Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

How Can I Serve God Fervently? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Serve God Fervently? (490 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / Benue Man Castrates Himself To Serve God (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Johnny147147: 4:09am On Jul 20, 2022
Good day all,

I've made up my mind severally to be faithful to God and keep to His ways but i always find myself doing the opposite in no distant time.

I've made up my mind and i want clues from those whom have had same experiences but overcome.

Thank you and God bless as you help a brother back up to the ways that are right.
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnny147147:
Good all,
I've made up my mind severally to be faithful to God and keep to His ways but i always find myself doing the opposite in no distant time.

I've made up my mind and i want clues from those whom have had same experiences but overcome.

Thank you and God bless as you help a brother back up to the ways that are right.
Purpose to submit and obey each and every teaching and commandment of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and you will find God will answer you as He promised to all those who Obey Him. undecided
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Johnny147147: 4:26am On Jul 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Purpose to submit and obey each and every teaching and commandment of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and you will find God will answer you as He promised to all those who Obey Him. undecided

Thank u brother. The peace of the Lord be with u
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:29am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnny147147:

Good all,

You are not alone!

Apostle Paul had the same issue {Romans 7:15-25} but he relied on Jesus' promise which is staying close to fellow believers in faith for encouragement to love and fine WORKS! Hebrews 10:24-25

So when Jesus promised his disciples that even though they have left so many things behind just for the love of God {Matthew 19:27} they will have hundred folds of brothers, sisters {Mark 10:30} because it's impossible to be saved {Mark 10:26} if one is just moving with the crowd {Matthew 7:13-14} so you need to IDENTIFY the gathering of true believers and start associating with them because Jesus promised that where faithful people gather he will be with them {Matthew 18:20} that means he will continue to guide them! Matthew 28:20

Do you want to know the group practicing true Christianity?
You'll be glad to find out many hidden secrets that most people don't know thinking they are Jesus' friend whereas he doesn't even know them at all! Matthew 7:21-23

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Johnny147147: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You are not alone!

Apostle Paul had the same issue {Romans 7:15-25} but he relied on Jesus' promise which is staying close to fellow believers in faith for encouragement to love and fine WORKS! Hebrews 10:24-25

So when Jesus promised his disciples that even though they have left so many things behind just for the love of God {Matthew 19:27} they will have hundred folds of brothers, sisters {Mark 10:30} because it's impossible to be saved {Mark 10:26} if one is just moving with the crowd {Matthew 7:13-14} so you need to IDENTIFY the gathering of true believers and start associating with them because Jesus promised that where faithful people gather he will be with them {Matthew 18:20} that means he will continue to guide them! Matthew 28:20

Do you want to know the group practicing true Christianity?
You'll be glad to find out many hidden secrets that most people don't know thinking they are Jesus' friend whereas he doesn't even know them at all! Matthew 7:21-23

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Thank u and yea i wanna know
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnny147147:

Thank u and yea i wanna know
Please i am a believer in the word of God so if truly you're interested in knowing then always try read all cited scriptures to be sure if what we are discussing is correct according to God's word! Act 17:11

Jesus Christ forewarned that there will be many false prophets (fake religionists claiming Christians with titles) {Matthew 7:15} and many unsuspecting individuals will follow them {Matthew 24:11} their teachings will be from demons {1Timothy 4:1} all those following them can't be saved! Matthew 7:13-14; 15:14

So we need to know the IDENTIFYING MARKS of Jesus' group! Matthew 7:16-18

[b] Mankind is worried over our present lives so everyone is desperately seeking ways to solve their problems and live meaningful lives but Jesus' true disciples are mostly concerned about God's Kingdom which he promised.
So they're not interested in worldly material possessions, degrees or careers! Matthew 6:22-24

They are known globally as lifetime preachers and teachers everywhere they live! Matthew 10:11-13; Act 1:8

They love their neighbours so politics or racism can't break the love they have for their neighbours! Mark 12:31

They don't participate in politics {John 6:15} because that's the strongest weapon Satan is using to turn people against their fellowman and kill without love! Revelations 6:3-4

They don't join in pagan traditions and festivals because that's Satan's means of controlling the world's economy to increase the price of food, clothes and other needs of humans! 1Corinthians 10:19-20

They have love among themselves so the whole world know that this group love their members no matter where you may come from! John 13:34-35 compare to Matthew 12:46-50

Due to being different all other religions hates them with passion! John 15:17-19

Many do call them Satanists or cultists just as Jesus was also called back then! Matthew 19:25

They don't participate in military services at all so you can't find their members in any military job! Matthew 26:52

According to the Bible God's Holy Spirit will gather these people from different races throughout the earth and make them use the Bible to settle all their racial disparities, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, stop the making, selling, buying and using of weapons and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

They are in all the countries where politicians have permitted them to practice what Jesus taught them, though they also bear the group name "CHRISTIANS" that was borrowed from Antioch since the first century {Act 11:26} but after Jesus has returned to restructure their movement and they're performing up to expectation the true God began calling them by another name {Isaiah 65:15} today the world know them as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Feel free to as any question about them.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnny147147:
Good day all,

We all went through this and the bold was what made me know Satan was real. The bastard ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes to stop you from walking in That Way.

And in fact, that is one of the ways I know God's Way because Satans both spiritual and physical eg parents, so called friends, neighbours, strangers like these folks
Brunosamel:
Religion is the world greatest scam, the more I grow, learn and aquire know the more I see as an ethical scam.
oghalebros:
Religion is one of the major problem of Nigeria
would also stop you meanwhile God has said "Walk in this Way".

That is the first set of learnings and knowings you have to learn and the exam you have to paas in walking in The Way.

Tip: it is an exam to see if you truly want to walk with God and if you have truly learnt that there is no other Good Way. All others ways do not work and always keep you in the Curses of God.

Only God is The Way, and Has, The Way and Gives, The Way!
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by johnw47: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2022
Jesus is the only way to Father
not a organization or the people in it

Joh 14:6  Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

learn more of Jesus through God's word/the Bible
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by NNTR: 7:33am On Jul 20, 2022
Johnny147147:
Good day all,

Romans 7:14-25
'14 We know that the Law is spiritual, but I am a creature of the flesh
[worldly, self-reliant--carnal and unspiritual], sold into slavery to sin [and serving under its control].
15 For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled and bewildered by them].
I do not practice what I want to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate
[and yielding to my human nature, my worldliness--my sinful capacity].
16 Now if I habitually do what I do not want to do,
[that means] I agree with the Law, confessing that it is good (morally excellent).
17 So now [if that is the case, then] it is no longer I who do it [the disobedient thing which I despise],
but the sin [nature] which lives in me.
18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh [my human nature, my worldliness--my sinful capacity].
For the willingness [to do good] is present in me, but the doing of good is not.
19 For the good that I want to do, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want to do, I am no longer the one doing it
[that is, it is not me that acts], but the sin [nature] which lives in me.
21 So I find it to be the law [of my inner self], that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22For I joyfully delight in the law of God in my inner self [with my new nature],
23 but I see a different law and rule of action in the members of my body [in its appetites and desires],
waging war against the law of my mind and subduing me
and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is within my members.
24 Wretched and miserable man that I am!
Who will [rescue me and] set me free from this body of death
[this corrupt, mortal existence]?
25 Thanks be to God [for my deliverance] through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind serve the law of God,
but on the other, with my flesh [my human nature, my worldliness, my sinful capacity--I serve] the law of sin.
'

It becomes easy when you realised that you've being born from on high (i.e. born again), meaning that through the power of the Holy Spirit residing inside you, you have been regenerated and so have become a new man, so to speak.

The benefit of the regeneration, is the access to the fruit of the Holy Spirit, from which, you'll be equipped with the power, ability, capacity and preparedness to be faithful to God and on top, have a state of readiness to keep to His ways

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Brunosamel(m): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We all went through this and the bold was what made me know Satan was real. The bastard ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes to stop you from walking in That Way.

And in fact, that is one of the ways I know God's Way because Satans both spiritual and physical eg parents, so called friends, neighbours, strangers like these folks

would also stop you meanwhile God has said "Walk in this Way".

That is the first set of learnings and knowings you have to learn and the exam you have to paas in walking in The Way.

Tip: it is an exam to see if you truly want to walk with God and if you have truly learnt that there is no other Good Way. All others ways do not work and always keep you in the Curses of God.

Only God is The Way, and Has, The Way and Gives, The Way!
jokes on quite unfortunate I don't believe in God
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Johnny147147: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please i am a believer in the word of God so if truly you're interested in knowing then always try read all cited scriptures to be sure if what we are discussing is correct according to God's word! Act 17:11

Jesus Christ forewarned that there will be many false prophets (fake religionists claiming Christians with titles) {Matthew 7:15} and many unsuspecting individuals will follow them {Matthew 24:11} their teachings will be from demons {1Timothy 4:1} all those following them can't be saved! Matthew 7:13-14; 15:14

So we need to know the IDENTIFYING MARKS of Jesus' group! Matthew 7:16-18

[b] Mankind is worried over our present lives so everyone is desperately seeking ways to solve their problems and live meaningful lives but Jesus' true disciples are mostly concerned about God's Kingdom which he promised.
So they're not interested in worldly material possessions, degrees or careers! Matthew 6:22-24

They are known globally as lifetime preachers and teachers everywhere they live! Matthew 10:11-13; Act 1:8

They love their neighbours so politics or racism can't break the love they have for their neighbours! Mark 12:31

They don't participate in politics {John 6:15} because that's the strongest weapon Satan is using to turn people against their fellowman and kill without love! Revelations 6:3-4

They don't join in pagan traditions and festivals because that's Satan's means of controlling the world's economy to increase the price of food, clothes and other needs of humans! 1Corinthians 10:19-20

They have love among themselves so the whole world know that this group love their members no matter where you may come from! John 13:34-35 compare to Matthew 12:46-50

Due to being different all other religions hates them with passion! John 15:17-19

Many do call them Satanists or cultists just as Jesus was also called back then! Matthew 19:25

They don't participate in military services at all so you can't find their members in any military job! Matthew 26:52

According to the Bible God's Holy Spirit will gather these people from different races throughout the earth and make them use the Bible to settle all their racial disparities, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, stop the making, selling, buying and using of weapons and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

They are in all the countries where politicians have permitted them to practice what Jesus taught them, though they also bear the group name "CHRISTIANS" that was borrowed from Antioch since the first century {Act 11:26} but after Jesus has returned to restructure their movement and they're performing up to expectation the true God began calling them by another name {Isaiah 65:15} today the world know them as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Feel free to as any question about them.

May you have PEACE! smiley

Thanks
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Sunreb(m): 12:44am On Jul 21, 2022
You can serve God fervently by allowing the Lordship of Jesus over your life and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Always do God's will.

May our service not be in vain in the name of Jesus!
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by NNTR: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by delkuf(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So he can't obey any other teaching in Galatians, Philippians, Colossians and the old testament
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
delkuf:
So he can't obey any other teaching in Galatians, Philippians, Colossians and the old testament
Jesus Christ warned you clearly that the teachings and traditions of men are lies, an abomination where God's Truth is concerned, so why would you obey the teachings of men particularly since they all violate that declared by Jesus Christ? undecided

As for the Old Testament, why would you follow obey and live according to the Law and Constitution in the Land/Kingdom of Canaan when you are instead of the Kingdom of God? Does that even make sense as far as this world is concerned? undecided
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by delkuf(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Op, after submitting all to Jesus, you need to know the Holy Spirit. You need to know who he is. You cannot serve by your strength or the flesh. You can only serve through the Holy Ghost after surrending all to Jesus. It is not by power nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by delkuf(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ warned you clearly that the teachings and traditions of men are lies, an abomination where God's Truth is concerned, so why would you obey the teachings of men particularly since they all violate that declared by Jesus Christ? undecided

As for the Old Testament, why would you follow obey and live according to the Law and Constitution in the Land/Kingdom of Canaan when you are instead of the Kingdom of God? Does that even make sense as far as this world is concerned? undecided
So Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not teaching of men. The bible is written by men under the inspiration of God.
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
delkuf:
Op, after submitting all to Jesus, you need to know the Holy Spirit. You need to know who he is. You cannot serve by your strength or the flesh. You can only serve through the Holy Ghost after surrending all to Jesus. It is not by power nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord
The one you call the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth is Jesus Christ. Recall that Jesus Christ said I am the way, the Truth and the Life - John 14 vs 6, and recall Jesus Christ first had to go away before the Spirit of Truth could then come? Well, no one who doesn't first submit to and obey His teachings (and commandments) can boast of having His Spirit. undecided

In essence, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit yet submitted to the doctrines and traditions of men are liars. undecided
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
delkuf:
So Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not teaching of men. The bible is written by men under the inspiration of God.
I didn't say Matthew's, Mark, Luke and John but instead the Gospel, God's Law written in those books. undecided

Even the words of Satan written in scripture are all inspired but they are also all lies. So do not deceive yourself. undecided
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by delkuf(m): 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The one you call the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth is Jesus Christ. Recall that Jesus Christ said I am the way, the Truth and the Life - John 14 vs 6, and recall Jesus Christ first had to go away before the Spirit of Truth could then come? Well, no one who doesn't first submit to and obey His teachings (and commandments) can boast of having His Spirit. undecided

In essence, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit yet submitted to the doctrines and traditions of men are liars. undecided
Plssssss stop engaging me.
Re: How Can I Serve God Fervently? by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
delkuf:
Plssssss stop engaging me.
ROFLMAO
cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink cheesy wink wink wink wink grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

(1) (Reply)

Sammie Okposo's Death - A Great Sign... / Osinbajo Preaches Mercy, Grace For Nigeria In Christmas Day Message / Prof Alaro Profile, Biography, Education, Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.