Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) (9293 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Snail Farming Journey / My Cucumber Farming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
My aim is toward what I can achieve with this turkey farming within 3 years of practice...

Good afternoon Great Farmer!!

I bought this turkey about 7 months ago and I was told is a male turkey.

I was confused and feel cheated because by now a 7 month turkey should at least be chasing people around my compound.

Pls I need clarification is this Male/Female turkey �?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Weezyclan(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
It looks female undecided

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:55am On Aug 29, 2022
My turkey of 9months is yet to lay.
And the male of 1year plus I borrowed 3weeks back cross it.
I also pined down the female so the male climb her and mate her still no results.

Pls any suggestions?

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Wiseking00(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
I have male turkey for sale around sango Otta. Interested call or whatsapp me

I can't upload the pics here
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2022
Goodnews!!!

My turkey of 9months is now ready to mate.
Ever since I didn't see any Egg till 9 months ago I decide to lock the turkey inside my cage and feed her.

I told my mum I need to disposed the turkey since she decided to be animal version of bobrisky lol.

My mom said I should reserve it till Dec, I keep my cool and I just say I should release it this afternoon, to my greatest surprise MY TURKEY OF 9MONTHS bend down by herself ready to mate........

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by eskuvoisrael(m): 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
How does one differential between Male and female turkey?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
eskuvoisrael:
How does one differential between Male and female turkey?

You can't defferentiate till they get to 4-5month.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
My turkey of 9months is back home after I carried her for Tom to mate her.
I make sure the Tom mate with her in order to fertile the Egg.
I should be expecting Egg by ending of this month.

NB: I lost the male turkey I have at a tender age.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by MasterJayJay: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tommymoses:
My turkey of 9months is back home after I carried her for Tom to mate her.
I make sure the Tom mate with her in order to fertile the Egg.
I should be expecting Egg by ending of this month.

NB: I lost the male turkey I have at a tender age.

Mating doesn't produce eggs.

A female turkey should be able to produce eggs without mating.

What mating does is that it fertilises the eggs so you can hatch a chick from it.

If your female Turkey has never laid any egg, then mating won't make anything happen.

3 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by TheDictatorNd: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
MasterJayJay:

What mating does is that it fertilises the eggs so you can hatch a chick from it.

If your female Turkey has never laid any egg, then mating won't make anything happen.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
MasterJayJay:

When your hen is on heat, mating will produce fertile egg.
The essence of carried it for Tom to mate her is to help fertile the Egg..

I will be updating this thread for progress.....

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by MasterJayJay: 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tommymoses:

When your hen is on heat, mating will produce fertile egg. The essence of carried it for Tom to mate her is to help fertile the Egg..
Has your female Turkey laid any egg at all?
I am not talking about Fertile egg but egg in general
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Has your female Turkey laid any egg at all?

I am not talking about Fertile egg but egg in general

No, she's about to lay....

Modify.....
She lay 3 eggs in her entire life before she end up in a pot if egusi...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by MasterJayJay: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tommymoses:

No, she's about to lay....

I have raised turkeys in the past. My female turkey was laying eggs with no mating. I consumed the eggs because I knew it was not fertilized.

It was after I bought a male turkey for mating that I left the eggs to hatch.

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
MasterJayJay:

I have raised turkeys in the past. My female turkey was laying eggs with no mating. I consumed the eggs because I knew it was not fertilized.

It was after I bought a male turkey for mating that I left the eggs to hatch.
This is not my first time of raise turkey, I just relocate to another state so I dispose all my turkey due to long distance issue.

I just bought this Year February two of them, I later lost the male one, so I was left with this female turkey.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
I had a deal with one guy in my area to help cross my turkey with his Tom.

At the ratio of (if my turkey hatch 10 poult I will give him 3poult, I get no choice than to accept coz I real want this "MY 9MONTHS TURKEY" to hatch by all means).

We set tomorrow to meet....
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
I had a reason why I don't want to buy another female turkey or male turkey to cross my 9months female turkey, I choose to stick with this my life 9months turkey in order to produce a new generation for me.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
The reason why I so much love this "MY 9MONTHS TURKEY" is that she had an accident two different times

1. Next compound people hit the turkey with good 2×2 plank, the turkey nearly die. How the turkey survived it still amazed me.
The turkey wing was broken join with one of her leg.

2. Bike man crush my turkey to almost death, it was even on Sunday morning. If it's human being crushed by that bike I bet the person won't complete. I even said we should kuku kill it since the turkey was already vomiting blood, but to my surprise the turkey survived it again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by ndbros4justice: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
Tommymoses:
The reason why I so much love this "MY 9MONTHS TURKEY" is that she had an accident two different times

1. Next compound people hit the turkey with good 2×2 plank, the turkey nearly die. How the turkey survived it still amazed me.

2. Bike man crush my turkey to almost death, it was even on Sunday morning. If it's human being crushed by that bike I bet the person won't complete. I even said we should kuku kill it since the turkey was already vomiting blood, but to my surprise the turkey survived it again.
I hope when you decide to slaughter the turkey for Christmas it won't jump up from your plate of rice���

5 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
ndbros4justice:

I hope when you decide to slaughter the turkey for Christmas it won't jump up from your plate of rice���

I wont slaughter it again.....
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Maryam1234(f): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2022
I Love Turkey alot but, I'm scared of being chased around.Hence,I would have gotten cheap turkeys from Katsina and start breeding.With this thread I'm thinking of buying and giving to a neighbor to care for it while I supply feed regularly.Thanks op,God bless you kiss
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by fashionnisir(f): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tommymoses:
I also pined down the female so the male climb her and mate her still no results.

Pls any suggestions?
Any improvement, the male turkey seems to be bigger than the felmale tukey. The male organ will not be able to deposit it sperm for ferlization.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by fashionnisir(f): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tommymoses:

With these incident l don't think you have a conductive environment to breed your turkey

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2022
fashionnisir:

Any improvement, the male turkey seems to be bigger than the felmale tukey. The male organ will not be able to deposit it sperm for ferlization.
Have gotten a young and active man turkey...
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2022
fashionnisir:

With these incident l don't think you have a conductive environment to breed your turkey
Am planning to relocate the turkey to our spacious kitchen.....
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2022
Hahahaha!!!

See me just laughing as I'm reading the OP's words cheesy grin grin
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:
[color=#990000][/color]
Good afternoon Great Farmer!!

I bought this turkey about 7 months ago and I was told is a male turkey.

I was confused and feel cheated because by now a 7 month turkey should at least be chasing people around my compound.

Pls I need clarification is this Male/Female turkey �?.

Lol
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:

Pls any suggestions?

Lol grin
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:
Goodnews!!!

My turkey of 9months is now ready to mate.
Ever since I didn't see any Egg till 9 months ago I decide to lock the turkey inside my cage and feed her.

I told my mum I need to disposed the turkey since she decided to be animal version of bobrisky lol.

My mom said I should reserve it till Dec, I keep my cool and I just say I should release it this afternoon, to my greatest surprise MY TURKEY OF 9MONTHS bend down by herself ready to mate........

grin

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:

Am planning to relocate the turkey to our spacious kitchen.....

Where was the turkey staying before? Do you have cage for it or it just roams about the compound and sleeps anywhere?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
kay29000:

Where was the turkey staying before? Do you have cage for it or it just roams about the compound and sleeps anywhere?
I kept it inside a cage and I just want to move it inside our kitchen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians May Soon Start Importing Yam From China, Perm Sec Laments / Serious Cashew Nuts Suppliers Needed / Green House Tomato Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.