Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria (16571 Views)

Leadership Deficit Nigeria’s Greatest Undoing – Obi / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Zikkydon(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2022
We are a Reputable Renewable Solar Energy Company in badan, Oyo State.
Contact @ZICTECHSOLAR on 08133458995; 09056999900

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2022
iamrealdeji:
That was what my computer engineer and I were discussing last month. He's a strong Sunni Muslim with 2 wives he doesn't want hardship for. He disconnected PHCN electricity supply from his house and his shop and bought solar. He said he uses light at home as he wants and that everybody should do the same. That's the way out in Nigeria. We should all dump electric grid and generate our own power supply with solar. I believe it would get cheaper with time too because it used to be so much expensive than it is now. There are lots of solar dealers and companies around too. The more the supply,the lower the price.

grin grin is like you don't understand how things work in Nigeria,
Have you forgotten that the government don't mean well for the common Nigerian, instead of the populace to dump power supply they make solar extremely expensive with their tax
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:
I want more clarification on this solar installation.

I have a phone accessories shop very close to my house and I equally charges phones too and the number of phones that comes to my shop daily is more than 200 and batteries more than 50 daily.

In a month, I spend close to 30k for fuel, oil and generator maintenance.

Now am considering installing solar that can comfortably power my shop in the day and house at night.

Please what package can I install that can comfortably power my shop and house
Haba 200 phones,stop lying to us na. Are you the only person that charges phone in your area?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Doyou2019: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2022
Mrkumareze:
wink I'm not surprised, Nitel has gone, Water board and their water gone, our electricity is also going. Very soon each household will be the only source of their power...

Government is useless to the average Nigerian . We handle our own water, security, inner roads, and even power. This is the same reason, before now, most didn't really care about voting or who becomes the president or lawmaker. That's why only 17 million out of a whopping 216 voted the current excuse for a president.
We blamed them for exhibiting political apathy so grave, but how really do you expect citizens to invest their time and energy on something that serves them no real benefits?
Well, it gladdens the heart that the Nigerian people are showing now that they've had enough!

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Dearlord:

grin grin is like you don't understand how things work in Nigeria,
Have you forgotten that the government don't mean well for the common Nigerian, instead of the populace to dump power supply they make solar extremely expensive with their tax
hmmmn,oil dealers,disco capitalists,generator importers at play. I see. They won't want people to adopt solar and use their power to influence government into incuring heavy taxes on solar dealers
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Abeos(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2022
It's the way to go, because depending on the grid will only stress you
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Equation89(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You have to take inventory of the load in your shop and house to start with. Do you want to power fridges
/freezer? AC? Washing machine? Microwave? Pressing Iron? Take stock of what you want to power, how much power each comsumes when you want them powered (day vs night vs round the clock). Then someone who is nice enough may work out your total energy requirement. Doing that is a highly paid job so don't expect anyone to offer it for free unless they will be deploying the final installation

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2022
iamrealdeji:
hmmmn,oil dealers,disco capitalists,generator importers at play. I see. They won't want people to adopt solar and use their power to influence government into incuring heavy taxes on solar dealers

Now you know what's up.

It's not easy to cheat the criminals in power in this country.

We are held captive in every aspect in this country
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Equation89(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2022
iamrealdeji:
Haba 200 phones,stop lying to us na. Are you the only person that charges phone in your area?

A place you go home with 8k per day only on phone chargin after deduction of fuel cost. Many phones and batteries do you think can give you that amount daily with #50 on each phone or battery you charge.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by samazagudu(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2022
RepoMan007:
200k will work a barbershop well. Clipper is less than 20 watts.
supertaper Clipper is 10 watts.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Eniitankorede: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2022
Ykc2:
If solar is the ultimate in nigeria dangote ,tinubu plus criminal ex governors won't be using mikano generator

Tinubu does not use generators. He brought the first independent power company to NIGERIA. Obasanjo frustrated him. Atiku is the owner of Mikano, not Dangote, not Tinubu.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 9:05am On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:

A place you go home with 8k per day only on phone chargin after deduction of fuel cost. Many phones and batteries do you think can give you that amount daily with #50 on each phone or battery you charge.
is your shop in Lagos or where? And how big is your phone container to contain 200 phones?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by SunKamSolar(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2022
Solar is a way out.
When you have it installed, you will regret why you don't have it earlier.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Elliotwaveforec: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2022
I'll be going solar soon.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2022
I have been using solar for over four years now and i have some peace with electricity. Not when i want to grind tomatoes, boom NEPA takes light.
Its usually expensive from the beginning but afterwards you keep enjoying your labour grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Cuppycakes(f): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2022
I did mine for more than 3 months now.. such peace of mind.

I would recommend Probots technologies limited at Lekki ..
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by mediclife1987(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2022
highoctane:
At Greenify we craft things beautifully.

Start Small

Own a peace of mind from 350k.

What would a complete installation of this worth power in a home?

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2022
I don't even know what to say anymore but when an independent report said the number of gasoline generators in this country is enough to power the collapsing national grid eight times that was when I knew we have a very long way to go.

I'm glad those in charge of solar panels stepped up to the plate, soon we will have a government dating back to 1999 that can't fix the power issue.

Shameful to say the least.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by churchill3: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2022
I don't know why Nigerians find it hard embracing solar electricity. I installed my 3.5kva famicare with 4*200mah batteries and 8*260w mono panels since 2018. I disconnected nepa light into my building. I hardly put on generator and when I do during rainy reason it doesn't last over 5mins just to recharge. Imagine having 24hrs electricity for 4yrs including pumping of water from bohrhole, using 1hp inverter Ac and two thermacool inverter freezers plus 5plasma TV sets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by FuckDModz: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2022
mediclife1987:

What's would a complete installation of this worth power in a home?

Which kind English be this?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by mediclife1987(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2022
FuckDModz:

Which kind English be this?

Shut up when human beings are talking.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Equation89(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2022
iamrealdeji:
is your shop in Lagos or where? And how big is your phone container to contain 200 phones?

Lagos is not the only place that can generate that amount daily.

My shop is situated in a semi-town that linked both Abia state, akwa ibom state and Rivers state together.

When you are opening a business, a lot of factors need to be considered.

If you don't have any contribution to make as regard the solar system packages I want to inquire about. I think you should check next post.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2022
Solar is the best for now
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by ShedrachU(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2022
If you ain't using solar power, you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by sunnyg12(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Tinubu does not use generators. He brought the first independent power company to NIGERIA. Obasanjo frustrated him. Atiku is the owner of Mikano, not Dangote, not Tinubu.
True talk
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2022
Solar is the best solution to epileptic power supply in Nigeria. At solarDuke Electrical we guarantee 24/7 UNINTERRUPTED power supply for your home and business.

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2022
Sucre6:

Nigeria isn't going green by choice but by force, government won't provide basic amenities, when citizens tries to provide by themselves by importing these things, same government makes it almost impossible making the price to be very high upon landing, Nigeria is messed up in all angle

Here in the US, citizens get a big tax credit from our less than perfect government after purchasing solar panels and acts as an incentive to the citizens. The Nigerian government has failed to provide adequate electricity to citizens therefore government should subsidize the costs, especially with the scarcity of fuel to run generators. This may be a faster, more cost effective solution to fixing the power grid. A presidential candidate concerned with the best interests of Nigerians should already have this as a part of his platform.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Ykc2(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

you know, if am not from nigeria I will believe this your gibberish, tinubu wanted an independent power company and from where the gas they will use to power the so called power plant will come from?the gas will be coming from river state ,the so called company even went into bankruptcy in America , the company's name is Enel,don't preach to us about tinubu,when your talking about Colombian white or brown coke then you can tell us about tinubu

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2022
ShedrachU:
If you ain't using solar power, you are on your own.
That's true, no one regret installating solar power. Just let a professional handle the project with good quality materials.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2022
If you have family in the US, UK, Australia, etc., kindly forgo the madness. We ordered a complete kit on Amazon and received it 2 days later.. Then, we used DHL to ship it to family in Nigeria. Everything took less than 14 days, start to finish. It was tough for them to find someone to install the system quickly but that was more than one year ago so I think it would be easier now.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Eniitankorede: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ykc2:
you know, if am not from nigeria I will believe this your gibberish, tinubu wanted an independent power company and from where the gas they will use to power the so called power plant will come from?the gas will be coming from river state ,the so called company even went into bankruptcy in America , the company's name is Enel,don't preach to us about tinubu,when your talking about Colombian white or brown coke then you can tell us about tinubu

You are complete ignoramus. Geratat here!!!
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by sukkot: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
electricity in my area is not very bad but it is bad. i installed my solar 3 months ago and my life has been very good ever since. keep in mind i am not using the solar to totally makeup for blackouts . during blackouts i just need to have light and be able to go on my laptop and power fans. people that power ac with solar, i hail una oooo

currently using solar light to type this lol

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanction Threats: G-5 Governors Dare PDP, Say We’re Not Afraid / Sadiya Finally Honours EFCC Invitation Over ₦‎37.1 Billion ‘Fraud’ / Austin Ejili Dies In Auto Crash (PDP Campaign Manager)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.