Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? (13034 Views)

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / Sunset At Noon (dedicated To All Who Have Ever Lost A Loved One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by CedarHoldings: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mafxeless:

yes, all this menace will end if he dies, so just kill the murder fucker

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by obedience4(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Franking:

Taaa. This one is beyond ur God. What God cannot do plenty baje. Ur God can start by healing him without him going to ur MFM or any church for that matter. Leave God and religion out when we talk serious and practical things.

Life it self is spiritual
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Sleekfingers: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
kingthreat:
To break it short to you guys. My girl has been a pain on my neck lately on her elder brother's case. We all know her brother is into weed and crack, thats the one we know. Guy is in his late 20s. Last year he made a decision in front of their family to quit and live a better life and they supported him.

Now he is fully back into his destructive habit. Recently, he has not been at home as sometimes he hangs out in a friend's place. His mum got a call from him saying he was picked up for no reason by the police and is presently being detained for nothing. When the mum got there, police told her the truth.

Man was caught during a raid on a drug joint and he must be bailed. Police was even telling the mum that they are lucky the raid was not by NDLEA else it would have been more serious. Mum was in tears seeing her son looking tattered and having gone back to such bad habit.

This is someone that is a graduate, but has let his habit make him jobless and a nuisance. I do talk to him sometimes on the dangers of weed, arizona, crack, xtacy, ice, etc. I even sent him 50k to keep him going at a time. He keeps assuring me he is okay. It is abit heartbreaking for me despite him not being my blood. It gets my girl moody most of the time.

Is there anything his loved ones can do to stop him from taking this? Rehab runs into millions and his family cannot fund it.
But is there something to make the nigga stop and stop being a problem on his family?

Will appreciate responses from those who were able to get their loved ones to stop drug abuse.

Go to state or federal government hospitals. They will give you all the necessary information.......
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Ppp1p: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Just do it
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kingice1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
All he needs is constant teachings and prayers
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Franking: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
princeemmma:

but why are they not quitting?

to me its because they don't see any reason of quitting?

I take it u have never smoked. It's not that easy.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by topemama1: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
you may find this harsh but I'm just being truthful with you. He'll NEVER change and he's gonna continue with the addiction until he leaves this earth. You can take him to Adeboye or Oyedepo and it still won't change a damn thing. He can see the best psychiatrist, counsellors, therapist etc in the world and it won't make any difference. No one can change him but himself! Even if he moves to any new place, a new country he'll still find where they sell the drugs and continue with his addiction. The sooner his parents understand this, the better it is for them as they are gonna be miserable for the rest of their lives and keep hoping for him to change but sadly he'll NEVER change.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by PharmacyStore: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
You can go for counseling
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by MtDave55: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Drug addiction it any other form of addict8is a very dangerous thing.

Mindset is what is needed to stop it, that's the first step.
Discuss it with him and be convinced that he truly and sincerely wish to stop it, make plans, outline the process and procedures and ensure every steps and procedures are strictly adhered to.
NB: it will be practically difficult or impossible to stop it drastically in order to keep withdrawal symptoms in check, adopt gradual withdrawal i.e gradual decrease of dosage, make sure also he get himself busy and staying out of drug friends and zone
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
kingthreat:
Man was caught during a raid on a drug joint and he must be bailed. Police was even telling the mum that they are lucky the raid was not by NDLEA else it would have been more serious. Mum was in tears seeing her son looking tattered and having gone back to such bad habit.

This is someone that is a graduate, but has let his habit make him jobless and a nuisance. I do talk to him sometimes on the dangers of weed, arizona, crack, xtacy, ice, etc. I even sent him 50k to keep him going at a time. He keeps assuring me he is okay. It is abit heartbreaking for me despite him not being my blood. It gets my girl moody most of the time.

Is there anything his loved ones can do to stop him from taking this? Rehab runs into millions and his family cannot fund it.
But is there something to make the nigga stop and stop being a problem on his family?

Will appreciate responses from those who were able to get their loved ones to stop drug abuse.
Hope the mother didn't bail him out as prison might be the best place to help wean him off the drugs since it seems he has enablers everywhere else, which includes you @OP. undecided

This is drug addiction, not a simple cold or something like that. The only one that can stop this is the boy himself. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by superCleanworks(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
kingthreat:

i could suggest something but 90% of people would not try it even though it has an 80% success rate. it would require the energy of those that say they love that guy (his family) and not even him.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by YorubaYouth247: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
DonBenny77:
This matter is a very serious one.
From my experience only God can decide
Even after spending millions in rehab 80 percent of addicts will still relapse.
True. Prayer is The Key to come out of all vices.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by ojj(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
kingthreat:
To break it short to you guys. My girl has been a pain on my neck lately on her elder brother's case. We all know her brother is into weed and crack, thats the one we know. Guy is in his late 20s. Last year he made a decision in front of their family to quit and live a better life and they supported him.

Now he is fully back into his destructive habit. Recently, he has not been at home as sometimes he hangs out in a friend's place. His mum got a call from him saying he was picked up for no reason by the police and is presently being detained for nothing. When the mum got there, police told her the truth.

Bro let me be sincere with it is only prayers that can save him,talking from experience.my younger Bro is a case study,I have bailed him out of police detection countless times and we don't have money for rehabilitation home,it was just prayers and believing in God to rescue him,I gave up on him but that didn't stop me from communicating with him.One morning he just woke and said he is tired and was going to live with my Dad who is in another state and was quiting drugs because his life is miserable.you need to see my Bro now.the tears of joy in my heart seeing him and the big transformation is beyond words.there is nothing impossible for God to do.He needs change of environment and prayers

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by pikechukwu6(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Tinubu will explain better tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by kingthreat(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
ojj:
Bro let me be sincere with it is only prayers that can save him,talking from experience.my younger Bro is a case study,I have bailed him out of police detection countless times and we don't have money for rehabilitation home,it was just prayers and believing in God to rescue him,I gave up on him but that didn't stop me from communicating with him.One morning he just woke and said he is tired and was going to live with my Dad who is in another state and was quiting drugs because his life is miserable.you need to see my Bro now.the tears of joy in my heart seeing him and the big transformation is beyond words.there is nothing impossible for God to do.He needs change of environment and prayers

This is a miracle for your family. I hope my babe can have the same story.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by kingthreat(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
superCleanworks:

i could suggest something but 90% of people would not try it even though it has an 80% success rate. it would require the energy of those that say they love that guy (his family) and not even him.

Please suggest. Many are reading.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by kingthreat(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Hope the mother didn't bail him out as prison might be the best place to help wean him off the drugs, as it seems he has enablers every well else, which includes you @OP. undecided

This is drug addiction, not a simple cold or something like that. The only one that can stop this is the boy himself. undecided

If I knew the man was still in the habit, I won't have given him a dime
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
kingthreat:
If I knew the man was still in the habit, I won't have given him a dime
Leave the man in jail. Send him books and give him food. not money. undecided

Also, research Clinics that use Ibogaine to treat addiction. I read somewhere in Agriculture Forum here that some are into farming the product. Tell your galfriend to investigate it and find how she can get her brother possibly treated with it. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by sholly28(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
Consult herbalist, they will miss something with the weed or the drink, he will forget everything
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by denny97797: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
I would think of rehabilitating the person and showing more love ones the person is clean. In addition, a change of environment and making the person busy.I would think of rehabilitating the person and showing more love ones the person is clean. In addition, a change of environment and making the person busy....
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Dynamite02: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Special prison how? Please expantiate

onlyboyson:
The best rehab for him now is prayer
Or the family should go to traditionalist and ask if there is problem somewhere

One of cousin is in this habit some years ago ,our family members organize and put him into special prison he stay for a year and 3 months but now he is living a normal life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by AlphaTaikun: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2022
kingthreat:

Within 2 months, he'll get well after being given detox drugs at the
Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital Yaba, Lagos.

There are testimonials to that effect.

Cheers.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kingthreat, here's another thought you might call everyone together to consider. Since gambling is an addiction, a sickness of sorts of the mind, you could look into finding an Ibogaine clinic where he could receive ibogaine treatment which is said to cure all kinds of addictions. undecided

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine
https://time.com/5951772/ibogaine-drug-treatment-addiction/
https://www.inverse.com/article/31461-ibogaine-cure-addiction
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by kingthreat(m): 3:32am On Jul 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Kingthreat, here's another thought you might call everyone together to consider. Since gambling is an addiction, a sickness of sorts of the mind, you could look into finding an Ibogaine clinic where he could receive ibogaine treatment which is said to cure all kinds of addictions. undecided

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine
https://time.com/5951772/ibogaine-drug-treatment-addiction/
https://www.inverse.com/article/31461-ibogaine-cure-addiction

Wow interesting. Thanks for this information. Don't know if there is a clinic for this in Nigeria though. But really appreciate all the same boss.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Jul 26, 2022
kingthreat:

Wow interesting. Thanks for this information. Don't know if there is a clinic for this in Nigeria though. But really appreciate all the same boss.
If you read the last article on the list, you will find this interesting story about how ibogaine gained popularity in the U.S. at least. undecided
In 1962, a teenage heroin addict from The Bronx named Howard Lotsof happened upon an extract of the substance in powder form. He took it searching for a high, found one, and also found that when it wore off, it took his desire for heroin with it. Six friends who were also junkies tried it; five went clean immediately, with none of the painful withdrawal for which heroin is notorious. Lotsof became a lifelong activist for the research of ibogaine for drug dependency.
Even if you don't find a clinic, I bet you should be able to find the plant and it's product right there in Nigeria. undecided
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by kingthreat(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you read the last article on the list, you will find this interesting story about how ibogaine gained popularity in the U.S. at least. undecided
Even if you don't find a clinic, I bet you should be able to find the plant and it's product right there in Nigeria. undecided

This I guess can be a new money spinner.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
kingthreat:
This I guess can be a new money spinner.
Spinner ke? We are talking of a multi billion dollar business for someone who is business savvy. undecided
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Hed0nist: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
Sometimes there just not much you can do. As long as it has to do with drugs. It’s only the affected person that has the final say. He/She has to want to stop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
Those are terrible addictions to stop speaking from personal experience.... When it's time to stop he is gonna stop.... The more pressure you guys put on him... The more he is gonna fall back to those drugs... Just pray for him and keep on talking to him... Someday he is gonna come to his right senses... Just hope it's not too late though

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by MemoriesAndMe: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
I'd say just leave him there in jail for a long time. Thats natural detox of he doesn't get access to his fix there.
I he's hurriedly bailed out, he will think same will happen next time if he does it again.
Re: How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? by nedekid: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
kingthreat:

Ahaa, here lies the issues.
You have an associate taking some of the substance the bourdillion baba indulges and deals with.
Quite unfortunate. But don't take it on me Bros. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Palm Kernel Oil And Coconut Oil. ( Adin Eyan Ati Adin Agbon) Available Here! / Akwa Ibom Govt. Sets Up Family Court To Tackle Alleged Child Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.