Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again (16644 Views)

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by meobizy(f): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Lol. Enjoy the heat. The Nigerian government is showing solidarity to the English government over their climate plight.

2 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by kennydora: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
alsudan:
Na every month now under Buhari Grid de collapse.

Anyone that votes for APC deserves to be used for Sacrifice.

I concur....pls put kanayo o kanayo on notice!

2 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Eddygourdo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Subsidywise20:
The solution is simple....LET the discos and gencos set the price, not NBET. Not the government.

Also, let everyone have their meter...and let people that bypass the meter get punished by having no power...

Let every Nigerian pay for the power they use, and not use cutlass to chase disco workers doing their job.

Modified

Basically, we have been running NEPA/PHCN/DISCOgenco...at a loss, and the only way to get enough money to fix things...is to run the thing at a profit.
As always you have put the cart before the horse
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
APC
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by OgaDeyVex: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Nawa o
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by bugalo: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

And some people want to waste their vote for apc..

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Revolva(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Buhari must rule dis country finish o he must finah his term ..he can't resign because it's too late ...

Useless man

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by shaggy007(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
On a normal day this national grid suppose write book about its ordeals

grin

This man

You be clown o

Very very very wicked man

grin
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Tonnierichy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Light go begin stable with this news
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
Eddygourdo:
As always you have put the cart before the horse

As always, you guys want cheap power, without thinking about how it would be paid for.

Good afternoon. Maybe your Obi or Atiku or Tinubu will pay for your power from their money when they take over in 2023....
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
alsudan:
Na every month now under Buhari Grid de collapse.

Anyone that votes for APC deserves to be used for Sacrifice.

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Cokahot: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
I've gone solar since months. Na only if I wan pump water or shaply iron cloth,I go dey calculate .
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by cosmatika(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
It will collapse to -2000 if the Chicago drug lord is voted in

2 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Brushstrokes20: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
# REGULAR TRADEMARK undecided
Everything has collapsed under the LIFELESS SCAMMER undecided
The Useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS got nothing to offer!

Nig urgently needs a NEW BEGINNING!

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
Subsidywise20:
The solution is simple....LET the discos and gencos set the price, not NBET. Not the government.

From your username, where you stand is clear. The problem with electricity in Nigeria is not money. It is mismanagement and lack of expertise.

These discos and gencos and whatever else is out there are in the hands of nonprofessionals. Unfortunately, the government would never sell them to professionals because those ones rarely know anyone in government. Instead, they gave it to their friends who use it to collect loans they invest outside the country while doing nothing about electricity.
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by UnknownT: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
That explains the darkness since yesterday I guess
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by manuelkel(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
Austinn30:
100% visa application guaranteed 5slots available hurry now. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on the number below

This your update done cast .
You no get family members wey want commot Nigeria? I pity you scum.

2 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by EmmaLege: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
Na every month grid dey collapse grin grin grin
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Eddygourdo(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
Subsidywise20:

As always, you guys want cheap power, without thinking about how it would be paid for.

Good afternoon. Maybe your Obi or Atiku or Tinubu will pay for your power from their money when they take over in 2023....
At least anyone will know that the equitable thing to do first is to meter everyone, after which you increase tariff to drive profitability in the sector as well as investment. As long as you make people pay for the meters, then it is their property to tamper with. Nobody tampers with the transformer (they are all metered mind you) because individuals dont buy it, and it is assumed to belong to the company providing power (Disco). Metering all customers must be done first before anything can be accomplished in the power sector (the corruption is massive, they want to make money without providing the service, same as its currently applied to the subsidy scam). Now i have put the horse before that cart as opposed to your submission.

2 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Aboguede(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
Please kindly correct ur figures on MW of Nigeria because it looks like you mad or ignorant or maybe Delusional shocked

HonNL:

SOURCE
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Livingstone124: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
A = Ancestors
P = People's
C = Congress
Any vote to APC is vote to our ancestors to rule over us. From One Ancestor, Buhari to another Ancestor Tinubu. Nigerians who has bewitched you ? Obidiently vote the right candidate.
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Elidrisy20: 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
I pray make una preek collapse
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
Shoodboi:

From your username, where you stand is clear. The problem with electricity in Nigeria is not money. It is mismanagement and lack of expertise.

These discos and gencos and whatever else is out there are in the hands of nonprofessionals. Unfortunately, the government would never sell them to professionals because those ones rarely know anyone in government. Instead, they gave it to their friends who use it to collect loans they invest outside the country while doing nothing about electricity.

It is money primarily.

The government sets their price. Not the companies themselves. And since the government sets their prices, they keep prices to a lower level than what it costs to produce one kwh of power...and pay a subsidy.

That's what a Pricewaterhouse coopers report on the sector found in 2019....that there is a money problem in the sector. And when there is no money...you cannot buy equipment, build facilites, or even attract investors, and expert ones at that.

By contrast, the GSM sector was allowed to grow on its own, with government not setting their price, and they earned enough profit and investment to build a lot of stuff and keep it running.
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Eddygourdo:
At least anyone will know that the equitable thing to do first is to meter everyone, after which you increase tariff to drive profitability in the sector as well as investment. As long as you make people pay for the meters, then it is their property to tamper with. Nobody tampers with the transformer (they are all metered mind you) because individuals dont buy it, and it is assumed to belong to the company providing power (Disco). Metering all customers must be done first before anything can be accomplished in the power sector (the corruption is massive, they want to make money without providing the service, same as its currently applied to the subsidy scam). Now i have put the horse before that cart as opposed to your submission.

I did say let them meter everyone. See my comment.

What annoys you is the fact I said that the discos should set their price.

At the end of the day, cost reflective tarrifs....
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Hafeexla(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Without verifiable source
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Skillsnigeria: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by gloryman91: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Useless people bringing 25k for me as payment for my house in Ibadan despite incessant power supply.
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Splitmind: 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Is it the first time the grid is collapsing? undecided

Buhari hating wailers will always find something to cry about instead of facing reality.
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
Me i just dey wait for the day when the thieves who cannot manage I-Pass-My-Neighbour generator but somehow scammed Nigeria through one dumbo to be in charge of our electricity go collapse together with national grid (national Greed)..
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by eastgates1: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Also, let everyone have their meter...and let people that bypass the meter get punished by having no power...

Let every Nigerian pay for the power they use, and not use cutlass to chase disco workers doing their job.

Modified

Basically, we have been running NEPA/PHCN/DISCOgenco...at a loss, and the only way to get enough money to fix things...is to run the thing at a profit.

Modified

The issues facing the Nigerian power sector remains multi-faceted but in our view, top on the list is the non-cost reflective tariff. While we acknowledge that the current macroeconomic landscape may not be best suited for another hike in electricity tariffs, we note that the continued adoption of non-cost-reflective tariffs will exacerbate the anemic position of Discos, prevent the overhaul of poor transmission infrastructure, hinder private sector investments and constrain the development of the power sector. With government revenue under significant pressure, we believe government liquidity injections may prove to be insufficient in sustaining the power sector.

Sauce: The Nigerian power sector, still in muddy waters from Nairametrics.

He or she who has ears to hear, let him or her hear.
true but let the generation and distribution of pnwer be in the hands of state governments,this power issue will come to an end
Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Immanuelsnr: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
gloryman91:
Useless people bringing 25k for me as payment for my house in Ibadan despite incessant power supply.
Lol �, I think prepaid meter is the best, that's if you are lucky to get one cause to get one prepaid meter now is like entering the kingdom of God

1 Like

Re: National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again by Eddygourdo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2022
Subsidywise20:

I did say let them meter everyone. See my comment.

What annoys you is the fact I said that the discos should set their price.

At the end of the day, cost reflective tarrifs....
The part that everyone should be metered should come first. The discos are making alot of money currently even with the low tariff. They regularly reject load from TCN, but go ahead to bill consumers monthly on their own estimated bills without providing any commensurate power. So surely giving them more money doesn't solve the issue.

Once you meter consumers, if they provide no power, they make absolutely no money, this will start curbing the corruption in the system. they will finally start running a business instead of a scam-empire where they get free money without providing any service.

Nigerians run generator to power their businesses, then take money from same business to pay non-existent power bills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Akpabio Left Keyamo’s Screening For Aso Villa – Senate Spokesperson / Solders’ Killing: Troops Won’t Leave Creeks Until Culprits Are Caught – Army / Cars For 2 Best Teachers In Ekiti By Fayose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.