Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue (1804 Views)

My Car Radiator Issue / 4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Lawalemi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
I changed AC compressor and afterwards my engine temperature increases each time I switch on Air Conditioner.
Now mechanic is asking that I change radiator.
My fear is that this could be a trial and error solution.
Please what could trigger temperature the moment I switch on AC in Corolla LE 2009?
Thanks
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lawalemi:
I changed AC compressor and afterwards my engine temperature increases each time I switch on Air Conditioner.
Please what could trigger temperature the moment I switch on AC in Corolla LE 2009?
Thanks

Show us picture of what you mean by temperature increase. The gauge should be at half mark

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by festaclanre: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lawalemi:
Thanks
are sure you use right compressor
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Lawalemi(m): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Dozieson:

Show us picture of what you mean by temperature increase. The gauge should be at half mark
It goes pass half mark
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Lawalemi(m): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
festaclanre:
are sure you use right compressor
Don't know
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by festaclanre: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2022
Lawalemi:

Don't know
because my experienced same thing until we get to know that the technician put Peugeot compressor. Be sure the compressor is automatic not manual. Mobus

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by festaclanre: 7:48am On Jul 11, 2022
Lawalemi:

Don't know
contact mosbus here on nairaland. He knows alot about ac.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by festaclanre: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2022
Cc mosbus

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by mejai(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2022
Chai! Oga Kazeem on the beat. Cook that thing!

Check ur fan. Any leakage in ur radiator? Though it goes up when AC is switched on. I guess na manual(Peugeot) compressor Dey der.
Find Mosbus here and complain sha.

Next thing the werey kazeem will ask u to put double cell radiator.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2022
Lawalemi:

It goes pass half mark

Is your radiator coolant dropping?
Is your radiator leaking?
Are you sure the fan/fans are working well?
Is your thermostat working well?

Check all these and feed us back
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 8:58am On Jul 11, 2022
I do experience this too most especially during hot weather. The mechanic said a rewire should remove the radiator and wash. The rewire did that but problem still persist and now he's saying i should get a new radiator.
Lawalemi:
Thanks
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2022
In my own case, the coolant in the radiator do rush down to the coolant reservoir during overheating and coolant starts leaking from the reservoir. My fans are blowing well. Thermostat working well.
Dozieson:

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2022
Raregem9000:
In my own case, the coolant in the radiator do rush down to the coolant reservoir during overheating and coolant starts leaking from the reservoir. My fans are blowing well. Thermostat working well.

Are you experiencing overheating too? Leaking of coolant from either the radiator, engine head gasket or reservoirs will cause overheating
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Lawalemi(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2022
festaclanre:
because my experienced same thing until we get to know that the technician put Peugeot compressor. Be sure the compressor is automatic not manual. Mobus
He replaced with manual.

Thanks for the insight. I need to go ask which brand of compressor he fixed
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Lawalemi(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2022
Dozieson:

Yeah, coolant is dropping but radiator isn't leaking.
Fan works well too
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
Yes, i'm experiencing that when the AC is on. Car model is Toyota Corolla 09. Radiator doesn't leak water. What happens when the car is overheating is that all the water in the radiator moves down to the reservoir and the water comes out of the reservoir head cover. You know the cover is like rubber, so when there's excess hot water rushing down to the reservoir from the radiator. The cover contract and open itself causing all the water to rush out from there.
Dozieson:

Are you experiencing overheating too? Leaking of coolant from either the radiator, engine head gasket or reservoirs will cause overheating
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
Do you still have coolant in the radiator and reservoir when you open it after the overheating?
Lawalemi:

Fan works well too
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2022
Lawalemi:

Fan works well too

So where is it leaking from leaking?

With radiator, hoses or head gasket
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
Raregem9000:
Yes, i'm experiencing that when the AC is on. Car model is Toyota Corolla 09. Radiator doesn't leak water. What happens when the car is overheating is that all the water in the radiator moves down to the reservoir and the water comes out of the reservoir head cover. You know the cover is like rubber, so when there's excess hot water rushing down to the reservoir from the radiator. The cover contract and open itself causing all the water to rush out from there.

Change your radiator cover. Again, is there thermostat on your engine? Maybe it has filed.

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
I will change that because i also read about something like that online some days ago. Yes, there's thermostat and it's working well
Dozieson:

Change your radiator cover. Again, is there thermostat on your engine? Maybe it has filed.
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Raregem9000:
I will change that because i also read about something like that online some days ago. Yes, there's thermostat and it's working well

Ok
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by chukel(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2022
Raregem9000:
how did youconfirm your thermostat is working well?
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
chukel:

Good question
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by vastolord4(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
It should be the radiator cap.. change that
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by HenryWilliams(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
The fan is working intermittently. Check it properly
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by nonso84(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2022
Raregem9000:
Check your radiator cap.
I experienced this a long time ago.
After driving your coolant reservoir will be boiling abi?
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2022
Exactly sir. Was it a new radiator cap you bought or Tokunbo?
nonso84:

Check your radiator cap.
I experienced this a long time ago.
After driving your coolant reservoir will be boiling abi?
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Raregem9000(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2022
My mechanic confirmed that for me
chukel:
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Dozieson(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Raregem9000:
My mechanic confirmed that for me

The easiest way to know is to remove and boil it yourself. You will see how it opens when hot and closes when cold
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by FlippersCare123(m): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Lawalemi:
Thanks

Let's see five reasons your car temperature gauge
rises suddenly .

1. Low coolant level
A low coolant level happens to be the most
common reason a car overheats. The coolant
ensures heat is removed from the engine.
Situations whereby the coolant reserve becomes
empty, refilling it is the fix.
Another reason can be when there's a leak in the
hoses, radiator, water pump or thermostat housing,
the engine will be unable to cool properly.

2. Faulty radiator fan
The main job of a radiator fan is to cool the
internal combustion engine thereby ensuring that
the right temperature is there for the engine to
function effectively. When your car is overheating,
check under the hood to see if the radiator fan is
still working. Again, examine your car's air
conditioning unit and try putting it on. If it's not
responding, then know that your radiator fan is
faulty.

3.3. Blocked hoses
If after you've checked the coolant and radiator fan
and discovered everything is working fine, then you
might want to also inspect your coolant hose. Dirt
or particles may sometimes go into the coolant
and restrict the flow of coolant fluid via the hose.
The recommended course of action here is to get
the system flushed and refill the coolant tank.

4. Faulty water pump
The water pump is considered to be the heart of a
vehicle's cooling system. Its primary job is to get
the coolant moving throughout the cooling system.
The water pump tends to malfunction and it will
result in the improper flow of the coolant. The
cause of the water pump becoming faulty is shaft
breakage, seal leakage and casting breakage. A
faulty water pump is one of the reasons your
temperature gauge rises high unexpectedly.

5. Damaged head gasket
A damaged gasket is also a reason for your car
temperature gauge going up. The head gasket is
an important component of a car engine
responsible for sealing the coolant, combustion
chamber, and engine oil pass. When it damages, it
can cause serious problems for your car.
You can fix a head gasket leak at home.
But the final note is when your car starts
experiencing engine overheating, it's time to visit
the mechanic.
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by FlippersCare123(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
FlippersCare123:

Let's see five reasons your car temperature gauge rises suddenly .

1. Low coolant level A low coolant level happens to be the most common reason a car overheats. The coolant ensures heat is removed from the engine. Situations whereby the coolant reserve becomes empty, refilling it is the fix. Another reason can be when there's a leak in the hoses, radiator, water pump or thermostat housing, the engine will be unable to cool properly.

2. Faulty radiator fan The main job of a radiator fan is to cool the internal combustion engine thereby ensuring that the right temperature is there for the engine to function effectively. When your car is overheating, check under the hood to see if the radiator fan is still working. Again, examine your car's air conditioning unit and try putting it on. If it's not responding, then know that your radiator fan is faulty.

3.3. Blocked hoses If after you've checked the coolant and radiator fan and discovered everything is working fine, then you might want to also inspect your coolant hose. Dirt or particles may sometimes go into the coolant and restrict the flow of coolant fluid via the hose. The recommended course of action here is to get the system flushed and refill the coolant tank.

4. Faulty water pump The water pump is considered to be the heart of a vehicle's cooling system. Its primary job is to get the coolant moving throughout the cooling system. The water pump tends to malfunction and it will result in the improper flow of the coolant. The cause of the water pump becoming faulty is shaft breakage, seal leakage and casting breakage. A faulty water pump is one of the reasons your temperature gauge rises high unexpectedly.

5. Damaged head gasket A damaged gasket is also a reason for your car temperature gauge going up. The head gasket is an important component of a car engine responsible for sealing the coolant, combustion chamber, and engine oil pass. When it damages, it can cause serious problems for your car. You can fix a head gasket leak at home. But the final note is when your car starts experiencing engine overheating, it's time to visit the mechanic.

Our certified and qualified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to perform the Check Engine Light diagnostic . . Once we are able to diagnose the problem, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix
Re: Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anytime kazeem touch person car another problem go occur.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Converting Rhd Peugeot 407 To Lhd, Any Advice Will Be Appreciated / My C200 Benz Is Jecking / Quiz: Which Is More Fuel Efficient On The Highway Open Windows Or Ac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.