Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Know Your Crypto Lingo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Know Your Crypto Lingo (318 Views)

Speaking The Language: Essential Radio Lingo For Effective Communication / Decoding The Language Of The Airwaves: Radio Lingo Unveiled / Now Get Grip On Your English With The Help Of Lingo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know Your Crypto Lingo by EinsteinAyo(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2022
There is a lot of jargon out there in crypto land and often it can be difficult to decipher.

Use this helpful list to make the most of the best crypto tips and dodge common cryptocurrency mistakes that could blow up your trading account.

1.Altcoin: a portmanteau of “alternative” and “coin”, altcoin refers to any cryptocurrency other than the original one, bitcoin.

2.Cryptocurrency exchanges: just like regular stock exchanges, the likes of Yellow Card, Coinbase, Binance, Gemini and Bitstamp allow traders and investors to buy and sell — except that here they are trading cryptocurrencies. Unlike standard stock markets, cryptocurrency exchanges are online-only and are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

3.Limits: most exchanges do not set limits or restrictions on the number of cryptocurrency trades their users can make in a day. On turbulent trading days, when cryptocurrency prices are moving up or down very quickly, some brokers may put a short-term halt on people depositing funds on their platforms.

4.Market cap: the total value of a cryptocurrency. It’s calculated by multiplying the price of a cryptocurrency by the total number of its coins in circulation. It’s a useful measure for comparing the total value or size of different cryptocurrencies.

5.Shorting: “shorting” cryptocurrency means betting on the price going down rather than up.

6.Forks: a cryptocurrency fork is a split in a blockchain where two separate blockchains are created. This is sometimes because of a disagreement between developers as to how the blockchain should be organised. In 2017, bitcoin forked into two separate blockchains: bitcoin and bitcoin cash.

7.ICO: this is an initial coin offering where new cryptos are sold to investors for the first time. It’s similar to an initial public offering (IPO) in the stocks and shares world.

8.Margin trading: when platforms talk about margin trading, they mean investors borrow money to increase their bet on a cryptocurrency. Be very careful, though, because margin trading can dramatically exacerbate losses if a trade doesn’t go your way.

9.Fiat: a fiat currency is one that is backed by a sovereign government. For instance, sterling, US dollars or Indian rupees.

10.Cloud mining: People can “mine”, or create, cryptocurrencies to compete for rewards in the form of newly minted crypto. Cloud mining uses remote data centres with shared processing power, like the kind that powers Google software, to pool resources and cut the cost of mining.

What are the other crypto lingo that you know? And which of the Cryptocurrency Exchangers do you use?

Let me have your Comments
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by OladapoF(m): 11:24am On Jul 21, 2022
Bull markets and bear markets: these are phrases borrowed from traditional stock markets. A bull market means traders are confident in the prospects for a particular investment, meaning they will keep buying and prices will keep rising – whereas in a bear market, traders are nervous and prices will generally fall.

I use YELLOW CARD and BINANCE as my Cryptocurrency Exchangers
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by AyodejiFelix(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2022
Sell orders: a sell order is an instruction given by traders to a platform to sell cryptocurrency that they own when the price hits a certain level. In traditional markets, this is referred to as a “stop loss”.

I frequently use Coinbase and Yellow Card.
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Nick13: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
If you were looking for clear and understandable recommendations for exchanging crypto https:///s/dont_block_crypto this is exactly what you need. All the most important about cryptocurrencies and their regulation in plain language! Various approaches to the adoption of cryptography, from a complete ban to legalization.
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Qye1: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Finally check below a free guide to making money online trading

Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Niswayne19: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
OladapoF:
Bull markets and bear markets: these are phrases borrowed from traditional stock markets. A bull market means traders are confident in the prospects for a particular investment, meaning they will keep buying and prices will keep rising – whereas in a bear market, traders are nervous and prices will generally fall.

I use YELLOW CARD and BINANCE as my Cryptocurrency Exchangers

Same here. But I live Yellow card now because of their referral program. I always get 20% bonus on the fees from anyone I referred every time He or she trade for life. That offer has made me keep using the exchange platform. Abeg if you plan to sign up use my referral link so I make extra money.
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Ezlynn: 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
I hodl and trade Cryptocurrency on Coinbase, paxful and yellowcard, but I just got schooled with this rich content of yours, thanks for sharing.
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Freelancerx: 12:52am On Jul 24, 2022
Thank you for this. Although, the Yellow Card academy has robust materials that teaches you abouyt crypto too
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Freelancerx:
Thank you for this. Although, the Yellow Card academy has robust materials that teaches you abouyt crypto too

How do one access this Yellowcard academy?
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by Freelancerx: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
Abiodunspectre:

How do one access this Yellowcard academy?
check out wwwdotacademydotyellowcarddotio/
Re: Know Your Crypto Lingo by tobiapalowo: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2022
This is a very helpful content. I'd suggest people go for crypto platform they trust not just the one that is famous. Check out yellow card app, it's a good crypto option.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Vp Candidate, Shettima, Is The Main Star Of Post-nba Conference 2022 / Best Indoor Air Quality Solutions In New York / If you're to advise someone, what advice would you give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.