Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes (487 Views)

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly / Osun 2022: Unholy Marriage Between Ayu, Adelekes. / Delemomodu Admits Spreading FAKE NEWS About The "Account Freezing" Of Adelekes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by kingthreat(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
An unforgettable scene from the Osun 2022 elections was definitely during the announcement of the INEC results at the Adelekes home. Once Sen. Ademola Adeleke was declared winner, the first thing he did was to stand up, lie on all fours in prostrate to his elder brother Adedeji Adeleke, the father of the popular music star Davido. Surprisingly, even his son B-RED joined in the bow. This means that despite Deji Adeleke's silence in the elections, he was actually the powerhouse that made his younger brother governor.

Another notable thing in the elections was the way Davido campaigned for his uncle like it was his father running for governor. Davido's campaign was way louder than how the any of Buhari's children campaigned for his previous election or any state governor we know campaigned for their dad to be elected. If only Peter Obi, Tinubu or Atiku's children could actually campaign for their dads, the way Davido did for his uncle, it will go a great distance. This made me wonder, why so much love within an extended family.

Over a decade ago, when Davido came into the Nigerian music scene as a youngster. The spouting star made sure it was not only him in the music scene. His elder brother was the manager of his label, his two cousins Shina Rambo and B-Red were even in the game. I remember the line he dedicated to Shina Rambo in "Dami Duro". Else from that, we have seen at different times of his career where he has carried his siblings and other cousins along in his success.

Do not know much about the Adelekes but from the little knowledge I have, we know of Davido's Dad and his brothers — the governor-elect Ademola, and the late ex-governor of Osun state, Isiaka Adeleke. I read that their father, Davido's grandfather was very rich and married an Igbo woman. One thing we have to respect about them is how they made their family a dynasty helping each other grow. The men have always been helping their family members grow and this culture was imbibed into their children who work to help each other grow. Kudos to the partriach for working hard and imbibing values to make their family strong. Same with other top Nigerian families helping themselves like the Dangotes, Adenugas, Mbadiwes, Ubas, Murray-Bruce, Ibrus, you can name them. Hopefully, they can become like the Trumps and Rockfellers someday.

As for you who have succeeded to a standard of being wealthy and you refuse to be a light to shine the path of success for the family you were born into, you might need to have a rethink on your wickedness. The world is about getting stronger together. As for me, I will keep giving my best. Hopefully someday me and my siblings will turn our family to a force like the Adelekes. God bless the Adelekes.

For the record, I am a Wizkid fan.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by r4bbit: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
That's very good.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Naira20: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
His campaign played a role but APC lost because people are tired of APC..

However, what I personally learnt was how they supported the dancing senator despite his foibles.

Davido's father could have asked him to stepdown and behaved like Tinubu who felt entitled and belittled Osinbajo.
He stood a better chance than the dancing senator BUT he supported him in every way.

See how the Governor-elect prostrated when he was declared winner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Neddstark: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
The whole family worked for the dancing senator's ambition.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Fahdiga(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Neddstark:
The whole family worked for the dancing senator's ambition.
I commend their peaceful way of life.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Fahdiga(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
r4bbit:
That's very good.
That's good coming from rabbit.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Neddstark: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fahdiga:
I commend their peaceful way of life.

Who peace epp? Na their success dey turn me on. grin
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by fishnburger: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
families like this will continue to grow cos they'll always manage their issues well.
maybe Nigeria is as failed as it is because of the large number of families who will rather pull themselves down than uplift themselves.
i really think it accounts for the state of the country!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Fahdiga(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
Neddstark:

Who peace epp? Na their success dey turn me on. grin
Some are successful but always fighting themselves.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Neddstark: 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fahdiga:
Some are successful but always fighting themselves.

Okay i understand. They keep peace within themselves.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Fahdiga(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Neddstark:

Yeah.
Re: Opinion: Why You Just Have To Admire The Adelekes by Fahdiga(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Neddstark:

(1) (Reply)

APC Northern Governors Say They Are Happy With The Choice Of Shettima / Oyetola Hands Over Osun Airport Project To Nigerian Air Force / Are Tinubu And Obi The Only Governors In Their States.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.