Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. (4372 Views)

Nigeria’s Richest Household By Zone / NIGERIA POLITICS: Religious Diversity Map By States - Amb. Ngama Friday Markus / A Wrong Misleading Map by Itshekiris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by shariff84: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2022
Simplythebest:
My problem is that Tinubu couldn't practice Muslim / Muslim ticket in his lagos state but want to force it on Nigerians. What a pity
force it as how?. Did he force you to vote him.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by shariff84: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Just like what they are doing in KD.
Imagine that jocker saying that KD is muslim/muslim.

Give them time they go say plateu get up 20% muslims because of jos north.

Gombe is 60% christian forget wetin wikipedia tell you.. Dat wan na dogo turenci.
yes they are 60 percent christians that's why they are always ruled by Muslim!
If Muslim are the minority,then do your christian-christian ticket and win ur election.
That's how the like of you keep deceiving southern kaduna people and now we did m-m ticket and won. We also want to retry it this election in kaduna.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
shariff84:
yes they are 60 percent christians that's why they are always ruled by Muslim!
If Muslim are the minority,then do your christian-christian ticket and win ur election.
That's how the like of you keep deceiving southern kaduna people and now we did m-m ticket and won. We also want to retry it this election in kaduna.

Just like the made lafia the capital of NAS instead of akwanga so that the few hausa wil rule over the majority gbagyi,afo,egon,korro,gade etc..

Awolo'na a time will come when things will normalise and agwagwa nyansh go open.

KD IS 50/50! It was 60/40 before the killing.

Take it or leave it, bana so dogo turenci .
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Ojuntana: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:
If your zone is a blanket Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim, shut up! You have not respected diversity locally where it matters most, and have no earned authority to demand for it at where it matters less at national level.

How many of the Christian/Christian states have Christian canon law like the Muslim states have sharia laws?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Simplythebest: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2022
Why didn't he practice it in lagos state?
shariff84:
force it as how?. Did he force you to vote him.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Naajjii: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
if you are a minority of minority in a place you are already protected by the constitution to live where you want and practice your faith

Does it mean Hausas in the SS/SE should be given allocated elective slots because they are the major Muslims in these regions?
Yes it means you make Muslim minority in the south east deputy. It should be Christians/Muslim ticket in the SE and SS. If you can't make Muslim deputy base on whatever calculation then you don't have the moral right to accuse Tinubu who picked a Muslim deputy base on his own calculation.
All you people can do is to go vote for PDP who has a Christian or you go vote Labour Party or you go to a party that has Christian Christian candidates. It's simply as that. The Christians in Nigeria you people lack confidence. Always complaining about Muslims. When Goodluck Jonathan a Christian was president It was when CAN complained and cried the loudest. Go and a check the then CAN president Ayo Oritjefor was always complaining. Now Buhari a Muslim president and a Pastor his vice are here you people are still crying and complaining.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by gevans(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2022
shariff84:
some state are just created to balance the equation,one local government in Niger state(mashegu) is bigger than whole bayalsa state.
Fallacy
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ojuntana:

How many of the Christian/Christian states have Christian canon law like the Muslim states have sharia laws?

This is a thread for discussing inclusion and diversity. We are not discussing state laws.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by OsunOriginal: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
Niwdog:
then why should a southern Muslim be given the president where Muslims are not upto 25percent

He is elected already defeating the christians who contested against him.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Ojuntana: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

This is a thread for discussing inclusion and diversity. We are not discussing state laws.

What is inclusion and diversity when you have states that elevate a certain religion above all others contrary to the spirit of the constitution?
Or is inclusion and diversity only relevant when discussing political posts?

The heads of the three branches of our national government are Muslims. Are we still discussing inclusion and diversity?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MadamExcellency: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Then you want a country with 19 Christian Governors and 17+1 Muslim Governors to be governed by Muslim/Muslim brotherhood.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Elimon(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:
If your zone is a blanket Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim, shut up! You have not respected diversity locally where it matters most, and have no earned authority to demand for it at where it matters less at national level.

What if there are no identifiable Muslims in my place... Eg Akwa Ibom state. So I shouldn't be concerned too... Useme
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
Elimon:

What if there are no identifiable Muslims in my place... Eg Akwa Ibom state. So I shouldn't be concerned too... Useme

So there are no mosques at all in Akwa Ibom?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ojuntana:

What is inclusion and diversity when you have states that elevate a certain religion above all others contrary to the spirit of the constitution?
Or is inclusion and diversity only relevant when discussing political posts?

The heads of the three branches of our national government are Muslims. Are we still discussing inclusion and diversity?

The Presidential candidate of APC is Muslim and from SW. If you look at the record of this candidate when he was governor it is evident he practiced inclusion and had a diverse culture in his administration. He also passed it down as a legacy in deployments throughout SW. So it doesn't matter if PDP is in power or APC, whether the governor is Christian or Muslim, the Southwest is always observing inclusion and we carry others along. Because we do not discriminate other regions and people find refuge first in our region.

Tinubu is a cultured advocate of inclusion. He has always done right by Christians and Muslims alike. What makes people think he will not do right and carry them along when he presides over the nation?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Elimon(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

So there are no mosques at all in Akwa Ibom?
Occupied by non indegene Muslims... Esp from the north... And strictly at northern quarters.
There are no indegenes who are Muslims.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
Elimon:

Occupied by non indegene Muslims... Esp from the north... And strictly at northern quarters.
There are no indegenes who are Muslims.

Do you believe Tinubu will include Christians in his administration?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by ArewaNorth: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Yes

It's even foolish to be asking this especially Kwara which is almost extension of Yoruba state

Atiku 2023, say no to pastor husband muslim

What do you mean by extension of Yoruba state?
Do you want to tell me Yorubas are Christians?
Whatever the case may be, Muslim will definitely become Nigeria's President, so vote wisely cool
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Honjoshy4u: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
shariff84:
no body born of a woman will say Muslim-muslim ticket is no no. Highest if you don't want it ,you can vote ur choice.
Like wise christian-christian ticket if north do want it,they vote against it.

I am saying No No because it won't fly in today's Naija. Sane Nigerians have rejected it on arrival. Even Buhari that had cult followers from the North no try am.

Tinubu is an old greedy man. The west have been there for 16yrs.... NE have not thirsted Presidency. They will not abandon their brother. And I'm sure Osinbajo block will never canvass for such evil, insensitive muslim-muslim ticket
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Ojuntana: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

The Presidential candidate of APC is Muslim and from SW. If you look at the record of this candidate when he was governor it is evident he practiced inclusion and had a diverse culture in his administration. He also passed it down as a legacy in deployments throughout SW. So it doesn't matter if PDP is in power or APC, whether the governor is Christian or Muslim, the Southwest is always observing inclusion and we carry others along. Because we do not discriminate other regions and people find refuge first in our region.

Tinubu is a cultured advocate of inclusion. He has always done right by Christians and Muslims alike. What makes people think he will not do right and carry them along when he presides over the nation?
What I find funny is that it is you southern Muslims that are defending this obvious choice forced on Tinubu by Northern Muslim govs while the Northern elements who are the enforcers of the bigotry are keeping mute. Do you guys even realize the joke is actually on you guys? The northern Muslims obviously are telling you that you are not Muslim enough to represent them in the religious equation of Nigeria.
You do realize that southern Christians were asking Tinubu to pick a northern Christian for religious balance in his ticket. This implies that Southern Christians recognize Northern Christians as part of the Christian community in Nigeria and believe they have the capacity to represent Christian interests in Nigeria as a whole.
Meanwhile Northern Muslims are saying Tinubu being a Southern Muslim does not represent them. They need a northern Muslim to feel represented in government. May I then ask you southern Muslims if you are not the real victims of this particular move? Is it not then obvious that Buhari never represented you then in the eyes of his kinsmen. He only represented the Northern Muslims.
You should feel the most insulted by this move. It clearly shows Southern Muslims are second class Muslims in Nigeria if not, the emergence of Tinubu should have been enough to placate the Muslim interest in his ticket.
The issue is not with Tinubu really though the buck stops ultimately with him. The truth is Southern Christians have nothing to lose with the emergence of a Tinubu presidency. It is the northern Christians and Christians living in the North who come under more serious threats of persecution with the emergence of a Muslim Muslim ticket. These are those we Christians in the South are fighting for and telling Tinubu that they matter too. We want a Northern Christian VP. It is enough for us as a Southern Muslim President should be enough for Northern Muslims too. That is the basic line of nation building we are pushing!!
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Truthisunique2: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
ArewaNorth:

What do you mean by extension of Yoruba state?
Do you want to tell me Yorubas are Christians?
Whatever the case may be, Muslim will definitely become Nigeria's President, so vote wisely cool
I don't have a problem with atiku as president

I support atiku, the unity of this country is better managed under PDP ticket
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ojuntana:

What I find funny is that it is you southern Muslims that are defending this obvious choice forced on Tinubu by Northern Muslim govs while the Northern elements who are the enforcers of the bigotry are keeping mute. Do you guys even realize the joke is actually on you guys? The northern Muslims obviously are telling you that you are not Muslim enough to represent them in the religious equation of Nigeria.
You do realize that southern Christians were asking Tinubu to pick a northern Christian for religious balance in his ticket. This implies that Southern Christians recognize Northern Christians as part of the Christian community in Nigeria and believe they have the capacity to represent Christian interests in Nigeria as a whole.
Meanwhile Northern Muslims are saying Tinubu being a Southern Muslim does not represent them. They need a northern Muslim to feel represented in government. May I then ask you southern Muslims if you are not the real victims of this particular move? Is it not then obvious that Buhari never represented you then in the eyes of his kinsmen. He only represented the Northern Muslims.
You should feel the most insulted by this move. It clearly shows Southern Muslims are second class Muslims in Nigeria if not, the emergence of Tinubu should have been enough to placate the Muslim interest in his ticket.
The issue is not with Tinubu really though the buck stops ultimately with him. The truth is Southern Christians have nothing to lose with the emergence of a Tinubu presidency. It is the northern Christians and Christians living in the North who come under more serious threats of persecution with the emergence of a Muslim Muslim ticket. These are those we Christians in the South are fighting for and telling Tinubu that they matter too. We want a Northern Christian VP. It is enough for us as a Southern Muslim President should be enough for Northern Muslims too. That is the basic line of nation building we are pushing!!

I wish you had as much as a quarter of this page to write after Atiku stole Southern turn at primary, aided by Southerners who had beforehand met and agreed they will not conceed the primary to non-Southerner.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Elimon(m): 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Do you believe Tinubu will include Christians in his administration?

I'm no Tinubu supporter, I'm not stupid.
But if he won... Which is very possible, you can screenshot.
He will include Christians in his cabinet.
But I don't want him to win tho
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Ojuntana: 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

I wish you had as much as a quarter of this page to write after Atiku stole Southern turn at primary, aided by Southerners who had beforehand met and agreed they will not conceed the primary to non-Southerner.
Fine. Atiku "stole" southern turn at PDP which is debatable because the last PDP president was a Southerner. Also, Tinubu contested against notherners as well chief of which is Ahmad Lawan, the choice of the northern cabal. It could have gone either way there as well. As a matter of fact, it was still a victory for the North because it's now obvious from events that Tinubu is a candidate of the north than the South APC.
But that is not the bone of contention. Atiku was able to balance his ticket by appointing a southern Christian to complement him, while a southern Muslim still needs a northern Muslim to be acceptable in the North.
Let me ask you an hypothetical question. If a nothern Muslim from a minority tribe like nupe or eggon were to emerge, will the northern establishment ask him to pick a core nothern Muslim to be acceptable to northern Muslim voters or they'll take him as good enough. If yes, does that not mean even a Nupe Muslim or ebira Muslim is even superior to a southern Muslim in the eyes of the north?
It is this obvious segregation that you southern Muslims especially the Yoruba Muslims should be pissed at.
Note. The problem is not coming from the northern Christians not having the numbers. It's the fact that the northern Muslim does not see the southern Muslim as Muslim enough to represent him at the national political table.
It's farcical
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by patroit001(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Diversity is about inclusion, not population.

The reason governments do population count around the world is to determine how to scale social welfare programs by demography....births, age group, income, deaths and their changes up or down.

In Nigeria we use population wrongly. We intimidate, abuse and cheat with it. The govt never use it to budget programs for income brackets or to improve education funding by age brackets.

Im saying this so you will understand that population is a very important public policy just as diversity and inclusion is but the two are separate and should not be confused or used interchangeably. In fact they should not be mixed.

During a count people are asked to provide information about their faith. It is optional, not mandatory. A person can say I don't want to identify my faith. This is provisioned so to protect individuals from harrassment and attack. On the other hand, giving birth information and gender is required.

As I have said in earlier post, people have a right to thrive and live a dignified life. That right is promoted through inclusion.

If you review my earlier posts in this thread I mentioned in one of them that my original intent was to present this diversity map at the local level. That is, the grassroot level. I completed it as a draft and noticed its length would be impractical to post here so I recomposed it at State and Zonal level and brought here.

In review, I found even in NE zone where Muslim is overwhelmingly a majority there are Christians in their legislatures. Similarly in SS with overwhelmingly Christian faiths I found Muslims serving as legislators. SE is the only zone with zero face of Muslim.

SE has a very long lesson to learn. Muslims in that region need to thrive and have a sense of dignity about themselves. The governments of SE can do more and transform society.

I fear Christianization of society from a SE President more than I fear Islamization of Nigeria from a Muslim President from any zone.

In all honesty, I admire the composure in your writing and tone. How can I disagree with someone with such a literary prowess. But I think you digressed from my major point of disagreement. If I am right, you categorically stated that anyone who has same fate ticket at state level will be an hypocrite to criticize same fate ticket at federal level. At state level, they are more concern about geographical spread majorly senatorial district not religion. No state is as divided along religion line as Nigeria.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Naajjii: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
excanny:

Nigeria is a majority Christian country. It’s counterpart to what politicians want us to believe.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
patroit001:

In all honesty, I admire the composure in your writing and tone. How can I disagree with someone with such a literary prowess. But I think you digressed from my major point of disagreement. If I am right, you categorically stated that anyone who has same fate ticket at state level will be an hypocrite to criticize same fate ticket at federal level. At state level, they are more concern about geographical spread majorly senatorial district not religion. No state is as divided along religion line as Nigeria.

If we ask indigeneous Christians in NW zone to report how they are treated by governments in that zone, would they give a good report or a bad one? Repeat the exercise in SS and SE.

Hear direct from the horse's mouth.

If indigeneous muslims in SE give poor report it should be interpreted as non-inclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does Petrol Cost In Your Area? / Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka / MAI TA TSINE, The Story Of Nigeria’s Religious Terror Of The 1980s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.