piece of meat dangling before them ��. The younger fish darted toward it with an open mouth.

The older fish cried out, Stop!✋ "You can’t see it, but there is a hook inside that meat. It is connected by an invisible line to a pole outside the water. There is a man holding the pole."

"THE TRUTH is, if you eat the meat, the hook will catch in your jaw and the man will pull you out of the water. He will cut you open with a knife, roast you on a fire and eat you. Then he will throw your remains to his cat.”

The young fish stopped. The two swam away. But when the young fish was alone, he thought to himself, “Let me investigate the truth myself, how accurate these lousy claims are."

He went back to the meat, swam around it, above and below it. He swam as far as he could in widening circles around the meat.

After a long search, he said to himself, “I’ve looked far and wide and I haven’t found any sign of a man, a pole, a knife, a fire or a cat. In fact, I’ve found nothing outside this water we live in.. I have come to realise my truth."

"These must just be stories made up to limit our freedom." He went back to the meat and ate it.

The hook caught in his jaw, he felt himself being yanked out of the water. For sure He saw a pole, a man and a knife, and a little further, he saw the man's cat sleeping in a shade, but at that point his knowledge of THE TRUTH was useless.

It is exactly the story of the Great Gospel and Mysteries of the Bible. Some of them are beyond our comprehension. We now don't see Satan, Angels, Jesus or His Judgement seat. NO, we don't see the eternal fire of hell at all but of course, we will realize all along that it was THE TRUTH vs our truth and that will be only when death eventually strikes.

But Alas! Too late forever. May God let us trust and heed to the TRUTH while it is useful to us. Amen.

JESUS said, "I AM the way, the TRUTH and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

4 Likes

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by pacespot(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2022
Hmm, lesson
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Sheunma: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
If we focused half of the energy we expend on religion and its unending demands and prescriptions on the betterment and advancement of humanity, even the so called gods would worships us.

1 Like

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Angy55(f): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
About this time of the year twenty years ago, i paid a visit to my best friend after i had briefly visited the state his school was located to attend an occasion. While with him, I had a strong urge to ask him to repent and give his life to Christ, and although it wasn't very easy or comfortable for me, i did just as I was led to do. After doing so I prayed for him before I left.

I can't tell if he decided to heed my preaching or not because he didn't give a clear response, but I was happy that I had done that and taken that burden off my chest before leaving the state the next day.

I didn't know that was the last time I was going to see my friend as a few months later I received a phone call that he had died while returning to school.

The person who broke this news to me, knowing how close I was to this guy, thought I had fainted or so after I heard the news when I went silent briefly, that he immediately shouted my name on the phone, but he didn't need to because i was still very calm.

The reason, I suppose, was because i had gone out of my way to warn him the last time we met to repent as I was led to do, damning the consequences of such, even if costs us our friendship and makes him to start avoiding me.

But if I hadn't done that and warned him the last time I saw him despite the heavy burden on my heart to do so, perhaps, so as not to offend him and then I got to receive this news, I most surely would have been devastated by it and would never forgive myself for not giving my friend that chance.

But I had done that which I could do for him, so even though I was saddened at the news, I was yet calm hoping that he heeded the warning I gave to him the last time I saw him to repent.

I learnt that all the passengers in the luxurious bus he boarded got burnt beyond recognition, so there was no special funeral but just a grave dug where all the bodies of the passengers including his were put into.

I later got to see the burnt luxurious bus while traveling down that same route, and it seemed really strange how the fire could have started and managed to be that devastating that none of them could escape, but it happened and the rest is now history.

That's why delay could be very dangerous especially after you have been warned to repent, because anything can happen at any time.

God bless.
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by solofresh(m): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Louder please
Let them know
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Angy55:

20 years ago was 2004 and as at time hand set was not in circulation in Nigeria. Are you saying, you were among those first users of Samsung phones even then getting MTN sim card was expensive?

I like the Job you are doing, trying to convert souls to Christ. That should be our number goal in this Christian race. However, adding Lies to sooth your stories is a Sin already.

Let us be guided.
You should learn to practice what you preach and be more careful not to accuse someone falsely especially someone who was preaching the Gospel.

Father forgive her for she doesn't know what she's saying. In Jesus name.
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Righteousness2(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
All of your wisdom, knowledge, accomplishments, wealth, advancement, and betterment of this or that without a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, is a Waste of living.
Irrespective of whatever you accomplish on Earth, if you Depart this without JESUS Christ, you have wasted your life.
There is no Profit of Having all the betterments and losing your soul in Hell. It is worthless..

Sheunma:
If we focused half of the energy we expend on religion and its unending demands and prescriptions on the betterment and advancement of humanity, even the so called gods would worships us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by dragunov: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
A myslim doesn't engage in such evil.... xtianity promotes evil and immorality worldwide

The guy presented facts. Even mentioned names. Yet you keep insisting that BBN is a Xtian show. Your problem is that you keep interchanging secularism with xtianity. We know you hate Christianity. But there is one thing for sure. You can't kick Mount Kilimanjaro like a soccer ball.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by PharmacyStore: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Great message, delay is indeed dangerous
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Winters23: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I'm saying delay is very dangerous and if you don't repent before you die you'd find out why delay is very dangerous...

Many in hell wish they didn't delay their repentance.

grin
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by atheistconverta: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
Angy55:

20 years ago was 2004 and as at time hand set was not in circulation in Nigeria. Are you saying, you were among those first users of Samsung phones even then getting MTN sim card was expensive?

I like the Job you are doing, trying to convert souls to Christ. That should be our number goal in this Christian race. However, adding Lies to sooth your stories is a Sin already.

Let us be guided.
See how you attract curses to yourself without knowing it? Do you know the Op or were you there when it happened that you assume he added lies to his story? By 2001 even some little children were already using GSM lines, so don't be so quick to speak what you are not sure about.

1 Like

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Angy55(f): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
atheistconverta:
See how you attract curses to yourself without knowing it? Do you know the Op or were you there when it happened that you assume he added lies to his story? By 2001 even some little children were already using GSM lines, so don't be so quick to speak what you are not sure about.

I have nothing to say to you.

I only asked a question. There was nothing wrong for him to clarify me on the question I asked.

Yes or No.

This things happens and I am not doubting, I was only worried about the year he quoted.
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Geovanni412(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Comrade, take am easy small na. Op, I am in support of your message but have you told your governor and his cronies who are stealing funds that they will go to hell? I am just asking because what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Geovanni412(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ibkhaleel:

Baba ... those girls wey dey go Dubai dey service rich men. Na only Christians dey Dubai abi? We are all sinners praying for grace whether Christian or muslim or traditionalist.
No religion has the final say of who goes to heaven and who doesn't. Think of this scenario: A little child who is a traditionalist and has never been preached to about Jesus Christ or Allah is living in the DRC.
This child is working in the cobalt mines and dies at the age of 14 in the mines. Will that child go to hell?
No one knows the answer. We are living by God's grace...just try and be good and do unto others what you want them to do unto you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by Ppp1p: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
Not all time
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by InvertedHammer: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
/
The Bible tells us that nobody is perfect.

So you that claim to have found Jesus, is there any guarantee that you will make heaven? I love the holier-than-thou attitude of delay is dangerous.

The truth is: There are no true Christians (in the real sense of it) in Nigeria. Going to church and quoting the Bible up and down do not make a Christian. Most of you are purely delusional and grossly hypocritical. You only latch on the Bible to seek for attention.

/
Re: Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous by atheistconverta: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2022
Angy55:

I have nothing to say to you.

I only asked a question. There was nothing wrong for him to clarify me on the question I asked.

Yes or No.

This things happens and I am not doubting, I was only worried about the year he quoted.

You didn't just ask him a question...
You said this
Angy55:
However, adding Lies to sooth your stories is a Sin already.
Imagine that the Op didn't add lies to his story as you said here, how do you think God would feel when He sees you falsely accusing someone preaching His Word and trying to bring sinners to repentance of such? Would He be happy with you? So stop lying and repent of your error instead of trying to justify it, assuming you did it unknowingly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt / Why Are You An Atheist? / Help Me Calculate My Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.