Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance (33387 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) / Tips For First Time Travelers To An Unfamiliar Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Amotekun777: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2022
Another means of extorting the poor innocent citizens.

Bastards! angry
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Regex: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2022
Truth is, this is not needed at all. Na Nigerians deh give this government opportunity to feel important. Tell me why I should do police check when I will also be checked in the country I am going to? Tell me why I should do Nigerian police check when it is not even valued here UK. You need a job, do DBS.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by RosyIsBlessed: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2022
DonFreshmoney:
40k.?

Something I paid 10k 2 years ago, and helped someone pay this year has suddenly increased to 40k. Everything just dey reach sky level. Lol

Does it expire or it's a one off thing?
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by jaytee01(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2022
Of what use is the clearance?

Even Hushpuppy had one!
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by TheFacelessMan: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2022
K4daniel:
Well, my advice is this people should not take them to the UK because not everyone needs them. But everyone seems to want to have it. Please stop collecting it, in the UK oyinbo will conduct their own DBS.

It's just a waste of money for so many people. They will tell you all in Nigeria you must bring them not all fields need it only a few for those coming to the UK. Only a few need it I repeat.

Yes it might not be required but no one wants to take the risk. Would you experiment with something as "trivial" as 40k when you have the potential to earn 1000s of £ monthly ?

One shouldn't be penny wise and pound foolish... pun intended.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by abuwidad(m): 8:03am On Jul 19, 2022
So they want to join immigration to extort japarians, thunder fire all of una together. Bastards!!!!
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by gbassa: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2022
This is the first time I am hearing of such certificate. I have travelled out of the country 6 times and nobody has ever asked for such certificate at the airports. Even USA , Italian and UK embassies did not ask for such certificate during procurement of visas.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Zeinymira(f): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2022
I did mine #3500 three months ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Timijo(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2022
Reapers are in every sector in Nigeria reaping where they did not sow.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Aldol: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2022
If the thing will be paid online fine, if not na serious gbege because those officers will surely collect more
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Okobola146: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2022
Very useless country. It's only mannabbqgrils and daddyyin that would not see anything bad in this
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Okobola146: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2022
Zeinymira:
I did mine #3500 three months ago
yinmu
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by florixi: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2022
some jobs ike care and support actually request for this even though they will still do DBS. So if you can do it just do it.

Regex:
Truth is, this is not needed at all. Na Nigerians deh give this government opportunity to feel important. Tell me why I should do police check when I will also be checked in the country I am going to? Tell me why I should do Nigerian police check when it is not even valued here UK. You need a job, do DBS.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by ogatboy(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2022
Police report that is free in France. Just input your documents online, you get it within 3 days. They drained the treasury, borrowed and looted, now they want to take away from the poor masses. The government is not just wicked but heartless. 2023 we must vote out APC at all levels of government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by NonEthniCITY: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2022
gbassa:
This is the first time I am hearing of such certificate. I have travelled out of the country 6 times and nobody has ever asked for such certificate at the airports. Even USA , Italian and UK embassies did not ask for such certificate during procurement of visas.

For US, if you are applying for an immigrant visa it is one of the documents required. Non immigrant visa applicants are not required to provide this.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2022
Another racket.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2022
ogatboy:
Police report that is free in France. Just input your documents online, you get it within 3 days. They drained the treasury, borrowed and looted, now they want to take away from the poor masses. The government is not just wicked but heartless. 2023 we must vote out APC at all levels of government.

My sentiments exactly, when there were funds in the country they were not asking for these things, now that the economy is broke they re increasing taxes, them go see something.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by ransomed: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2022
Can anything good come out of APC?
Hardship
Suffering
Scarcity of Fuel
Increase in prices of petroleum products.
Increase in prices of Food items
Banditry friendly government.
Ruga and Fulani Herdsmen killings promotion.
Terrorism .
Kidnappings.
Shutdown of Schools.
Taking loans without positive impact on Nigerians.
Nepotism
All activities that are repugnant no natural justice.
Are the Hallmarks of APC.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by mercysamuelson(m): 8:41am On Jul 19, 2022
These people are stupidly stupid. What I paid #7,000 for this January. A friend of mine came down to Lagos yesterday and he was billed #35,000 for for that just because you know they're leaving Nigeria. Nigeria and her government is just something else...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by uptownemmygee(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Country
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Awoleesu(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2022
This followed a new directive from the Nigeria Police high command allegedly given on July 22, 2023, directing the increase of the fee for PCC from N5,000 to N40,000.

It's the dateline for me...
Is this an immediate effective directive or some futuristic proposal?
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Brushstrokes20: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2022
The satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES and ANTI-PEOPLE POLICIES is inseparable! undecided
The lifeless scammer is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Coolgent(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2022
ContentedK:
Another strategic way to rip the south, how many northern youths travel out of this mess called Nigeria. Another clear case of monkey dey work baboon dey chop.
Stupidity at its peak.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by sunnyp20(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2022
This is not true. I just did it for 7k 2 weeks ago
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Simplythebest: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2022
This is true my friend went to do her own last month and the ask her to pay 40k. This country is really getting worst everyday. What a very wicked change we voted for. Things are really getting worst everyday and everything have spoiled from FX to everything the worst thing is that is affecting the youths most and some youths don't even know that their future is being destroyed by this evil and wicked leaders.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by mercysamuelson(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2022
These people are stupidly stupid. What I paid #7,000 for this January. A friend of mine came down to Lagos yesterday and he was billed #35,000 for for that just because you know they're leaving Nigeria. Nigeria and her government is just something else... Na our government be our problems
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by tempest01(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2022
Shame.

When it was lesser than 5k, the officers were collecting about 10k.

Now , they'll collect 50k
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Topshow2010(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2022
Nothing good can come out of those useless mofos . undecided
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by blazetitov: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2022
Racoon:
Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay N40,000 For Police Character Certificate

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-students-studying-abroad-travelers-to-pay-n40000-for-police-character-certificate/

This followed a new directive from the Nigeria Police high command allegedly given on July 22, 2023...

Let's becareful of fake news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 / 11 Functions Of Under Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.