Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? (20084 Views)

Photo Of Vendor Supplying Water To Bayelsa State Water Board Goes Viral / Dapo Abiodun Reads Riots Act To Ogun State Water Corporation / Lagos State Water Corporation Apologies Over Water Supply Disruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by rexchazy(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pacesetterz:

NAF Base,Kawo
interesting to know, Kaduna is a beautiful place to grow

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by mightyfacts: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
Here in Kubwa(Abuja) I stay in F01. Water and light is 24/7...

When I say 24/7, I mean it though the light dey be like 18hrs sometimes but water is 24/7 and the bill is 2k per month for each flat

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by SU50: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
Googledotcom:
These are minor things we ought to enjoy in this country but it's been taken away from us by greedy politicians.

2023 is our time to take back 9ja.

I honestly like this anger and energy we are displaying regarding the state of our nation. However, I believe 2023 won't be the take back naija, it may be the year to start the process though.

60-70% of the problems of this country are instilled and nurtured at the local level i.e state governors, if we can put them in check and force accountability down their necks, things may change.

Scenario: how many states have standard education from nursery to secondary schools? I mean schools you can take your kids to without worrying about quality of their education?

How many have primary health care centres that are worth the name?

How many house of assemblies can summon a governor and start any punishable process on him? The ones who are supposed to hold the governors to checks and balances have become worse than rubber stamp. Its what the governors want that they will implement.

You name it, everything is a rot.

Meanwhile our governors are globetrotting while forcing down on us the worst of conditions.

We need to rise up and challenge the status quo but also be smart about it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by BigBizzy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rivers State - NO

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by bonnyhope: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
Orch1981:
Bro am from Anambra state in 1988 I saw water running in my community in ihiala I mean from 1988 to 1990s

How old are you
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by luluosas(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
Edo State Water Board is now moribund. Every single landlord/lady is now their own Water Board as they now have their personal boreholes. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by southernbelle(f): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Triangles1:
Abuja federal capital water board is one of the best in Africa.

Modified.

To does quoting me about some estate in Abuja that doesn't have water connected to their estate is because of the cost, some of them dig bore hole to reduce the bills they paid.

It was efficient, yes but not anymore. From 2021 till this year, the service became very epileptic - it will not flow for days and when it eventually does, the pressure is weak and cannot even get to the first floor of my building. I called the authorities severally and they kept saying they were having issues so we had to construct our own borehole.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Bishops10(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

Firstly say what you know ...Enugu water board still functions , imo still functions ...but the reality is it's far more economical to dig a borehole down south ...it's cheaper 80k to 400k ..and you won't spend more than 5k per year for pumping water

Sorry Sir, Which Imo state? You obviously don't live in this state.

The Otamiri water Board behind Chisco that has gone moribund for years?
The last time I saw Government Supplied water(Within Ikenegbu) was during Udenwa's tenure or Maybe early years of Ohakim's Tenure.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Ten06(m): 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Na wa. Nothing wey person no go hear for our country. Mairuwa dey supply water to Bayelsa water board...an oil rich state. Just as Phcn uses generator to power. Nigeria is finished grin

Which village is that? Are you from Awkaetiti?

I am very sure it’s another of my eastern bro behind this comment.
Whose function is it? Buhari’s function? Ngozi Okonjo Iweala’s function? Paul Kegame’s function?
Pls enlighten me

Comments like that of Anthonyoz makes most southeast govs misbehave and govern us anyhow...because of our i don’t care attitude. Anthonyoz, ICYMI,Water is essential and a basic amenity. Even the WHO marks ‘Water Day’. So any govt must make it as a point of duty to provide this amenity to her pple. Pls don’t come here and yarn nonsense. It’s high time we held our leaders by their balls whe pressing their necks. I am very sure you’re part of the Nigerians planning to leave the ‘shit hole’ country for a better one. The jokes on you.

The eastern region makes governance seems very hard. I have never seen a state water running in homes. Everybody is digging boreholes for themselves. Even with the river Niger,water is still hard. Don’t really know about southwest.

Lagos state water board still dey exist?

What that guy said about Yenagoa, Bayelsa State is true. It is mairuwa that supply water to the citizens and the water board

2 Likes

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Bestinstinct(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
I've been enjoying pipe borne water since I relocated to Abuja and it's 100% constant.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by okeysoninv: 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Francophones be like Europe for public utility o, for the urban areas wey get, den no use am play.

Their electricity is also cheap. Our office is charged like XAF 3,400 a month for electricity that almost never goes off.

Water also flowing, but you gat pay.

You can't not pay!
which country abeg
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Fr33born(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Odin13:

I’m in Enugu like this .. tell me dey area in Enugu state it runs and I will go and verify..

Or we go together

Let’s call spade spade

Propaganda don’t help

Ngige tried reviving anambra water .. obi cancelled it for 8 years

Wake me no be yorub man

Oga go to Ogui road and verify. Enugu waterboard still function but not every area.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by eaglez(m): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
I love this, please explain to him more, I was surprised when I saw his submissions, please I will advise your ministry organise a sensitization tour in all local government area of the state and let them know what they need to know about the water board in the state else you guys will have people of the below mentions to spread false rumours.
mrvitalis:

Oga the water board in Enugu is functioning but not everywhere go ask questions
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Larrybuje: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Yes but is epileptic
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
naija4life247:

Is Tinubu also embezzling Akwa-Ibom state's money?
Who's mentioning that drug lord here or what has this thread got to do with the poo poo peeing baba emi lokan?
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
Spaxon:

The water board at Brooks Street no de work again?
I am not sure that it is still working
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Lindajames1010: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
AriseNews:

20 litres for 100 Naira? Na wao. From those who sell in trucks? or neighborhood borehole?
from eighborhood GP tank
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by paschal47(m): 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Seems the 'god' of water is angry with people from Awka-etiti. I heard they once chased a river away

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by zincnike(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
Here in abia state d board has long been forgotten,nofin like dat again
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
The last time I heard about water board was 18 years ago and it was in Bukuru, Jos Plateau State.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Ulunne777(f): 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
clericuzzio:

During my secondary school days in Owerri, we had running water till I left In 2004..
But Ohakim, Rochas and Now Uzodinjo has finally buried a once functioning ministry

Even up til 2015 around world bank areas
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Oemies35: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Yes, here in Eleme LGA Rivers State, it runs three times a week.

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by gab4cha: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
They haven't been able to make water run in home yet they're pushing a water bill.

Please what's the aim of that water bill with our law makers sef?
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by NoToPile: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nazgul:

In Surulere where I used to stay then, water from the government was working till Ambode's tenure. It was when he started trying to make it prepaid like light, that was when everyone abandoned it and started digging boreholes.

Loool that's always the problem, when you always have to pay then it becomes an issue for us in this country, I saw that meter stuff somewhere in surulere then.

1 Like

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Blue3k(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pacesetterz:
I am deeply concerned to ask this question on a forum like this to read the reactions and feelings of Nigerians concerning basic infrastructure needs like water in a state.

How many states can boast of portable water running through their houses(I’m not talking about boreholes)...I mean tap water provided by the state govt.

In Akwa Ibom definate no. There's not one state can even say they supply everyone in an LG water. Compare the water budget to church construction budget in Akwa Ibom.

Ps: I think that was the 2021 budget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Commentor: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
IjapaTiroko:
The major reason Water Works in all Nigerian states barely function is because Nigerians mostly DON'T pay their water bill. While growing up, people in the area I used to live will burst water pipes, then we'll start fetching water once the Lagos Water Corporation supplies water at 4/6pm.
The corporation now supplies water 3 times a week.
Nigerians ruined the water corporation just like they ruined NEPA by owing debts and free connection.
This is not to imply that the Water Corporation boards were not complicit in some way, but I'll blame the state governors more for their lack of strict monitoring and punishment of offenders.

Throughout my stay in a Francophone African country, I never lacked water once for 3 years! I always pay my bill on time. If I refuse to pay, the board will come and take away my meter and I dare not burst their pipes. I'll have to go to the Corporation to pay a hefty fine.
My neighbours that didn't pay their bills on time cannot fetch water in my apartment beyond a day cuz my bill will skyrocket!

Applause.

A Nigerian that tells the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Commentor: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shoodboi:

You mean our water corporations don't work because we don't pay bills? NEPA too packed up because we don't pay bills? What about the electricity distribution companies? They too are struggling because we don't pay bills?

Does it make sense that people would burst pipe to fetch water and no one would complain? Do you not realize that water needs pressure to flow, which means the neighbors and everyone else down the road would speak out because bursting the pipe reduces the rate water flows to their homes, if it ever flows at all?

Blame the government for running the water and electricity stations down. People in the US, UK, and every other country where water and electricity are available owe billions of dollars, euros, and pounds in bills and they still have them.

Please give examples.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by 9free(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Nope.
From Igbo-Big just after Isuofia coming from Ekwulobia.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by OwaliZiz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
The one of Cross River State stop working immediately Gov. Donald Duke handed over as far back as 2007 meanwhile the dark+head Senator was there as the commander in chief till 2015, He got his take home pakage as he during the just concluded PDP Guber primaries
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by Triangles1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
southernbelle:

It was efficient, yes but not anymore. From 2021 till this year, the service became been epileptic - it will not flow for days and when it eventually does, the pressure is weak and cannot even get to the first floor of my building. I called the authorities severally and they kept saying they were having issues so we had to construct our own borehole.

You're right, I forget to mentioned it on my comment, all the glory happened during Elrufai administration.

Abuja now is top to bottom.
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by imagrg(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
In Edo State, NO!
Re: Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional? by mamaafrik(m): 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Around abeokuta south in Ogun state it's one or twice a week,<20% are on pipe borne despite being very close to that akomoje water reservoir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Angry Residents Use Native Doctor, Fetish Items To Protest In Akwa Ibom. Photos / 2023: Ognonnaya Onu Declares For President / Early Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.