Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre (8378 Views)

Fuel Queues Persist In Abuja, Black Marketers Sell For ₦300/Litre / Kaduna Residents Groan As Black Marketers Sell Petrol At ₦1,000/Litre / Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by adenigga(m): 5:28am On Jul 12, 2022
The lingering fuel scarcity worsened in some parts of the country with motorists buying petrol between N300 and N350-litre in Abuja on Monday.

Some Abuja residents, who spoke with our correspondent, lamented the spike in the price of PMS as well as the difficulties experienced in accessing the product.

A motorist, who gave his name as Michael Adebanjo, said black marketeers were selling fuel between N300 to N350 as of Monday.

He said, “I’ve been buying from black marketeers between N300 to N350 per litre. There is no fuel in most filling stations in Abuja. The ones that have, there’s a very long queue. Since, I don’t have the time to wait, I often resort to the black market.”

Another motorist, who gave his name as Ubong Edet, said that while he was able to buy the product for N250 at a filling station over the weekend, difficulty in accessing it forced him to buy at N300 per litre at the black market.

“I bought for N250 on Saturday. I had to join a very long queue before I could even get it that day. Today, it was even more difficult. The queues are something else. So I decided to buy black market today. I bought it for N300 per litre.”

In Abuja, Khalif filling station in Kubwa, had dispensed the commodity at N250/litre on Sunday but had N165/litre displayed on its pumps. But once a motorist tells the fuel attendant the amount he or she wishes to buy, this would be calculated based on black market rate.

The queues for petrol in Abuja has never ceased since February this year, but it grew worse in neighbouring states of Nasarawa and Niger on Sunday as motorists search for PMS to use to move around during the Sallah break.

Oil marketers denied claims of products’ hoarding or diversion, as they stressed that the insufficient supply of PMS by NNPC and the non-payment of bridging claims for the transportation of petrol were the key reasons for the scarcity.

The President, Petroleum Products Retail Outlets owners Association of Nigeria, Billy Gillis-Harry, told our correspondent that filling stations that had products were dispensing, while those that were shut had no petrol to sell.

However, further checks show that the queues for Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol, reduced in some parts of Abuja and neighbouring Nasarawa and Niger states on Monday as more filling stations dispensed the product to motorists.

It was observed that more filling stations on the Kubwa-Zuba road, Airport Road, Central Business District, among other locations in Abuja had reduced queues on Monday.

Retail outlets such as AY Shafa in Deidei, NNPC mega station along Kubwa-Zuba road, Major Oil on Airport Road, and many others dispensed petrol to motorists.

The reduced queues, according to marketers, may be due to the fewer number of vehicles on the roads as many residents of the capital city were believed to have travelled to observe the Sallah break outside Abuja.

The National Secretary, Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Chief John Kekeocha, however, stated that more trucks had loaded products and were heading Abuja.

He told our correspondent that “we are hopeful that very soon the queues in Abuja and environs will clear if all things remain equal and there is no continued agitation for payment of bridging claims.

“On price disparity, this is because many marketers bought their products at higher rates above what was approved by the government and they have to get the required margin in order to remain in business.”

Kekeocha added, “However, there has been no official pronouncement of any review in petrol price whether upward or otherwise. So the official price of petrol still remains at the N165/litre government-approved rate.”
Source: https://punchng.com/Fuel-scarcity-worsens-Abuja-black-marketers-sell-N350/litre

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by CanadaOrBust: 5:29am On Jul 12, 2022
Vote APC!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by temitope27(m): 5:36am On Jul 12, 2022
Noted
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Siberia01(m): 5:37am On Jul 12, 2022

Oil rich country

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by DispatcherLagos: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2022
Will Nigeria ever be good?

Please if you sell or have the contact of where I can get teabags rolls kindly inform me

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:38am On Jul 12, 2022
Una never chichumtin

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by PlayMaker14: 5:40am On Jul 12, 2022
Are you still contemplating whether or not to vote Peter Obi?

Or you want the Iragbiji urinating machine called Tinubu to decide your future?

Don't be left out...

Vote Labour Party

Vote for Peter Obi.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by DispatcherLagos: 5:40am On Jul 12, 2022
grin

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Nukilia: 5:42am On Jul 12, 2022
These politicians have ruined the country

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by jrobbins: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2022
I hope APC urchins have theor own special fuel station they buy at lesser price, since they don't know that policies affects everyone in the country

23 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by EKONGKING: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2022
Enjoy .

God will deliver Nigeria , just produce like pigs and blame whites.
problem solved
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Maxymilliano(m): 5:50am On Jul 12, 2022
With the unprecedented and unimaginable suffering and hardship wrought upon the masses by this failed administration, APC does not deserve a space on the ballot paper.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Easy2pips: 5:56am On Jul 12, 2022
I brought 15 liters 4,550 yesterday night Lagos mainland cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by sseunth(m): 6:03am On Jul 12, 2022
this APC tho

I am still waiting to know what they will use to campaign as part of their achievements for 8years

No electricity
Bad road
ASUU, NASU and SSANU strike
Fuel scarcity
Insecurity
High rate of inflation

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Elsueno: 6:03am On Jul 12, 2022
lol, Maikanti barau d former GMD is simply a genius, how did he keep fuel affordable, without long queues at filling stations is simply marvelous.....dis current one came with his self appointed integrity & tape bullshyt but all he brought was insistent fuel scarcity, adulterated fuel etc...very controversial gmd

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by APCnaPDP: 6:06am On Jul 12, 2022
And Nigerians want to vote for APC. It seems like Nigerians are not tired of suffering and do not want a good country at all. No need to even talk again self. You want APC right? Vote for them. I can assure you that Buhari will be better than Tinubu. Buhari is feared by people and is respected a lot in the North but that can’t be said of Tinubu. Nigerians go see shege.

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by KosiGee(m): 6:07am On Jul 12, 2022
Nigerians should brace up. It’s going to get worse, really worse.
Don’t wait or depend on any politician to bring any respite. Their rescue plans are not designed to pull Nigeria out of the quick sand. Nigeria will sink deeper. This is not pessimism, it’s reality.

If you have the means, relocate, relocate and relocate. Don’t look back.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by 40fy: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2022

**Shit, in the fûckin' capital too??

**I hate you, Ritzybeauty

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by SmartPolician: 6:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Buhari doesn't care anymore. When you tell these people that leadership is tough, they will go ahead and vote for old people from their tribe.

Afterwards, they will subject even those who didn't vote for the old men to excruciating economic anguish. Being the president of a country is the most difficult job in the world.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by FORHII: 6:16am On Jul 12, 2022
Ehen!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by NotKnown: 6:20am On Jul 12, 2022
APC: Top to Bottom

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by adenigga(m): 6:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Iragbiji urinating machine called Tinubu
[/quote]
Yeeee.......

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Dynamicbliss: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2022
It's well
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Eddygourdo(m): 6:31am On Jul 12, 2022
Vote for APC. Vote for a continuation of suffering , prove to them that you deserve all they have done to you this past years and should do more. Vote an older man who is even more clueless , Vote a man for whom the presidency is a personal ambition and not a call to serve.

People will eat other people if Tinubu enters there. I will make it a point of duty to never render help to anyone after 2023. You must suffer the consequences of your choices or lack of good choices.

If you are smart, fight for your future. Listen to the candidates, leave tribe and religion, we are all.humans and will all be dead in 120 years. Vote a man who will start the process of healing Nigeria.

Vote out APC and PDP. They have been there and we have suffered for it.

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by OkCornel(m): 6:33am On Jul 12, 2022
It’s a lie joor.

Nigeria is swimming in crude oil and fuel.
Light is steady 247.
Everybody is gainfully employed.

Vote Tinubu for President cheesy
Vote APC cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Moneyboyz: 6:38am On Jul 12, 2022
It's 200 naira per liter here in Sango OTA.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by fasho01(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2022
This is terrible
Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by Tb222(m): 6:58am On Jul 12, 2022
Hmmmn i want to declareee a fufilled day by the power of christ to all nairalanders..Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre by emmanuelbrown26: 6:59am On Jul 12, 2022
Beautiful, this is d good one. We must buy it. Abeg anybody wey go complain mak en go en village go ride bicycle, where are d urchins that supported 4+4? Hope say una get special fuel station. Una eyes never clear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vistajet To Invest $150m In Nigeria’s Aviation Sector / Ogoni Clean-up: Nothing Has Started... / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Demands John Odigie-oyegun Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.