Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola (20170 Views)

Ganduje Asks Buhari To Suspend Kano Visit Over Hardship, Naira Notes Crisis / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Kano Imam Asks Muslims Not To Vote Tinubu (Video) / Ganduje Asks FG To Relax Lockdown In Kano To Help Residents Buy Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by vicdom(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2022
The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has charged all Muslim faithful in Osun State to vote for the incumbent governor, Gboyega Oyetola, to continue his tenure as governor for the second term because he is a Muslim like them.

This is as he stated that Oyetola was the only Muslim governor in the South-West, noting that he was their ‘brother’.

This was made known in an audio clip published by BBC Hausa on Friday night.

Ganduje reportedly visited a mosque in Osogbo on Friday during the Jumaat prayers, where he was said to have met with the Hausa community in Osogbo, canvassing vote for Oyetola.

Ganduje said, “I have come to this mosque to talk to the Muslims here. Please, the person you should vote for is Oyetola. Do you know why? This is because he is a Muslim like you. We are guiding you on the path (to follow).”
Ganduje also noted that the presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress was asked to pick a fellow Muslim as running mate, which he did.

According to him, that was enough reason for them to vote for the incumbent governor, who he claimed would “build your markets, roads and bring development to your community”.

Responding to a question asked by a member of the audience, he said, “For the progress of the country, we don’t have to be religious-bias.

“Christians are also our brothers, too. We must also support them.

“When the Hausa said they are the ones that should return to the seat, we said no, ‘It was the turn of the Yoruba’.

“That is why we have chosen Bola Ahmed Tinubu. That is the only way we will be able to avert fighting and crises. I’m here to help our brother (Oyetola) who we want to win the election tomorrow.

https://punchng.com/vote-oyetola-because-hes-a-muslim-ganduje/?amp

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by vicdom(m): 5:23am On Jul 16, 2022
I pity christians in Nigeria, especially Yoruba christians. I thought they said religion doesn't matter in Nigeria?? Christians will be there doing "I don't care attitude" before you know it, Nigeria or southwest region will become Turkey, Lebanon and other countries they have conquered.

252 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by odduduwa: 5:25am On Jul 16, 2022
Christians , shine your eyes ,these people see nothing less than animals in Christians, reason we should vote for christian candidates

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by derecho(m): 5:31am On Jul 16, 2022
Na dia way... When it doesn't favor them they'd say we yorubas are one.
Anyways, it's those who don't know dem

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Tecnophone: 5:36am On Jul 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Progressiveby: 5:41am On Jul 16, 2022
vicdom:
I pity christians in Nigeria, especially Yoruba christians.

What is coming to them is bigger than them but long throats won't let them see it.

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by checkmatez: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2022
Fellow sane Nigerians even if you don't pity yourselves due to you feel you are far from the crises, please pity your fellow Christians in the north because soon they will change faith and you or your generation will later follow suite due to accessibility to basic amenities.

I know some local government areas more developed with basic amenities due to tribal settlement and party membership to the governor.

Are we going to add religion too

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by mycar: 5:48am On Jul 16, 2022
vicdom:

https://punchng.com/vote-oyetola-because-hes-a-muslim-ganduje/?amp
this is the only reason Tinubu is picking a muslim VP, because to them, the only campaign they know is vote for him because he is a Muslim but some foolish ones will be telling you that it is competence, religion does not matter. how can we have Muslim president and Muslim VP just because of one man's ambition. of what use has he been to us in this present administration that could suggest to us what he will do better when he gets there?

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by hisexcellency34: 6:14am On Jul 16, 2022
I sincerely pray that Oyetola lose today

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by kolamilan(m): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2022
It's not enough that they have made a mockery of Awolowo's legacy, they still allowed Portable to use his yansh to suffocate him in the afterlife.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by New007: 6:14am On Jul 16, 2022
What we have been saying all along. It's their first and last card.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Davny(m): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2022
Can you imagine the impunity,

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by wearsandtrends1: 6:15am On Jul 16, 2022
noted

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by LaSenior: 6:15am On Jul 16, 2022
undecided

APC has indeed reduced our national unity to dust

They are the one causing disunity in this country but they will rush to blame Sunday igboho and nnamdi kanu

Imagine an utterance from a sitting governor

APC indeed a Demonic party

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Born2Breed(f): 6:15am On Jul 16, 2022
cheesy

They plan to Islamize Nigeria but they will fail!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by NYSCPLUG01(m): 6:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Politicking at its best, birds of a feather...
Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Antoeni(m): 6:16am On Jul 16, 2022
Nigeria Will Be Islamized Once The APC Satanic Partnership Gets into Power

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:17am On Jul 16, 2022
Then it means now their turning this voting of a thing to been religiously biase which shldnt be so. Are they saying if an Italian worshipper wants to via for office so make other ifa worshippers vote am not considering if he would be the right candidate or not haba manna, these polithiefians' senses have left them long time b4 now shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by madridguy(m): 6:17am On Jul 16, 2022
Good campaign slogan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by BadNews: 6:18am On Jul 16, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Bonarotti22: 6:18am On Jul 16, 2022
I have nothing to say. Maybe, I will have something to say soon. In the meantime, this space is mine.
Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by McOluOmo: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Good

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by OmoManU: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Hmnn

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Formularcr7: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2022
Southerner don't care much about religion,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Jack500: 6:21am On Jul 16, 2022
vicdom:

I pity christians in Nigeria, especially Yoruba christians. I thought they said religion doesn't matter in Nigeria?? Christians will be there doing "I don't care attitude" before you know it, Nigeria or southwest region will become Turkey, Lebanon and other countries they have conquered.

Please, pity yourself and your family first, no one needs your useless pity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by CommonSense1967: 6:22am On Jul 16, 2022
The criminal Association of Nigeria-CAN is not complaining about the Christian Christian PDP ticket in OSUN state.
Osun state is a Muslim majority state.
Bunch of delusional brainwashed retar@ded religious fanatical HYPOCRITES.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2022
The Muslim North will be the ones to divide SW along religious line..
He forgot that a a time, 4 out of 6 states of SW was governed by Muslims.

Between 2011-2015.

Raji Fashola. Lagos
Ibekunle Amosun... Ogun
Late Ajimobi.. Oyo
Aregbesola... Osun

13 Likes

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by beyondPen(m): 6:24am On Jul 16, 2022
It's not about religion. Almost more than half the populace of yorubas have an Islamic origin. Most still keeps their Muslim surname.

Yorubas should vote because you see your candidate fit for the position.
Why should religion divide us in our land.
We are not others.

As a Christian I could vote a competent Muslim. It does not change anything.

12 Likes

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Fiscus105(m): 6:26am On Jul 16, 2022
Yet they say we shouldn't make emphasis on religion.

You want to have heart attack on a particular section that one religion represents thr, but you are comfortable that a whole country will be dominated by ur religion.

In future christians in Nigeria will understand better most especially Yoruba christians.

Turkey was once christian dominated county, today, they are highly insignificant in the country and worshipping with great fear and discrimination.

13 Likes

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Rhema04(m): 6:29am On Jul 16, 2022
GANDUJE in a sane environment should have been invited by DSS for questioning with this he is going about saying.... This can cause uproar in the country.. Campaigning base on religion

16 Likes

Re: Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola by Tatiana4u: 6:29am On Jul 16, 2022
APC wants to turn Nigeria into Sudan and their obsession with turning Nigeria into an Islamic country will become their undoing!
What a shame!
I thought Adeleke is a Muslim?
SMH

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Peter Obi Really Said About Tinubu "Rest" (video) / A Prayer For President Buhari And His Ruling Party By Dele Momodu / Obasanjo, Jonathan, Gowon absent at "Democracy Day celebration"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.