Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them (8240 Views)

Ugwuaji Land Dispute: Enugu Government Constitutes Panel Of Inquiry / State Secretariat Annex: Enugu Community Thanks Ugwuanyi / Enugu Govt To Reconstruct Monarch Mini-bridge, Ugwuaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by OEPHIUS(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2022
Polity: Gov. Ugwuanyi is the liberator of our time, jinx breaker – Greater Ugwuaji people

…Pay Thank-you visit to Governor

The jubilant people of Greater Ugwuaji communities in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State have described Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi as their liberator, who came into office, saw the suppression they were experiencing in the polity of the council area for decades, intervened and conquered it, in keeping with his administration’s peace and good governance initiatives.

The people of Greater Ugwuaji communities, who trooped out in their numbers to the Government House, Enugu, to thank Gov. Ugwuanyi for the emergence of their illustrious son as the elected Chairman of Enugu South LGA for the first time in the history of Enugu State in the person of Barr. Chiemezie Ngwuo, said the governor has “made the impossible possible”.

Speaking on behalf of the people, who came with their masquerades and cultural dance groups, dancing and thanking Gov. Ugwuanyi, Hon. Barr. Okechukwu Ede disclosed that prior to the governor’s intervention[b] “there have been acts of subjugation, suppression and denials of all sorts existing in our polity against the Greater Ugwuaji communities”, adding that the ugly experience had prevented their communities from having a say in governance virtually at all levels. [/b]

Hon. Ede told Gov. Ugwuanyi that “when your administration came on board, despite the enormous responsibilities on your shoulder, you never neglected or ignored addressing these aspects of man inhumanity to man. You handled these alongside the huge developmental projects in the state.

“As a leader endowed with good conscience and fear of God you took a bold step in addressing this ugly trend by appointing one of us, Hon. Engr. Aloy Ogbodo, as a Commissioner in your cabinet, first ever in the history of Enugu State.

“You did not stop at that, you set up a framework for the rotation of the Chairmanship of Enugu South Local Government Council among the four core communities of Amechi, Obeagu, Ugwuaji and Akwuke by creating the atmosphere and enablement that made it possible for Ugwuaji to produce the Chairman of Enugu South Local Government Council, for the first time in a democratic election. This was actualized in one of us, the ebullient, energetic, hardworking and erudite lawyer, Hon. Barr. Chiemezie Nkwuo”.

Expressing their deep appreciation to Gov. Ugwuanyi, Hon. Ede added: “What your predecessors saw and could not challenge, you saw it, confronted it and have conquered it. The teeming people of Greater Ugwuaji are saying thank you a million times. We pray that the Almighty God will certainly reward you immeasurably in all aspect of your life endeavour. Your name will ever remain on the lips of every person born of Greater Ugwuaji from generation to generation”.

In his speech, the Chairman of Enugu South LGA, Hon. Barr. Ngwuo, said that Gov. Ugwuanyi is “a man of peace who stood and defended those that have been oppressed and denied their right” and thanked “God in a special way for using you to liberate Ugwuaji people and put smiles on the faces of the entire communities”.

Describing Gov. Ugwuanyi as a jinx breaker, the Council Chairman said: “Generations will never forget this benevolence. Our children unborn will hear this story. A day will be set aside in Ugwuaji that we will celebrate as Gburugburu Day.

“It will be a yearly event. If our children, if our generations unborn ask us why are we doing this, we will tell them that a man came in as Governor of Enugu State and did the impossible. A man came up in Enugu State as a King and executed judgment. A man came up in Enugu State and enthroned justice. A man came up in Enugu State and established peace. We are grateful.

“Ugwuaji greets you. Our children are here, elders are here, women are here, youths are here, traditional rulers are here, priests are here to say thank you to you”.

In their separate speeches, HRH Igwe C.I. Nyia, Okado I of Obeagu-Ugwuaji and the eldest man in Ugwuaji, Chief Ugwua-Nvene thanked Gov. Ugwuanyi in a special way and prayed for peace and God’s abundant blessings upon him and his family.

Special prayer was offered for the governor by the Coordinator Ugwuaji Minister’s Forum, Ven. Rev. Ezekiel Ogbu.

The way OSU ALUSI IPOB JEW PIGs take carry this OSUN ELECTION matter for head, you go think say na ANAMBRA, ENUGU OR IMO the election dey take place 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=597995071684982&id=100044234839321

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by davidupdate89: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2022
is this for real, or have these set of people been paid?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by DropsMic(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2022
Enugu died under Gburugburu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by mistercardinal(m): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2022
Enugu people are badly praise singers no for no just course. They’re simply enabling the ripping off Enugu resources by this female governor and his cohorts

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by worldwonders: 9:27am On Jul 17, 2022
cool
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by condralbedez: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2022
undecided
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2022
davidupdate89:
is this for real, or have these set of people been paid?
No, they have not. I'm from Amechi, the neigbouring village to Ugwuaji. Infact, we're one and the same people but due to the nonsense Ohu (osu) system, they have been subjugated, same as Akwuke people. I like the fact that they've been given a sense of belonging and their area is also seeing a lot of industrial revolution. If this is the only thing that Ugwuanyi has achieved then he has done well in this regard.

30 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 17, 2022
People of Isreal grin
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by englishmart(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2022
The Nigerian Jews. Very good looking, highly blessed and talented lots.
Thank you, Lord, for making me Igbo. If not, I would have long killed myself

5 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Kenmatt(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2022
The last paragraph of this piece of writing killed it all.

It's clystal clear you are paid to do this job. You also pay this forum for your job to be at Front Page whenever it comes.

From this day henceforth, I'll seize to view and read your thread.

I have no business with IPOB but for you to drag IPOB into this, has gone a long way to prove it all.

Even when I do gush; "Enugu State is in the Hand of God", it's not really by what you write but I know a reason for that.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2022
This governor has an impressive media team!
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Manna4Gurls: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2022
Afam4eva:

No, they have not. I'm from Amechi, the neigbouring village to Ugwuaji. Infact, we're one and the same people but due to the nonsense Ohu (osu) system, they have been subjugated, same as Akwuke people. I like the fact that they've been given a sense of belonging and their area is also seeing a lot of industrial revolution. If this is the only thing that Ugwuanyi has achieved then he has done well in this regard.

My brother from Amechi, DAALU. You said well.

But which side for Amechi do you hail from. I'm from that side too;Nkanu West

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2022
Afam4eva:

..... You are truly a very honest Amechi man.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Halo22: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2022
I am sure Jim Nwobodo won't like this. He tried stopping the Governor from handing over the chairmanship to an Ugwuaji man, but Gov. Ugwuanyi considered the plight of the people of Ugwuaji. God bless him for that.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by enuguyouth: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2022
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by zahrach: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2022
The way OSU ALUSI IPOB JEW PIGs take carry this ELECTION matter for head, you go think say na ANAMBRA, ENUGU OR IMO the election dey take place

Some news I read for nairaland is alarming walahi
Why insulting ur people
Why igbos are always distroy ur selfs
Becouse am very sure na igbo man write this news
Is this news or wat
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by RESTMOUTH99(m): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2022
Good
Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by molbic(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2022
Oephius akpa-amu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by Thorondor: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2022
Enugu people and praise singing be like bread and butter

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by chysam: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2022
mistercardinal:
Enugu people are badly praise singers no for no just course. They’re simply enabling the ripping off Enugu resources by this female governor and his cohorts

Exactly my thought
Our mumu is still under production

A people who will glaringly see that nothing is working and yet keep praising a governor that is bereft of economic and leadership ideas

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Ugwuaji Community Thanks Governor For Ending Subjugation Against Them by TheOldGods: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2022
all these is just camouflage, PDP is never winning Enugu state again, never, and ugwuanyi will never win that senate. Is like the man doesn't know how terrible and hatred people have for him. Someone we call mummy, messed up Enugu state, couldn't even build a flyover at ogbete, built nonsense iron which people angrily destroyed. To show you the hate people have for the man, the cross over bridge he built in ogbete, people do not go through it, never will you see anyone go through it. It's the extra money it will cost LP candidate Edeoga to remove that nonsense is what I'm angry. Either LP or Apga can win. Never again, we are wiser now fools

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? / Nigeria Army, Nigeria Air Force And Nigeria Navy Are Above Efcc, / Senate Gives IGP 14 Days To Arrest Benue Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.