Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting (10526 Views)

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
From DM
I am a graduate of Banking and finance in my mid 30's. I recently got laid off after half a decade of service
I decided to apply for leave which was approved by my boss. The reason for the leave was because my wife put to bed and since we have been trying for about 3 years, I decided to take a leave and spend time with my family at least since the baby is out first.
Upon resumption, I was handed my letter of disengagment. I am distraught, shocked and perplexed.
. My wife is not working. Sincerely I don't know where, how or what do to? It been pretty tough the last couple of days.

The problem is, I don't have a skill, where do I start from, should I start a business or continue job hunting ? As baby supplies are every expensive. I have been able to save =N=1.1m.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Seniorwriter(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

Give me his details we @LTE can put him through on a Digital Skill that can help him earn @least $1k with the capital he has.
There are basically three ways to earn via online which are:

# Skill(s).
# Product(s).
# Investment Capital.

With his capital he can venture in ecommerce after our mentorship on how to sell trendings.
He'll be taught how to organize a platform that will accommodate @least one thousand active buyers and he'll peg his profit @ just $1 no matter the trending he is selling.
Anyways we wish him all the best and he should feel free to reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile here on Nairaland.

@morgan9 congratulations on your mention of my post.

virginboy1:

Interesting
And practicable as long as you have the funds.

@Seniorwriter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Hamachi(f): 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Food business he will not regret it. People must eat

23 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by SMJay: 12:02am On Jul 18, 2022
You will survive, all you need do is start a business for your wife and then continue job hunting since you don't have any skill.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by SMJay: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2022
Can you give more info on
How you started?
The equipments required?
Market challenges?
What to look out for?
Hamachi:
Food business he will not regret it. People must eat
I think � they would need to do a feasibility study and the area you are targeting and putting power factor in place.
if you are starting on a low scale, you can get a deep freezer say about 200-400ltr btn 250k and above,
The frozen items such as chicken,turkey lap,wing,gizzard and fish may cost u about 50-100k to start with and you can add garri, beans etc
Your ur stand by generator i.e 2.5kva-4.5kva which may cost u btn 200-350k.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Hamachi(f): 6:43am On Jul 18, 2022
wink
SMJay:
Can you give more info on
How you started?
The equipments required?
Market challenges?
What to look out for?I think � they would need to do a feasibility study and the area you are targeting and putting power factor in place.
if you are starting on a low scale, you can get a deep freezer say about 200-400ltr btn 250k and above,
The frozen items such as chicken,turkey lap,wing,gizzard and fish may cost u about 50-100k to start with and you can add garri, beans etc
Your ur stand by generator i.e 2.5kva-4.5kva which may cost u btn 200-350k.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Stevengold(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
From DM
If you have a car, register for bolt driving. Most bolt drivers I know in PHC are bankers.

During their work with the bank they made sure they saved and got a car. And it's paying off.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 7:30am On Jul 18, 2022
Stevengold:

If you have a car, register for bolt driving. Most bolt drivers I know in PHC are bankers.

During their work with the bank they made sure they saved and got a car. And it's paying off.
Kindly give a detailed break down of this business and possibly challenges.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Zulu2022: 8:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Whenever de see money or hear money,naso Dem go remember to teach the teacheable, oga n careful mk de no add ur money to there own,to make money online,no b child's play as the talk am,unless na cryptocurrency trading,na one I de do nd I heard forex as well but dat one bad ooh, becarefull

12 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2022
Zulu2022:
Whenever de see money or hear money,naso Dem go remember to teach the teacheable, oga n careful mk de no add ur money to there own,to make money online,no b child's play as the talk am,unless na cryptocurrency trading,na one I de do nd I heard forex as well but dat one bad ooh, becarefull
What's your point exactly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Zulu2022: 10:49am On Jul 18, 2022
To venture business u must HV experience,I mean work under some fr months or year to know de in ND out, cos if u rush enter biz e go swallow u, economy bad ,den is possible to be learning skill nd job hunting same time

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by ZiniPips: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha I would advise you learn a digital skill. Pick one and master it. You will thank me later.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2022
Zulu2022:
To venture business u must HV experience,I mean work under some fr months or year to know de in ND out, cos if u rush enter biz e go swallow u, economy bad ,den is possible to be learning skill nd job hunting same time
The bolded is not possible.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2022
ZiniPips:
Threesha I would advise you learn a digital skill. Pick one and master it. You will thank me later. I can also help you create a trading account, manage and grow it for you and you are sure of reasonable returns monthly. You can start with as low as $50 and watch me give you that extra income you yearn for. The doors are still open for serious investors. Limited slots available. Hit me up on WhatsApp. Number on my signature. Have a lovely day!
I am guessing you are into forex from your name. Let see your trading account.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Zulu2022: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
The bolded is not possible.
is possible

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Threesha(f): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2022
Zulu2022:
is possible
You mean a digital skill not a skill that requires you being there physically.
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Zulu2022: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2022
Threesha:
You mean a digital skill not a skill that requires you being there physically.
yes digital but fr other one,u can bro,ppl de learn tailor de do other stuff depends on ur boss rapo,wen in school I combined class nd learning skill, physical one at that matter

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Rubyjade: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2022
Revenue is vanity.

Profit is sanity.

but

Cash is reality.

ZiniPips:
Threesha I would advise you learn a digital skill. Pick one and master it. You will thank me later. I can also help you create a trading account, manage and grow it for you and you are sure of reasonable returns monthly. You can start with as low as $50 and watch me give you that extra income you yearn for. The doors are still open for serious investors. Limited slots available. Hit me up on WhatsApp. Number on my signature. Have a lovely day!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by lavylilly: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Which skill did you learn?
Was it part time or full time school?
Zulu2022:
yes digital but fr other one,u can bro,ppl de learn tailor de do other stuff depends on ur boss rapo,wen in school I combined class nd learning skill, physical one at that matter

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Zulu2022: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
lavylilly:
Which skill did you learn?
Was it part time or full time school?
I learn shoe making den

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by kenniefawole(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learning a skill is one of the best decision you would make as an undergraduate . It’s very important . My advise to student , learn a digital skill ! Even the government said no more jobs .. Parents encourage and ensure your children learn some valuable digital skills . Certificate are useless this days. .. Go online and search for valuable tech skills like web development , graphics design , UI/UX , data science and a lot more

I can recommend this training from one of the most innovative campus brand .

Gear up your finances for the financial freedom you crave alongside increase in your productivity and self proficiency with these highly demanded skills at a subsidized offer of N2,000 each.

Discover how��
https://www.insideoau.com/2022/07/18/acquire-1-5-in-demand-skills-without-ever-having-taken-a-single-lesson/

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by emmanuelbrown26: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Food business
Transport business
Oga look into either of d two
Food business: within 2months u dun learn am finish (if u smart enough)

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by JosephXavier: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
You can be job hunting while learning a skill

You'll just use the work experience you've gotten as a bank worker in your CV, and apply for work in similar field

When you acquire the skills, you can them include it in your CV and also expand your job applications in those specific fields too

Learning a skill isn't a full-time job

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Franky70(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
Please
What skills can someone like me learn
I've good phones and a good laptop

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Shawl001(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
Firstly, don't be confused...all things happen for a reason, and I hope yours is for good.

I advise that you start up a business. Look around where you stay...it could even be online biz. Invest half of the money, let th money work for you. You can Seaech for legit investments online.
Learning a skill is good but for the situation you have found yourself, you need a steady source of income first. Then skill learning can come in along the way.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by NaijaCover(m): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
Start Blogging Business Right Now And Thank , Much Later.

If You Sell Bulk Airtime, Please Get In Touch With On WhatsApp Chat Now.

We Are Ready To Buy Up To 5Million Naira Recharge Card, Any Network Of Your Choice.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by iHart(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learn a skill. For a start, avoid digital skill. Get some real life technical skill. Welding, lathe operator, barbing, laser/gas cutting, tailoring, upholstery, computer networking, generator repair, etc

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
50% of the Nigeria's GDP comes from entrepreneurship, according to NBS.

80% of employment comes from entrepreneurship.

It is also the most stable source of income.

Learn a skill or a trade, brother. Become perfect at it. This is NGA not the West.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by doraala: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Both
Re: What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting by Myclubmycash: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Learn high income skills like Copywriting, Copytyping, Social Media Management, Ghostwriting, read aloud and get paid, and loads of other skills; and jobs will be hunting for you from foreign Clients, instead of the reverse.

I can help you get started
(08039300349 WhatsApp only)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Cope In A New Job Where You Had No Experience? / C&i Leasing Plc Is Collecting C.v From Applicants / Fubk Is Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.