Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,788 members, 7,806,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Role Of Social Media Influence In Nigeria's 2023 Elections... By Charles Awu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Role Of Social Media Influence In Nigeria's 2023 Elections... By Charles Awu (289 Views)

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Sokoto & Imo Governorship Elections By 5pm / Dele Momodu Reacts To Postponement Of 2019 Elections By INEC / Voting Procedures For 2019 Elections By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Social Media Influence In Nigeria's 2023 Elections... By Charles Awu by adefitim(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
Besides being one of Nigeria's leading social media Influencers, I am a Technologist who follows Tech Trends, a futurist who is obsessed with the future of everything and an analyst who methodically examines events in detail.

The Nigerian 2023 election is not a usual election - it is expected to be the most technologically advanced election in the history of our nation. One trend we must closely study is the role of social media influence in 2023 elections.

Currently, smaller parties with lower campaign budgets are making social media their key campaign strategy. They are onboarding celebrities as deputies to tap into their huge social media influence. The bigger parties are amused by the social media strategy of the smaller parties until Davido's uncle won the Osun election through the combination of Davido's social media influence and the candidate's fame on social media as 'the Dancing senator'.

7 years ago, I told my followers on Facebook that the world will go virtual and those who command attention in the virtual world will have victories in every aspect of life. I closed down my physical church in Durban, South Africa and started a 100% social media ministry. My teachings went viral and in a short period of time, I caused a major damage to organised religion and expanded the consciousness of thousands across the world. You will either be jealous or ignorant to deny the impact of the Reformers who called out religious leaders on social media. We brought a wind of change to Africa's Christian community.

Through social media, I have influenced multitudes, reforming their minds, displacing old and outdated cultures and replacing them with new ideologies and worldview.

I have also being influenced here. I have learnt new ways of thinking from people across the world and I have become more open minded than I used to be. This is the power of social media.

As 2023 draws near, the world's most populous black nation prepares for an unusual transfer of power at all tiers of government with focus on the presidential power transfer. Campaigns intensify and even the ruling party would hire a mad looking 'port-able' new internet celebrity to promote their Party in one of the states. The Labour Party's candidate continues to trend on social media with millions of youths supporting him. But the old in mind erroneously believes that "social media will not vote in 2023". I write specifically to awaken these outdated minds to the influence of social media - do you know that sovereign governments have been pulled down through social media and new governments have emerged through opinions shared on social media?

There's no party in Nigeria today which hasn't deployed a social media team. If social media was that irrelevant, why did APC employ Portable, PDP deployed Davido but both parties fake amusement at Peter Obi's internet popularity?

If you are here, you are a product of social media influence and I hope you take this technology as serious as you take life.

In 2023, Nigeria will feel the force of social media Influence and the power of technology in the transfer of political power.

My name is #CharlesAwuzie - I write from a huge wealth of experience as an influential social media figure.

Maranatha.

Lalasticlala

Re: The Role Of Social Media Influence In Nigeria's 2023 Elections... By Charles Awu by Built2last: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
APC couldn't have won 2015 without strong solid social media propaganda Machine.

They are struggling to sell Tinubu because he is not marketable and the one they sold to us in 2015 has taken Nigeria back by 50 years.
Re: The Role Of Social Media Influence In Nigeria's 2023 Elections... By Charles Awu by blaquebelle: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
So even Caroline Danjuma de contest. What does she want to coman do, real housewives of politics? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Spambots, Fake Bishops, Fake INEC Results If Elected! / Security Agents Recovers Lifeless Body Of Lady Killed By Her Suspected Yahoo Boy / Ethnic Cleansing By Fulani: Why Are Nigerians Not Indignant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.