Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff (31146 Views)

32k Job In VI Worth It? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Current Vacancy For A Restaurant In VI - Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Ishilove: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2022
rozaie:

You listed at least 3 or more things that needed to be done in that space to make it conducive enough right? Well was that supposed to come from my pocket considering that I just got the job there ? Did I make the necessary demands?? Yes I did, did my ex boss do anything about it?? No he didn’t?? The irony of everything was that I didn’t even ask for much, I actually slept in that place, I actually used the bathroom, I’m I supposed to come and wash a bathroom and toilet, that others have been using before i came there? Common now! It’s ridiculous how people think these days. It’s like I said and I’ll continue to say, they should respond to me. I mean the company, because they know, there’s more to what I’m saying

Not to mention walking under the sun as a delivery person?? My mum almost ran mad when I eventually told her, the right people, that actually know these know that the situation I was in was really messed up, but leave all these illiterates that know know anything to keep typing trash
Why should you be fixing their property for them? Many Nigerian employers are evil

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Ishilove: 11:14am On Jul 22, 2022
rozaie:

Exactly, always supporting rubbish
How anyone can see nothing wrong with this accommodation, in addition to making you walk under the sun to deliver food like a Jumia agent is beyond me.

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:14am On Jul 22, 2022
lovchalice:
2016 my boss slapped me for no just reason. Later called policemen from Ilassa police station to come pick me up. After I explained what happened they asked us to resolve it.
I paid myself the two months salary he is owing and resigned

These people are bullies

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:21am On Jul 22, 2022
Rogerz007:

I think you should let the matter die..You said they have paid you your outstanding salary. You have done good by yourself and to others by voicing out. It is left for people to learn from it. Goodnight

I’m not pursuing any matter is not my fault people are picking interest on the post I made about 2/3 weeks ago, I just hope it gets across to people that actually matter
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2022
Ishilove:

How anyone can see nothing wrong with this accommodation, in addition to making you walk under the sun to deliver food like a Jumia agent is beyond me.

Do you mind all these suffer head mentality people
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2022
Ishilove:

Why should you be fixing their property for them? Many Nigerian employers are evil

Exactly oh!! Exactly
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:29am On Jul 22, 2022
DJperdurabo:

It's worrying that Nigeria has gotten so bad that we accept just about anything. You, my dear, have the right to "want" what you want without anyone calling you out. You "KNOW" who you are, you know the work, pain, tears, effort, money and whatnot that you've expended in becoming the professional you are. You deserve your day in the sun, your rest and the right to a decent job. Also, others who can survive working under the conditions you described should go ahead; each to his own.

That you were being called out by others for demanding what is right (accommodation was part of the offer so yea, it was your entitlement...for those who don't know, be educated) is totally wrong. It just goes to show you how severely broken in spirit the average Nigerian youth is-willing to take any crumb thrown at him from the largess or so called benevolence of a master who is NOTHING without him.

Kudos to a certain poster with the Asour handle. He was so onpoint about the symbiotic relationship between the employer and the employee. Sadly, this isn't the case in Nigeria.

Don't lose sleep over the issue. You're definitely in a better place.

Thank you so much for this, good to know that there are people you still think logically and are bold to say the truth just as it is. I can never loose sleep by God’s grace

Thank you!!!!! God bless you
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:33am On Jul 22, 2022
galantjoe:

You re taking this too far after shooting yourself. Secondly from your response and talkings I could deduce the reason they quickly sack you.

You have self entitlement syndrome, do u know how much to rent a room in VI.

CHANGE YOUR WAY SO THAT YOU CAN BE GOOD TO YOURSELF

They terminated the contract because they wanted someone they could bully, someone without a sense of worth and dignity, not me boo, I gladly left. Because it’s not me they want subject to such.

Also I will never stay in an accommodation I can’t afford for myself. So your response is baseless and meaningless

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2022
tasceige:
I need to print and frame this line. Enough to ginger any parent to work hard. grin grin grin angry
Make them no from Nairaland they teach their pickin.

I love this writeup

Lol. THANK YOUU!!! , I just had to state facts
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2022
ednut1:
her name is all over the internet. Which new employer will want to employ her. She should have pimped the room and go home on weekends. But eh what do i know

I’m good love, thanks
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2022
franciskaine:
dat she cant walk under d sun to get food for her boss is highly arrogant on her part. this is a new job dat deserves every level of humility to not only understand d work situation but also work environment. the accommodation is not entirely bad if she's dedicated to putting things right. Never a bed of roses anywhere.

You can actually apply to be their delivery person, that should be the perfect job for you as you want be the advocate for rubbish
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2022
rozaie:

You listed at least 3 or more things that needed to be done in that space to make it conducive enough right? Well was that supposed to come from my pocket considering that I just got the job there ? Did I make the necessary demands?? Yes I did, did my ex boss do anything about it?? No he didn’t?? The irony of everything was that I didn’t even ask for much, I actually slept in that place, I actually used the bathroom, I’m I supposed to come and wash a bathroom and toilet, that others have been using before i came there? Common now! It’s ridiculous how people think these days. It’s like I said and I’ll continue to say, they should respond to me. I mean the company, because they know, there’s more to what I’m saying

It is not your right to fix anything for them. I am just thinking the accommodation isn't that bad. But, since you find it unlivable, then your opinion is valid.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maverick777:

You don't know what slavery is my dear, continue living in dreamland, don't make lemonade out of lemons you have, you hear!
from your post its even obvious the kinda person you're, overly emotional and zero logical. who insulted you? were you even the one I quoted?

By the way, its 'GOOD RIDDANCE', not the gibberish you wrote there...
So much for, 'I know my worth'...

And I never want to be associated with Slavery, my 4 father’s already did that, whether or not you correct my English that’s a weak approach for an insult because clearly you understand what I typed.

If it is paining you so much that I know my worth, channel that pain to make your life more useful. Love and light my dear
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It is not your right to fix anything for them. But, I am just thinking the accommodation isn't that bad. But, since you find it unlivable, then your opinion is valid.

Thank you
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2022
Jephyard:
Jesus is Lord! Look at people making excuse for the employer, no proper thinking and them call themselves learned people, no wonder they all lived in such condition how can they think well.

I doff my hat for that Lady that reject such condition even if she is living in a slum it no excuse for the company to provide such dirty accommodation for his/her employees. It is wrong in all shade. It dehumanizing to place someone in such condition and expect the person to do well in her workplace. What the employee should have done was to clean that place up. Now she has put it in-order with her own money will they pay her back? The company should be called out, it very bad even if some of us have accepted such conditions to meet end means that doesn't mean it right to stay in such condition.

Some of you have never lived with women's or take time to understand women personal hygiene. Most women don't share toilet and bathroom with more than one person who is not family or a partner. You are telling a female employee to share toilet and bathroom with six people, it almost close to impossible for any woman to accept that. Personal hygiene is key to work success. A healthy staff is a healthy firm/company.

I can't work in any work environment that don't provide clean and condusive environment, tht doesn't take safety serious at work. It will affect the work growth no matter how you put it. It will hamper on the staff quality to succeed thereby leading to low production output no matter how you put it.

When they say most Nigerian graduate are unemployable it because they don't know what to add to the company for it to grow even if they lives in slave conditions and how can you make input when you lives in slave conditions by the way. The employer just lost a gem that will add to the company, do you know how? Since she is the cook of the company she cares more about her personal hygiene and the hygiene of the staff/MD and how it will affect the quality of food to be served, a healthy meal means a healthy staff/MD then a happy firm/company. Yet the company haven't paid her after 5 days, haba nah. Anybody supporting this is wicked. And if anyone is saying I should go open mine, no be all of us go fun a firm. By the way I will prefer a 20 proper run firm than a million slave firm with bad conditions in this country.

Note: Nigeria has long way to go with the kind of response I am seeing on this forum it shows again we have no will power to make things right, we are anyhow people once money is involve we don't care. I now understand where someone with a job of 24 million per annum and his wife a Branch Manager to a bank will resign and sell his properties and leave this country for good, it is not about the pay it about the slowpoke who hate living a good life and keep repeating same old trick and expecting different result thereby keeping the sane and bright one in the same spot. We are not poor because there is no money we are poor because we have no self worth, we are too greedy and shameless lots in short no Justice. All the bright mind leaving to other countries who do you think will suffer for it? I guess you know the answer, make nah get out.

I doff my hat for you boss, you too much, thank you
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
GardenGreen:

As I write, two Nairalanders are fully in charge of my company. Have foods that last a month and I'm not even with them

You're stvpid. Why did her father or brothers not rise to create a business if it were that easy

Guess what?? My mum is opening a first class restaurant in owerri and I’m going to be the COO.
Continue to be bitter behind your keypads �
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Andibot:

It's a shame on you. That the innovation will come from the employee to fix the apartment from the sorry state it is in. The employee is not lazy. She's willing to do her job professionally. So her employer should do his part. If that were to be his kitchen will he eat anything cooked from there? I can't imagine how you think employers should continue to treat fellow Nigerians as slaves in their own country. Where is the human dignity in this kind of apartment?! If an employee decides to rent this then it's the person's choice as that's what she can afford. Not an employer choking this down anyone' s throat. The accommodation is supposed to be an attraction for the job which caught her attention in the first place. Not some slave mentality.

Thank you ohhhh
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Maverick777: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
rozaie:

And I never want to be associated with Slavery, my 4 father’s already did that, whether or not you correct my English that’s a weak approach for an insult because clearly you understand what I typed.

If it is paining you so much that I know my worth, channel that pain to make your life more useful. Love and light my dear
I really hate to do this, but, for context, I can comfortably employ and pay 50 of you for a whole lifetime!
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
sukkot:
are you kidding me ? you cannot get that place in VI for less than 1.8 million naira, and i am dead serious. maybe in lekki you can get that place for 1 million but in VI ? that place they gave her is 1.8 million and above . victoria island is prime real estate. they can rent you a box for 1 million to sleep in it so long as the box is in VI you will pay 1 million

First of I am not a cook, you better know the difference, a cook can earn a miserable 5 figure salary but my dear , not me. Not with my level of experience, I saw someone say I am not Gordon Ramsey, oh well what can I say, I hope to get to his level soon enough. Do you know red dish chronicles?? I schooled there , not to mention that I actually have a Bsc in Accounting, and other reputable certifications, that have earned me the right to say that “ I know my worth”

So again I say, miss me with all the bullshit you lot are typing on here. I don’t care to know how much accommodation costs in V.I that is not my business. I will never carry myself to rent a place that I cannot afford, nor leave above my means.

But keep typing rubbish, as that is the only way you console yourself of the stupid mentality you actually possess
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maverick777:

I really hate to do this, but, for context, I can comfortably employ and pay 50 of you for a whole lifetime!

Good for you
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maverick777:

For clarity what is the name of your company? Is it listed among the top 100 Nigerian companies with influence and recognition?? Just asking, if not shut up respectfully. Your lie is actually smelling through your keypads. No be only pay 50 of me for a lifetime.

You can Never!!!! It’s not a curse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Jephyard:

I won't result to insult but how I wish you know what I stand for.

I resign from my work place in 2016 or 2017 can't really remember the year cos of condition that was not stated in my contract. I will state the company name for you to walk down there yourself to ask about me from the CEO (He is into politics now and please provide your mail i will send you the address of where I worked and asked about me from the CEO himself) Today the kind of respect I earn just standing for what is in my contract or common sense at workplace no be small because I stood my ground.

I understand you lack self worth even if you understand what that even mean thats for another matter. You employed a staff who saw the accommodation in bad state decide to fix it even using her own money and then it made it known to the firm about it that they should fix a part of it twice and which they didn't and decided to sack her without being paid for the time being and for freaking 5 days before she blew the whistle. Abeg bros who wise between the two of us cos I want to know how do you lay someone off without paying her immediately. Please I want to learn cos if nah me own you money and I didn't pay you at stipulated time as at when due that your hand go dey type all over nairaland say I be fraud.

Do you mind these illiterate, ass kissing, liars and blabbers on this platform
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bionica:

And who dear Sir is the arbiter of 'decency and conducive'?

No wonder the massive attempt to relocate. You have been given employment and it comes with accomodation. Yes, the accomodation could be made better but then by who?

In her shoes I would turn around that place and it will transform in ways even the owner will be mesmerized.

Just an aside to buttress this point, a chef of Efik extraction was employed by a 'big man' in Ikoyi and given a one room apartment as her residence with a salary of 35k monthly.

Before she moved into that premisses it was a terrible place, pathways overgrown with weeds, terrible paintwork and of course a very untidy environment.

Fast forward to just two months when I had reason to visit the place again, the entire place had been completely transformed. It was an amazing sight to behold.

I wasn't therefore surprised to find out later in the year that she had been promoted to head of household with a salary of 100k. Less than one year.

We really need to see some of these obstacles as opportunities rather than complain at every juncture.

Such a beautiful story sha, please send me her contact let’s verify the truth
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
GardenGreen:

Oga. Stop the deflection. Why couldn't she work from.home. Is a company supposed to house a worker in the first place?

You're slow

But you are actually really shallow, it’s disgusting, did you miss the part where I stated that the accommodation was going to be available in the offer ?? Or you are just plain ass dumb?? Did I force anyone to put that there?? Was the reason for stating that not supposed to make my job easier??

Are you wise

The only mistake I made was that I didn’t verify the so called accommodation before accepting the job .

It’s not by force to like low budget accommodation now??!
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Trojan8(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
rozaie:

Do you mind these illiterate, ass kissing, liars and blabbers on this platform

You sound quite bitter. It's not everybody that can agree with you. The headline was about a bad accommodation, which wasn't so bad in reality. You have been paid, and moving on. Why are you still bitter? You keep talking about your qualifications like the whole world is supposed to revolve around you because of that.
Abeg relax.

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Bionica: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2022
rozaie:

Such a beautiful story sha, please send me her contact let’s verify the truth

You can chose to believe whatever fits your fantasy.

I will however advise that you diversify your mind. It's not all the time that promotion and advancement is tied to certain stereotypes.

This was a classical example of 'the extra mile' being identified and rewarded appropriately.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Trojan8:

You sound quite bitter. It's not everybody that can agree with you. The headline was about a bad accommodation, which wasn't so bad in reality. You have been paid, and moving on. Why are you still bitter? You keep talking about your qualifications like the whole world is supposed to revolve around you because of that.
Abeg relax.

Bitter?? Pleaseeee, the head line was not just about a bad accommodation, read well before you comment, I have moved on, this post got reposted here to reach a wider audience, I am no where pained or bitter. I’m just appalled by the sense of reasoning the likes of you have, and it’s like I said, people with sense, see beneath the post and understand. I don’t need to sweat it
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=Bionica post=115003859]

I will however advise that you diversify your mind. It's not all the time that promotion and advancement is tied to certain stereotypes.

This was a classical example of 'the extra mile' being identified and rewarded appropriately.

[/quote

All I need is proof to back up your story of “extra mile” no need for long talk
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
rozaie:

Bitter?? Pleaseeee, the head line was not just about a bad accommodation, read well before you comment, I have moved on, this post got reposted here to reach a wider audience, I am no where pained or bitter. I’m just appalled by the sense of reasoning the likes of you have, and it’s like I said, people with sense, see beneath the post and understand. I don’t need to sweat it

Also if you think the accommodation wasn’t so bad in reality? How exactly do you know that?? Did you live there for 1 month like I did?? And I’m the bitter one?? Pathetic!
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by rozaie: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bionica:

No need for long talk , just provide proof of your story, that’s all
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Bionica: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
rozaie:

No need for long talk , just provide proof of your story, that’s all

And if I choose not to?
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Bionica: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=rozaie post=115007477][/quote]

Really!

Then be really patient.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 7 Shell Oil Interview Questions And Answers / Job Vacancies For Today 29 June 2015 / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.