Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! (3993 Views)

BREAKING: S/east Grinds To Halt As Prisoner Transfer Saga Rages On / Adamawa's Economy Grinds To A Halt As Igbo Depart In Droves Over Boko Haram / Flood, Bad Roads Grind Lagos To A Halt - Can It Be Solved If Yes When? Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by thisisEMP: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2011
With Apapa-Oshodi Expressway now impassable because of the road that has collapsed, the Ijora-Apapa end is now the only route to Nigeria’s premier port. You could be in the traffic for five hours, and that is not an exaggeration!

You can see it for yourself on this picture below!

Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Odunnu: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2011
Fashola is working!
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by ektbear: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2011
^-- I thought it was a federal road?
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by russellino: 9:29am On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Fashola is working!

I think its a federal road. I read an article by joe igbokwe in which he tore the FG to shreds for neglecting such an important road
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by ektbear: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2011
na wa o, odunnu passing the blame for her oga's failures
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by russellino: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2011
Its really bad sha. I had a meeting yesterday at Apapa and had to take a boat. Its actually a nice way to travel
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by jmaine: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2011
Sure it is a federal road . . . . and all blame should go to the Ministry of works for not having a sound and functioning monitoring and complaints unit  . . .anyway . .reprieve is on the way . . .but in my opinion rather very late but not too late . . .  Maybe the below could be the reason for this amazing lock jam traffic . . . . reminds one of the experience we got when all manner of roads rehab project were taking place in Lagos at the inception of Fash first term mandate . . .

Lagos — The Federal Government has ordered Julius Berger Nigeria Plc to immediately commence the repair and rehabilitation of some failed sections of the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Lagos.

Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen, who gave this directive, yesterday, expressed concern over the frustration faced by commuters plying the road, considered as one of the busiest and most economically critical roads in the country, serving as gateway to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport and the Apapa ports.

Onolememen, in a statement said: “The Federal Government has directed Julius Berger to immediately commence emergency repairs on this failed section of Apapa-Oshodi road, by Rainbow end when going to Oshodi, so that members of the public can get a reprieve

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/fg-orders-julius-berger-to-begin-immediate-repair-of-apapa-oshodi-road/
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Odunnu: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2011
Y'all should atleast know me to an extent by now. I said that because I sensed thats what the typical antiFashola guys would say when they come on board.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by maclatunji: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2011
We know you are an unapologetic GEJ acolyte.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by ektbear: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Y'all should atleast know me to an extent by now. I said that because I sensed thats what the typical antiFashola guys would say when they come on board.

My bad. Detecting sarcasm isn't my strong point.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by aljharem(m): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

odunnu better, i thought otherwise as well cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2011
I spent 2 plus hours on thıs road last Saturday. It was hellısh.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by playmode(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2011
Shame on Nigeria ,how come the dumb Federal and State Governments always call on Julius Berger.Julius Berger is incompetent company run by incompetent idiots who have failed Nigeria time and time again.Their roads are always built poorly that is why you start seeing pot holes appearing 6 months after they huild a new road or repair an old one.

Just goes to show that Nigeria is a nation lead by idiots both at state and federal level.A country whose government only issues construction contracts to one company for the past 35 years or so.As long as julis Berger has no reputable competition ,they will keep screwing us over and building sh.tty roads for Nigerians to drive on!  angry
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by dustydee: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
now that the road is impassable, can ferma go work please?
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Bawss1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
playmode:

Shame on Nigeria ,how come the dumb Federal and State Governments always call on Julius Berger.Julius Berger is incompetent company run by incompetent idiots who have failed Nigeria time and time again.Their roads are always built poorly that is why you start seeing pot holes appearing 6 months after they huild a new road or repair an old one.

Just goes to show that Nigeria is a nation lead by idiots both at state and federal level.A country whose government only issues construction contracts to one company for the past 35 years or so.As long as julis Berger has no reputable competition ,they will keep screwing us over and building sh.tty roads for Nigerians to drive on!  angry

Which Julius Berger are you talking about? From all I have seen around their roads are usually of high quality.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by houvest: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
I did everything to avoid that route when I was in Lagos. It is really a trap you can enter and spend the whole day there. Now it must be a real hell.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by tunnytox(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
And it's called an express way May be they should change the name to snailxpress way embarassed
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by abacus(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=20pt]This is FRESH SLAP, [/size]

Who remember during last election, they used the same road as campaign gimmicks, so also railways. I imagine Reno Omokri, Reuben Abati and Ima Niboro cooking the strategy and assuring Azikiwe Goodluck that it will sell. Am sad because they take us for fools / ride. Someone should help me tell them we can't be fool for ever. One day I will continue to say, monkey go go market, help me finish am,
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Fashola is working!
I'm not impressed, you should know better
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Fashola is working!

Instead of you to be sincere to yourself and tell your hero (GEJ) to wake up to his responsibility and jettison his tenure elongation plan, you are discrediting an action guvnor. na wa ooooo
abacus:

[size=20pt]This is FRESH SLAP, [/size]

Who remember during last election, they used the same road as campaign gimmicks, so also railways. I imagine Reno Omokri, Reuben Abati and Ima Niboro cooking the strategy and assuring Azikiwe Goodluck that it will sell. Am sad because they take us for fools / ride. Someone should help me tell them[b] we can't be fool for ever.[/b] One day I will continue to say, monkey go go market, help me finish am,

angry angry angry nah, i was never fooled. i have always known that GEJ will fail woefully and he is currently proving me right by his constant failure no doubt.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by RichDad1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
playmode:

Just goes to show that Nigeria is a nation lead by idiots both at state and federal level.A country whose government only issues construction contracts to one company for the past 35 years or so.As long as julis Berger has no reputable competition ,they will keep screwing us over and building sh.tty roads for Nigerians to drive on! angry
Are you sure you're a Nigerian?To the best of my knowledge JB is the best in road construction company in Naija today.Okay,who do you suggest?PWD,RCC,Stabilinni,HiTech or all those quack local contractors?
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by gamesb: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2011
ahmed age 15

Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by nakoks(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
Rich Dad:

Are you sure you're a Nigerian?To the best of my knowledge JB is the best in road construction company in Naija today.Okay,who do you suggest?PWD,RCC,Stabilinni,HiTech or all those quack local contractors?

Oga check ur facts JB the best ke?they suck and their roads dont last.They have been milking us for centuries,
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by tunnytox(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
Fresh wind=fresh mess=fresh fart=GEJ na you biko
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by SouthEast: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
Every other state is working on federal roads and later negotiate with the federal govt for reimbursement. Fasola is a timid local champion that cant even work on a federal road in his state.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by tampa1871: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
In a civilized world, goods are hauled by train rather than by trailers/trucks as done in Nigeria. This will take pressure off the road as these roads are constructed with load limitations, moreso when the owners doesn't care about the maintenance. It is cost effective and will reduce the cost even to consumers. But the operators and owners with the connivance of people in high places will not let this happen. Fleet owners like Dangote should be made to pay for the maintenance and also be penalized for the pain and suffering they subject the people to.
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by Obinoscopy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
GEJ is busy seeking 6 yr tenure when he should be more concerned about our dilapidating infrastructures like Power, Roads etc
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by DisGuy: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
SouthEast:

Every other state is working on federal roads and later negotiate with the federal govt for reimbursement. Fasola is a timid local champion that cant even work on a federal road in his state.

Maga, go check out the cry over compensation from the FG and we all know the FG dont pay good money for roads built on their behalf by the states, An opposition state for that matter

Jonnie should be sending a bill to the National Assembly to hands off all roads in each state but instead the drunkard is using his own incompetency to promote a lazy bill for elongation
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by ak47mann(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
poster
don't worry fashola have directed his boy EKO ILE to create a committee that will tackle the problem. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by malaria(f): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ppl should leave lagos and go 2 oda city dat state is sheddin bloñd
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by friedrice1: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
Guys let Mr. President be, He has priorities
at the moment, lets allow him settle the tenure elongation thing first,
Re: Finally, Apapa Grinds To A Halt! by mbulela: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
russellino:

I read an article by joe igbokwe in which he tore the FG to shreds for neglecting such an important road  
that man sounds like a rabid dog atimes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Electricity Problem In Nigeria. Take Note. / Residents Flee Yelwa Ward, Adamawa Over Death Of Six / The Best State Governor Nigeria Ever Had-the man Suswam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.