Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? (3258 Views)

Ladies. Can You Marry A Smoker Or A Drunkard / 15 sure ways you can live happily and peacefully with any woman. / 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by Princek12(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2011
As for me, I think smoking is a disgusting habit. It stinks your house, your breath, your car, your body, and your entire surroundings. The ashes dirty your car, house, etc. To make matters worse, smoking causes the smoker's breath to smell like cigarettes, and I can't kiss a girl who smokes.

With all these disgusting things associated with smoking, why on earth will a non smoker marry a smoker? Also would it make a difference if the smoker is willing to smoke outside rather than inside.
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by Goldieluks: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2011
I can be friends with a smoker (inevitably),but as for marriage,count me out.lol
As for a smoker and a non-smoker living happily ever after,i don't think it is popular,but it can be possible
if both parties are smokers,it is easier for both to tolerate each other and the baggages which comes with smoking,just as the OP has stated.
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by alstarmayo(m): 8:05am On Jul 29, 2011
That u r a non smoker does nt mean u hate smokers, if the non smoker tolorate being a secondary smoker then it can work out
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by claremont(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2011
I am a smoker, and any lady who chooses not to marry me because of a trivial thing like smoking does not deserve me anyway. When did smoking or non-smoking become such a big deal that people consider it a pre-condition for/against marriage?! SMH
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by coded777: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2011
YES
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by iice(f): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2011
Yes. Hundreds of couples are that way.
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by Princek12(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
claremont:

I am a smoker, and any lady who chooses not to marry me because of a trivial thing like smoking does not deserve me anyway. When did smoking or non-smoking become such a big deal that people consider it a pre-condition for/against marriage?! SMH

I really don't think the habit of smoking is a trivial issue. If one is considering marrying a smoker, it is a factor you have to seriously take into account whether you want to spend your life with that person, especially when you know that you will be kissing a person with smoking breath. Also, if the smoker refuses to smoke outside, the entire house may be smelling of smoke, and if you have kids the kids may start inhaling second hand smoke. It is more of an issue than you think, bro!
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by claremont(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
Princek12:

I really don't think the habit of smoking is a trivial issue. If one is considering marrying a smoker, it is a factor you have to seriously take into account whether you want to spend your life with that person, especially when you know that you will be kissing a person with smoking breath. Also, if the smoker refuses to smoke outside, the entire house may be smelling of smoke, and if you have kids the kids may start inhaling second hand smoke. It is more of an issue than you think, bro!
Oh ok, then I think it's a good thing I seem to have a fetish for ladies who smoke, that way I can never go wrong!
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
Pls Bear in mind that "Happily ever after" DOES NOT EXIST! It only exists in fairy tales! Problems occur in relationships and they are meant to be resolved! Show me any relationship (Married or Dating) without problems! undecided Smoking is just one element that can cause wahala. . . . It depends on the non smoker's tolerance level! Personally that's a no no for me! So YES they can marry, but happily ever after, i dont think so!
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by sistajay(f): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
Yes, just as long he smokes outside, Me no like to be a passive smoker!
Re: Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? by omega25red(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
i wouldn't date a smoker because i'm allergic to cigaret smoke and that same smoke literally stays on everything. I once went to a party at this smoker lady's home and just sitting on her couch was like sitting in an ash tray. It was nasty.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Geting Tired Of This Girl. / Who's Ur Celebrity Crush??? :D / LOVE-DOCTOR: Ask Me Any Relationship Or Love Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.