Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee (32095 Views)

Governor Dikko And Ibrahim Masari Visit President Tinubu At His Abuja Residence / I Lost All My School Certificates - Kabir Ibrahim Masari, Tinubu’s Placeholder / Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Vixlot: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
I[b]brahim Kabir Masari, the running mate to the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has withdrawn from the race.[/b]

Masari who made the disclosure in a press statement stated that he believes he can still serve APC and the country in several other capacities

The statement reads, “This is to inform our esteemed party leaders under our able President Muhammadu Buhari, teeming party members and the great people of Nigeria, of the outcome of a crucial discussion I just had with the flag-bearer of our great party, All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

“Recall that I had the singular honour and privilege of being nominated as the running-mate to Asiwaju Tinubu last month after a keenly contested presidential primaries ahead of the 2023 general elections.

“But, after much reflection and wider consultations, I now wish to step down. I realized that my decision will enable Asiwaju have more latitude to give more accommodation and inclusion that will position our party to win the coming elections, with the support of the people of Nigeria.

“In stepping down, I believe I can still serve our party and the country in several other capacities.

“I wish to confirm that I have submitted my withdrawal letter and affidavit to that effect as the Vice Presidential Candidate to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TInubu in the coming elections.

On behalf of myself and family, I wish to sincerely thank Asiwaju Tinubu — the Incoming President, Insha Allah — for his trust in me and we promise to remain steadfast in our support for him and the party.

Meanwhile, the Interim National Coordinator of Bola Tinubu Campaign Organization, Honorable James Faleke, has confirmed Masari’ withdrawal as Tinubu’s running-mate.

Faleke’s words, “This is to inform and confirm that Alhaji Ibrahim Masari has stepped down as Vice Presidential nominee to the flag-bearer of APC in the 2023 presidential elections, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

“Alhaji Masari has communicated his decision to us from Saudi Arabia where he is presently performing the lesser hajj.

While saluting Alhaji Masari’s sacrifice, we believe this will give Asiwaju Tinubu an opportunity to take a decision that will further enhance the chances of our great party in the 2023 elections”.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/tinubus-running-mate-masari-resigns-hopes-to-serve-nigeria-in-future/

Statement by Alhaji Ibrahim Masari on his resignation as APC Vice President Nominee.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by blazingblender(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ok
No body confuse pass APC
if this is true then
He should immediately become OBIdient
Don't be a
jonsing man
Twice

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by LegendHero(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nice one Masari.

Tinubu playing the same exact game Abiola played in 1993 by choosing a Kanuri VP.

--Babagana Kingibe is Kanuri who was Abiola vice in 1993.

--Kassim Shettima is Kanuri and the current Tinubu VP.

At least Shettima is also from Northern Minority tribe and I am sure just as the North voted MKO in 1993 without no animosity whatsoever, we are confident Asiwaju will get the required vote in the North.

Shettima is a very fine pick.

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by donphilopus: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
blazingblender:
Ok
No body confuse pass APC
if this is true then
Don't be a
Jonsing mam
Twice

Obi that would come a distant fourth?

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by ObosiLandlord(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yeebos go dey sad about this news.

They have been talking about how Masari won't step down.

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by blazingblender(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
donphilopus:

Capless broda
On that very day una eye go clear

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by God1000(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Something is wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Okoroawusa: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
I Love BAT

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Mission Achieved.

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Ballzproblemm: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
I pity any yarinba who think they are doing me if dey don't vote for obi ,2023 na Sharia law everybody go dey under ,vote wisely

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Dicrete65: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by IvarTheBoneless: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
grin

Flatin0s right now...

They will shed bloody tears today.

See them advising Tinubu their worst enemy on a better choice of VP.

If you hate someone, when making an error, you even encourage him more.

Tinubu will beat Atiku black and blue. Obi will run away like a coward... as usual.

Like Ojukwu, like Kanu, like Obi.... chestbeat and run before 1st gunshot.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Civilianarmy: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
No be the full story be this E never clear.

APC and confusion these days.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by mycar: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Selling dog to buy monkey , makes no difference

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Charmingrascal(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu's ambition is dead.

Picking Shettima as his running mate will give him no chance in 2023.
Henceforth I am giving my full support to Atiku/Okowa ticket.

Christians won't be regarded in Tinubu's government, Christians are already being persecuted in Nigeria voting Muslim/Muslim runners will have a very damning effect on Nigeria Christians as a whole.

I am a proud Yoruba man but at the moment I am dropping my support for Tinubu for his insensitive act.
This clearly shows that Christians will have no place in his government.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by otijah(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please Vote Peter Obi. No loose guard

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by kponkedenge(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Good for him.
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by IvarTheBoneless: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
angry
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Allahisarapist: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
That was why they are in a close door meeting.
Brain washed tinubu wannabe are wailing above.
They all support Muslim,Muslim ticket because they are Muslims.
I thought we all wanted what will move our country forward.
Because not later when one section of the country feels left out and wants to leave, then they will start preaching to them not to.
As a yoruba Christian I am obedient and yusuful to my country

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Tunique53: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
blazingblender:
Ok
No body confuse pass APC
if this is true then
Don't be a
jonsing man
Twice
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by LegendHero(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jagaban!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
donphilopus:

Obi may most likely take second behind Atiku in the election. Not fourth.

Chirsitian voters may give their votes mostly to PDP or LP. APC may get the minority of christian votes in the end. Mulsims may go for PDP and APC, with LP getting a minority of votes. Either way, Tinubu by not choosing a christian VP...which by the way he could not do, as it would have worsened his chances of winning in the North, and led to Atiku winning by a wider margin....has made his chances bad in the middle belt and South. The North is not guaranteed, unless Bubu can raise support there for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Amspecial: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
May your life be like that of a bat
Amen
Okoroawusa:
I Love BAT

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by brante(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
he has tried
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by OMOJOHN001: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bring it on MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET.

Bleep that idea.
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Cantonese: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
A - A

P - Pitiable

C - Condition

Now Nigerians are in a pitiable condition. No strength to complain anymore. Petrol @210, gas @950 per kg and kerosene @800 per liter. So tay no money to buy firewood.

And those who were thoroughly bewitched still lookout for their usual pittances to vote for APC in 2023. The owu no go be here.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by naijainstinct: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
grin
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by AMAUCHESKY(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
After their close door meeting...
We are here obidiently waiting for 2023 with our pvc
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Jackson667: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
shocked
Re: Ibrahim Masari Resigns As APC Vice Presidential Nominee by Zelenskyy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
The Islamization agenda is now very Obvious for all to see.

And Tinubu because of his Lust for power has made himself a willing tool for his Fulani masters to use.

But their Evil plan is dead on arrival.... This is not 1993.

Christians everywhere must rise up and Say No to this Evil Party called APC and their Presidential candidate.

Every well meaning Nigerian must Say No to the disenfranchisement and marginalization of any particular Religion.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. / The Truth Behind "Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari" / IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.