Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Virginity Is Not Every Thing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity Is Not Every Thing (2151 Views)

If Virginity Is The Pride Of A Lady, What Is A Guy's Pride? / Virginity Is Dignity, Not Lack Of Opportunity / Virginity Is Not Dignity,it Is Just Lack Of Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginity Is Not Every Thing by megacity: 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
I thought it was the principal thing. I was wrong.

When I found one, I had to give up that beautiful r/ship with  that beautiful lady  with a great personality, thinking I had hit the big deal.   Now not so long after marriage, she has become a bad case,  very insultive, headstrong and unsubmissive.    

For days now, I hav only been browsing the legal requirements for divorce

And what's there sef? The other time she had a baby, male doctors were all putting their hands into the stuff  to check if she could deliver normally
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by pendo89(f): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
your last 2 sentences leaves one wondering undecided
if the doc put his hand in,he was only checking to see if her cervix has opened wide enough to accomodate the baby's head! or if the baby's head has popped out of cervix! 
lol you are funny if you didn't know that, yet shes your wife.a bit ignorant there.

Am sorry you married a 'virgin' but not a 'wife'. There's a big diffrence btwn the 2.

I keep saying if all I bring into my marriage is a certificate of virginity then am very useless because virginity never made a good wife!

You know what God says?

'whoever finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favour from God'.
wife qualities in prv 31.10. Its one among many.

He never said 'whoever finds a virgin',because a good wife is rare to find than a virgin.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2011
@OP: I feel your pain, the fact is that you have made the mistake already and you are now looking to redress that mistake. My advice to you is to divorce her with/without her consent, life is too short to spend it in a relationship that is clearly not working out. If divorce is not immediately possible, you guys should get separated for some time to try out other people, no need wasting time with a lady you clearly don't agree with.

Anyone who feels that being a virgin grants a moral stamp of approval is totally wrong. Virginity is not a virtue and has never been a virtue, there are much more important virtues in life than a girl who made a simple choice not to be intimate until she gets grey hairs in her punny!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by pendo89(f): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^ shocked
say what? grey what? seriously you need a gbago thread!
I was angry already at your 'divorce her with or without her consent'
That is only possible if he married her without her consent!
angry
And I doubt if hes really serious.How do you talk about the mother of your own baby like that?  undecided
Besides he doesn't sound like he has been married long so divorce should not be in his mind now.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
pendo89:

^^ shocked
say what? grey what? seriously you need a gbago thread!
I was angry already at your 'divorce her with or without her consent'
That is only possible if he married her without her consent!
angry
^^^^
Divorce can also be done without the consent of the spouse if there has been at least 5 years mutual separation. It's simpler, easier, and cheaper this way rather than pursuing a recalcitrant spouse for her to append her signature to a divorce document!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by pendo89(f): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
really? ok I didnt know that.but reading his story you can tell hes bn married less than 5 yrs.
He says 'not so long after marriage'
Marriage is not a popcorn affair.Unless its life and death situation then always try to work out the lil annoying things.
He will definately pop out of the next one relationship if he discovers she likes eating too much
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2011
pendo89:

really? ok I didnt know that.but reading his story you can tell hes bn married less than 5 yrs.
He says 'not so long after marriage'
Marriage is not a popcorn affair.Unless its life and death situation then always try to work out the lil annoying things.
He will definately pop out of the next one relationship if he discovers she likes eating too much
^^^^
The mere fact that the OP is thinking of divorce clearly means that he is fed up and wants out! A woman who is not good in bed or in the kitchen can learn, but a woman without a good character is doomed forever, completely irredeemable! Character is not something a husband can teach his wife. Even here in Nairaland, everyone knows those ladies who have good character, and those who are downright nasty, foul, and vile; character cannot be hidden.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Misbee(f): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
Eeyaah,so sorry about ur situation.bt dnt always seek 4 an advice,seek 4 a word frm God like,Proverb31:10-31,if u r a xtian read it wit her.An Advice can be well crafted outside d WORD.may God help u.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by 677ano(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
What is the point in staying in an unhappy marriage?
It is very clear that both parties are not making the marriage work so seperation should be the best
Before one kill the other out of frustration and from the post the OP is clearly fed up and want out of the marriage.

Marriage is not a do or die affair. It takes courage to accept that the marriage has failed and being tied to it could lead to
a more disastrous ending for both parties invovled.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by HighChief4(m): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2011
@Claremont--I think I have to agree with you for the first time, I dont see any sense being in a marriage you are no longer enjoying but rather enduring. Thats sheer suicide and can kill the man faster than HIV sef. I have so many young guys who died carelessly cos of marital problems. The other day we heard about a guy that killed his wife and dismembered her body parts. To avoid such things, whenever you think its not working out please(am warning everybody) back out.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by uniqueren(f): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2011
Yeah when d marriage gets sour, d best option is a divorce, wel d problem is we fail 2 correlate our actions, u left a 'beautiful grl u had a beautiful r/ship' cos u saw a virgin . Which means u were actually usin d 'beautiful grl'. I dnt feel sry 4 u cos u wanted a virgin nd nt a wife, nevertheless, its nt a unique quality of virgins 2 make bad wives!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by amblors(m): 1:21am On Jul 29, 2011
Virginity should be a bonus not a major requirement.
bonus coz its pretty hard to find, so if you're "lucky"

plenty other things count.
the idea of running off coz she's insultive etc etc, i no buy am o.

people mend relationships[without vows]

use your time to mend your marriage man or atleast try & stop researching "ground for divorce"
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Rocktation(f): 1:36am On Jul 29, 2011
Funny guy. Who tell you say virgins nor de insult before? HeHe.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Chykason(m): 1:42am On Jul 29, 2011
He married her because of her tight punny, but right now, the Doctor is putting his five fingers in her already bogus punny! shocked lipsrsealed tongue cheesy grin
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 29, 2011
megacity:

And what's there sef? The other time she had a baby, male doctors were all putting their hands into the stuff to check if she could deliver normally
Your stupidity has no level.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2011
Chykason:

He married her because of her tight punny, but right now, the Doctor is putting his five fingers in her already bogus punny! shocked lipsrsealed tongue cheesy grin
Agreed my guy! What he paid good money for, the doctors are getting for free! cheesy grin
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by LongOne1(m): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2011
Another reason why I feel people shouldn’t rush into marriage, particularly as they obviously aren’t mature enough. You deserve to be put on your mothers lap and given a proper spanking.

So you thought you were, say buying a car? And the quality of the product was what was most important, virginity as in brand new?

Why don’t you talk to her about how you feel first? Before researching divorce – she might begin to mend her ways
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ cool
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2011
Long One:

[size=15pt]Another reason why I feel people shouldn’t rush into marriage, particularly as they obviously aren’t mature enough.[/size] You deserve to be put on your mothers lap and given a proper spanking.

[size=15pt]So you thought you were, say buying a car? And the quality of the product was what was most important, virginity as in brand new?[/size]

Why don’t you talk to her about how you feel first? Before researching divorce – she might begin to mend her ways

Very reasonable points! I advocate virginity, but i'm always quick to add that i wont marry one that has no marriageable qualities! Kinda comparing a brand new KIA RIO and a brand new BMW 5 SERIES! QUALITY MATTERS! undecided Heck, a TOKUNBO 2009 HONDA ACCORD beats a BRAND NEW 2011 KIA RIO! undecided
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Goldieluks: 9:24am On Jul 29, 2011
pendo89:

your last 2 sentences leaves one wondering undecided
if the doc put his hand in,he was only checking to see if her cervix has opened wide enough to accomodate the baby's head! or if the baby's head has popped out of cervix! 
lol you are funny if you didn't know that, yet shes your wife.a bit ignorant there.

Am sorry you married a 'virgin' but not a 'wife'. There's a big diffrence btwn the 2.

I keep saying if all I bring into my marriage is a certificate of virginity then am very useless because virginity never made a good wife!

You know what God says?

'whoever finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favour from God'.
wife qualities in prv 31.10. Its one among many.

He never said 'whoever finds a virgin',because a good wife is rare to find than a virgin.

Spot on.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by chiteny(m): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2011
@OP: I feel your pain, the fact is that you have made the mistake already and you are now looking to redress that mistake. My advice to you is to divorce her with/without her consent, life is too short to spend it in a relationship that is clearly not working out. If divorce is not immediately possible, you guys should get separated for some time to try out other people, no need wasting time with a lady you clearly don't agree with.

Anyone who feels that being a virgin grants a moral stamp of approval is totally wrong. Virginity is not a virtue and has never been a virtue, there are much more important virtues in life than a girl who made a simple choice not to be intimate until she gets grey hairs in her punny!
embarassed

Claremont, r u married?? undecided undecided

@OP Hope you overlooked the rubish above?

Just one question, have you done anything to help/improve your wife's behaviour or you just fold your hands and complain about it?
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^^^
What has being married or not, got to do with simple common sense?!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by chiteny(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2011
there are somethings a non married man cannot understand or see. its not just common sense.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Goldieluks: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2011
True^^
you only get to understand such things,only if you are married!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
chiteny:

there are somethings a non married man cannot understand or see. its not just common sense.
Goldieluks:

True^^
you only get to understand such things,only if you are married!
The both of you are totally wrong mate! What is so sacrilegious about marriage such that it must be experienced before someone can comment on it?! Do I need to be a religious person before I talk about how ridiculous religion is?! It beggars belief that in this day and age people say such things like a person must have personal experience before commenting on issues. Whatever happened about learning from the experience of other's? . Na wa for some people thinking sef jor!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^Now you are beginning to think more like a human! grin I fully subscribe to that statement!!!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by chiteny(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
The both of you are totally wrong mate! What is so sacrilegious about marriage such that it must be experienced before someone can comment on it?! Do I need to be a religious person before I talk about how ridiculous religion is?! It beggars belief that in this day and age people say such things like a person must have personal experience before commenting on issues. Whatever happened about learning from the experience of other's? . Na wa for some people thinking sef jor!
embarassed

I am still ebarrassed by your comment(s). Answers to the bolded section:

Do you need to taste a soup to tell how good the soup is? Yes! Do you need to taste a cake to know how good it is? Yes! Do you need to drive a brand new car to tell how well it drives? Yes!
You could look at the soup, cake and car and say the colour of the soup is fine and it smells good, the cake looks lovely and well designed, the car looks like it is balanced and drives smoothly. But if u are not the participant, you cannot tell exactly or precisely the features and xtics.

The second bold is partly answered in the first answer given. You can comment but have limitation to your comment as a result of lack of first hand practical knowledge which could make your comment rather awkward or outrightly foolish.

No more replies to you. I rest my case.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by claremont(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2011
chiteny:

embarassed

I am still ebarrassed by your comment(s). Answers to the bolded section:

Do you need to taste a soup to tell how good the soup is? Yes! Do you need to taste a cake to know how good it is? Yes! Do you need to drive a brand new car to tell how well it drives? Yes!
You could look at the soup, cake and car and say the colour of the soup is fine and it smells good, the cake looks lovely and well designed, the car looks like it is balanced and drives smoothly. But if u are not the participant, you cannot tell exactly or precisely the features and xtics.

The second bold is partly answered in the first answer given. You can comment but have limitation to your comment as a result of lack of first hand practical knowledge which could make your comment rather awkward or outrightly foolish.

No more replies to you. I rest my case.
No way mate! I will not let you off so easily with this your veiled insult. Do I really need to remind you that "Only a fool learns from his own mistakes, while the wisest men learn from the mistakes of others"?! Your so-called advice is limited to the experience you have had with the one person you are married to, my own advice is based on the multiple experiences of others who have gone through the marriage process, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the foolish person is!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by rully2: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
@poster, Your first mistake is thinking that for the fact that you married a virgin, she should be a perfect wife. Maybe you have'nt learnt how to be a good husband yourself (seeing the way you addressed your wife with ''doctors putting their hands in'' which is a normal examining process for any pregnant woman)

There is no where in record that virgins make the best wives. Still, analyse your situation very well before taking a step!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
claremont:

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes, while the wisest men learn from the mistakes of others"!
GBAMTICALIZED!
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by LongOne1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
claremont:

No way mate! I will not let you off so easily with this your veiled insult. Do I really need to remind you that "Only a fool learns from his own mistakes, while the wisest men learn from the mistakes of others"?! Your so-called advice is limited to the experience you have had with the one person you are married to, my own advice is based on the multiple experiences of others who have gone through the marriage process, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the foolish person is!
I disagree with you slightly on this one, mate. You can proffer solutions based on KNOWLEDGE, but you are in a BETTER situation when you actually experience it.

That’s why despite all the education you receive at the University, you still go through some sort of graduate training/coaching and mentoring on the job under EXPERIENCED people before you actually gain the experience.

You hear buzz words in the Industry such as ‘best practice’, ‘best breed’, ‘common practice’, but you can only really understand them when you experience them yourself. Hence, the most difficult courses in Academia have a THEORY (based on hearsay) aspect and a PRACTICAL (gives you experience) one.

In conclusion, I think knowledge prepares you, but it's experience that perfects you.
Re: Virginity Is Not Every Thing by chiteny(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
Long One, May Your Days Be Long. You Have Spoken Well. kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Which Guy Would You Rather? / Beautiful And Creative Drawings Done By My Girlfriend / Chose These Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.