Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? (161576 Views)

Guys Carry D'banj In A Chair To Future Awards (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Corrected D'banj In Church, Tells Him To Remove The Entire Bling- / Picture Of D'banj In His Days @ LASU Epe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by lexib(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
stagger: If I were Bishop Oyedepo, D'Banj would be nowhere near that place.

What kind of message are all these musicians who parade female nudity in their music videos passing across to the youths?

He is even lucky that he was not ordered off that stage completely. Only that the f*ols here who only pick what they want did not take the second part of the message about his being careful not to utter profanity in his songs did not mention that.

make I hear word abeg....
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by lexib(m): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
weedUp: Its not an embarrasement. Even if the pastor wears expensive suits and shoes does not mean we should not see his reasons for asking dbanj to do without his blings. The fact that we all have free will does not permit him to dress into a place of worship like a tout. He should accept that there's one place his randiness is not allowed. Rules are made so people should obey it. If those rules are not met that means we all are equal to God and men of authority. The Pastor took the right step if not people will end up in places of worship with sagging jean and gold plated eyes with a cigar at d corner of their mouth.

oya y dem come invite dbanj go sleep abegi....
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by lexib(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
comechop:

Interesting and well thought out response - but coming from a username like yours?
Guess its the internet,

like... buh u r a chicken sha... lolz
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by zanebaddo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
stagger: If I were Bishop Oyedepo, D'Banj would be nowhere near that place.

What kind of message are all these musicians who parade female nudity in their music videos passing across to the youths?

He is even lucky that he was not ordered off that stage completely. Only that the f*ols here who only pick what they want did not take the second part of the message about his being careful not to utter profanity in his songs did not mention that.

if 2 say I sabi speak gramma I wud ve called u a fool buh I dont
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR U TO INVITE SOMEONE U KNEW WASN'T A GOSPEL ARTISTE AND CRITICIZE HIM FOR DOING WHAT U PAID HIM TO DO.D'BANJ ISN'T A GOSPEL ARTISTE NEITHER IS HE A KID THAT HE SHOULD BE HUMILIATED THAT WAY.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2013
I DISCOVERED THAT NAIRALANDERS ALWAYS BELIEF EVERY POST ON THI SITE. PLEASE WHY ON EARTH DO YOU THINK WILL MAKE COVENANT UNIVERSITY INVITES DBANJ? IS IT TO COME AND PLAY IN A PARTY OR WHAT. CU IS A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL & DBANJ IS AN ENTERTAINER THESE ARE TWO DIFFRENT THING. SOMEONE SAT DOWN AT THE CONER OF HIS DIRTY ROOM AND FABRICATE THIS MALICIOUS PIECE AGAINST DBANJ AND YOU ALL WACK HIS POISION. I WILL ADVICE U DON JONZIN #100 RECHARGE CARD POSTER TO TAKE A BREAK COS NEMESIS AS CAUGHT UP WITH UR BENEFACTOR . OP I WILL ENCOURAGE U TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD DOING AND STOP BRINGING PPLE DOWN WITH ARTICLE. IF I KNOW U RIGHT U STILL LIVE IN DAT MUD AUZ. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IN CU U MIGHT GOT EXPELLED FOR NOT GOING TO CHAPEL WHICH IMPLIES SOCIAL LIFE OVER THERE IS ZERO. NOW WHY WUD THEY INVITE DBANJ? IS IT TO CUM AND LEAD PRAISE AND WORSHIP OR WHAT? AND COULD PLZ STATE CLEARLY AT WHAT EVENT? TRYING TO BRING DBANJ DOWN WONT INCREASE YOUR PURSE AND FOR BLASPHEMY BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO JUST TO GIVE A CONVIENCING FAAABU, PULLOUT, ACROSS, IRO......MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by DCouncillor: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2013
I personally doubt d'banj has a personal relationship with God as someone inferred he does.

However, the main question is, why was he invited in the first place really? Everybody knows he's a secular (to the core) artist so the question of "who invited him" to a "christian institution" to is key.

Was he doing something contrary to what he was contracted to do?

There seems to be to me, a problem. Christian institution by name? Inviting secular artist? Does that mean the institution promotes secular values? To please who? God or man?

I personally dont blame D'banj nor Oyedepo. Both came to do what they were called upon to do.

The institution is to be questioned. Covenant - Of what? Hasnt/ Has the Covenant been broken with all the stories coming out of the place?

Did D'banj remove his bling?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by samtoptp(m): 3:44am On Aug 16, 2014
Hmm una try grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by foodshopexpress: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
i dont think the story is true.Dbanj cannot be invited inthe first place with all the talentd gospel musicians we have around .and we all knw Dbanj dsnt sell what d church sells .so na lie!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Oluwadhemmy: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Abanicwise:
If truly dat happen,then I think d bishop is not bn sincere with his God, why did his acclaim "HOLY UNIVERSITY" invited D'banj to it programe in d first place haven known dat D'banj is a secular hip hop artist, or are there not other Gospel singer( The likes of Tope Alabi ) within his reach? This is just like medicine after death. It look ridiculous and absurd if truly it happen.[/color][color=#990000][color=#000099][/color]
Its obvious he would have preached it in his university...#he dat has ears let him ear...#welldone pastor
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by StevinMorgan(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by nwaoby: 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
I wonder wat connection dbanj has wit winners chapels pulpit or stage, pls I beg u guys to mind wat u say about dis man of God, all I knw is dat anybody is invited to winners chapel, even the so called dbanj, but not everybody can mount d pulpit or stage, I think the bishop reacted because dbanj cannot address or perform on stage before the congregation he fathers dressed d way he does. If dbanj didn't come on stage nobody would hav noticed him, he would hav come and gone, freedom is for everyone even God gave us freedom to do anything, to enter anywhere, but note, the Bishops pulpit or even his stage or alter is not for everyone. Thanks dats my own little comment on dis.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by awosdot(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2016
famous quotes by bishop david oyedepo:
A quote for each day of the week
#CheckItOut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM7X7_mox2o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst Clebrity Plastic Surgery (pics) / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) And His Beautiful Daughter! / Regina Daniels: 8 Things You Might Not Know About The 16-Year-Old Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.