Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Switzerland Students Visa Thread - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Switzerland Students Visa Thread (839 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Switzerland Students Visa Thread by ghettonews: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hello guys I am currently based in the Eu cyprus studying bachelor's degree in applied computer science and I want to transfer my course to university of Geneva?

Now I want to know the probabilities of getting admitted into Swizz universities cuz their bachelor's degree program are mostly taught in English and French together or German.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by ghettonews: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
Let's really keep this thread running
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by ghettonews: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Does it mean no one is applying to Switzerland?
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by Bibbzy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
ghettonews:
Does it mean no one is applying to Switzerland?
most didn’t know about this thread
direct your questions to me
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by GoHost: 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hello guys,

Is there a way to keep this thread running?.

I have just secured admission in Switzerland and I'm in need of information.

I will appreciate any guidance from this thread or to join a (WhatsApp or telegram) group if there is any.

Thanks.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoHost:
Hello guys,

I will appreciate any guidance from this thread or to join a (WhatsApp or telegram) group if there is any.

Thanks.

Switzerland of all countries. Except you plan coming back to Nigeria after studies, abort mission fast.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by Hannover(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoHost:
Hello guys,

Thanks.

I am very sorry bro, you may never get the information you need because Nigerians behave like zombies. All they talk about is UK USA and Canada. No large scope at all. Every tom dick and Harry in Nigeria only know about this 3 countries only because that's what everyone is talking about now till restrictions starts happening.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by GoHost: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Switzerland of all countries. Except you plan coming back to Nigeria after studies, abort mission fast.

Thank you so much for your response.

Can you please shed some more light on your position?.

The reason for these types of comments is why I require more information. I have read a couple of such comments without a clear outline of why it's so.

I will appreciate your further response.

Thank you.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by GoHost: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hannover:

I am very sorry bro, you may never get the information you need because Nigerians behave like zombies. All they talk about is UK USA and Canada. No large scope at all. Every tom dick and Harry in Nigeria only know about this 3 countries only because that's what everyone is talking about now till restrictions starts happening.

I know of the max 6 months post study permit policy of the swiss government and I understand that this is enough to discourage a lot of people.

However, I am not going to play by that alone. I am trying to look into people's mind and gain from experience.
Re: Switzerland Students Visa Thread by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoHost:

Thank you so much for your response.

Can you please shed some more light on your position?.

The reason for these types of comments is why I require more information. I have read a couple of such comments without a clear outline of why it's so.

I will appreciate your further response.

Thank you.

You aren't allowed to work for the first six months and when you are allowed to, it's maximum of 15 hours a week. Except you are exceedingly wealthy, you will suffer greatly as Switzerland is a very expensive country. After your studies you have six months to find a job that can sponsor you on a work permit. The swiss government limits visa sponsorship to around 4000 every year. It's very difficult getting one and you have limited time period. I would avoid this country completely except you have a solid plan b. Mind you, during your six months grace period you are still limited to 15 hours a week too.

(1) (Reply)

How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University / Newslagos To Abuja In 1hr : 40 Mins : China’s Bullet Train Reaches 281m/hr / Good Uk Universities For M.sc In Information Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.