Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance (33372 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / Nigeria Police Vehicle Transporting Feed For Police Horses (Photos, Video) / Tips For First Time Travelers To An Unfamiliar Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Lexcott: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2022
Zeinymira:
I did mine #3500 three months ago

Please come.and help me. I need it badly.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Lexcott: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2022
mercysamuelson:
These people are stupidly stupid. What I paid #7,000 for this January. A friend of mine came down to Lagos yesterday and he was billed #35,000 for for that just because you know they're leaving Nigeria. Nigeria and her government is just something else...

Where did you do it.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by frog12: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2022
scam scam scam
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by godwon01(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2022
It is not free in abroad here . We paid 55 pounds to do DBS here in the UK. The different is that ,while Nigeria police certificate money go to the hand of the officer that issue the certificate and the UK certificate money goes to the UK government.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by slydog(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2022
DonFreshmoney:
40k.?

Something I paid 10k 2 years ago, and helped someone pay this year has suddenly increased to 40k. Everything just dey reach sky level. Lol

I did for my wife and myself 16k in Jan this year. Thank God I don japa.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by faste: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2022
phygo89:
In other words, I have to pay for not being a criminal.

Other countries refer their Olokpa as "Police Service" but here we refer them as "Police force". No service na just force and violence...

N...o
P....ermanent
F....riend
That one weak me pass.In the US you have Police department,down here it is called PF...
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Sincinnati: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2022
The Nigerian Police Force have just told you that they're not your friends, so y'all would quit living in denial.

APC is too evil that 99% of all government agencies and parastatals including Fedeal and state ministries are now operating like profit oriented shops. They're legalized corruption it now seems like accountability and honesty are stupid qualities to possess.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by ChiSun27(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2022
inoki247:
Na everything dem wan turn to business for diz Nigeria....

The 40k na for investigating me if I av no skeleton in my cupboard before dem issue me the certificate or what I no understand why something of 5k go jump go more dan 600 percent....

Na same thing if you wan go track phone for dere office dem go bill u pass the amount you buy the phone.....

Even the initial 5k is too much. If they can't fix the country, they should allow us japa in peace.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Major7: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2022
Police is your friend only in your dreams, for real life, they are blockhead against your very existence. This country has been programmed to fail us but we will rise above every challenge. Peace to us all !

Racoon:
Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay N40,000 For Police Character Certificate

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-students-studying-abroad-travelers-to-pay-n40000-for-police-character-certificate/
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by rhazur(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:

Does it expire or it's a one off thing?

3months

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2022
Something I did less than 2 months ago for 10k. It will never be well with the wicked minds behind this increment.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Nelblac1974: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
see below �

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Regex: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
florixi:
some jobs ike care and support actually request for this even though they will still do DBS. So if you can do it just do it.

Then one should avoid it. Primary care do request for it, guess what I didn't work for them. I never did that police report thing and I'm never going to.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by florixi: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
If you don't work in Care then you should not generalize it that is not needed. so that people will not be misled.

Regex:

Then one should avoid it. Primary care do request for it, guess what I didn't work for them. I never did that police report thing and I'm never going to.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by phygo89(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
faste:
That one weak me pass.In the US you have Police department,down here it is called PF...
Ahswear
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by mercysamuelson(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
These people are stupidly stupid. What I paid #7,000 for this January. A friend of mine came down to Lagos yesterday and he was billed #35,000 for for that just because you know they're leaving Nigeria. Nigeria and her government is just something else... Our government dey really shot demselves in the leg thinking they're doing us. Many of them won't be able to get back to their posts.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by therajah: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
Seriously? More expensive than passport?
If you now get there, inspector B will now tell you, see it will take 2 weeks. If you want it today, you will add 20k to make 60k. And you will also find me something..like 10k. Everything now 70k.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by merits(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2022
Racoon:
Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay N40,000 For Police Character Certificate

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-students-studying-abroad-travelers-to-pay-n40000-for-police-character-certificate/

Do they even have data base to check whether person applying has cirminal record or not?all what they know was to collect money and allowing so many nuisance traveling abroad and damage our reputation more and more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by dfrost: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
Doyou2019:

Igba melo naa lo ku? 2023 will soon be here, and then we can all kick these beasts of no nation out of our affairs for good.

Aah.. o ju bè lo ooh... These beasts like you rightly called them are ready to eat our souls without sweating it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by NovusHomo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Racoon:

This followed a new directive from the Nigeria Police high command allegedly given on[b] July 22, 2023[/b], directing the increase of the fee for PCC from N5,000 to N40,000.

The directive was given one year and two days ahead. Nigeria sha!
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by NovusHomo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Racoon:

This followed a new directive from the Nigeria Police high command allegedly given on July 22, 2023, directing the increase of the fee for PCC from N5,000 to N40,000.

The directive was given one year and two days ahead. Nigeria sha!
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Poleski: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
The Nigerian police force is a very corrupt organisation.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by rotile247(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:

Does it expire or it's a one off thing?

It's only valid for 3 months

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by connkg(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2022
Valid for just 3 months?

Perhaps someone needs to take this to court for interpretation.
We await a possible appeal on the varied cut-off marks among same-class students on the basis of ethnicity, interpreted as "educationally disadvantaged".

This should mean that the character references required for admission into Police Police Training Colleges should be paid for and have a 3month duration, as well.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Regex: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2022
florixi:
If you don't work in Care then you should not generalize it that is not needed. so that people will not be misled.

I work in care. It is not needed. It's a complete waste of money.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by swissgoldenpro2: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
The Price of everything is just going up daily
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by seangy4konji: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
Are we soppoed to pay for this at all

the goverment will definetely say nothing about this...

40 kk

minimum wage is 28k
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by armadeo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
DonFreshmoney:
40k.?

Something I paid 10k 2 years ago, and helped someone pay this year has suddenly increased to 40k. Everything just dey reach sky level. Lol

I think I paid 7500 sef. No checks, nothing they just issue it out.
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2022
Lexcott:

Please come.and help me. I need it badly.
if you are not wearing babanriga or hijab nothing for you o. They might even deny you getting it even with your money sef.

These Guys from top to bottom are mean
Re: Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance by Babinski: 8:49am On Jul 20, 2022
DonFreshmoney:
40k.?

The Nigeria Police is not a Revenue Generating agency and that has been emphasized several times by different IGPs. What therefore is the rationale for increasing Police Clearance from 5k to 40k, an increment of 800%!!!

The National Assembly should step in and query the Police. That is one of their jobs in representing the people. Where is the 40k going to because clearly it is not going into the Government TSA account.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada Rider With 4 School Children While On Phone Call (Photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail / Bus Plunges 220ft Into China River After Passenger-Driver Fight, Killing All 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.