Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket (2863 Views)

We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Kingspin(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
Dear Nigeria Muslims, I greet you all with all sincerity of heart and goodwill. I know you might have a busy schedule, but please take a little time to read this letter.

Firstly, I'm an Igbo man from Nnewi, Anambra. I am a freeborn igbo, born into a Catholic family. But as I grew older and wiser, later I denounced the catholic way to become a protestant Christian after I realized Catholicism was paganism in disguise because we were taught to worship Mary and bow to her statue.

If you think I'm lying, just visit any Catholic parish on Sunday and during weekly prayers for a month and see things for yourself. Then judge the truth by yourself whether they have statues of Mary and whether they bow to Mary's statue or not. But that's even aside.

Now to the matter at hand.

Since Tinubu won the APC primaries, there has been an unprecedented attack on his personality and religion from social media bandits from the Southeast region in particular. My people have said all manner of unprintable things against a Muslim/Muslim ticket.

This extreme level of hatred and unjustified prejudice culminated into full blown political war against Tinubu's candidacy and presidential ambition when over the past weekend he eventually chose a Muslim as VP in the person of senator Shettima.

Tinubu haters from the East want you to never mind Shettima's pedigree, never mind his competence, never mind his political track record as 2 time Borno Governor and sitting senator, who was a known performer, ethno-religiously inclusive and a progressive minded person with nation building and developmental strides in Borno State and beyond.

Shettima's only sin that has attracted so much bile, indignation and hatred to him is because he is Muslim. They hate him and scream across every channel that people should not vote for Tinubu/Shettima because they are both Muslims.

Well, dear Nigerian Muslims, do you know that since the democratic era began within Nigeria in 1999, only the Southwest and North have had governors from different religions. There have been Muslim and Christian governors and deputy governors in the West and North. This proves that these 2 regions are ethno-religiously tolerant.

But since 1999 till today, there has never been a Muslim governor in the entire Southeast. There has never even been a Muslim deputy governor in the entire Southeast. 5 states, think about it. Yet my tribe are the ones championing hatred against a Muslim/Muslim ticket but the Southeast has always run with Christian/Christian ticket from 1999 till today. Igbo Muslims are extremely discriminated against and treated like pariahs in the East, outcasts on their own lands that dare not aspire for any political position. And even if they did, they will never be supported.

Are these the kind of people you would take advice from when they say don't vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket? Rise up now and defend your Faith, get your PVCs and defend Islam by voting for Tinubu/Shettima for presidency in 2023 elections.

I'm Igbo and I know my tribe very well. If they had the political advantage in Nigeria the North has, there will be no religious freedom, they will oppress and sideline other religions that are not Catholic. This is what caused problem between Nnamdi Kanu and Asari Dokubo. Kanu wanted an exclusively Christian Biafra without Islam or Muslims. Asari said No, Muslims are part of Biafra. This was was caused their problem and made them to part ways.

Don't listen to those that say don't vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket when the same hypocrites have been voting for only Christian/Christian ticket in the East since 1999. Defend your religion and vote for Tinubu/Shettima.

Before your forefathers were born this geography has been like that in the East. Nature.
In Jos, they are mixed like Kaduna, so it is not hand made it is the way it is.

Accept your differences and move forward
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Madmohamed123: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mr man be proud of where you come from..
Some of you who want to be igbo forget that if your not igbo you can never behave like igbo we are soo proud of where we come from.

So proud to take anybody to my village I'm not yeruba and God forbid i will never be

Why is it any yeruba man you found outside the country allways from Lagos

Why are you people not proud of where you come from
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by KingofAnambra: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kingspin:
Before your forefathers were born this geography has been like that in the East. Nature.
In Jos, they are mixed like Kaduna, so it is not hand made it is the way it is.

Accept your differences and move forward
At least, you admit the truth that we Igbos are the most tribalistic and religiously intolerant tribe in Nigeria. So, yeah, let's move on like we always have instead of dealing with our problems. And let's blame others for it as usual. I totally get it, after all, I'm Igbo too, probably the black sheep of my clan who doesn't give af anyways. So I'm gonna chill with this ethno-religious problem in the SE a bit. Thanks but no thanks! undecided
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by emettang: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Yakubu Dogara ( He returned to APC B/C of the permutation of becoming VP)
simon lalong ( A sitting Governor)
Boss Mustapha ( Adamawa State projected him for VP slot)

Beside, you dont contest to become Vice President or Deputy Governor. The principal pick his running mate based on equity majorly

ElSudani:

Name any northern Christian who "contested" to be Tinubu's vice president. What you are all saying is that Tinubu should find one regardless. Same way, south easterners must find a Muslim regardless.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by funb01: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
The OP is nothing but a paid agent

Are Igbos the only people complaining about this Muslim-Muslim ticket. If you are not being mischievous, why are you trying to set up a part of the south(the Igbos) against the entire North?

Northerners have always seen Yoruba Muslims as minorities in the entire South. So, why didn't you make your comparison about the north vs south, and tell me how many Muslims have headed top elective positions in the entire south.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
There's something about Islam that damages the brain and makes adherents fundamentally immune to common sense. Just imagine.

1 Like

Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Arthurity1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
How can they be in politics when you tribalistic religious bigots have ostracized them completely. Most Igbo Muslims in the East can't even publicly express their religious freedom to avoid oppression and ridicule from you religiously intolerant bandits. If the political environment was accommodating and friendly to Igbo Muslims, they would have been participating in Southeast politics. No single senator or rep Member in the East is Igbo Muslim, not even 1 local government chairman, which shows how much religious bigotry we Igbos have.
Do you know how idiotic and myopic you are? Muslim igbos are extremely rare... Even though, how does the statistics add up? You must be a retarded idiot to think that people who aren't more than 0.5% of the total population of igbos would somehow make 50% of the political class... How does that make sense in your head?! And don't give me that nonsense of "unconducive environment" if you are competent, we will vote for you, after all we threw our weight in support of a Fulani Muslim in Yar'adua... We don't do religious politics down here.
You stupid hypocrite... Calling us religious bigots, but picked a Boko Haram sponsor as running mate
Calling us religious bigots, but you have chosen to turn a blind eye to the killings of christians in northern Nigeria, especially in southern kaduna.
Calling us religious bigots, but there has been no christian - christian or muslim - christian in the NW.
Calling us religious bigots, yet you call anyone that supports Obi "ipob"... Even though most of Obi's support comes from non-igbos.
Calling us religious bigots, yet you expect us to vote for candidates that have sworn to "deal with the igbos"
Calling us religious bigots, yet you are the ones that are attacking churches and killing christians unprovoked.
Calling us religious bigots, yet you are the ones that plotted the assassination of northern christian governors.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Arthurity1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
Naajjii:

Nyamiri this is your handwork ,resorting to insulting people. Am sure you are one of those Ipod Esn unknown gunmen terrorists. There are alot of Igbo Muslims in South east. Go and find out yourself.
Why can't you answer my question. Why did Peter Obi go for a candidate from north west? First he wanted Kwankwaso but Kwankwaso felt he can't be deputy to him, he then went for Baba Ahme from the same region? Why didn't he go for a northern Christian or for a north east or north central candidate. You people think you are smart you want to use the population of north west and fulani and voting strength to win election. The same region you people have been insulting ,calling jihadist, Dan folio decesdants that are all about taking over your land and spreading Islam.
Why are you nyamiri comfortable pairing with Jihadist?
Because unlike you brainless Tinubu urchins that vote only based off religious and tribal bigotry, we can work with anyone that is competent and has the interest of the people at heart.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Prosper123: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
ElSudani:

Christians are minorities in the north but they still manage to produce a governor and other high elective office holders. Why are there no Muslim office holders at all in the south-east?
Those who come to equity must come with clean hands.
for your information, many people from the south East have not seen an indigenous Muslim face to face, just online. Ask many. Where are the Muslims here
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by derecho(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mention where in the north where they produced Governor as minorities.
Ask how it happened in Kaduna and how he was killed.
I hope you ain't planning to mention Middle belt states?
ElSudani:

Christians are minorities in the north but they still manage to produce a governor and other high elective office holders. Why are there no Muslim office holders at all in the south-east?
Those who come to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by KingofAnambra: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
derecho:
Mention where in the north where they produced Governor as minorities.
Ask how it happened in Kaduna and how he was killed.
I hope you ain't planning to mention Middle belt states?
Boni Haruna (Christian) - former Governor Adamawa State undecided
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Kingspin(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
At least, you admit the truth that we Igbos are the most tribalistic and religiously intolerant tribe in Nigeria. So, yeah, let's move on like we always have instead of dealing with our problems. And let's blame others for it as usual. I totally get it, after all, I'm Igbo too, probably the black sheep of my clan who doesn't give af anyways. So I'm gonna chill with this ethno-religious problem in the SE a bit. Thanks but no thanks! undecided
You can also accuse God for creating you a man or woman.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by derecho(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
I was waiting for you to mention Adamawa, so you don't know the population of Christians in Adamawa?
Is it because Christians in the north don't make noise?
KingofAnambra:
Boni Haruna (Christian) - former Governor Adamawa State undecided
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by ElSudani: 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
emettang:
Yakubu Dogara ( He returned to APC B/C of the permutation of becoming VP)
simon lalong ( A sitting Governor)
Boss Mustapha ( Adamawa State projected him for VP slot)

Beside, you dont contest to become Vice President or Deputy Governor. The principal pick his running mate based on equity majorly

Perhaps you didn't see "contested" in quote or you just ignored it.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Naajjii: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Arthurity1:

Because unlike you brainless Tinubu urchins that vote only based off religious and tribal bigotry, we can work with anyone that is competent and has the interest of the people at heart.
you think you can decieve us. Atiku will be your next president whether you like it or not. Hausa fulani and Muslims are no longer jihadist, terrorists anymore, now that you want nyamiri to be president?Why didnt Obi pick a northern Christian as his running mate?
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by Scholes007(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
I will tell you if you can just mention 1 since 1999 democracy, just one local government chairman in any of the entire 5 Eastern states that is an Igbo Muslim undecided
kettle calling pot black. There's is no point in what you are saying.
Re: Dear Muslims, Since 1999 Southeast Governors Are All Christian/christian Ticket by KingofAnambra: 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hedonini:
There's something about Islam that damages the brain and makes adherents fundamentally immune to common sense. Just imagine.
Dear Nigerian Muslims here's what another IPOB candidate Peter Obi supporter thinks about you. They are tired of pretending and can't hide their hatred anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking! Police Arrest IPOB ESN Gunman In Kastina State Northern Nigeria-pics / US Congratulates Tinubu / Igbos And Yorubas (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.