Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner (21701 Views)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / The Poorest State In Nigeria / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
I think he meant to compare his own Anambra to Somalia. Or is this not the state where a catholic priest was kidnapped and used for rituals recently? cheesy
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by mithel(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
I love the way the yorubas have not fallen for the trap the igbos are setting.

If continued,tribal wars on NL would reduce drastically.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

I think he meant to compare his own Anambra to Somalia. Or is this not the state where a catholic priest was kidnapped and used for rituals recently? cheesy
Do not derail. Concentrate on the topic, you done well so far.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
mithel:

I love the way the yorubas have not fallen for the trap the igbos are setting.

If continued,tribal wars on NL would reduce drastically.
A yorubaman under the monicker Gbenga (Gbenge77) started this thread. Not an Igbo setting.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ekiti state should therefore line treasury boxes along the Lagos-Ibodan express way. My brothers heading East could be of help. Igbos can't stand the sight of mud houses. Especially when they are traveling home to enjoy their Ego.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by yarodin: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
I thought all Yoruba on NR where from Lagos?  Well what Ekiti State has to do is invite Igbo business men and women to come setup in their State.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by ektbear: 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha/Andre Uweh/abadaba: why exactly are you offering me advice? Kindly keep it to yourself.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by dammytex: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
Kai, And this na my state oo.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
Right there. I thought am the only one seeing those mud houses all over the yooroba land. I don't want to see those mud houses anymore I insisted that Fed. Min does not assign me to do a survey anymore in the SW. Since I got here 5yrs back, I have been eating well prepared meal, good water, good hospitality and everything good since I was assigned to SE and Awka precisely.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ekiti state should therefore line treasury boxes along the Lagos-Ibodan express way. My brothers heading East could be of help. Igbos can't stand the sight of mud houses. Especially when they are traveling home to enjoy their Ego.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by otapiapia: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
kenis:

Are you serious? grin I think the recession has affected their proceeds from weed planting. Dont expect that from Ekitians.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by nagoma(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
@chino 11;

5 years in Awka and you have not been kidnapped! You can make money if you will sell your strategy!
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Gbenge77(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

A yorubaman under the monicker Gbenga (Gbenge77) started this thread. Not an Igbo setting.
The thread was not intended to disparage Ekiti state,having hailed from the South west myself.Amazingly,some saw this as an opportunity to put the state down.For crying out loud,she is just unlucky to receive one of the lowest statutory allocation,which depends on the population,land mass etc, from Abuja.
Ngodigha:

The thread was not intended to disparage Ekiti state,having hailed from the South west myself.Amazingly,some saw this as an opportunity to put the state down.For crying out loud,she is just unlucky to receive one of the lowest statutory allocation,which depends on the population,land mass etc, from Abuja.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by tpia5: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ the ones staying in mud houses

eyah, sorry!!! Lol

i guess whoever assigned you there didnt like you.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by PointB: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
Gbenge 77:

The thread was not intended to disparage Ekiti state,having hailed from the South west myself.Amazingly,some saw this as an opportunity to put the state down.For crying out loud,she is just unlucky to receive one of the lowest statutory allocation,which depends on the population,land mass etc, from Abuja.The thread was not intended to disparage Ekiti state,having hailed from the South west myself.Amazingly,some saw this as an opportunity to put the state down.For crying out loud,she is just unlucky to receive one of the lowest statutory allocation,which depends on the population,land mass etc, from Abuja.

Well at least let the Ekiti peps do the right thing. SW shld not be on the bottom 5 in terms of poverty. Translate your education to wealth, just like the SE/SS have done so well!
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by tpia5: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
Foreigners with good manners arent asked to stay in mud houses, so check yourself and find out what you've been doing wrong.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
nagoma:

@chino 11;

5 years in Awka and you have not been kidnapped! You can make money if you will sell your strategy!
When Chino11, himself has been a kidnapper. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
nagoma:

@chino 11;

I have been in Anambra most of the time ok. I left 5yrs ago to do when I was contracted by Fed. Min. for valuation works in yorooba states where I stayed for 2 months and ran back because I couldn't live in yooroba land. You guys are too dirty, lazy, ritualistic, jujulistic and above all wickedness even onto their own people.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by philip0906(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
d most annoying part is d way they all claim Lagos like someone said. . .i have lots of yuruba fwends who come 4rm these God 4saken states(ekiti,osun and co) and now claim Lagos,thus rejecting their own. . . grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by WilWily: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

You guys are too dirty, lazy, ritualistic, jujulistic and above all wickedness even onto their own people.
All Yoruba polygamous family is a war battle ground with Juju as their only Weapon.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by badesco(m): 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
Why wont they be d poorest, when they are always petitioned each at any given opportunity.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by atasteve: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
Good governance can change anything.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2011
chino11:

I have been in Anambra most of the time ok. I left 5yrs ago to do when I was contracted by Fed. Min. for valuation works in yorooba states where I stayed for 2 months and ran back because I couldn't live in yooroba land. You guys are too dirty, lazy, ritualistic, jujulistic and above all wickedness even onto their own people.

bros, that na okija you dey describe na. or you want me to remind you which zone okija is located in grin? these Igbo ppl always trying to describe us with what they are known for. Ekiti state is by far better than any Igbo state in naija. Ekiti state doesn't have Osisikankwu grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by philip0906(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^
I can imagine u typing that with your blood shot eyeballs. . .take heart grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by fesse(f): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHERE IS ileke-idiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by PointB: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2011
lagcity:

bros, that na okija you dey describe na. or you want me to remind you which zone okija is located in grin? these Igbo ppl always trying to describe us with what they are known for. Ekiti state is by far better than any Igbo state in naija. Ekiti state doesn't have Osisikankwu grin

Perhaps true for a different reason. How many can afford ransom money in Ekiti? Na yam? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Gbenge77(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
WilWily:

All Yoruba polygamous family is a war battle ground with Juju as their only Weapon.
you are derailing the thread please.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ekiti1: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ Ngodigha or whoever you are, A commissioner (politician) is saying the state is poor and you come here to assert the point. If you can read between the lines (which I doubt you are intelligent enough to do) you should know this is a round about way of saying "dont expect much from this government".
Nnna, I laugh in Ibo.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by philip0906(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^
sorry,I feel ur pains. . . grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by RoadStar: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
I don't think this is true.
Not enough money but enough to steal.
if resources are managed efficiently, the state budget should be enough.
Governors tend to claim poverty as an excuse for intended failure.

That was how successive governors claimed Anambra was poor until Ngige arrived and debunked the claim.
While executed numerous projects and still had money to pay salary areas and retirement benefits.

Now Obi is now making the same claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Do Buhari, Dos Santos And Mugabe Have In Common? - BBC / "Anywhere They Put Dino Melaye, Whether For Prison, We Go Vote For Am" / Photos As Osinbajo Presides Over Weekly FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.