Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,386 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Do Past Presidents Or Opposition Party Not Help The Sitting President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Past Presidents Or Opposition Party Not Help The Sitting President? (231 Views)

Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Past Presidents Or Opposition Party Not Help The Sitting President? by aboyaji(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2022
I've asked myself countless times why most past presidents or opposition party do not contribute in helping the sitting president.

Nigeria as a case study has being the harbinger of violence from opposition parties. These activities of theirs usually run throughout the tenure of the sitting government.

It's been alleged that most opposition go as far as setting up forces that fights against the present government, causing havok and rendering the government reckless. While the present government tries its own best to keep the nation afloat.

This has become a norm in Nigeria till today.

I was expecting from my own lifestyle to help a moving train. If I had a useful contribution to make towards a better nation, as a bigwig or politician or one with great repute, I would reach out to the people in power with such ideas.

How on earth could one go on and stir up a murky water (bokoharam, ISIS etc) in the name of tarnishing the image of a government?

What happened to helping the government from your locality?
Re: Why Do Past Presidents Or Opposition Party Not Help The Sitting President? by meobizy(f): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
If such is the norm it will benefit the populace. A satisfied people will always demand more. This would mean bigger shoes for the next person to fill. Abeg, leave the masses in want so they praise you for any morsel thrown. It has worked throughout time and will continue to. Solving issues is hard, creating them is easy.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketeers Sell N350/litre / I Am An American Citizen / 20 APC Members Decamp To PDP, Governor Uzodinma Sacks 27 Imo IMC Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.