Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner (21698 Views)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / The Poorest State In Nigeria / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Noghayin03(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
Yes Ekiti is a small state with no major mineral resources n industries,bt yet there r so many positive things there,
*D people r nice,friendly and hospitable.
*little or no crime rate(infact while i was there during my nysc,i heard of a single robbery incident n d people started closing shops in far away n driving goats inside.Even banks @ Ikole didnt work 4 3days.Infact i was amazingly amazed cos its no deal ova here.
*Agricultural viability.
*Good climatic condition.
*Tourism potentials
*Good topography.Etc
All dis cud b annexed 4 maximum dev.Long live Ekiti.Yes Ekiti is a small state with no major mineral resources n industries,bt yet there r so many positive things there,
*little or no crime rate(infact while i was there during my nysc,i heard of a single robbery incident n d people started closing shops in far away n driving goats inside.Even banks @ Ikole didnt work 4 3days.Infact i was amazingly amazed cos its no deal ova here.
*Agricultural viability.
*Tourism potentials
*Good topography.Etc
All dis cud b annexed 4 maximum dev.Long live Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
So , the Ekiti commissioner talk am? Politicians don start to tell people not to expect much from them. They knew this, when they were promising heaven on earth during campaigns. Nigerian politicians no get heaven.  
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
Noghayin03:

Yes Ekiti is a small state with no major mineral resources n industries,bt yet there r so many positive things there,
*Agricultural viability.
*Tourism potentials
*Good topography.Etc
All dis cud b annexed 4 maximum dev.Long live Ekiti.Yes Ekiti is a small state with no major mineral resources n industries,bt yet there r so many positive things there,
*Agricultural viability.
*Tourism potentials
*Good topography.Etc

Then you guys should start converting the above to cash, yes cash that is what matters or stop disturbing us here with your poverty issues. I never knew you guys had agricultural land still you guys are still starving, drinking only white garri.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

You got it right. Your people need to be enlightened on the need to move away from lagos to develop their states of origin, just like the Igbos does. From far and wide Igbos travel back to their[b] home states [/b] to develop[b] it[/b]. No wonder except for lagos, from Ibadan to akure to osogbo to abeokuta to ekiti wears the same outlook, so much of under-development, poor infrastructure, poor real estate development. each time I pass thru Yoruba states it reminds me of stone age era. The region is wallowing is stark neglect and poverty.

Ig.bos are known for poor grammar and lies. Yours needs divine deliverance.   grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
airmark:

Igbos are known for poor grammar and lies. Yours needs divine deliverance. grin grin grin
Monkey, concentrate on the topic and do not involve the Igbo.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by PointB: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
Noghayin03:

Some other states too fall in same cateogory

Most people (well, with exception to some Northern states, that derive sadist pleasure in murdering themselves and their guest. I hope they are thought good lesson by JTF and maybe Apkot (or whatever their name is)

*little or no crime rate(infact while i was there during my nysc,[b]i heard of a single robbery incident n d people started closing shops in far away  n driving goats inside.Even banks @ Ikole didnt work 4 3days.I[/b]nfact i was amazingly amazed cos its no deal ova here.

Paranoia is not a positive

*Agricultural viability.
Which state isn't?

Crap.

*Tourism potentials

Have you ever heard of 'slum tourism"

*Good topography.Etc

Whatever that means!

This is the most important you have said so far. Question is: What are you waiting for? Immigrants?  grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by marocguy(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
una dey speak 2 much grammer. Where is ileke-idi?
Where is ileke-idi? Where is ileke-idick?
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
This verbosity is getting out of hand. Where is Ekti_bear, eko ile and the rest of Yoruba mushroomers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Chyz2: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ekiti is officially the nigerian Somalia. grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

Then you guys should start converting the above to cash, yes cash that is what matters or stop disturbing us here with your poverty issues. I never knew you guys had agricultural land still you guys are still starving, drinking only white garri.
I think they drink mostly Ijebu garri, which is not white. They drink that with beans meal which they call ewa.  They drink that garri and ewa x3 in each day. As you know, the state is poor.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
Chyz*:

Ekiti is officially the nigerian Somalia. grin
No Somalia is better, in Somalia, they do not line up their dirty, ugly and hungry nude mothers in demonstrations.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Chyz2: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

No Somalia is better, in Somalia, they do not line up their dirty, ugly and hungry Unclad mothers in demonstrations.

Roflmao! grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

No Somalia is better, in Somalia, they do not line up their dirty, ugly and hungry Unclad mothers in demonstrations.

It will be unfair to lay all the burden on Ekiti, because having worked for FG in almost all the Yoruba states. The sampling we got showed that Oson, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Kwara is as much poor as Ekiti. So we will not single out Ekiti alone, all the Yoruba states quite poor as much as we can see in Ekiti, no exceptions. The analysis showed that Yoruba states are sysnonymous with Somalia, Chad, Niger rep.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by KnowAll(m): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=16pt]Ekiti is hitting above her weight despite her low revenue threshold. Had it being they had gotten the right man in from the on set, the dire and precarious state of her finance today, would not be something talked about.

It is no more news that Engineer Segun Oni awarded close to 300 contracts to spurious usurpers and absconders who jumped ship the moment the money cleared in their account whether it was done in cahoot of Mr Oni’s knowledge can be anyone’s guess.

Mr Oni paid huge amounts upfront thereby deliberating depleting the scarce resources the state has, but God is good, Ekiti for the umpteenth time as I see it, would surprise so many a state that has a huge revenue base.

The gentleman at the helms of affairs today is not only astute in his methodical approach but he is a smart arse and surely knows his onions. I look forward to seen some mouth watering motivational projects unravel during this dispensation, the opportunism and enthusiasm is high and the people would surely not be disappointed.[/size]
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ochukoccna: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
This is a way too dumb topic to have been posted in the 1st place talk less of making front page.
From the comments I've read, I see many didn't read through the interview b4 spewing out mostly tribal induced rants.
I don't see how been 2nd from bottom in the revenue allocation table makes the state 2nd poorest.
What about 9ja as a country?
Watched Monique on BET yesterday while interviewing 2face Idibia say she was in 9ja and 2 things struck her
The people are so happy [size=16pt]
And so poor! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ouch! grin grin grin grin
Let's talk about 9ja's collective disease and not pick on Ekiti nor some northern 9ja states.
[/size]
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by kettykin: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
so why is ekiti still called fountain of knowledge instead of fountain of poverty. My problem with the southwest is that they are not good in anything except claiming lagos as their own.

Ekiti is not a desert place, is did not suffer war or religious crises, it is not erosion ridden or prone to flood , it is not in any border crises with its neighbours, it didnt suffer genocide or progrom ,yet ekiti is the second poorest state in nigeria. And some lunatics come here to tell us ekiti has the largest number of profs , profs of chronic poverty who cant develop their states

so why is ekiti still called fountain of knowledge instead of fountain of poverty. My problem with the southwest is that they are not good in anything except claiming lagos as their own.

Ekiti is not a desert place, is did not suffer war or religious crises, it is not erosion ridden or prone to flood , it is not in any border crises with its neighbours, it didnt suffer genocide or progrom ,yet ekiti is the second poorest state in nigeria. And some lunatics come here to tell us ekiti has the largest number of profs , profs of chronic poverty who cant develop their states
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2011
kettykin:

Well done, especially claiming Lagos. They all do. What a shame.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by daniellle(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
I thought we have already established that the article says 2nd smallest federal allocations?

Not 2nd poorest by the other usual metrics (gdp/capita, poverty rates, etc).

I don't understand the point of most of the comments in this thread.

Now, if it turns out that Ekiti is indeed second poorest by those two metrics I mentioned above (or another such), continue chatting. But somehow I highly doubt this to be true
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^^ Ezi okwu?? Or your short of words or confusion or both. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
Very interesting to me that all the usual Ebo trolls came out. No surprise, I guess.

Probably shouldn't be surprised that they cannot understand the difference between aggregate federal allocations and poverty.

Reading comprehension has never been the strong point of many of you.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
Damn, you can tell that I've given some ppl sleepless nights and wet dreams (and I thought only EzeUche is crazy about me).

All questions will be anwered in the order they came. Let me be done with my finals and presentation first. Yo know how we Ekiti ppl don't joke with our ejumacation.

ROTFLMAO@ open scars on this thread. grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

^^^^^ Ezi okwu?? Or your short of words or confusion or both.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is this? I guess the first sentence is Ebo, but what on earth is the second? Can someone please translate from whatever dialect this creature speaks into proper English? cheesy
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
Mpama
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hehe.

Maybe it is better that you stick to that. No point in trying things beyond your skills.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
kettykin:

My problem with the southwest is that they are not good in anything except[b] claiming lagos as their own[/b].

Was that what caused your affliction? Mr. K LEG.  grin grin grin  Ok LAGOS is an IBO STATE. I hope you are happy now? Odechukwu.  grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2011
We are all here for you to tell us why Eketi is not the poorest state by all standards in black race and by extension yorooba states
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by aparata: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
which state is the poorest if ekiti is second to the poorest?
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
It doesn't work like that. I'm under no obligation to do anything for you. If you have a position, you are the one required to provide evidence to back up your idea. Not me.

Do you get this, heebo?

Btw, I thought you've acknowledged that you don't speak english so well. How about you speak eboe and we'll have someone translate.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Oyo or ogun grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Gbenge77(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

It will be unfair to lay all the burden on Ekiti, because having worked for FG in almost all the Yoruba states. The sampling we got showed that OSUN, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Kwara is as much poor as Ekiti. So we will not single out Ekiti alone, all the Yoruba states quite poor as much as we can see in Ekiti, no exceptions. The analysis showed that Yoruba states are sysnonymous with Somalia, Chad, Niger rep.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
comparing the South-West to Somalia,a war zone,appears dumb and idiotic.(no offense)
chino11:

It will be unfair to lay all the burden on Ekiti, because having worked for FG in almost all the Yoruba states. The sampling we got showed that OSUN, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Kwara is as much poor as Ekiti. So we will not single out Ekiti alone, all the Yoruba states quite poor as much as we can see in Ekiti, no exceptions. The analysis showed that Yoruba states are sysnonymous with Somalia, Chad, Niger rep.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
comparing the South-West to Somalia,a war zone,appears dumb and idiotic.(no offense)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop Issuing Warnings To Bandits In English, Shehu Sani Mocks Buhari / Sudan Internal War: Why It’s Difficult To Evacuate Trapped Nigerians – FG / Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.