Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,593 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. (2114 Views)

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / I Cannot Feed My Child ,because There’s No Money !! / No Work, No Money(i Will Die Oh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Animegirl(f): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
I hate it when people say this "go learn a skill", whereas the other person is still struggling to eat a proper meal in a day.

You can't tell someone to learn a tech skill, if there is no money to get monthly subscription or a laptop. you can't tell someone to go learn hairdressing or dressmaking, if I get to pay to learn. Stop telling someone to invest when there is hardly enough to eat.

Learn to help your friends financially first, before dishing out your advice to go learn a skill, after all "na money person dey use to find money.

35 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Ebubu3: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
Animegirl:
I hate it when people say this "go learn a skill", whereas the other person is still struggling to eat a proper meal in a day.

You can't tell someone to learn a tech skill, if there is no money to get monthly subscription or a laptop. you can't tell someone to go learn hairdressing or dressmaking, if I get to pay to learn. Stop telling someone to invest when there is hardly enough to eat.

Learn to help your friends financially first, before dishing out your advice to go learn a skill, after all "na money person dey use to find money.

Learning a skill requires investment. That tech skill requires an average laptop plus heavy data to learn.

That sewing skill requires you to pay an instructor some money to become his/her apprentice.

And so on, and so forth.

Even wheelbarrow job requires you to have your own wheelbarrow, and by extension, money to buy it.

As you’re advising someone on a skill, realize when you check up on him and find he’s not yet on it, that it doesn’t mean he’s uninterested in leaving poverty, nor entirely lazy.

Most times, to obtain the money to buy that laptop, learn sew, and so on and so forth, you’ll have to do a very low and demeaning job to save capital for your flight.

I’m talking about carrying block, etc other work that don’t require a skill, nor owning a tool. Just your bare hands.

This Nigeria is not easy.

16 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by lolu2019: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ebubu3:

Learning a skill requires investment. That tech skill requires an average laptop plus heavy data to learn.

That sewing skill requires you to pay an instructor some money to become his/her trainee.

And so on, and so forth.

Even wheelbarrow job requires you to have your own wheelbarrow.

As you’re advising someone on a skill, realize when you check up on him and find he’s not yet on it, that it doesn’t mean he’s uninterested in leaving poverty, not entirely lazy.

Most times, to obtain the money to buy that laptop, learn sew, and so on and so forth, you’ll have to do a very low and demeaning job to save capital for your flight.

I’m talking about carrying block, etc other work that don’t require a skill, nor owning a tool. Just your bare hands.

This Nigeria is not easy.
if that it is what is required to learn a skill,u better go and do it.u don't have to wait for somebody to help u with finances.u have to earn it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Ebubu3: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2022
lolu2019:
if that it is what is required to learn a skill,u better go and do it.u don't have to wait for somebody to help u with finances.u have to earn it.
are you talking to me with a skill or you’re talking to your papa without a skill?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by lolu2019: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ebubu3:
are you talking to me with a skill or you’re talking to your papa without a skill?
poor rat.I wasn't talking to u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Ebubu3: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
lolu2019:
poor rat.I wasn't talking to u.
poor rat wey dey Fûck your mama

2 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by lolu2019: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ebubu3:
poor rat wey dey Fûck your mama
continue.

1 Like

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Spiff20(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2022
Animegirl:

I've said it several times, you need money to make more money but these motivational speakers won't rest. They'll say start first, start where you are, just start, you don't ask if the person has eaten that day, you just say start as if the person is a generator. Even Gen needs fuel to start.

Someone will struggle to make 2k a day and data is 1500 already. Online business ko.

People need support. If you can promise to take care of the persons feeding while the person learns a skill it'll be better. Family, friends, all need to support.

11 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by dopedan(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2022
True talk, its very easy to tell someone that is struggling to go and learn skill
You never ask if d person don chop first
After learning d skill u didn’t tell d person that he will hustle to get customers which might be harder than d learning itself

3 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Twirelex: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
Very true..
The best time to learn online skill is when one is still living with his/her parents, because after that it'll be difficult to do so after school especially if you're the type that wouldn't want to go back to stay with your parent after education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
Exactly ooo. I wanted to learn a skill but money has been stoping me. You need money to make money.
I registered for lagos state vocational training at yaba and i expiained to them about the daily tfare, they said i shouldn't bother coming.
I want to start a business too, no money.
Job too, i don apply apply, no way.
I'm tired, really tired.
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by talk2hb1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Animegirl:

So they should keep handling out money to them forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by soundOsonic: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
Oga if you can see money to pay your school fees, if you can see about 100k to learn hairdressing, fashion designing and even buy the sewing machine, how then can you not see money to buy a laptop and subscribe and learn something on youtube?

The only problem I have with Nigerians is those people that will tell you that they are making $1000 every month on affiliate marketing, drop shipping, Amazon Kdp will be telling you to bring 30-60k to learn. How can you be earning 600k a month and be begging people to learn theses for a measly 30k.

If you want to learn a skill learn data science, especially those that want to japa. If you need short term skills that will bring you over 100k a month, learn barbing, hairdressing, fashion designing and when you are through, save up or seek funds as if you have school fees to pay to startup your own.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Spiff20(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
soundOsonic:
Oga if you can see money to pay your school fees, if you can see about 100k to learn hairdressing, fashion designing and even buy the sewing machine, how then can you not see money to buy a laptop and subscribe and learn something on youtube?

The only problem I have with Nigerians is those people that will tell you that they are making $1000 every month on affiliate marketing, drop shipping, Amazon Kdp will be telling you to bring 30-60k to learn. How can you be earning 600k a month and be begging people to learn theses for a measly 30k.

If you want to learn a skill learn data science, especially those that want to japa. If you need short term skills that will bring you over 100k a month, learn barbing, hairdressing, fashion designing and when you are through, save up or seek funds as if you have school fees to pay to startup your own.
All these guys making half a million monthly for these online businesses I wonder how they still have the time to teaching people and convincing stubborn heads to buy their courses for 60k. They are making more from teaching than earning in the real sense and that right there, is a serious red flag. If they really want to teach for the passion they can make the courses 10k or 5k and they'll even make more.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by ennymob22: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
soundOsonic:

interested in learning data analysis, do u have resources I that can lead me to become data analyst
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by CrownOfClay724: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
Very valid.
Especially in a city like Lagos.

Hunger go put sporting waves for your belle.

Even what you're learning will not enter your head.
But talk is cheap.

So,
go learn a skill

3 Likes

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2022
True. To some extent!
For tech skills:
But a lot of people use phones that are even costlier than average 4th gen laptops, or even hair styling tools!
If you desire a particular skill, learn about it and find people who have gone through the process, sometimes, you could find some way around it without investing so much.
It's not easy, but if you want to leave your current level, you will upgrade yourself against all odds.

1 Like

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by 1Sharon(f): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
If you look at the spending habits of these so called hungry people, you'd see that there's money coming from somewhere, e.g they have the latest phone, Internet access, new wig, Netflix subscrition

They're just choosing not to prioritise investing in themselves

1 Like

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by fman(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
Do menial job.
Save the money from the menial job.
Buy a phone and learn a skill

1 Like

Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Thazard(m): 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
This ai a great material for frontpage

Lalasticlala
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Nyascobar1414: 12:12am On Jul 17, 2022
I wanna learn tech skill so bad..
Someone should help me
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by ajekpaks(m): 3:02am On Jul 17, 2022
Animegirl:

Omo we are not ready for this discussion...

Learning valuable skills require valuable investment,
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Chiiamaka: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2022
Rightly said
Let your advice come with money smiley
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Israeldan1(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Most people don't think at Al

They will tell you go and learn skill
Shea na by mouth
They wont gv u money

Evry1 knws what is good for them no 1 has to talk much

That y u see most people go learn skill Finnish
Come sit down for house
For years skill don waste be that
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Israeldan1(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Please and please if u wanna advise any one
Advise the person with money pls
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Pilet: 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
I want to teach people how to make a YouTube channel and nurse it till you start earning for free. Just join this telegram discussion group below and notify me by saying "Hi, from nairaland" I will understand.
Class start when 10 members joined, remember we will be discussing on the niche (topic) of you interest in starting the youtube with and then we will proceed. If anyone ask you to pay before you learn just report to the admin. Telegram group ➡ t . me / rexyneforum (join together and search on telegram)
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by David1017(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Lol... If u wan learn skill.. Learn
If u no wan learn.. No learn.
It must not be tech
Moreover there are people willing to teach you what they learnt for little sums of money. It all depends on your approach and your determination
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Whois(m): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Be ready to make sacrifices cus if it's important you make a way, if it's not important that's when you make excuses like the opgrin
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by Agbebakun22: 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
ennymob22:
interested in learning data analysis, do u have resources I that can lead me to become data analyst
There are many free resources either on LinkedIn or use buy a course on udemy for maybe 5k or below sometime
Re: Stop Telling People To Learn Skills When There Is No Money. by rainlover(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
Pilet:
I want to teach people how to make a YouTube channel and nurse it till you start earning for free. Just join this telegram discussion group below and notify me by saying "Hi, from nairaland" I will understand.
Class start when 10 members joined, remember we will be discussing on the niche (topic) of you interest in starting the youtube with and then we will proceed. If anyone ask you to pay before you learn just report to the admin. Telegram group ➡ t . me / rexyneforum (join together and search on telegram)
name not found

(1) (Reply)

NDEP Graduate Trainee Program 20-23 / Nets Exam On December 5th / Guinness Nigeria Resourcing Team Receiving CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.