Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? (8313 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Jman3(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2011
Foofoo and pancake grin
Carrot and Iceblock grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Juniorroged(m): 10:39am On Aug 03, 2011
I always eat popcorn and soaked garri
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2011
i have eaten bread and coconut
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by chelseabmw(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2011
hehehehehehehehe. . . . . .Nigerians
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2011
av u ever tried ewedu with salad oh wot a combination!!!
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by ljila(f): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2011
tpia@:

i used to consider this strange until i had rice pudding.

rice isnt eaten with sugar in nigeria.

this isnt really strange, imo.
It kinda is in a form. There´s a way it is had in the north, ever heard of kunun shinkafa? Rice boiled with some peanut butter+ tamarind/lemon with sugar/sweetener to taste. Also, boiled rice put in the traditional "Nono" (cow milk) * sugar, gorgeous stuff

I didn´t know anyone but me who´s done it that's why i put it up  smiley
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by blank(f): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2011
Saw someone eating egusi and jollof rice. Also seen beans and bread, beans and custard, bread and fish, etc.

The ones i ate; eko (agidi) and akara. My mum used to make us eat this as kids and i hated it. That is why now, i can not stand agidi though i can eat akara small small. She also made us eat white rice and egusi. That woman sef. My friend made me eat Indomie and Ugu. I gave her indomie to make for me cos i was very busy. Came and saw Ugu inside. Was very hungry so had to eat it. My belly ran for 2 days. No try am o, u go hate yourself.
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by tlo(f): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
I've seen pple eat

eba and egg stew
amala, okro and dodo
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by kindla(f): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2011
soaked garri with tom tom
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Owugal(f): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
alubosa and garri
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by tpia5: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ ijila

those sound good.

Especially the one with lemon. I dont think i ever tried that though i may have heard of it.

Rice with milk and sugar is pudding, basically. Not usually eaten that way in southern nigeria.
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
semo and akara
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by otiigba1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by ljila(f): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
tpia@:

@ ijila

those sound good.

Especially the one with lemon. I dont think i ever tried that though i may have heard of it.

Rice with milk and sugar is pudding, basically. Not usually eaten that way in southern nigeria.

Its gorgeous, you should try it when u have the chance, i 4 email am for u if i fit lol
Its our northern 9ja pudding then  grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by johnshagb(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
BP:

Bread and Banana. I actually don't see anything wrong with this but when I told someone I ate this, he laughed and laughed and laughed till I felt nearly foolish
I love that combo too. told one of my guys bout it n he cant stop laughing, guess am not the only wierdo here.
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Tonyfrom: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2011
Eba and oily beans grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by LaconicINC: 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
Lizard barbecue with well garnished crowcroach as dessert!
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by LaconicINC: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
Try coke and banana! Delicious!!
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by LaconicINC: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2011
Has anyone tasted snake meat! Tastes like chicken actually.Especially cobra!
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by mojounited(m): 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
Chinese egg yung foo and pounded yam. .hehe
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by EfeEkarume(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2011
tpia@:

^^not cool to laugh at a mad person. undecided
Tpia, I beg oh, am not mad oh. I hate the apple eve gave adam too, my eyes have open.
Hot Jane:

Rice n groundnut
, or sprinkled sugar on Jollof rice.
Kazashi:

[size=8pt][/size] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedas for me,, av taken garden egg nd bama << mayonise>>
Baked panadol plus alligator pepper.
Juniorroged:

I always eat popcorn and soaked garri
Fufu and grinded fried rice. Hmmmm!
Kristty:

av u ever tried ewedu with salad oh wot a combination!!!
Imagine making Nutri-C with your urine. Chow!
mojounited:

Chinese egg yung foo and pounded yam. .hehe
LaconicINC:

Try coke and banana! Delicious!!
LaconicINC:

Lizard barbecue with well garnished crowcroach as dessert!
Tony from:

Eba and oily beans grin
PURGING unending like waterfalls.
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by tpia5: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Tpia, I beg oh, am not mad oh.

how do you know that?
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by EfeEkarume(m): 5:47am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

how do you know that?
See past WAEC question oh!
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by nk(f): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2011
garri and fried egg
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by LaconicINC: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
Pap and boiled egg! Ate that two days ago
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by binhozie(m): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2011
boiled yam and okro soup
White rice with egusi soup as stew

I initially laughed off these combinations, till i ate them myself
delicious grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2011
I remember back in Malaysia I had these Chinese friends and they invited me over once. . . .They were having rice with okro and asked me to join them. . .I made excuses that I ate already. . .

1 Like

Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by holums(m): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:
i think i may have tried kulikuli with bread before, though i'm not sure.
Bread and ground nut is common not kuli kuli but I've seen a friend of mine eating Yam with pear
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by sopufischer: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Ucee1999: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
symbianDON:
hi peeps! ever had to eat a weird combination of food or ever seen anyone do that? let's post it here. i ll set the ball rolling:
seen folks eat these combinations
pap and kulikuli
boiled corn and tea
beer and bread

Mine was bread and yam grin grin grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Ucee1999: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
symbianDON:
someone once told me her favourite is starch and black soup with monkey hand!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat? by Ucee1999: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2020
otiigba1:
roasted mosquito and custard with maggi cube grin grin grin grin

You are sick grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Sausages For Sale, Delivery Anywhere Within Lagos. / What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / Differences Between Johnnie Walker Red Label And Black Label.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.