Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) (40738 Views)

SEX:‘I Almost Died After Using Kayan Mata’ – Igbo Man Cries Out / Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video) / Some Healthy Habits That Will Keep You Away From Drugs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by omis1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
Antimarraige:
oga he's 17 and he's making money and living alone comfortably, I only knew about the ice when we were all home for last Christmas, I've done my part by telling him to just take loud because ice is not advisable, in my family nobody can beat anybody na advice we fit give.

And what do you mean by show the kind of person I am? Because I dey smoke Arizona? I live life as healthy as I can, google benefits of marijuana and stop saying nonsense.

You'll hate me more when I don't smoke to get high so don't say what you don't know because you know nothing. I don't even drink alcohol so should I go about insulting everyone that drinks alcohol? Even olosho get reason for doing olosho so judge not.
When he dies,you will wish you have done more than advise him
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by constance500: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Josbreed:

As long as you take drugs, your brain's capacity will everly remain elastic, meaning, it will constantly be demanding for more doses. If you start with 50mg of Tramadol, after few weeks your brain will demand for 120mg continuously and NON-STOP. Before you know you will be consuming over 400mg, before you know you OD. Now tell me that it is not bad again.

Drug is not bad when you apply discipline.. I take TM but I rarely go beyond 100 to 200 max... I do smoke but never done all this toxic smoke out there except weed, AZ, and sk.. I never tasted colos till today.. It takes discipline bruh

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2022
That Tramadol is relatively cheap compared to other painkillers makes its addiction easy. For example, a 10 tablet strip of 100mg Tramadol costs ₦100 . And even though it is not supposed to be sold strictly on prescription by a doctor, a lot of pharmacists still sell it to anybody that walks in.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Stevo35: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
So sad cry cry

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by ufuosman(m): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
So sad... Thank God for saving ur life.

Good mssg... Those that take it should adjust dere way.

SAY NO TO DRUGS

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Divay22(f): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2022
tommy589:
I still wonder the reason for these synthetic drugs. Are people no longer getting high on weeds?
Weed no dey do the work again grin grin
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
omis1:

When he dies,you will wish you have done more than advise him
the evil you wish others will fall on your head sir
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by omoyeni37: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:
That Tramadol is relatively cheap compared
to other painkillers makes its addiction easy.
For example, a 10 tablet strip of 100mg
Tramadol costs ₦100 . And even though it is
not supposed to be sold strictly on
prescription by a doctor, a lot of pharmacists
still sell it to anybody that walks in.
Tramadol 100 naira ke, that shit is very expensive now, 2500 for 10 tablet strip.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
campbelljosh:
Is that the reason for the name ANTIMARRIAGE? grin
no the reason is because there are no girls good for marraige again in this generation, we don't have women anymore only hoes.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by omis1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Antimarraige:
the evil you wish others will fall on your head sir
am not wishing him evil,am just saying the bitter truth.
Drug is evil
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by TheRollingStone: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
Do what you want
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by osazsky(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
Godoverevery:
Am sharing this with a sad heart and using this to beg people to please stay away from drugs.

I never liked weed or anything smoke growing up.... the first time I smoked in 2007 (100l) I didn't like the feeling at all so it was never my thing, I loved alcohol and I drank alot then....in my final year first semester I was introduce to something that almost killed me.

We were preparing for exams so night class was the thing....for ladokites in the building y"all know night class is something very common during exams....one day I attended one at (mko lecture theatre)....it was a group reading for a general course (basic in accounting.....imagine we mech engine student were force to do management courses in our finals) ...I was feeling sleepy so I beg a guy to give me some water to rinse my face to clear away sleep...they all laffed and told me to take something instead that wont make me sleep (I was giving tramaldo 50mg) and that was the beginning of my addiction to this drug......I was so addicted that I was even buying packs (it was very cheap then).

The feeling was great at first when I started using but has years roll by I started having health issues.....the major one was difficulty in sleeping.
After my nysc (2013) I was in my parent house.....I took about 300mg a night before, when I woke up, went outside to check why the dogs were barking seriously, I got back in my room and I had serious seizures ......I was unconscious for about 30min.
I saw my mum crying and my dad holding me when i opened my eye....I was already very wet ,urinated on myself with spoon in my mouth.
I could have died that day......but God safe me...I guess my parent prayers brought me back.

I asked my mum what happened she was just rolling on the floor thanking God....my dad pulled me up, I felt pains around my right shoulder, I have dislocated my shoulder during the seizures.(Till today that shoulder stills give me issues).

My parent thought it was a spiritual attack but I knew it was the drugs I took that nite before....I actually OD on.

I vow never to take it or any other drugs again and am still holding on to it.

Am sharing this because I lost a childhood friend on Sunday......he died from drug abuse.

His liver was 3 times the normal size and divided......Crystal meth was the drug that actually nailed him.

He was from a rich home and last child.....I cried when I saw his corpse because I remember the first time I saw him smoke a cigarette In 2005....that night I was really shocked and he told me this what big boys take in boarding school.

Please stay away from drugs.......you might not be lucky like my friend.....you have the power to beat the addiction by just making up your mind and cutting off friends that can influence you.

RIP Ayobami.....dead at 32yrs.
is weed drugs?
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
osazsky:
is weed drugs?

Yes
but stay away from both

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by joshuaidibia(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
Godoverevery:
Am sharing this with a sad heart and using this to beg people to please stay away from drugs.

I never liked weed or anything smoke growing up.... the first time I smoked in 2007 (100l) I didn't like the feeling at all so it was never my thing, I loved alcohol and I drank alot then....in my final year first semester I was introduce to something that almost killed me.

We were preparing for exams so night class was the thing....for ladokites in the building y"all know night class is something very common during exams....one day I attended one at (mko lecture theatre)....it was a group reading for a general course (basic in accounting.....imagine we mech engine student were force to do management courses in our finals) ...I was feeling sleepy so I beg a guy to give me some water to rinse my face to clear away sleep...they all laffed and told me to take something instead that wont make me sleep (I was giving tramaldo 50mg) and that was the beginning of my addiction to this drug......I was so addicted that I was even buying packs (it was very cheap then).

The feeling was great at first when I started using but has years roll by I started having health issues.....the major one was difficulty in sleeping.
After my nysc (2013) I was in my parent house.....I took about 300mg a night before, when I woke up, went outside to check why the dogs were barking seriously, I got back in my room and I had serious seizures ......I was unconscious for about 30min.
I saw my mum crying and my dad holding me when i opened my eye....I was already very wet ,urinated on myself with spoon in my mouth.
I could have died that day......but God safe me...I guess my parent prayers brought me back.

I asked my mum what happened she was just rolling on the floor thanking God....my dad pulled me up, I felt pains around my right shoulder, I have dislocated my shoulder during the seizures.(Till today that shoulder stills give me issues).

My parent thought it was a spiritual attack but I knew it was the drugs I took that nite before....I actually OD on.

I vow never to take it or any other drugs again and am still holding on to it.

Am sharing this because I lost a childhood friend on Sunday......he died from drug abuse.

His liver was 3 times the normal size and divided......Crystal meth was the drug that actually nailed him.

He was from a rich home and last child.....I cried when I saw his corpse because I remember the first time I saw him smoke a cigarette In 2005....that night I was really shocked and he told me this what big boys take in boarding school.

Please stay away from drugs.......you might not be lucky like my friend.....you have the power to beat the addiction by just making up your mind and cutting off friends that can influence you.

RIP Ayobami.....dead at 32yrs.

You're lucky. People having seizures with TM usually break the rules, NO TAKE PASS YOUR LIMIT, EAT WELL BEFORE, AND AVOID FOOD HOURS AFTER. HAVE GOOD REST. back in Abk a lot of niggas died due to seizures for campus 4 road. One of my close friend escaped death too. That shit is crazy man.. you'll never hear weed do the things that drugs and alcohol does to you (though none is good). Thank God for your life. Don't stop preaching to young ones, they have different drugs now with enticing colours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by lereinter(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
The devil is real

Don't let it win you

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2022
joshuaidibia:

You're lucky. People having seizures with TM usually break the rules, NO TAKE PASS YOUR LIMIT, EAT WELL BEFORE, AND AVOID FOOD HOURS AFTER. HAVE GOOD REST. back in Abk a lot of niggas died due to seizures for campus 4 road. One of my close friend escaped death too. That shit is crazy man.. you'll never hear weed do the things that drugs and alcohol does to you (though none is good). Thank God for your life. Don't stop preaching to young ones, they have different drugs now with enticing colours.

A seizure is a sudden, uncontrolled
electrical disturbance in the brain . It can
cause changes in your behavior, movements
or feelings, and in levels of consciousness.
Having two or more seizures at least 24
hours apart that aren't brought on by an
identifiable cause is generally considered to
be epilepsy.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Dyke15(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
Weed wey make me write dat I will be a priest.
I really thank God for saving me dat day

Still waiting on God's time if it's his will for me to be a priest.
Shun drugs and everything dat has to do with it.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by joshuaidibia(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

A seizure is a sudden, uncontrolled
electrical disturbance in the brain . It can
cause changes in your behavior, movements
or feelings, and in levels of consciousness.
Having two or more seizures at least 24
hours apart that aren't brought on by an
identifiable cause is generally considered to
be epilepsy.

Oh'k. I know these. But TM bad o. Even when u take am bro, that first 1hr you'll feel your teeth almost gnashing when you talk.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by osazsky(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Yes
but stay away from both
go and sit down jor
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
joshuaidibia:

Oh'k. I know these. But TM bad o. Even when u take am bro, that first 1hr you'll feel your teeth almost gnashing when you talk.

id not taken any at all

have you ever taken ?
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Godoverevery:

Am talking about this guy in particular.

How can someone who knows he is asthmatic be smoking and be around people smoking always.

The most annoying part was his doctor warned him severally ....he was the only child to Ghanaian parents.

Isn't that madness.....what was he smoking for??

Truth is that cannabis (weed) actually cures asthma and I personally know 3 people who have been cured of the condition by moderate use of marijuana (smoking it).

I have a cousin who got mental issues and of course most of the older people in the family attribute it to weed but for someone like me I know it's one of 2 things- he was addicted to hard drugs and they got him or he had underlying mental issues that were exacerbated by his drug use.

It's a very rare occurrence for a moderate marijuana user to be even addicted (if you understand the meaning of addiction).

As with every other thing in life, moderation is key.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by joshuaidibia(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

id not taken any at all

have you ever taken ?

cheesy have a nice day Man
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
osazsky:
go and sit down jor

Cannabis, also known as marijuana (weed) among other names, is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Godoverevery: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
osazsky:
is weed drugs?
Why is it ban in most countries??
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by campbelljosh(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
It is quite alarming. I witness 3 paternity fraud around my hood in the last three months and was just shocked
Antimarraige:
no the reason is because there are no girls good for marraige again in this generation, we don't have women anymore only hoes.
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by MoneyMustBMade(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
Segzy19:
Adolescence is a very important stage of life.
It can make or mar an individual if the person is not properly guided through that stage.

It applies to both male and female...

Drug or it's addiction never ends well. It's a fact and reality. It never ends well whether you are rich or poor, in Nigeria or abroad...

I know some young ones will say look at Davido, look at Wizkid...and believe that if one is rich and eats well drug can't affect such person... Pure lie, pure nonsense...

Go check a lot of richer and bigger international artiste's that were irredeemably ruined by drugs.... Whitney Houston and her daughter, Micheal Jackson, our own Majek Fashek etc....

Nothing good comes out of drugs.... Take it or leave it

You just finish everyone here

SAY NO TO DRUG

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Wwwq: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Really
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by swissgoldenpro2: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hard drugs never helps anyone
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
Continue, time will tell[center grin
Antimarraige:
you're the one that will die untimely, together with all your family members. Stupid people will be using Panadol for another man's headache
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by Trupz: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
I can vividly recall that faithful Afternoon.
Went to visit a friend and you know how it's when guys are around now, vibes and cruise. All man were dishing out jokes, gist, OT et al...

Until it got to that moment one of the guy started ranting that the loud(weed) he ordered since money is yet to get to him! Omoh! I shock. With the way the guy was ranting you would think it's his last supper he was talking about.

Finally the weed arrived. They wrapped it and lit the stuff and started puffing and passing it round when it got to my turn I collected it and passed it to the next guy. Boom! It was as if I committed an abomination. cheesy imagine oh!
They now asked me why am I not smoking and to be honest I felt I had "falled hand" and the only defense I could come up with at that moment was that I'm not in the mood to smoke. Omoh! Men begin laugh. Chai! As per OG like me nah say I fall hands.

It took me a while to get over that experience and not blame myself for not fitting in.

Looking back now, I'm grateful I don't smoke because whenever I recall what drug abuse has done to one vibrant and intelligent lad I used to know I will just be grateful for the decision I took.

FUTO?
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by subcbouy: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
constance500:
Drug is not bad.. The abuse is the issue
Yeah how is taking too much drugs from doctors prescription?
Re: Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) by chysam: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
TheZeezle:
Say No to drugs. Blessing God on your behalf.... Peace be unto you

Pls pass this message to Tinubu so he will learn from it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Inspects Coronavirus Isolation Center In Aba (Photos) / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Coronavirus: Study Explains Why Men Are Affected More Than Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.