Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Share Your Unemployment Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Unemployment Experience (19323 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by ennon92(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Focwireless17:
This online people sha. You will not accept 1m a month but you dey put your number make people pay you money because you Wan help them. Essssh
You dey mind the ediot...

See as he dey spam everywhere with him bullcrap

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Ojochogwusunny(m): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
I am an NCE holder. I finished my NCE programme 2018,I started working as a security operative immediately I graduated from school till last month. I resigned last month due to several reasons: 1. The salary is meagre compared to the stress I am subjected to 2. Security work is risky: one can get jailed for a crime one knows nothing about, a security guard is the number one target of armed robbers during their operations. 3. One is deprived of night's sleep for 1week. 4.security work is synonymous to humiliation; a security guard is commonly seen as someone who has no bearing in life, a nonentity and a hopeless person. 4. I find it difficult to communicate eloquently in English Language because most of my colleagues are not learned. We converse in Hausa and pidgin.
I need a job with good prospect, like Teaching or any job that can improve my communication skills. Within the short period of time that I have been jobless I have received 3 security job offers which I rejected. I have resolved not to work as a security guard again and I don't want to go against it. Please I need your advice. Pardon my grammatical and mechanical errors

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Offpoint1: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
I no send life again, anything life like make e do me... What will be will be.

I've only been sacked once by Indians for incompetency (Yeah, they tried to turned me into a machine so I become nonchalant towards the job)
I felt bad for just a day or 2 because I know my skills. I got a remote job 4 days after, salary was nothing (30k) but at least I was not spending on transportation, The start up closed down in 4 months time due to some government and competitors shits. I still didn't feel bad because I believe what will be will be.

Long story short, It's better you a skill than you have JUST certificates, you can always fall back to your skill for sustenance when shit hits you.

Street has thought me a lot of things, but I've made up my mind.... NOTHING FIT BOTHER ME AGAIN.... what will be will be.

Till date I don't fully depend on salary because that thing dey finish in less than a week. I not where I was yesterday experience-wise, I'm not where I want to be Financially, but I'm sure not relenting... I MOVE!!!

I'm available for full-Time or remote Graphics Designs, Digital marketing and social media management position.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Amtrak: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:

I have been laid off once and fired once. And I also survived 2 mass layoffs.

None of those experiences felt good. When I was let go the first time, I panicked because I had no savings.

I spent 3 months unemployed.

The second time, I had savings and spent 5 months unemployed. But I survived both times and actually moved into better roles.

Today, I’m grateful that I had those experience even though I was devastated in those moments.

They pushed me to the next level in my career each time. To everyone being affected by layoffs, please take the time to breathe.

Evaluate what you really want out of your next opportunity.

And keep your head up.

Something better is coming!

Why is your phone number incorrect?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mine is long.
I started my career as a sales rep with one the biggest feed companies in the country, located in Jos. I studied Animal Health Technology. My sales was doing well until the company decided to produce a low budget layer feed for people who could not afford the regular feed. The quality so poor that it made farmers abandon the brand because the feed gave very poor egg production. My sales nose-dived. The company was looking for a scapegoat, and fingers were pointed at me, blaming me for incompetence in managing customers and farmers to continue using what is killing their farms. For that reason,that they no longer need my service. As they were preparing my sack letter, I resigned. I had no savings cos I was building my house. I stayed home for 3 months, those months were hell. On the 4th Month, I got a job with a popular hatchery in Oyo state, to be their sales rep in Katsina and Zamfara. I was to market 2 products. Chicks and feed. When I started, sales there was zero. I raised the sales of day-old-chicks by over 20% while that of feed was not possible because the company had already soiled its reputation with lack of production, which caused unavailability of feed. The GM Sales phoned me one afternoon, shouting on me, saying I am lazy and I don't work, that all I do is to be sleeping everyday there in Katsina, that they are giving me 1 week, if I don't come up with sales of feed I will be sacked. Guess what? 2 days later, I resigned. I stayed home for one year no job, it wasn't as hellish as the last joblessness though, cos I had moved into my house and went to crop farming. In 2021, I got an offer with a Lagos company to be their sales rep in Abuja, the pay was good, but just like the last job, they stopped production for almost a year and customers have gone to other brands, sales was also zero, I was expected to revive sales. I am good at that. I resumed late July. But the problem was that before I got a depot for the company in Abuja so that products will be shipped from Lagos for Abuja customers, it took me more than a month. It wasn't even a fault of mine. It was due to the very sluggish due process they applied before approving money for the depot's rent. I started sales in September, convincing customers to come back was not joke, but by December, sales was above 30% of my target. Just when I was getting ready to go for introduction, to get married, boom! A letter hit my mail that if I don't get 100% sales, I will be laid off. Baba, naso e happen. I was laid off February this year, 2022. The company no just get patience, just when sales was beginning to rise, that's when they cut me down. So if you know any company in the veterinary/livestock industry hiring, I am available. I can cover any where for them as far as it is in the North, even if it is Maiduguri, 0802. 760. 6363.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by SMJay: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
shocked
Mbenny:
i am unemployed since the year 2008 till date and i am still applying and hopping.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Emeka71(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hamachi:
Great message, Often times, people use these moments as the final nudge they needed to get them to take the leap of faith to make a career pivot. We saw it in 2020 with the hospitality sector and a bunch of others.

Career pivot or not, there are many, many stories of people who were laid off and eventually found their way to something much, much better.
Likewise me he cause when I stopped working with VTL Insurance Brokers LTD ; I started 9jaPen as entrepreneur.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by FuckDModz: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
grin

I had to quit my job for NYSC. After NYSC, to get the job back na wahala because I was offered a lower position and pay.

I jeje learn programming and the rest is history.

No young person should be jobless.

Jobs yakpa!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by SMJay: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ojochogwusunny:
I am an NCE holder. I finished my NCE programme 2018,I started working as a security operative immediately I graduated from school till last month. I resigned last month due to several reasons: 1. The salary is meagre compared to the stress I am subjected to 2. Security work is risky: one can get jailed for a crime one knows nothing about, a security guard is the number one target of armed robbers during their operations. 3. One is deprived of night's sleep for 1week. 4.security work is synonymous to humiliation; a security guard is commonly seen as someone who has no bearing in life, a nonentity and a hopeless person. 4. I find it difficult to communicate eloquently in English Language because most of my colleagues are not learned. We converse in Hausa and pidgin.
I need a job with good prospect, like Teaching or any job that can improve my communication skills. Within the short period of time that I have been jobless I have received 3 security job offers which I rejected. I have resolved not to work as a security guard again and I don't want to go against it. Please I need your advice. Pardon my grammatical and mechanical errors
Try schools in your areas or tutorial centers.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hamachi:

A solar energy company is currently recruiting for the below position.

Job Role: Customer Service Representative Intern
Job Type: 6 months renewable contract
* Fluent in English, Hausa,Nupe and Yoruba language.
* Minimum of 1 year Customer Service experience

CVs can be sent to
talentresourcesng.eea@engie.com with "CSR" as subject of the mail.A thriving and fast expanding rice mill located in Sokoto is urgently looking for suitable candidates for the following positions:

*General Manager
* Accountant

Ideal candidates for each role must have previous knowledge of the food production industry, a team player & must have great leadership and communication skill

Salary: Attractive

Qualified candidates should send their resume to distincthires@gmail.com using the position as subject.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Emeka71(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
QuinModah:
How do you know this? Or you speaking from experience?
Hello babe; please can we talk

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Alldrinksin9ja: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
What's ur location?

easzypeaszy:
I was sacked Feb
More than 300 applications
Over 40 regret mail
God Bless me with Twins
Na die hard I dey now so
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
okerekeikpo:
I graduated since 2010 and uptill now i don't still have a job na only God know how I dey take survive, complete 12yrs

Chai! This one strong.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by GerraMeh74(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
After school I got a job as a sales rep, salary na 50k, from 2017 till 2019,Salary increase to 70k, In 2021 ending an additional 10k was added salary became 80k. I decided to stop last two months because of the massive inflation and how in the space of 5years ,I have only gotten an increment of 30k despite the massive increase in work load and the visible growth of the organisation. CEO enjoys drives luxury cars and goes on vacation, meanwhile as an employee you struggle to even feed, talk more of transport,buy cloths,still have small savings. Oh did I mention that the working hours was from 8am to 6pm every day and Saturdays and public holidays for 9am to 3pm. Working for any private organization without any structure especially a one man business is hell on earth. For now I am not looking forward to work again, just my small side hustles and look out for better opportunities. Life no too hard,na people dey make life hard.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Alldrinksin9ja: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Whatß ur location?
Ojochogwusunny:
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Starz825:

He is so on point...
Esp in Lagos..you see them on suit but omoo...na 35k be their salary... can't even cover for their feeding and transport...

Salary low ... expenses are high.....

Nigerians are human tardigrades...
We go survive every situation till we all make it

Come Abuja come see na. You will see someone dressed neatly in suit and tie, will stop you and say bros help me with N200 for transport. O boy life hard.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Offpoint1: 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
seanwilliam:
End of 2015 while working for a farm. Our boss had issues with some banks loans. I cried cos I had no option to sort money . I left ijebu .. but later the issues was resolved but I was already back to school ..

Also while working for a local pharmaceutical company, I had problem with the new supervisor, he sacked me..

To my surprise other workers stopped working that day and protested against the man. The issues escalated and they call our oga for Lagos , Honestly I was loved by many at work back then.. I was called back the following week but I already left ibadan ..
Beginning of this year, I saw the supervisor working at one private school ( I passed the place ), I greeted him like an old friends and honestly I was not holding any grudges against him again . Although I was stubborn, humorous and hardworking at factory back then .. I give am tough time . Lol

These were my two experiences.

Boss mi I sight you wink
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
Focwireless17:
This online people sha. You will not accept 1m a month but you dey put your number make people pay you money because you Wan help them. Essssh

I tire for the guy o.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Jefferyhi86(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
Still practicing unemployment embarassed

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Alldrinksin9ja: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
If interested in developing an already existing provision store for a salary of 40k and a room where u can stay..

Nothing in the room except u bring along.

Note: you have to handle it like urs and make profit.

Location is Lagos.

Call me on 08034223389

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Ojochogwusunny(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
SMJay:
Try schools in your areas or tutorial centers.
thank you boss. I will do as you said
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by chatinent: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
Na person I tell my secret create this post.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Eagba(m): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Maj196:
Mehn unemployment is rife in Nigeria. Well I was once there and its definitely not a good place to be. The only way to beat unemployment is to move to tech. Believe me you are made for life. Peace
bros if you are in position of power, what will you to encourage more Nigerians to go into tech.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Josbreed: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
chatinent:
Na person I tell my secret create this post.
So?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Odaveboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
Alldrinksin9ja:
If interested in developing an already existing provision store for a salary of 40k and a room where u can stay..

Nothing in the room except u bring along.

Note: you have to handle it like urs and make profit.

Location is Lagos.

Call me on 08034223389

Sorry to ask bro .....what part of Lagos?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Ojochogwusunny(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Alldrinksin9ja:
Whatß ur location?
Abuja
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Worldofall: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
My present work is just hell, the environment is toxic plus I am the only one here that don't understand the language. The office politics is driving me into depression but when I look at the outside world is scary. My plan now is how to raise money for japa. I have been able to raise half of the money for school fee. This country na hell, if you are a lady we can collabo and do the arrangement to go provided you will support me with the half amount remaining.

Note we will process everything by ourselves, because is study visa.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kccheechy(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
I graduated since 2017. Till now, no job. Sometime last year, I went for IRATA training and offshore rigger training in port harcourt and got certified. Yet, no job was forthcoming. After sometime, I started seeing the jobs but couldn’t apply because I needed some other documents to qualify me for offshore travel. These documents (BOISET, medical clearance and OSP)cost a lot of money and I didn’t have it anywhere. As God will have it, my relations favored me with the money without first asking for it from them. I quickly processed those documents and had everything ready by March this year. Brethren, since I got the documents complete till now, I haven’t seen any job to work with it and it’s making me depressed. It’s not a funny’s situation at all. How I got the money to do all these was just favor from God. Everything cost more than a million naira. I have debt of almost 700k to settle but here I am at home jobless!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Odaveboy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kccheechy:
I graduated since 2017. Till now, no job.

Bruh I am tired
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by easzypeaszy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
Alldrinksin9ja:
What's ur location?

Agege Lagos
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Fireson: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Never been fired or layed off . Na me dey sack my bosses cheesy
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kola5281(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
sorosoke101:
Unemployment be like bicycle nah big wahala. imagine a graduate of microbiology becoming a delivery man with Glovo. But now the orders are very low and I am planning to quit.

Omooo you sef na microbiology grad too... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Representative Recruitment / What Is The Worth Of A Phd Financially? / Discrimination Against Graduates From State Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.