Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner (21697 Views)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / The Poorest State In Nigeria / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
Okoro2015:

Ekiti
See what their professors with their wasted knowledge and education did to their mothers. Shameless bunch.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
Some gross, gruesome and cruel aspect of the Igbo culture was characterised by[b] cannibalism[/b], killing of twins, nudity, inter and intra tribal strife, blood birth, superstitious beliefs, fear of human at death, human sacrifice, slavery, sorcery, witchcraft, idolatry and mass illiteracy and it was these negative aspects of the culture that prompted the early Christian missionaries to adopt total condemnation of the Igbo culture. ---- Sylvanus Eze (ibo man)

http://www.christianaggression.org/item_display.php?id=1193712461&type=ARTICLES

na ibo man talk this one ooo. but our ibo ppl want to bury their flat heads in the sand and compare with Yoruba ppl who are way out of their league

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by SouthEast: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
The founder’s skeleton

Has the world eventually entered the “last days” as prophesied in the Bible, the holy book for Christians? Maybe, if the activities of some so-called Christians are anything to go by. According to II Timothy 3-7: “In the last days, perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good.”

The holy book further states that in the last days, men would have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof and men will ever be learning, and will never be able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
The story is hardly believable but it is true that about five years after the death of a pastor, members of his church still worship his skeleton because of their faith in the efficacy of his powers.
To members of the church, late Jacob Adebayo Oladele, who was the founder, Millennium Gospel Church (MGC), remains powerful even in death.

In February 2010, the police stormed the premises of MGC located at an abandoned aerodrome in a vast forest at Egbedore Local Government Area of Osun State, following a tip-off by the monarch of the town, Alayemoore of Ido-Osun, Oba Adedapo Adeniyi Sapoyoro. The monarch, who said the palace had been inundated with series of allegations of high-handedness and weird worship style of the church members, led a team alongside the police to the church where a purported skeleton of the church’s founder was recovered.

The police arrested 15 suspects while people of the town warned the church members never to return to the land, which belongs to the government. Sunday Sun gathered that five of the suspects are still standing trial at an Osogbo Magistrate Court. Members of the church however insist that they are not ritualists and never killed anybody or performed any ritual in the church.

One of those standing trial, Mrs Florence Oluwaloni Oladele, who is the deputy founder said: “We are not ritualists. We worship our Lord Jesus Christ like every Christian. The skeleton belongs to our founder. Truth shall prevail and we will be vindicated. This is a test of our faith and members should be steadfast and more prayerful.”

Head, Pathology Department at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital (LAUTECHTH), Dr Akinwumi Komolafe, confirmed the presence of the skeleton in the morgue, but said the police did not present a request for tests to be carried out on the skeleton. He said the hospital authorities would keep the skeleton until it receives further directive from the police.

It was however gathered that some of the church members have been visiting the mortuary in order to worship the late founder who they described as their Messiah. “Before stopping them from coming to see the skeleton, some who came were practically worshipping the skeleton. They rolled on the ground, shouting his name, weeping, wailing and appealing to him to answer their prayers. They are fanatical about him and if care is not taken and the skeleton remains in the mortuary more than necessary, they may go wild and take steps to recover it. The mortuary needs more security,” a source at the hospital warned.?

When contacted, the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Solomon Olusegun, said the “case is in court.”
But a police source said: “The skeleton may soon be released to the members since nobody had come forward with a claim that his/her relation was missing.”

“Apart from the skeleton, police did not find any other human or animal part at the church. Initially, we were made to believe that more bodies were going to be recovered from the church like that of the infamous Okija Shrine. None was found apart from the skeleton. However, all theories pointed to the fact that the skeleton belongs to the church founder. You know how fanatical some people could be with living or dead founder of their faith.

“The skeleton will soon be released for burial. At least, the man should be allowed to rest in peace. We still appeal to people who may have contrary information about the church to volunteer it to the police.”
At press time, police authorities were in confusion over what to do with the skeleton even as the hospital management anxiously awaited the collection of late Adebayo’s skeleton for burial because according to them, “the mortuary is meant for dead bodies and not skeleton.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by sbeezy8: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
Nice one Ekiti either give federalism or increase allocation.- doesnt make sense to give a state less thean it could make if it had federalism, current arrangement's based on  number of LGs.

END OF
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

Smelly pig, why did you not comment about the photograph of unclthed Ekiti women he posted?.

kwashiorkor baby, u want my comment? ok. the elderly women were brave and would go to any length to bring the best out of their govt. are u happy now? ibo kwashiorkor baby.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by SouthEast: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
lagcity:

kwashiorkor baby, u want my comment? ok. the elderly women were brave and would go to any length to bring the best out of their govt. are u happy now? ibo kwashiorkor baby.

Emerging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland: kwashiokor babies in 2011

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/21137-emerging-trend-social-almajiri-inyorubaland.html
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
SouthEast:

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/21137-emerging-trend-social-almajiri-inyorubaland.html

you ibo ppl don't make sense because malnutrition affected your brains permanently during the war. u want me to believe that NVS crap you posted when we all know ibo ppl use other names to post crap abt Yoruba? ur IQ is not as high as you think it is. grin grin
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Ngodigha: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
lagcity:

you ibo ppl don't make sense because malnutrition affected your brains permanently during the war. u want me to believe that NVS crap you posted when we all know ibo ppl use other names to post crap abt Yoruba? your IQ is not as high as you think it is. grin grin
Stop chatting bollocks and concentrate on the almajiris that have come back to salvage your region. What a shame.

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
SouthEast:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DFinish up this barbaric yorooba almjiri. I prefer the northern almjiri anytime anyday than this mammals called yoorobahs, because they are not as lazy, evil, ritualisitc and jujulistic as yoorobahs.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ngodigha:

Stop chatting bollocks and concentrate on the almajiris that have come back to salvage your region. What a shame.

These are all yoroobahs nawaoo this tribe is marked for destruction. They are so poor that they have turned to beggars in their on land, begging Igbos and Hausas for food what a lost group called yoroobahs
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by chino11(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011

Lagos returns 3,105 poor persons, lunatics to six states

By Kamal Tayo Oropo

TO rid Lagos of lunatics and beggars, the state government has sent over 3,105 beggars and lunatics to their countries and states of origin.

Lagos returns 3,105 poor persons, lunatics to six states

advertisement

The Special Adviser to the governor on Youth and Social Development Dr. Dolapo Badru, who disclosed this at a ministerial briefing yesterday in Lagos, said 3,044 of the beggars arrested had been sent away in the last one year.

Giving a breakdown of the statistics, Badru revealed that Ogun State had the highest number of beggars with 196 arrested on Lagos streets, followed by Oyo [b]State with 83, Osun State 67, Ekiti 21, while Ondo [/b]State had seven.

On the number of lunatics, he said available statistic showed that Niger Republic had the highest number of beggars and lunatics arrested by having 12, Chad Republic two and Cote d'Ivoire had one.

Badru explained that the state government had zero tolerance for destitution and begging in the state, adding that picking of unwanted persons from streets of Lagos would be a continuous exercise.

He stressed that his office would continue to work together with security agencies to rid the city of these unwanted persons, saying it was an offence to indulge the beggars who troop to the state on daily basis to beg for alms.

On the essence of the state's rehabilitation centre at Owutu, Ikorodu, where beggars, the destitute, mentally challenged and drug addicts picked from the roads are taken to, he said the state government would continue to make provision for facilities to help rehabilitate such persons.

He said the mentally unstable picked on the roads across the state would be given adequate medical attention, while 38 able-bodied persons among those picked on the roads who were suspected to be criminals had been handed over to the state task force for prosecution.

On adoption and fostering, Badru disclosed that various applications were received from prospective adopters, locally and internationally who were screened in order to determine their suitability for adopting children while 177 letters of approval were granted.

He disclosed that 126 children were adopted by members of the public and 11 released for fostering, adding that 174 children had their adoptions legalised through the Juvenile Court while additional 161 babies were rescued and referred to various government homes and private orphanages.

See the situation of yoroobahs on their own sold:

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/13/16.html
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by SouthEast: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
lagcity:

you ibo ppl don't make sense because malnutrition affected your brains permanently during the war. u want me to believe that NVS crap you posted when we all know ibo ppl use other names to post crap abt Yoruba? your IQ is not as high as you think it is. grin grin

Silly excuse
The original author of that article is Hakeem Jamiu who is a well known Yoruba commentator. Google him.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by GAR3TH(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
Are you guys seriously arguing about who is the poorest of the poor?

For your information all parts of Nigeria and Africa as a whole are poor.

You guys really look stupid arguing and boasting just because one side makes $2 dollars a day and another side make $1 a day.

Pathetic.

Nairaland has to do something about these ethnocentric, uncultured things they call people.

Why does every thread on this site end in a tribal feuds. And the majority of the people who take part in these feuds don't even live in Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by aljharem(m): 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
GAR3TH:

Are you guys seriously arguing about who is the poorest of the poor?

For your information all parts of Nigeria and Africa as a whole are poor.

You guys really look silly arguing and boasting just because one side makes $2 dollars a day and another side make $1 a day.

Pathetic.

Nairaland has to do something about these ethnocentric, uncultured things they call people.

Why does every thread on this site end in a tribal feuds. And the majority of the people who take part in these feuds don't even live in Nigeria.

seriouly it is pathetic
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by PointB: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
alj harem:

seriouly it is pathetic

true. but not as pathetic as the polio in north. spreading like wildfire across the north due to ingrained ignorance, championed by people like you.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 12:54am On Jul 30, 2011
@ My Ibo friends in the house, i think this is the best time to ask this question:
Is it true that Abakaliki people of Ebonyi state eat human beings?
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2011
ibo ppl, i am back. let's make this a lively thread once again smiley smiley. you guys make me laugh becos you know the pictures you posted are not of yoruba ppl cheesy cheesy. i'll post pictures of how ibo ppl became who they are today and i don't even need to label the picture becos there will be no doubt about who's in the picture.

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by aljharem(m): 1:08am On Jul 30, 2011
lagcity:

ibo ppl, i am back. let's make this a lively thread once again smiley smiley. you guys make me laugh becos you know the pictures you posted are not of yoruba ppl cheesy cheesy. i'll post pictures of how ibo ppl became who they are today and i don't even need to label the picture becos there will be no doubt about who's in the picture.

my friend please take down that picture sad sad sad sad

how can you make fun of people that suffered sad don't you think this is a bit extreme
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:10am On Jul 30, 2011
^^^^^^^
chino11 grin grin grin his brain was permanently affected like the whole generation of ibo ppl who grew up in the 60s and 70s. the only guy in ibo land who was well fed during the war is a coward named Ojuku who is now a vegetable in London.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by aljharem(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^^^^
chino11 grin grin grin his brain was permanently affected like the whole generation of ibo ppl who grew up in the 60s and 70s. the only guy in ibo land who was well fed during the war is a coward named Ojuku who is now a vegetable in London.

i know you want to get to him back and heck it serves them right but please don't make fun of people in such state even though them do the same. you should not follow them in the same path
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2011
alj harem:

my friend please take down that picture sad sad sad sad

how can you make fun of people that suffered sad don't you think this is a bit extreme

guy no vex me oo. u no see the pictures of the helpless beggars wey dem post for there? are those ppl not suffering too?
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by aljharem(m): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2011
lagcity:

guy no vex me oo. u no see the pictures of the helpless beggars wey dem post for there? are those ppl not suffering too?

not to vex you brother, but must you follow in there foot path undecided
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:15am On Jul 30, 2011
alj harem:

i know you want to get to him back and heck it serves them right but please don't make fun of people in such state even though them do the same. you should not follow them in the same path

no diplomacy for this matter. they started it, i'll finish it. I'll remind them of their pathetic history so they can give that vegetable (ojuku) otapiapia for what he did to them grin.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:17am On Jul 30, 2011
alj harem:

not to vex you brother, but must you follow in there foot path undecided
u know what? u right.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Freewilly(f): 1:19am On Jul 30, 2011
It sucks to be Yoruba these days, cry we are the dirtiest in Nigeria, the most wicked, Now we are the 2nd poorest state cry

I thinks I'll just find me an Igbo man to marry, move to the East and forget I was ever born Yoruba cry cry cry
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by tpia5: 1:20am On Jul 30, 2011
^^quick question- i thought you used to be gaay.

what happened?
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by udezue(m): 1:20am On Jul 30, 2011
Hhahhahahahhahaha
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by lagcity(m): 1:24am On Jul 30, 2011
Freewilly:

It sucks to be Yoruba these days, cry we are the dirtiest in Nigeria, the most wicked, Now we are the 2nd poorest state cry

I thinks I'll just find me an Igbo man to marry, move to the East and forget I was ever born Yoruba cry cry cry

u see what i've been saying abt the permanent brain retardation caused by malnutrition? this mumu freewilly forgot to remove the igbo girl from her profile b4 claiming yoruba.
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by airmark(m): 1:46am On Jul 30, 2011
@ Lagcity,
First indicator that Freewilly is an ibo lady is her poor grammer:
Freewilly:

Ibos are only smart in doing fraudulent business. In other things they are poo. This freewilly claimed here to be an Igbo lady too :
Freewilly:

It really don't matter if only 10 people showed up for a Buhari campaign in Onitsha, it just goes to show that Igbos will sell their soul for money. It's stuff like this that embarrasses me as a proud Igbo woman.

I don't know when ibo men and women will stop their fraudulent acts.  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by jason123: 2:16am On Jul 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin
ROMFLMAO!!!
Bunch of crazy people!!! grin cheesy
Btw, Freewilly is Willywilly!!! An Idi.ot would have seen that a long time ago.
They write the same way and even have an identical user name!!!
Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by Freewilly(f): 2:23am On Jul 30, 2011
airmark:

@ Lagcity,
First indicator that Freewilly is an ibo lady is her poor grammer:
Ibos are only smart in doing fraudulent business. In other things they are poo. This freewilly claimed here to be an Igbo lady too :
I don't know when ibo men and women will stop their fraudulent acts. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Are you my stalker now grin grin grin

Did I not tell you to go jump off a bulding or something the last time

Anyways I'm still a freaking Yoruba woman with whiskers tongue tongue

My pic if you care to look tongue

Re: Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner by jason123: 2:26am On Jul 30, 2011
Freewilly:

Are you my stalker now grin grin grin

Did I not tell you to go jump off a bulding or something the last time

Anyways I'm still a freaking Yoruba woman with whiskers  tongue tongue

My pic if you care to look tongue

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0-db2aeQ4Xnv8DsccyIDdKgEBcDnzoxO7X9c9XC6rjqhcRoS5Zg[/img][img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8GCnXsyfHroTHi998UpOAuo43wEr2V5195yLN_4T-BtMrzma_yQ[/img]

My Igbo brothers and sisters grin

[size=5pt]Okay, I am done laughing. It was fun.bye for now.[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Answer this question from nnamdi kanu if you think lagos is not no man's land. / Solomon Dalung Slams Nigerians For "Fabricating Imaginative Crisis" / Obiano Tours Anambra Riverine Communities To Ascertain Water Level (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.