Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? (35631 Views)

Strange Tree In Borno State That Grows Back After Being Cut Now Tourist Center / Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Villagers Catch Huge Python In Awka, Anambra, Cut Its Stomach Open After Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by cuttestprince(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Esseite:
I was crossing oceans for the idiot thinking he was just down financially all for the donkey to make some money and he became too busy...

This life, you never know a man untill he is tested with wealth and power, you never know a woman untill you go broke.
Just same as mine here
Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by leye4u: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kaiair:

Nothing will ever make me give up cuban cigars

But Cuban cigar fit give up on you sha.....he no send you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Fairview1: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
Growth!

I was so passionate about personal development and self-improvement, but these guys felt like it never mattered. Later on, whenever I try to engage them in a mind stretching conversation beyond the random casual talks, they seem unavailable. That was when it occurred to me that if I must improve further, I need to limit the amount of time I was spending with them.

Till today, none of them actually knew why I technically avoided their company, even though we talk and gist (most times over the phone) whenever the need arises, but I am no longer available for those long, lengthy fruitless conversation.

Well, I'm still working on myself, trying to improve and develop further for the tasks and other leadership obligations ahead.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ofofo, i. e. Backbiting and perfidy and frontal wickedness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Psady(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nah! I don't call anyone best friend, it's absurd.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Teenwolf(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
He was a poor fool angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
1. my uni best friend just one day after football argument blocked me on Facebook for disagreeing with his point. this was a friend we were like twins in sch.. lived in my lodge during project, we were just together like we were from the same parent.. now i retaliated n block him.. after three years, he sent me a new friend request. i kept it in waiting till now.. friendship ends

2. the other one is neighbourhood childhood padi. he started yahoo. balling big and enjoying himself. while we that were going to sch were wasting our time and money..doesn't care about going to sch or learning a skill. when yahoo went downhill.. he began to leech on me as support. that i began to take care of his needs.. one day. i just left him and change my contact.. leave the area and cut off from him..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Munzy14(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kaiair:

Na one sickness go reset you sha grin

No be only cuban...na Taiwan cigar

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Yuneehk(f): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Savagr:
I have no friend
Talk more of Best cheesy
grin cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by NACE13: 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
Life happened. We grew up, went to different schools, I moved out of the hood. Then the hustle for daily bread came too fast, that we forgot what friendship is.
I'm a quiet and reserved person, he is the party and show-off type of guy. We just grew apart- Life happened, no hating.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by FirstbornWds: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
FatherBona:

Chemotherapy will

Keep calm

You wicked cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by mixta140: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
akaahs:
Dude was expecting me to borrow him money for his wedding (150k), I gave him 50k and he got angry. He refused picking my calls, I still traveled for 3 hrs for wedding as the best man after organizing all his groom's men only for him to still shoon me. I decided not to do the best man again.
What pain most is, the guy hurriedly set for the wedding because he got the girl pregnant and I was involved in the stages of the marriage, he never mentioned it, till the wedding day I noticed the girl is pregnant.
I just blocked him in all areas.
I collected a loan for his wedding when he said he needed some money to buy a Live cow ... 7days to wedding ... We had an agreement and concluded on how he will pay... Was even his best man... Wedding day ... I help him pack money and guard it so that people will not steal from it... After that day .. Na lies upon lies ooo... I wan cry .... He later paid 2 3rd and didnt pay the rest till today ... I have to pay the remaining loan myself ...
I chop insult no be small from loan company... with plenty lies from him .. Since then i said to myself make person dey die ... I can never inconvenient myself for them lailai.... E pain me no be small....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by OBoy50: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Peskid147:
Pride, lie just to feel among the big boys in camp.
exactly why I just left my very own best friend... Such a betrayal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Maxpro121: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
Damnfailure:
I am a failure too ashamed of my status so I cut all friends .am patiently waiting for my exit from this life.

so sad bro, it just look like village have won but I'm certainly someday you will have reason to look and thank God for timess

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by vickvan(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
We've been tight friends right from Uni days. I shared almost what I had with him, borrowed him money which atimes he won't pay but I had to let go for friendship sake, gave him my other phone while his own was stolen even had to accommodate him at some point. He was more of a receiver than a giver but I overlooked all that because he was my only tight friend I had then. I was just naive.

Now the cruise of the matter. I called baba for financial aid but he said he will get to me since he will get to me. The rest they say is history. Things are really difficult but I will keep my hustle alive I definitely know one day, my turn to shine is near.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by bantex4uu(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
My Secondary School friend Chigozie Enoch.( triumph commercial college Zaria) A very wonderful friend and brother. I wish I can ever see him to apologise for all the wrong I did to him.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Lamasta(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
The only one I could call my best friend I lost him during my undergraduate days it was so painful..... He's the only guy I can hit my chest to call a friend

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Asour:

You shouldn't.

In a way everyone else is also 'waiting'. But why wait doing nothing? Take up a skill and pursue to perfection. Their presence no longer pressures you so you should be freer.

Cheers.
His moniker says it all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by 9iceprince(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Alcohol level
Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by dantewest: 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kaiair:

Have you tried e-cigarettes? They help with smoking cessation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Damnfailure: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Maxpro121:

so sad bro, it just look like village have won but I'm certainly someday you will have reason to look and thank God for timess

I just want to exit now don't care again
Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Mrice22: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
My good friend caught me when I wanted to bleeped her kid sister in their house, inside his own room... He didn't said anything to me, but only went outside which I followed him, he ignored me for almost a month... The funniest thing is that both our mom's noticed that we're not cool with each other and when asked about what's wrong, like if he was the one they asked first, will said they should asked me.. same goes to me... That's how our friendship ended up... Though this happened when I was Jss3 student

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by forMom(f): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kaiair:
My secondary school friend pressurized me into smoking and drinking then all of a sudden changed his ways one day, plus he turned into a pastor always preaching about how my actions will lead me to hell.....

He began expecting me to do the same, he forgot I told him at the beginning if I ever indulge anything I usually don't go back....my soul is lost already.....and no I have no business with holy people.

Your soul is not lost. That's just a stronghold in your mind that you're holding on to.
Let go of it.
With Jesus's help, you can break off any addiction.
I'm a living witness.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
dantewest:

Have you tried e-cigarettes? They help with smoking cessation
I combine both... vape pens mostly
Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by 1Sharon(f): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mrice22:
My good friend caught me when I wanted to bleeped her kid sister in their house, inside his own room... He didn't said anything to me, but only went outside which I followed him, he ignored me for almost a month... The funniest thing is that both our mom's noticed that we're not cool with each other and when asked about what's wrong, like if he was the one they asked first, will said they should asked me.. same goes to me... That's how our friendship ended up... Though this happened when I was Jss3 student

He had every right to go crazy about what happened, but he didn't say anything to anyone.

Did you apologise to him?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mine were yahoo boiz making money but I decided wayback not to make it through yahoo. I have attended their weddings and did my part more than I would expect others do for me and come my wedding, they didn't show up given it was outta state but sent money.
After the wedding, I relocated to Lagos to start a new adventure with my wife.
No close friends ever since and very hard still to make new friends talkless of best friends.
Maybe when I japa sha, I fit find some new comrades with shared values.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by Amarita(f): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
She said I should stop calling her after contacting her ex for help..

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by nkypat: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
I traveled to the east for her father’s burial during lockdown…was in their village for 2days but i was in the hospital for 5 days she never visited but ended up with silly excuses…

8 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by forMom(f): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
snookcg:
Mine were yahoo boiz making money but I decided wayback not to make it through yahoo. I have attended their weddings and did my part more than I would expect others do for me and come my wedding, they didn't show up given it was outta state but sent money.
After the wedding, I relocated to Lagos to start a new adventure with my wife.
No close friends ever since and very hard still to make new friends talkless of best friends.
Maybe when I japa sha, I fit find some new comrades with shared values.
But seriously how ever did you consider yahoo boys your friends?
They clearly don't value relationship. They may not even have same values you have.
Sorry to say, but you didn't have any friends.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by purples25(f): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
What I truly hate is for someone to lead you into something bad, only to completely flip and treat you like you are the corrupt person and start preaching to you ...... Meanwhile they are the ones that led you to that act, they are the ones that completely introduced you and put pressure on you to do it.

People are just weird. Why introduce me only to pull away to be preaching to me? Guess to them it's a game of who is holy and better, so they need that friend to corrupt so that when they change, they can have who to look down on, and say 'I'm better than this one.' Last last they are decieving themselves.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by marischerry(f): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
She refused coming to visit me throughout the period I was hospitalized. I called her and told her my situation but yet it didn't move her.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? by brightest5050: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
nijaomegacode:
I found Christ but he remains a muslim. Two can not work together except they agree.

What happened to religious tolerance. This is not an intelligent reason

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ways To Show Courtsey (pics) / Electric Shocks Policeman In Minna And 2 Others (Photos) / Flood Drowns Woman With Her Car In Tamale, Ghana (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.